Old 01-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #151  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Andi posted a diet coke chicken recipe that sounded really good somewhere. I also personally love chicken salad and chicken fajitas. Pretty our families are going to have to start storing us in coops! LOL
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #152  

M Everrett, the only thing I can tell you is it will go away but you will find yourself using the bathroom 2 times an hour

Sy, star, I have eaten a whole container of coolwhip lite over night before… that is definitely a no, no in my house now.

Angelica~ the limited is what the COD’s recommend usually. Some have had suggest with the unlimited, but some have created their own with limited meat, unlimited veggies to keep full. (I don’t think it will really hurt to have 100 more calories of cucumbers, green beans and lettuce)

Karen, Sy~Thanks again for the advice and again I didn’t look at it like that and the last thing I want is for him to think I want him…yuck, or for DBF to think I do. I have learned my lesson, next year he will get a tie from walmart. You all are full of so much wisdom, where were you 10 years ago when I met him at least I got a great parting gift-DS

Gama~ you are probably still getting rid of some of the water you have been holding on too, hope it’s better tonight….congrats on getting all the water down. Also lites are lites, so if you paid for lites, you can get the soup instead of the bars, the drinks too, it’s the snacks that cost more.

Saddlebreds~ try to get smaller size servings in, like 3 tbsp of nuts for a protein and ¼ cucumber for a veggie or one celery stick, 12 oz of juice will knock out 3 fruits.

Ripp~ I often get the chicken sub and have the chicken put on the bottom bread then take the bottom bread off and use the chicken as the bottom. If I am really hungry and think I won’t be able to resist I get the honey oat (which I hate) and that way I have to take off one bread.

where's deets, beanie and carmen...still on vacation? Come back, we miss you
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:18 PM   #153  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

How do you make your chicken fajitas, do you not use the package seasonings, but still grill the chicken, onions & peppers. And what do you have it on. In checking my guide I'm allowed a 1/2 of 6 inch tortilla. I have two starches left I could save them for dinner and have a whole one.

Thanks Shennie I will check with the center tomorrow. I've got two bottles down two more to go

My son is off today and he comes in with a pepperoni pizza from Bronco Billy's you can image how I wanted one piece. He reminded me of how good I'm doing and went off in his room to enjoy ever bite. I made myself a salad instead.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #154  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

im in and out Hi!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #155  

Height: 5' 4"

Ok chickies! I posted a better picture from my graduation day. DFI is on the left and DS is on the right. DD was taking the picture. I have set up a Web page to put a bunch of photos on for you guys, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I wanted to show you some before/after pictures. I will get around to it eventually.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #156  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Kren- youre so pretty and DFI isnt bad either, LOL! Thanks for posting!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #157  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Gama-

When cooking any ground meat for tacos/salad or chx breasts for tacos/salads/fajitas I don't use any packaged mixes. All "tex-mex" meat can be prepared using lots of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, amd mortons lite salt. You could always add tabasco if you want it spicier. I buy so much cumin now, it's ridiculous.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #158  

Karen, you are so pretty and thin, and like deets said....DFI is pretty handsome.

When you all post pictures you look so different then how i picture you in my head. Actually i think that eventually i start to think of you all in my head as your avatars, so deets, you are a purse in my mind

I guess I will post one of me soo, but have to get one taken.

Off to my practicum or 4 hours, have a good day everyone
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #159  

Karen - I noticed that you have a wedding ticker now - when is the big event? How many people will attend? We need details.....
Your DFI looks pretty dang cute......
I have to leave for the day, but will expect answers tomorrow.....lol
Hugs - me
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #160  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Karen really pretty picture of you. I first wondered where the new pic of you was and then investigated and found clicking on your pic you have it brought me to your new one.

Thanks Juliemarie I will add the spices you mentioned to my chicken tonight and see how it turns out. This way I can cook with ingredients I already have. I'm never cooked with cumin, but do have some in my cupboard, so some recipe must have called for it.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #161  
Katie

I use Mrs. Dash southwest seasoning on my fajitas, but be careful, it gets hot fast! I use a pita pocket instead of a tortilla. You get a lot of your serving into it. I also like to use FF sour cream, and squeeze some lime over it. Soooo good!

Karen, you are beautiful!
Old 01-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #162  
My 3 grandkids & myself

I used the regular Mrs Dash yesterday on the hamburger foil potato dish someone posted above. I didn't care for the blah taste, but I think it was more due to me having no onions to add to it and using the ground sirloin meat. I added a little more barbecue sauce to my meat to make it taste a little better. I need to buy more spices to make the foods taste better. A pita sounds good also I need to go shopping to buy more items. I still want to try the pizza on a pita.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #163  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm Baaaack!

Hello Everybody, and to all the newbies.

Better late than never, right? Actually I've been on all day, but had to catch up from New Year's Eve and then read the TWELVE pages of posts so far from January. Wow you guys!

Okay, here's my deal...I've been on vacation until today. I was supposed to do TO Monday and yesterday, but I got sick as a dog. Didn't eat much on Monday, yesterday felt a little better so I tried to do TO, but got sick again when I tried to keep drinking the juice. I am doing TO today, and its going well, but I don't know if I should do it again tomorrow after having had so little in my system from the previous 2 days. If anyone is out there...your thoughts?

Gama - . The pic of your grandchildren and DH is adorable, and by no means do you look 50ish. I admire the way you have made yourself right at home here with the chickies. They are a wonderful bunch.

Karen - you look SO young. You do look as young as DS. DFI is a cutie.

Shennie - MEN! He will feel soo small when he gets all the information. BUT, do let this be the last gift from you to him. I would think it would make your DFI feel at least a little bit awkward, plus, DX is obviously not as mature as you are, and is probably not as able to be really good friends as you are. Either way, don't let it stress you out.

Star - WTG jumping right back in the saddle.

Julie, Star, Bre, Andi, JulieM, Deets, BEANIE?, and the rest of you chickies... Howdy!

Carm
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #164  
Katie

Carmen, good to have you back chickie!!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #165  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Hi Carmen, Thanks it's the people on this board that have made it so easy to just jump in. I'm loving the support and the new ways to try foods and stay on program. Oh and I'll be 50 in Oct I'm not 50ish yet Thanks for the welcomes.