Old 11-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #16  

Hello ladies!!

Welcome to Jlynn! you're going to love it here. I just joined LAWL Friday. I love it so far. I did have a trial run the week before, so that's what made me join.

Congratulations to all the ladies who resisted the candy! For the rest of us(including me, because yeah, I ate some!, thank GOD that day is behind us right!? Now let's get back pop. With that said, I didn't eat much candy yesterday, but did have 2 tootsie pops, 2 min peppermint patties, and a few nachos with lean ground beef, and low fat cheese. TOday I have been pop except for the 4 small tootsie rolls I ate. I weigh in tomorrow so we'll what their scale does. I'm supposed to purchase the lites, but Im not going to. However, their caramel bars are good!

Mary,
Like Shennie said, pre-congratulations! Oh, when I got pg, I was 2 wks;and everyone knew. I guess because we did clomid the 1st time with my 1st daughter. It was a loooooooong pregnancy! People were more annoying. The 2nd time I waited until I was a couple of months, just to make the pg more peaceful, and go by faster! My sister doesn't tell anyone until she's 6 mos along, and that's only because that's when she starts showing! Me, I show at 3 mos, due to big babies! So again, congratulations in advance! You're real close to goal, so maybe we'll have a big announcement from you soon!!
slimdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:28 PM   #17  

Congrats to all who resisted the candy...or resisted mass quantities of it! Welcome to all the other new people, too. I'm brand new on here myself. I've been in lawl for 1 1/2 weeks and I'm down from 176 to 171.8 as of today. Now I just gotta figure out how to change my little ticker-thingy.
No problem with candy here...I hate the stuff, unless it's chocolate. I did grab an extra la lite bar yesterday, though!
Sallydallydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #18  

I must say veryone on here is buitifull. i have been on other sites and you all are the best so far!!!!! eveyone is so supportive of each other. i amlost get teary eyed. I was so bad yesterday, but i have done better today. i am retaining water from yesterday, but i thought i would do my loss tracker before i get weighted in.

truecanadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:52 PM   #19  

New here. I've actually been lurking since I started late in September, but just finally got around to posting. I joined with my mom and we have been pushn each other! I have lost about 13lbs and until now have been very frustrated...didnt seem to see a change in my body. But...late last week I started to feel "thinner" and tried on some smaller sized clothes that were lonely in the back of the closet...and they fit! Looks like I may have a new/old wardrobe this fall/winter! Just checked out ebay for some smaller, transitional, pants! Very exciting! Just wanted to say hi and that I really have looked forward to reading all of your posts everyday..it has kept me going!
Rosterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:29 PM   #20  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi All, It seems weird around here without Star. I am really pushing the water today, trying to wash out the candy and CC meal yesterday. Kudos to all of you who resisted. I really lookup to you girls!!

Jlynn- I agree with Shennie on planning your food. That does really help. Also, find a way to help you keep track of your waters. Sometimes if I am not sure I am getting them all in I put 8 pennies in my right pocket, and move on over every time I drink a glass. Otherwise, water bottles, mugs, or jugs help to keep an accurate measurement. I truly believe that plenty of water is one of the keys to your success.

Sally- Wow, you have had a great loss already. That is so exciting!!

Roster- It is nice to see so many ladies pushing towards their thinner selves. Don't just lurk! We all motivate each other, and everyone has something to share.

Mary- I cannot keep a secret. I always tell my fam as soon as I know. My mom and sisters would kill me if I didn't. BTW, your berry dessert sounds sooo good. Glad grocery day is coming up soon.

Kisha- I did Clomid with my first too, but it still took me 6 months after I quit taking it. After I conceived my first, I couldn't seem to stop getting pregnant, and had 3 babies in 3 years.

Angela- Way to get back on the wagon today!!

I'm off to eat my baked apple. You chicks have me hooked! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #21  

Default I neep help.

I went to my program explanation yesterday and am totally lost. I was told that this is very easy, but trying to plan a menu with such limitations is quite difficult. I am on the purple plan. Where can I find one of their cookbooks, and are there other bars you can buy instead of LA Lites? I saw the sample menus in the book they gave me, but my family won't eat some of those (I don't want to be a short order cook). I really want to succeed at this and would love some help. Thank you.
TSheler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:01 PM   #22  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Tiffany, It really will be easy when you get the hang of it. You can get the LA Cookbook on ebay. Also, a lot of people use Luna bars instead of the lites. Personally, I don't use the bars at all. Remember to use butter spray or Pam for cooking instead of fat. Start buying skim milk, at least for yourself. Use fresh or frozen fruits and veggies. Some easy suggestions, make spaghetti for the fam, measure out your meat and noddles, put in a dish, and add a tiny bit of sauce. It is a lot of meat with a little pasta and sauce, opposite of what we are used to. Then you can mix the family meal together. Make tacos the same way, but only use 1/2 of the seasoning packet to cut a lot of sodium. I also love to make chicken salad sandwiches for all of us. I put 1 teaspoon of mayo, a squirt of mustard, a whole stalk of celery, and chicken breast (grilled on my George Foreman) in the food processor. In 3 seconds you are done. Buy the Kangaroo brand pre-split pita pockets to stuuf the chicken salad in. Sooo good. Then I make the family's chicken salad the same way, but with more mayo, and they get bread. Anyway, just start cooking what you can, and the ideas will start coming to you. Don't feel bad about making everyone switch over to low fat dressings, snacks, milk, cheese, sour cream, etc. You are in charge of the kitchen, and they will deal. After all, it never hurts to put some healthy into the whole family!! Good luck, and ask away. We have all been where you are. Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:17 PM   #23  

Oh my goodness, Katie, thanks for posting the tip about the spaghetti, and especially the tacos! Those are one of our favorites. Now what about homemade chicken parmegian with fat free mozzarelli, marinara sauce,boneless skinless breast, and the breading being from shake and bake original chicken! I tried to give exact details, but I made that tonight, and left 2 bare for me. I sooooooo want a small piece, of that chicken. Just a tiny piece! I'm trying to eat light though, and trying to figure out what in the world I'm wearing tomorrow to wi!

Welcome again to all the newbies! I bought the cookbook for $20 on ebay.

Quick question for those who did the bars. Are they really worth it? I've tried the luna bar, and the la lite bar. I must say I like the caramel lite bar better. The lites don't have the calories, or anything posted on it. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth getting, because I get a discount to buy them in bulk at tomorrow's success visit. I can handle the soy, just need to boost the fiber, I guess, if you know what i mean!

Mary,
I love what you said about going with the flow! I hear ya. Besides, with you doing all this talk about babies, is sorta making my clock tick loudly! I said sorta though! So, you can go first, and we'll all just be the aunties!

Well, let me go and LOOk at this chicken, until somebody says I can atleast taste it!!!
slimdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:56 PM   #24  

hi Kisha,

i dont know if the lites really work or not. but i use them twice a day. i sometimes find that if i just use the bars, its to much chocalate, but the same goes that if i dont use a bar once a day i get craving for choclate. i try to have 1 bar a day and then eithe have the soup or the hot chocalate. i have used the soups as a sauce and it has been yummy. it took me awhile to figure out how to cook the soups so that they are not lumpy. i also enjoy the jet start. i use to drink tim hortons french vanilla, but cant have it now so i have replaed with the jet start. The almond biscotti is really yummy( i have it when i am craving something sweet and cruchy like a cookie). the replace a meals are good to but you have to watch them carefull cause they do have more sugar in them and everyones body acts diffrently to them. some people can only have 3 a week othes can have them everyday. i personal have them on my fright days!!

Cooking can be hard especially with a family. we are a family of 6, and my husband can eat everything he wnts and not gain a pound!! i swear he eats a loaf of bread a day!! you will learn to addapt. for example tonight im cooking pork chops with rice and veggies and mushroom soup. so i will have my pork chop(protien) my one third cup rice(starch) and veggies( veggies) and use my la lite mushroom soup as a sauce.

okay thats it for me i need to go pee and find out what damage i did yesterday to my weight by getting into the candy.

have a great evening
ange
Old 11-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #25  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

OMG, that is hysterical!!! What did you do?!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:53 PM   #26  

It was truth time tonight!! I went up. not suprising. But i start my take off tommorow(i do it every two weeks), so i need to lose 3.4 lbs by saurday. I have little rewards set for every5 lbs, and my 20 lbd mark is a new outfit, and athough i have 3.4 to go before tat goal is reached, i bought them tonight. Im not allowed to wear them until i get the 20lb mark. I have threwn out all my sweat pants, and these ones that i bought tonight are alittle tight, but this way im not wasting my money and maybe alittle extra encouragement.

November goal weight

Old 11-01-2005, 11:21 PM   #27  

Kisha, I know you hate the thought of it, but try Melba toast, like Mary said. Crush it up into bread crumbs then add you seasonings to the bread crumbs...works the same way and tastes great to me. That is one thing i might keep doing after program.

Welcome to everyone and for the newbies looking ofr cooking ideas, look at what you currently eat and see if you can cahnge soem parts of it to make it on plan. You will be surprised how weel you cna cook without fat and butter or how good oven fired foods can taste (with melba toast). Also like Mary said make your own spice mixes. I looked at the ingredients for my taco mixes and marinades and made them on my own witht he same things basically and then added lite salt and if needed splenda for the sugar and salt. Yes, it wil take alittle work at the beginning and might take a while to get used to, but just keep trying.

Just look at the recipe for what you like and see what is not OP in it and then see if you can still make it without those things or if you can substitute something else for it.
I have the cookbook, but rarely use it. If there is something specific you can't live without, maybe ask here and someone might have an OP version to share, plus check out the recipe thread and mix and match.

Andi~ are you out there, we haven't heard from you in a while?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #28  

Morning, chicks!

I went to WI yesterday, and was at 186.6 - so just about the same. . . Maybe that thai noodle salad affected me more than I expected? The counselor reviewed my diary, noticed that I was eating a variety of foods, suggested that I switch my breakfast lite for my mid am snack -- the problem is I really don't want fruit and yogurt first thing in the AM. (and I'm out of apples, and I feel sorry for myself)

But did well yesterday, even with eating out - had a grilled chicken salad with some sort of lime dressing on the side - from Baja Fresh - it was good -my friend had prepared fresh fruit salad - which was very good, so had that for fruit - she also had wheat thins, and cashews (not unsalted, but still only had 10) and then for dinner, I had a grilled tuna steak salad - so today back to home food, and lots of water.

The taste test for the new lites in this week, too - but I don't think I'll go in until Friday since I'll be out tomorrow helping my DM with something..

Welcome to Jlynn, Rosterhome! Roster -how cool is it that you're DM has joined you.

Tiffany - it IS difficult to shift the eating around to the LAWL way - what are some of the things that your family likes to eat? Maybe we can help with some specifics. The suggestion of cooking the same stuff, but fixing your portions separate is really good -- You are doing something really good for your family to shift the food focus to a more healthy way of eating.

Mary - BTW, spag squash is listed under summer squash in the new guide. . . looking for some 'news' for you soon --

Kisha - if you don't buy the lites, they will move you to a plan with more food . . and if you don't do the lites, you will have to figure out sweet treats out of the basic food portions. Not impossible - and FF ice cream is OP if you like that. However, if you do the lites, you can sub other protein bars between 180 -220 cals for a lite - and just check off lite in your diary. . The nutrion info for the lites are on the side of the box - they are about 160-190 cals each. The shakes and hot drinks are closer to 60 cals.

Hey to all the other chicks!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:22 AM   #29  

Rosterhome, Jlynn1, Sally and Tiffany! Welcome to the boards.

Tiffany: I think Repro gave you great advise. As far as cooking for you and family - here is what I do. If I'm cooking chicken breast for me, I cook enough to last a couple days. I use it for lunch and/or dinner, depends. Last night I purchased 99% FF ground turkey and made turkey taco salad. I use my own blend of spices like Mary - but I add a packet of Splenda, some LS chicken broth and 2 T spoons of tomato paste to make the sauce stick to my lettuce. Sometimes I have it with FF sour cream or salsa. Yum! Oh, I added some fresh garlic, onions and green peppers to it too. I count the tomato paste, onions and green peppers as 1 V.

CanAngle: Hang in there. We all have slip ups, and you're back POP is all that matters.

SkinnyMom: Proud of you for not giving in to the Halloween Candy.

MarBear: What's with the trick-or-treaters a day late? LOL!

Julie: How was your day yesterday? Did you manage to stay OP while dining out for lunch and possibly dinner?

Star: Girl, we are thinking of you. Miss you! Hope all is well and your following the doctor's orders.

Hey, at my center - today's the preview of the new LA Lites. I'll post my comments later or tomorrow. Can't wait to try the coconut/almond.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:37 AM   #30  

good morning eveyone.

What is this about new lites??? my center hasnt mentioned anything about them. i know the plan for the states is diffrent then ours up north here, but we should at least ge the same lites.

day 1 of take off

JULIE- i hit a platue awhile ago, and my couseler told me to try 3/4 cup of egg whites and 1 cup mixed berries (seprte not mixed together, that would be hard to swallow) for breakfast and then a la lite 1 hour afterwards and it worked very well or me. I have been on so many diets that my body gets use to everything reallly fast, so i am always changing my plan around. the egg whites are also a good thing tp do if you have had to many stachs. you can add ketchup or my favorite hotsauce for taste. i hope this helps.

have a great day !!!!

angel