Old 11-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 236/216.5/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks Katie. I will check out the website. I am frantic trying to find some personal pics (we just moved and are living out of boxes). Their Ward is wonderful, and our churches support our youth back and forth which is so cool. Off to the website AND my lemon water.
jlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #182  

MetalChic~I am so with you on the Credit Cards. I have also taken a part time job to buy with cash.

Shennie~I took your advice and told them that I was going to buy the bars elsewhere, and they said that I shouldn't because I don't know how long they have had them. So how do I put the lunas on my diary w/o them asking so many questions? I don't really have to eat them, but they do help with a chocolate/crunchy craving.
TSheler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #183  

Andi: I congratulate you for taking your daughter to LAWL with you. That’s a very big step for a Mom, and lots of responsibility (encouragement, making light of food choices, planning OP meals, encouragement, suggestions, listening, encouragement etc…). Most Moms don’t ever see their children as fat, or overweight. I find it hard to believe, but it’s very true in my family and it’s really too bad more Mom’s are not like you. So, you deserve a big pat on the back for taking the first step in that area. If you keep a positive attitude I’m sure it will rub off on your daughter. There are many food pushers out there too, so maybe your daughter shouldn’t mention to anyone (‘friends”) that she’s on a ‘diet’, seems to work better for me if no one knows. Then I’m not the center of attention or center of food focus, know what I mean? Good luck to both of you!

Deets: Man, do I hear you and share in your frustration! I was the same way since the beginning of the year, but I’m not giving up. And, I can tell you won’t either. I have had many successful situations like your weekend, I don’t binge, and all the effort hasn’t paid off - I’m stuck between 5-13 lbs to get to goal. Hopefully, something will click and turn both of our efforts into weightloss again.

Julie: How did you make out a WI?

Shennie: How tall are you? Are you close to goal? I can’t remember how tall you are, but your stats are similar to mine.

JLynn: Can’t remember who the scrapbook person was on this board, for some reason I’m thinking it’s either Regina or Mitchypoo? I think Regina is the knitter, so maybe it is Mitchy?
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:25 PM   #184  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I have just been reading over the last couple of days posts and I can see that we all really need a pick me up. Not that I have a lot of knowledge to share, but I will say this:
We are all working very hard to do a really good thing for ourselves. We all occasionally cheat. We all totally deserve to be weight that we want to be, and be comfortable in our skin. I am motivated and spurred on daily by you wonderful ladies and your posts, whether it is is encouragement, trails, or chatter. I would guess that all of us will be smaller this Christmas than we were last Christmas. That is achievment. If you cheat on your diet and feel guilty, think about how you would have eaten in that situation before LAWL. Chances are, you will answer, a lot worse than I did this time. Don't give up!! We all have bumps in the road, but we all get up, dust ourselves off, and keep going.

Okay, off my soap box. I know that we all need lifted up sometimes. I am finally going to get back to exercise today, since I have been coughing I have not been doing it.

About the hypnosis CD- My sis has had a hard time burning it. I am hoping to get it from her on Tuesday, and mail on Wed. Sorry for the big delay.

Hope that all is well. Have a great POP day everybody!! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #185  

all I can say is AAARG - I was up to 187.2 today - hard to believe that one chinese meal can hold on to that much water. . . I've been fluctating between 186 and 188 for about 3 weeks, and trust me I have not been that off plan (Deets, we may be twins. . )

So the counselor said - if it doesn't change this week, they'd fax my journal to the nutrionist for advice - she gave me the standard advice - try to keep my fruits and starches before dinner, drink the water, etc. . . all the stuff I've been doing. . .

So should be fairly clean this week - except for dinner out tomorrow - but I think I can handle that okay . .

Karen and Tiffany- what kind of PT job (I may be on line for one, too)?

Katie - thanks for the pep talk -- it is so true that I'm thinner this November than last November - and I'll be thinner still by this time next year. .

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #186  

Height: 5' 4"

Julie, I got a pt job as a cashier at Target.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:58 PM   #187  

My p/t job is as a cashier @ Arby's. Being around all that grease and coming home smelling like it sure has helped me not to want to eat it.
TSheler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #188  

Tiffany, I can totally relate to the smell issue. My first public job was at McDs, and I could not eat their food while I worked there. It took me a long time after to even eat it again. I was pregnant at the time too so that place really grossed me out.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:36 PM   #189  

Sy~ I'm 5'6". My goal currently at the center is actually 155, but I am going to buy more weeks and try to go for 145. I was soo scared i couldn't make goal when i started that i did a bigger number. I really don't think I can be "skinny, skinny" and look right, so I am not going to tell them the 145, I am going to change to 150 and then when i get close to that i will see if I want the 145. And then again i might see 150 and say that's it. Once I get into the actual range for my weight, i am more concerned about toning and tightening up "loose" ends than the pounds. I would love to get back to a size 7/8 and i think I was around 145-150 when I useto wear that size (back in junior high )
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #190  

Tiffany and Karen - my first W2 (real paycheck) job was at McDonalds - I swore I'd never do it again - Tiffany - I admire you -- Karen - I've also done the cashier thing. . Will you get a discount?

Julie
Old 11-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #191  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

I am sorry to see all the long faces out here today. But it is great to see that there is no shortage of encouragement, per usual.

The weekend went so-so for me. I went to a birthday party on Saturday night with my DM for a lady who is dying of cancer. It was a happy/sad occasion, if you get my drift. Issues like that tend to put things into the right perspective. Things may not be going our way, but boy are we blessed just the same.

That said, I'd like to thank each and everyone of you that has ever uttered a reassuring word in my direction, or anyone else's for that matter. About the gains, stalls, issues with the plan, I think you all are doing great. You all have inspired me to pick myself up and get back on plan in a way that I haven't been since I started the program.

And now for a LAWL commercial moment..."If I can do it, ANYONE can!..." Ok, ok, that was probably a bad quote, becuz I know I want to shoot the skinny heiffers from the commercials, cuz they LIE! Still, we are all still here, still thinner than when we started out, and that has to count for something. Onward ladies!

P.S. I've got 40 oz down, how about you?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:05 PM   #192  

Julie: yes, I get a 10% discount on everything (advertised, clearance, food, prescriptions, etc.). The discount will also help out on the cost of those Christmas gifts.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #193  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

I just got back from my PSV. It was supposed to be tomorrow, but I called this morning as I wanted to meet the counsellor I signed up with - she is also one of the assistant managers at the location I go to. I feel much better about the program again. She is extremely positive and upfront about things.

I found out how to count popcorn. 1/2 cup kernals = 4 oz = 1 S. I think that is a lot of popcorn for a starch! I am sticking with the Lites - she was straight with me and gave me options A, B and C (cheapest option being more than $900) and then said I could buy is smaller bulks as well. The options were 20 for $14.99/box; 40 for $13,99 or 60 for $12.99. I choose to buy 20 boxes for now and then can reassess at that point. I also bought 20 snacks for $27.

I should be set to go for the next 20 weeks - I am very positive about the program now as Marie indicated I could call her anytime I had questions. I was also down another 0.8 lbs, so that makes 1.8 since Thurs.

Thanks for all of the support. I am so looking forward to getting to know each of you better.
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #194  

I just finished working out in my sports bra and shorts in front of a mirror! It was quite a sight (thank goodness I was alone!) and really made me push myself harder. My upper body is fairly shaking from the heavy lifting I did and I feel quite proud of myself - if a little shaky and wore out!

DD was quite positive this morning about her program. She has a plan in place and can't wait until Saturday. I am praying that she really posts a great loss this week. It will be the best shot in the arm she can get.

Suzanne - I'm glad your PS visit went so well! I can totally relate to how you felt earlier. I believe you said you felt "sold to." So did I! In fact, I told my counselor (the one who signed me up) that instead of "Free to Live" they should call it "No Way to Live" I wasn't a happy camper - I was hungry. Of course, with my repulsion to the lites, they didn't offer me any options! Sometimes I think I didn't like the lites is because all I could think of with every bite was "this is $2 a bar!" and I had spent all I was going to spend!

Deetsmom & Julie - thanks so much for your kind words! All 3 of my children are truly wonderful kids. Each one has a heart for Christ and are truly kind children. Since my oldest DD has had this struggle for so long, I just want to make everything all better for her! I really do believe that this program will work for her and I'll be posting about her successes before too long!

Shennie - Lemon bars every day! You're a champ! I'll think of you as the chicken and lemon bar queen!

Mary - I hope your throat feels better. For some reason, I find eating soothing when my throat hurts - of course, ice cream is medicinal!

I made a crockpot dish with boneless beef short ribs (very lean, I cut off every speck of fat) and put onions and carrots, a few baby potatoes (which I'll weigh for myself and DD before serving - about 4 oz for a starch?) and some seasoning and beef broth. I'm going to serve that with some horseradish (is that legal?) cream (just horseradish and fat-free sour cream) and brown rice. I modified a WW recipe and I hope it works!!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #195  

Carmen - just wanted to say THANKS for putting this in perspective - I know that I'm doing the right things, it's just the *()(RU*_P)@(Q scale that's not coorporating the way I want to!

Suzanne - so glad that you found out about the popcorn too - and that things are more positive. Having a good counselor makes all the difference.

And Andi - what a difference a day makes, huh? By next April, all of us will have lost weight! BTW - horseradish is listed as 1 tbsp as a condiment -same with the ff sour cream - you can have my share of horseradish, okay? I HATE it.

Karen - my dad worked at Target for over 10 years in California -he retired from there, and still has his 10% discount. He tells me that each time I see him - I can get you 10% off for that --

Mary - fingers crossed for you. .

Julie