Old 11-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #76  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I am, and am wondering if I really should be...they never give me a clear answer when I ask
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #77  
banned

Shennie - how are you doing off TO now? I gained .8 yesterday and am NOT excited to WI tomorrow...
Old 11-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #78  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

Julie - I never did say did I? Well, I was a vampire in a long black dress with the flowy, creepy arms. I had on vampire claw gloves, and had my face, neck and chest painted all white, with the hollowed out cheeks and fangs and fake blood and everything. I didn't put in the contact lenses DH got for me because I am afraid of those. I scared my share of the kiddies too, although most of them were okay when I took out the teeth and spoke to them in my normal voice. What a blast. I will be the same thing next year too. It was so awesome.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #79  

Shennie-be careful with the laxatives. Some have large amounts of sugar and sodium. And a lot of them are sodium picosulfate or sodium phosphate based. Might want to steer clear of those and opt for a magnesium type. Just my 2cents!
Rosterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #80  

I was put on blue because they thought I worked shift work. I mentioned in my consultation that I was a group home manager and that I often work allot of hours that range anytime from 8 in the morning to 9/10 at night, but I never said I was a shift worker. Plus I was just telling them that that is how I think I gained most of my weight because I would be too busy to remember to eat and then when I did remember it would be on the way home and I would just get fast-food. However, I also mentioned that I had just started a new job that was 9-5 and I sat most of the day.

Anyhow I asked a few times to be moved to gold and they told me to work out more, because I said I worked out a few days a week when I started. When I finally changed centers this is when I found out why I was really put on the blue plan (because they thought I was a shift worker) until then I though they did it because I said I did cardio a few days a week.

So I would find out for sure why you are on it and then decide if you think that is a good choice, because I think that the reason I lost my 2lb average was because I was sitting down at a job for 8 hours a day adding in an extra starch and 1/2 protein for no reason.

I was fine when I weighed in yesterday, even went down a little more, but I didn't weigh today because I was scared after my margarita last night One thing a counselor suggested to me when doing TO is to keep eating small (although very small now) meals 3-4 hours apart so that your body will still be on the same schedule, because if you starve yourself for 2 days when your body finally gets the food back it's going to hold on to it because its not sure if you will starve it again.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 236/216.5/165

Height: 5'8

Good Morning,
I finished my take off and am now starting on program. I see you all talking about "Program Colors"??? I meet again on Saturday for my second visit after joining. I guess I better spend some time deciphering this thing and trying to fit my family in on it. Have an awesome day everyone!
jlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:12 AM   #82  
banned

which plan would I go to and would it be more or less food? I am a mom of three, constantly on the go but also maintain my own home business and I do cardio 2-3 times per week for over an hour each time. Im not sure whether I am on the wrong plan or just getting resistant cos I am near goal..or maybe I am just too hard on myself...
Old 11-03-2005, 11:18 AM   #83  

Deets~ i would say talk to the counselors and see what they say. You seem to have done good on Blue, so it can work for you and like eveyone says that last 10 pounds are the hardest.
With gold I lost 1 starch and 1/2 protein from blue.
I am not sure when green starts, but i think it somewhere around the 130's, someone else might know that answer and i son't know what that plan eats.
the thing is that you don't want to eat so little that your don't loose, and runnign after 3 kids is hard work.
With shift workers they use blue because each day your body is having a new "plan" and you need the extra calories because you might work overnigths for two days, get 5 hours of sleep and be back to the day shift, so you are constantly changing.
Do you have a counselor that you trust that might be able to help you. also ask them why they put you on blue?

Last edited by shennie_97; 11-03-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:21 AM   #84  
banned

I did and she said due to the amount of exercise I have been doing- which I dont really see as all that much. Ill ask again tomorrow though.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:24 AM   #85  

Jlynn~ your program color is basically the color of your diary. It is the simple way that LAWL designated what your portion size and amounts will be. It is typically based on your weight (when you loose you sometimes go down to a different color/plan..depnding on your goal) but it also takes into account exercisse, nursing, work schedule and if you are a teen, amongst other things. What color are you on?

roster~ i wish I would have read your post a few minutes earlier, my co-worker gave me the pill form of ex-lax. she oesn't have the box with her, so i am going to look it up on line and see what it says. I knew the chocolate form would have sugar, but I didn't think about the sodium. Thanks though, hopefully, I didn't do myself in. (and now that I think about it, hopefully, it won't work until i get home )

Ok looked it up, it says:

Active Ingredients: (in each pill): Sennosides, USP (25 mg - Stimulant laxative)

Inactive Ingredients: Acacia, Alginic Acid, Carnuba Wax, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, FD&C Blue 1 Aluminum Lake, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Povidone, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Starch, Stearic Acid, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide

does this means I am going to blow up?

PS I am soo glad the evil pumpkins are gone.

Last edited by shennie_97; 11-03-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #86  

i must be grumpy this morning, im reading over all these postings and think "i am so glad i have my center" theey are not about selling, and they are so nice with the exeption of 3 people and they now know when i come in not to even bother grabbing my file.

i cant find the post about the laxitive- but to the chicks who is considering it. DONT!! i have used them in the pst and now i regret it cause my system got use to it and i wouldnt go without one. I have suggested the bake apple, and i think it has worked for some and some have rather enjoyed it. i know its on of my favorites. what about going to a health store and asking them for something natural. if you get something natural it will have less affect on your body, and no sugar or sodium. Also increase our efas to 6(ask your center first). Or i know this might sound groose but try pruns. You might have tried all of this advice already but if not here some new ideas fo you.

I think im cranky today cause its m dauhters first b-day and i can thave cake( on take off).

deetsmom- i will have my egg whites with a eglish muffin and hot sauce. and if i want to get creative i will even have a couple slices of sliced turkey meat and use it as a egg mcmuffin. i use to have my starchs threw outthe day, then i stooped losing, so now i have them done by 2pm at the latest. but be carefull with the types of starches you use, dont have too many breads, if you have a eglis muffin, try to have rice or maybe melaba toast, or grahm crackers the next time.

okay time to go anddecarate the house for amelias party Crap, i just rembered i havnt even gotten her a present yet

angel
truecanadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #87  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi All,
It is good to hear that so many of you are losing!! I have been battling a bad cough for over a week now, and it has really gotten bad. I coughed so much last night that DH got up and got out some other medicine and made me take it as well as what I had already taken. I finally had to use my inhaler this morning because I started wheezing and couldn't breathe. I can't afford to go to the Doctor, but if this keeps up, I might have to anyway. It is also TOM, so I guess that just adds to my misery. Sorry to be such a downer. Hopefully I will feel a lot better soon. In the meantime, I am just staying OP and drinking my water and tea. BTW, if you like the baked apples, try a baked pear. A whole counts as two fruits, and really good!! Have a great day all, Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:11 PM   #88  

Hi all! Sounds like everyone has pretty much stayed on track over the "feast" holiday. Our anniversary is on Halloween and we went out for dinner. I did pretty good until they told us that we got a free dessert to help us celebrate. I chose chocolate cake because it is my least favorite and had them box it to go, hoping I would forget about it by the time I got home. No such luck! I ate (from the small wedge side) about 6 bites, set it on the table by my chair and hubby polished off all but two bites of it which I ate. Thankfully he had eaten all the frosting!

So because I was already guilty about the cake, I didn't eat any candy (that night ) but the next night I got into it and ate about 10 little toffee rolls before I put it into a Ziploc bag and put it away. So the next morning I went to weigh in and had lost 2.8 pounds! I just never know what will cause me to gain or lose. When I was perfectly on plan over the weekend (I usually don't get all my food in during the weekend) I gained! Go figure!

Congratulations, Sarah! What thrilling news!

Hi to all the rest of you and keep up the good work!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:35 PM   #89  

Somebody mentioned the green plan earlier. They started me on it at 132lbs, but she gal at the center said that they usually start you on it when you only have ten pounds left to lose. Its 2P, 2S, 2V, 2F, 1F, 1D, 2 Lites. I miss that extra veggie!

Question: In our cookbook they use that Herbox stuff..cant seem to find it...do you all just use the LS broths from the grocery store? I've been craving soup and need some ideas!

Mary-is your 99cent store also a regular grocery store? we dont have any items like watermelon at our $1 stores????
Rosterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 236/216.5/165

Height: 5'8

Shennie,
The book is purple, and what I gather from the posts is the servings change as you progress. I really need to go get more fruit....this will be good for my kids. My 5yr old about ate all of my broccoli, so had to cut more! Shock of all! I am curious about the baked apple??? Have a great evening everyone! All of the tickers are really inspiring--you guys are all doing great.
jlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote