Old 01-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #16  

Shennie - Yes! Chutes and Ladders!! That's an oldie, but a goodie! We have game night on Friday nights, not as regularly as we used to, but we still love playing games. We have a whole closet full. I have always loved playing games. My niece marvels at the fact that I will actually play with them - my sister abhors playing with her kids! Wierd, huh? One game your son might enjoy now that he is older is "1313 Dead End Drive." My kids got it a couple of years ago and it is a blast. It is a mansion filled with people who are heirs to a fortune. The idea is to get out alive - before one of the others kill you to inherit your money. It has booby traps all over the place - we love it! (Yes, this is the preacher's family...scary, huh?)

Fiona - I love your January goal! It isn't hard to stay warm in Texas.

We are getting ready to watch "The March of the Penguins," although my youngest is balking at it. She thinks it sounds too educational for the holidays. I have heard that it is fantastic, though, so we're watching it anyway.

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #17  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Its a great movie, Andi! We are snuggling up in bed with the three little ones to watch Polar Express!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #18  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Well, 1st day of 06 and POP for me! I did the math today and figured out that if I continue to lose 2 lbs per week until my birthday in June, I will be at goal!!! Have a great night all!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:29 PM   #19  

Hello everybody. Im new here and will be starting my fast forward program in the morning. I hope you don't mind if I jump in with ya'll as I could use some LAWL support. I had my sign up meeting and will go to my next meeting tomorrow. I assume this is when I will be pushed to buy the LA lites.
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #20  
Missing Ohio

HAPPY NEW YEAR Chickies,

Thank God that's over(holidays). No more big cooking for me until Easter. I'm tired so will bid you chickies a good night.

later,
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #21  
One pound at a time......

Default Juice Recipe

I understand the concern about the juice $$. I was concerned about it too, so I did some reseach and found the recipe. I hope this helps - I do not know how expansive it is I have not tried it.

1 cup papaya juice
1/2 cup green tea, strongly brewed
1 scoop soy protien powder w/ spirulina
1/4 cup carrot juice
1/4 cup apricot juice
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 cup grape juice
1/2 cup no fat plain yogurt
1 packet of sweet and low

All juices above are no sugar added

Recipe makes 2 servings
Blend until smooth all of the above ingredients (except powder ) with 8 oz. water. When you add the powder, blend until smooth again. Drink 1/2 of the mix served over ice and refrigerate the other 1/2.
Juice recipe may be used for 2 days!!

When someone tries this let us know. I bought the FF juice before I found the recipe and can't use it for another two weeks.

Has anyone use the TRIMAX? I have not been use the bottle they gave me until today I did and my blood pressure went sky rocketing. I felt real light headed and dizzy at work. I told the nurse I was working with to call my husband if I fell over. I could not figure out what was wrong with me. Then I started to assess my basics - blood sugar, pulse, blood pressure - and found my BP @ 168/98 with an automatic BP machine so I asked the other nurse to do it manually and it was near that high still ( sometimes the autos are not always accurate ) . So I slowed down and did some desk work but as soon as I got up to do floor work, up went the BP. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I was just wondering.

Oh I WI on Friday, after completing my third week/ starting my fourth, I have lost 8.8 lbs and 11 1/2 inches. I am so excited......

Sarah

Last edited by sarah135; 01-01-2006 at 11:41 PM.
sarah135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #22  
Katie

Welcome Nikkijo! Have you decided if you are going to buy the bars or not? Good luck with FF!

Sarah, WTG! That is a great loss!

Mary, Just wondering, any response from EMIL?

Bre, I'm with you. Glad that the holidays are over. I have not baked at all since I started the plan in August, till Christmas. My 5 year old told my mom that he hopes that LAWL will go out of business so that his mom can eat sugar again. Guess he noticed the lack of treats at our house!

Good night everybody!!

Last edited by Repo girl; 01-02-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:09 AM   #23  

ok, it's 5:00 in the monring here and I can not sleep. I did my ritual new year's cleaning of DS room wer eI get all of the toys and lcothes he hasn't used/can't wear and pack them up to give away, and I am really bored. I am ussually like this the first weke that DS is gone to his grandparents (thankfully Christmas and Spring break only last a week, but for summer he is ussually gone about 4-6 weeks and I ussually get over being home alone after the first 10 days, and then love the freedom )

Called DBF up and he was sleepy and told me to look at a photo album and go back to sleep

so I was watching inofmercials and bought turbo jam...I hope it is worth it, but I lloked one-bay to se if they had it cheaper and they were bidding $20-30 per CD, so I just went ahead and ordered the whole set and since I ordered in the 15 minutes, I got 1 of my easy payments of 19.95 knocked off and free express shipping )

Guess I'll go read now until sleep takes over.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:05 AM   #24  

Hey chicks!

I was not POP this weekend at all, and for the lack of my efforts I'm back at 180 . . for some reason I am not allowing myself to break this barrier for good . .. Something to think about this week!

I did have a lovely time at my DSis's yesterday - her DMIL makes creamed chipped beef, and I only have it once a year, so I enjoy it when I can. I made a cake from scratch - that's the first one for months - Katie, I'm with you about lack of sugar in the house - amazing - I had to buy flour and sugar, and these used to be regular purchases!

My fave game when I was growing up was Monopoly -- and I've always loved card games.

Anyway, I do have the juice, but have already had yogurt and blueberries, so TO may have to wait for tomorrow or Wednesday.

Fiona - congrats on staying within your line in the sand!

Hi Nikkijo and Welcome!

Sarah - welcome! and congrats on your success. I have not used any of the supps - they've never given them away at my center - but I'd stop using them if they do that -- but you've probably already figured that out. I did hear one of the counselors suggest only taking one (she was talking about excel, which I think is the new version to replace the tri-max) if it gave that kind of reaction.

Catch you all later!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:29 AM   #25  
Katie

Wow, I"m close to TOM, and up 5 lbs today. Guess I will hit the lemon water.

Julie- I am with you. I wonder if I will ever see the end of the 180's!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:45 AM   #26  

Down 1.8 this morning!!! I now weigh 218.8!!

I am going to the Mayo Clinic for an appointment tomorrow (I live 1.5 hours away) and have my food all planned out (I'll eat lunch there--a salad at Subway).

I better go change my ticker!
mnpeach00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #27  
banned

Bummer Katie My TOM is due next week and I havent lost according to my home scale despite being POP and not having any heavy proteins, etc. Some of those number decades are just like roadblocks, I swear! I remember finding the 180's NEVER ENDING too...you WILL gte out of them though, keep on keepin on!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #28  
banned

Did you notice your water % go up, out of curiosity? Mine seems to always be at 49-50%. LOVE the scale recommendation, who knew they could be so cool?
Old 01-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #29  

Smile Good Morning !!

Or should I say, GOOD LATE MORNING !! I am not very enegernic today. I had a tough weekend at work and was off program both evenings, now I feel crappy.

I've seen people talk about Knudsen's juice before, where do you buy it and is it used the same way, add water or drink it straight? HOw much do you drinK?

Sarah
Old 01-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #30  

Smile Knudsen juice

I went on their web site and there is a ton of flavors, any certain one I should use?

Sarah