Old 01-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #841  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Carmen~
I have 3 semesters counting this one I should graduate May 2007 (wooooooohooooooooooo) I know my Granddaddy will smile down on me that day and say took you long enough lol. The last semester will be when i do my student teaching but I do have to teach a few lesson plans this semester and next semester as well. During my student teaching I will actually teach for 6 weeks in a K-3 setting and 6 weeks in a 4-6 setting. Crossing my fingers i dont get 6th grade lol. This is a little random but i hear it sleeting outside joy joy. About the attitude Thanks!! I have come to far in just the past 2 weeks to NOT have a positive attitude about the whole program. Ohhhhh I dont recall if I told yall or not but my mom and dad are starting the biggest loser "diet" part on Feb 1st but they have been eating what I can eat for the past 2 weeks and my dad has lost 10 lbs and my mom has lost 5 or 6 lbs cant remember which. I am very proud of them but i was like hey i only lost 4.25 yall cant be losing more than me lol.

Tina~
The biggest loser special edition is on tomorrow night its the results show from last week the engaged couples and one couple will win the wedding of their dreams.

Karen~
That dress is a killer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I have some stuff i need to read and download on the computer so i better run for now.....
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #842  

Sznn~ are you loosing inches? maybe that is were it is going, of that is what I hope is happening to me.

Carmen~ YBB was so much fun, but I don't have a beginner tape or anything, i just got one for "free" with my Turbo Jam package. I started it and thye were ont he ground doing all of these slow yoga moves and I was like, this is going to be too easy, I will have to do another one afterwards, well 2 minutes later they had me gasping for air It was all dance though and was so much fun, i was tripping over my feet, but didn't feel like I worked out at all (until the next day)
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:46 PM   #843  

Britt~ I graduate in May 2007 too Everyone who graduates this year says it will go by really fast, but to mee it still seems like forever, maybe next year we will feel like better about it. thankfully with my practicum i only have to take 2 other classes this semester. Next semesters practicum I have to take 3 classes with
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #844  

Carmen and Beanie~~Y'all are SWEET!!!!!!!!

My prayers are with you Beanie and your DPs. My mom spent a lot of time with my grandmother when her health was failing. It was really tiring for her, but she was glad she was able to spend the time with her.

Britt and Shennie~ Good luck in school, or really I should stay Study hard. I guess luck doesn't have much to do with your success.

Britt~I was an education major, and I tought 6th grade for 4 yrs. before I had my first child and became a stay at home mom and part time photographer.
Your right about 6th grade, it is a tough age....not little kids, but definitely not very mature either...Pre-pubescant pukes my husband used to say when I had a bad day, but some days were really fun too.
My daughters are in 1st and 3rd. Both of those grades are FUN!
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:07 PM   #845  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Repo last week you were talking about a juice that is like the juice they have at the centers. What is it called again and where can I get it from? I am going shopping tomorrow and wanted to pick some up if I could.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #846  
Katie

Height: 5'1

It is called Knudsens Morning Blend. It is organic, so usually you can get it in the health food section. I buy mine at Fred Meyers.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:02 PM   #847  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Shennie & Heather, thanks I'm feeling better. I called my transitional counselor and he talked to me some and he is going to call me tomorrow to go over some more interviewing tips. A couple of years ago I had a pretty bad interview where I was drilled for 30 mins by one person and then drilled another 30 mins by another. I left there feeling worse then when I went in and new that wasn't the company I wanted to work for.

Shennie I'm sure you will notice soon that you are losing or at least inches. I give you credit for exercising, that is an area I'm weak in.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:13 PM   #848  

Hi to you all, I just started LAWL on 1/8/06 and am very happy so far with the progress I am making. I have a WI tomorrow and I am excited! I dont have the problems with cravings that alot of people that I read do. My worst thing was going from Pepsi to Diet Pepsi . Otherwise I am doing pretty well! It is nice to have found this place and I look forward to coming here often.

thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:13 PM   #849  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Hi everyone Had a crazy busy day and should be working but wanted to pop in.

I spoke to my COD today and they did a follow up with the dieticians regarding my plan switch. I continue to be disappointed with my progess with my goal here at LAWL and they seem to think I should change my goal back to 130. I never officially changed it from 135, but had told them I wanted to shoot for "as low as I could go". Yes, I realise I have real issues with achievement and overachievement...I should be happy with my results but do not feel satisfied, as if to say, "Ive gone this far, why cant I go as low as I can"? When I heard the COD tell me 124 was the lowest I could go, my vision of what my goal should be changed. She told me now, that that number she quoted me was a legal limit,not to be confused with an ideal weight. With whatever bone structure or muscle mass difference I have as all humans do, its not a great idea to hold myself to this number.

I do feel good about my acheivement in the large perspective but for me, its always a case of not good enough, I could do better if I try harder. Anyway, I am changing my ticker goal since I only have 4 weeks left and who knows if I will ever even break where I am at. I am so tempted to get back into the TO cycle but am resisting that HARD. This program is supposed to work on its own.

And then, just when I am all psyched, (I got a jacket from Victorias Secret and had to reorder in an XS -who'd ever know id be in THAT predicament), then I get my Old Navy shipment and I look AWFUL in everything...sincerely, the kind of awful like bulging out in the wrong places awful. I know all stores are different and just cos I wore Gap 2's today and the Old Navy capris in a 4 were very tight on my tush doesnt mean squat in the real world. I wouldve thought if I had done so well with my loss, a flippin t-shirt would look better on me, y'know? How tiny do I have to be to look good in an Old Navy Medium fitted t?! You'd have to be freakin anorexic, LOL! My DH is out of town and my girlfriend is sick of hearing this, thats why I am venting..I know it sounds silly.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I took the kids out to dinner tonight and we were talking about LAWL..wouldnt it be awesome if they provided a REAL counselor along with nutritional advice? I mean, doesnt everyone who has a weight problem have some sort of baggage to work out?

It seems as the layers of fat peel away, the issues re-emerge, like for me, the compulsion to be "perfect" - I think they should have people there to address the psychological issues that are partners to the physical issues of weight, now that would be something!

It also seems to us like 2X/wk would be a better COD requirement as the pressure and stress of 3X/wk seems like so much. Its the best thing and worst thing about the center for me. Ahhhhh..ok, done here, Ill catch you all tomorrow, after the dreaded WI of course, LOL!!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:15 PM   #850  

Default anyone know this ladies username??

she lost some weight on LAWL then found out she was pregnat with baby #3 and now is starting back with LAWL after the birth of her third baby??

I would love to send her a message...in the journal area she goes by
onefatmomma but i tried to send her a personal msg. under that name and was unable to
THanks JAMIE
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #851  

Hey Deets,
I was glad to see your post. Your honesty is appreciated. I can sort of relate because a couple of yrs. ago I reached my goal, and I still wasn't perfectly happy with my "bod" I probably really needed to work out and tone everything, but with 3 kids, I barely have time to get makeup on...Going to the "gym" to tone sounds impossible. I guess movie stars have nannys for their kids or don't have kids and then they spend tons of time working on their bodies...Oh well, rambling....,but the stupid thing I did was after reaching my goal, I slipped into old habits and let 15 lbs. come find me.

I agree with every thing you said about the baggage that goes along with weight loss and body image.
You're one wise chick...
I've enjoyed your recipes and menu ideas....got any more you'd like to share?
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:41 PM   #852  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah AU mom
Hey Deets,
I was glad to see your post. Your honesty is appreciated. I can sort of relate because a couple of yrs. ago I reached my goal, and I still wasn't perfectly happy with my "bod" I probably really needed to work out and tone everything, but with 3 kids, I barely have time to get makeup on...Going to the "gym" to tone sounds impossible. I guess movie stars have nannys for their kids or don't have kids and then they spend tons of time working on their bodies...Oh well, rambling....,but the stupid thing I did was after reaching my goal, I slipped into old habits and let 15 lbs. come find me.

I agree with every thing you said about the baggage that goes along with weight loss and body image.
You're one wise chick...
I've enjoyed your recipes and menu ideas....got any more you'd like to share?
aw, thanks! Ill try and think of some...and yes, 3 kids DOES wreak havoc, LOL!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:54 PM   #853  
banned

So were you 135 at goal, then gained the 15? thats also my nightmare...I think thats why I want to shoot so low to cushion me, maybe? I dunno..I should go to bed, 6:30 am comes around pretty fast, LOL!
Old 01-18-2006, 01:58 AM   #854  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Deets, . I totally agree about the baggage. In your quest to decide where you want your goal weight to be, ask youself this question: If you and your best friend were role reversed, and she was battling with body image, striving for perfection, and frustrated, what would you tell her? Sometimes we are much more kind to those we love than ourselves. I do feel for you on this one. We are here for you! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:11 AM   #855  

Don't go super low which can be to hard to maintain...give yourself a 5 pound variance....for misc things that happen lol....It is hard to pick that weight...but you can do it and then you need to work on accepting your new body which is hard...we tend to still see ourselves as fat when we are not....So many things determine weight and goal weights vary for everyone...but pickone that you can maintain and live with! Good luck! You can do it
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote