Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #136  

Height: 5'7"

ChinaMaine Always a crosspost, eh?

I think you should give yourself credit that you talked yourself into exercise. It does happen to us all, and you got it done! Good to see your fatigue levels are back down to manageable levels.

Anne
Old 05-19-2009, 12:48 AM   #137  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Well, I feel like crap having to admit all this to you guys, but I think one of the ways I'll be getting "back on track" is admitting to.. well, my support group that I've messed up.

I binged today. It wasn't a super duper zomg horrible binge that I've been through, and I can still walk without feeling sick but I know I just intook a lot of sugar and calories that will defiantly put me back a little. I had lots and lots of cake, a little bit of chips, a slice of cinnamon bread, and pizza. It all started with the pizza yesterday, because I knew that I'd be going "off the plan" of my goal of eating clean by allowing myself to eat pizza, but I figured that it would be okay since I could fit it in with my calories, and today I deliberatly "allowed" myself to eat extra pizza since I had the extra calories to spend, but I guess that somehow translated into "free-for-all" considering I didn't get an intense workout today to balance it out.

It feels like I acted too quickly on my impulses and didn't even listen to any negative thoughts while I was having them, I felt like I wasn't even thinking while I was doing it. Auto-pilot, as they would call it. I'm not giving up, but the general shame of having to admit this to a bunch of people I don't know very well will defiantly keep me on track for awhile.

I gotta try harder for me! I don't have a choice, my health isn't an option and binging takes a toll on my physical and mental health. XP I will defiantly be back on track tomorrow. Guh I feel gross. I'm just glad I learned something from this small set-back, though.

A little question for you guys though: I know there's a section in the book for Food-pushers, and my dad is kind of a food pusher. Being a minor, I live under his rule right now. I'm afraid to reject any food from him because he accuses me of having bulimia or anorexia since I don't really eat with the family (the way they eat drives me nuts!!) and I generally eat smaller, frequent meals then he does. Which is mostly why I decided to try to budget in the pizza. However, "pizza" does not fit within my goals of clean eating at all. The book doesn't really give me much advice to deal with people who can really make your life **** if you don't accept food... Any advice or tips on this one?

I hope you all are doing better then I am. <3
Old 05-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #138  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Lunch was served at a noontime meeting - sandwiches wrapped in huge flour tortillas. Off the top of my head, I remembered that those contain a zillion more calories than one would think. Not a problem, I just took a fork and ate the insides, including some good salad stuff. CREDIT moi. (I still missed the lunch I'd have made for myself; Oh Well.)

maryblu - Happy Syttende Mai (a day late).

hmmmm... You sorta take pride in your accuracy in predicting ice out, but it seems the loons are pretty good at it also. So, you're smart like a loon, LOL.

Robin (RobinW) - Ouch for "I still need to get tonnes done!"

I think I see the problem. It's the "tonnes." You take so much time typing all those unnecessary letters that your day is shorter, LOL. Think of how much time you'd have if you put the color back in colour and only had a ton of work to do.

Hope this helps.

Anne (wndranne) - Kudos for getting yourself straight to a chiropractor; no grass grows under your feet. Wish you speedy healing.

Yay for the lack of interest in eating; you gotta convert that into a pound or two before it returns, LOL.

Thanks for the reminder about complacency. I've experienced that even in little ways. For example, I noticed that the jar of granola that lasts me two weeks was empty two days early - meaning that I've let my portion grow ever so slightly. Not a big deal, but just a reminder that I'm capable of pushing my boundaries in every possible opportunity.

Tera (twilit tera) - Congrats on your 10th Anniversary!! May you have many more.

Kudos for tromping about in the stream letting the inner kid out. Water is sooooo meant to be played in.

Guarding my garden from your Genghis Grill raiders, LOL.

ChinaMaine - Yay for coming down from that fatigue peak. Ouch for the wavering resolve with exercise. I, too, have that problem with any period of skipped exercise; getting back on plan is like starting from scratch. Know you'll be able to do it.

Thanks for the link to 5 Islands Lobster. Going to a Maine lobster shack on the pier is indeed a quintessential Maine experience. I just love sitting next to a local family who bring a basket with their tablecloth, silverware, salad, milk and wine, and dessert.

bucket (bucketwithapurpose) - BIG Ouch for the extra food, particularly for losing the feeling of staying on plan. Kudos for coming right back here to make yourself accountable. You've got such a clear understanding that that's behind you and today you're just on plan.

Beck does have a section on food pushers in The Beck Diet Solution - don't have my copy right here, but her index is pretty good. That's a hard one when it's your father and you live at home, particularly for parents who still feel they are trying to help. Only suggestion from here is to make your eating plan visible; explain why you know it to be healthy and show that you're on it. That should go a long way, but it's still likely go be difficult. Good luck with that.

Readers -
Quote:
resistance technique 9
Do a negative fast-forward.
Imagine, in datail, how you will feel 10 minutes after eating the unplanned food. Visualize the situation: Will you feel weak and out of control? Disappointed with yourself? Nervous about getting back in control? Hopeless about ever losing weight? Discouraged that you have undermined your hard work? Remind yourself how many times you've given in before and how you felt afterward. Ask yourself, Will eating this unplanned food really be worth a few moments of pleasure?

The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 101
Old 05-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #139  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

WI: -1
Pain: 0/1/5
Activity: 4

Credits: calorie counting , building our new mattress , , staying focused on my to-do list , vitamins , shoes , C appointment

I've been doing so well lately that we've decided to cut my appointments with C down to 1/week. We're still doing frequent myofascial work at home, since she showed us how.

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon putting all the layers together in our new mattress. It's got a layer of stiff foam at the bottom and around the sides, an air mattress in the center, and memory foam over the top. We saved a bundle getting one with some assembly required and the comfort level is unbelievable! I was able to sleep comfortably no matter which way I rolled! Even onto the painful hip! Now the only thing waking me is my cat!

Robin: Varoooom! for pushing through the desire to sleep in and enlisting hubby's aid to get you exercising! Super for 100% OP!

ChinaMaine: for your OP day! for pushing through YOUR desire to skip exercise! Either approach is valid. There've been weekends at Mom's where I've eaten something I normally wouldn't, fully appreciating that there will be some work to get back to a more automated healthy response. Then when I start working my way back to "autopilot on plan" I find it's easier because I've already accepted the reality of having to do it.

OTOH, why work your way back to a strong resistance muscle if you can maintain it while away? Which approach would be easier for you?

Happy for you that fatigue is subsiding!

Anne: Hooray that you weren't struggling with food yesterday. Maybe it's the preoccupation with your back causing it? for getting to the chiropractor and I'm glad it did you some good. C will be tickled pink when I tell her that my account of our work inspired someone else to get help.

I've never had the automatic aversion to snakes that a lot of folks have. My mother has explained hers very well - she still remembers her mother taking a garden hoe to rattlesnakes in the back yard when she was a child.

I grew up in a nice cool zone, where nothing is all that poisonous or aggressive. I used to walk around barefoot and carry garter snakes around. They liked to wrap around my fingers for warmth.

Bucket: for admitting your binge to us. You only just got here, and you're already trusting your diet buddies with the whole truth - that's huge. It sounds to me like there were some triggers... something to do with either the situation, or the pizza, that signaled the binge. Where were you? What were you doing when this started? Now that you're back on track, perhaps it's a good time to write down a plan for coping with that situation, so that you have something already in place before facing it again. Most importantly, give yourself credit for getting right back on track!

Dealing with parents is difficult. And it's even more difficult for people who don't know your parents to give you advice for dealing with them. I was raised by my relatively sane mother, so I know Bill's plan would work with her. If your dad is relatively sane, it should work on him too.

Basically, involve him in your diet/exercise plan as much as possible. Show him what it is you're eating, how much and how often. Show him the materials you're using that support your current plan. Assure him that you are not going to become a rail, that you just want to get your body to a healthy weight range and stay there. Ask him to hold you accountable for getting in shape. The more information he has about your plans, the less worried for you I'm sure he'll be.

You say that your Dad could make life **** for you if you don't accept his food, but that means he could also become a really powerful ally, if you involve him in your plan.

Bill: for eating around the huge refined flour tortilla! through your responses to Robin and me. I just love the laughter I get out of your posts! You're so mirthy!

Last edited by twilit tera; 05-19-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Spring shout out

Beckies,

Continue to be soooooooo pumped about spring and so over being complacent about this extra fat. thanks for the reminders about complacency BillBE and Anne.

Bucket, we are going to get along fine. Your bucket joke is my kinda funny. My favorite of all time joke, well, at least my favorite joke suitable for all audiences is the one about the atoms walking out of the bar. You know it? I will bet you do. You're the same kinda crazy as me. I think BillBE had a great idea about showing your food plan to your family. Not only does it help you defend from food pushing, but it forces you to plan, write it down, etc..all the Beck steps that guarentee success. Plus..........you get a new set of diet coaches, accountability folk. Yes? Yes!! BillBE, I think that was one of your best!

I think controlling/stopping that autopilot see-food-eat-food mindless eating is one of the most important aspects of TBDS. "the thought comes first."
That is true enough; recognizing the thought and buying yourself enough time to make a conscious decision is the key to success. It is covered in Chapter 2, page 26. Just realized I need some kind of quick reference guide to the book.

As for the loon/ice out thang, BillBE, well......yes, the loons are infallible, and that's why I follow the loons......yassee, I am a "Loonie" as well as a Beckie. And anyone who knows me will second that emotion.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Cool Tuesday

I can't believe no one's posted in 12.5 hours. I hope everyone is okay out there!!
WI- down .75 lbs. Read my cards and made a plan. Food – op, Exercise – op. ho-hum…
Today was just a lovely day. It was 65 and sunny. We had orioles, rose breasted grosbeaks, hummingbirds, goldfinches, and nuthatches. Of course we also had a variety of squirrels horning in on the bird’s rightful food… At lunchtime I walked out to fill the feeders and waved to a couple of fisherman working our cove. This is why I feel blessed working from home.
Fatigue: 1 (1=Felt Great, 5=Extreme Fatigue)
NSV: I seem to forget my NSVs all the time, but they really as rewarding as the Scale Victories… I was able to buy ‘real’ size 16 pants before I went on my business trip. It gives me a huge feeling of success to be able to buy clothes that aren’t plus-sized. Yesterday, I noticed that the new jeans are quite loose, after only 10 days. (Well loose in the butt, my waist is always the last to loosen up in clothes.) If I have time before I leave for my Mom’s on Thursday, I want to try on some size 14s so I can see how much further I need to go… I didn’t think I’d be in 14s before fall, so this is quite nice to even think about.
Anne We do seem to be cross-posting quite a bit the last week or so. I’m glad the C helped your back and that you’re feeling better. I hope you can still do your race. Glad to hear you don’t have food fixation yesterday – do you usually? I hadn’t really caught that before. And Thanks, I do give myself credit for getting upstairs for the last 10 mins of exercise. It’s just a slippery slope once my giving-in muscle senses my weakness…

bucket (with a purpose) Give yourself tons of credit for posting. I know when I’ve been off-plan and I feel shame, I really don’t want to post. But until I do, I don’t get back op again. Of course, posting is one of the best ways I know to get back on plan, so I know it’s important to just do it. Maybe practice will make it easier, I haven’t been doing Beck long enough to know for sure.

Quote:
It feels like I acted too quickly on my impulses and didn't even listen to any negative thoughts while I was having them, I felt like I wasn't even thinking while I was doing it. Auto-pilot, as they would call it.
This is the toughest situation for me. So far I can only stop it when I realize ahead of time I’m going to be in a situation that’s problematic. If I make a specific plan for that kind of situation, it usually helps. I may not be exactly op, but for now I’m happy to just do better. 

Bill Kudos for skipping the tortilla. BTW - that family with the basket, tablecloth, margaritas, their own plates and real silverware, salt and pepper, just might be my hubbie and me. (If there’s dessert then it’s definitely not us!) If I see a van Gogh facsimile, I’ll wave and say ‘hi’.

Tera for being down weight-wise. Sorry your pain level is up a bit, but your activity level is still good – credit! I can see from your accomplishments that you are doing well, I’m so glad it means you can see the C a bit less. Wow – building a mattress – kudos!

Yeah – I’m not sure which approach is best for me. If I had wii everywhere, then it’d be a no brainer. But when I’m without the wii it seems more difficult to get in 45+ minutes a day. I don’t know if it’s ‘excuses’ on my part or valid shifts in priority. That said, I can just go into each trip saying I pay each day by finding 45 minutes for exercise or I pay when I get home in getting back into the groove…

Last edited by ChinaMaine; 05-19-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #142  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

blah! busy day!

op all the way!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #143  

Default White day

Well, almost. Chinamaine, your bird report prompted me to recall mine. On my travels today, which included a detour due to high water, yielded mostly white feathered friends.

Two Trumpeter Swans in a pond.......then, a flock of Pelicans swimming and zooming around on a lake, then, an Egret sitting at the edge of a pond. I was thinking all that was missing was a Sea Gull......and sure enough, Jonathan Livingston appeared. Life got a little more colorful once I got home with the appearance of several male American Redstarts and the wonderful, melodic, amazing Orioles.

Great evening gardening, balling the dawgs, and assessing winter kill damage. Apple trees OK, Creeping Phlox, not so much. Oh, well.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #144  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Thanks guys for your support. :3 Sure enough, I'm back on track again and feeling a lot better. I weighed myself today (which I usually don't do after binges because it used to really set a totally bad mood for the entire day) and... I'm 157. It's still under 158, where I was starting! Woohoo! This is a surprise, I was expecting my weight to go WABOOOM up to 160 due to water retention from all the sodium I inhaled.

In regards to my dad, we once had a fight about it earlier this year, and I gave him a list of how many calories I'm eating, links and resources to calculating the healthy amount of calories for a teenager, and what foods I would like to eat. I haven't heard any direct "your starving yourself!!" since then, BUT I do get passive-agressive remarks, and continued attempts to try and sabotage me the best he can with treats like chips, cookies, cakes, pizzas. If I tell him to stop buying it, he'll accuse me of being too extreme with my diet. I can avoid pizza by not making it in the first place, and emptying it into the trash or giving it to my brother when I'm done. That was my fault not my Dad's, but I feel he's a big part in my pressure/excuse to eat things I know I don't really want in my body. I can defiantly talk to my mom about this though, and I know she's really good at talking my dad into leaving me alone about this sort of thing.

Credit to me today for: getting back on track, doing a little extra cardio today with the extra energy I had stored, not freaking out and being irrational about my slip-up (rare for me!!)

ChinaMaine - Woohoo for new pant size!! Major kudos for that! The weather sounds awesome. Maybe you'll be slipping into size 14 shorts sometime before the summer is up? Either way, being able to fit into size 16 pants is a huge accomplishent!!

maryblu - Oh lord. I laughed at that joke once. Once! The second best joke ever is the tree joke. Have you heard it?
"Hey ask me if I'm a tree!"
"..... Are you a tree?"
"No."
"...."
You might burst into giggles after a minute of the "whatthecrapdidthatmean" stare. I did go back to the Beck book and review it all after the auto-pilot binging. I made response cards, and I think I need to start reading my Advantages card BEFORE dinner instead of after. ^__^ I freakin' love this book. I can probably read it 5 times and not at all find it boring or dull.

twilit tera - Careful! lol. The comfier the matress the easier it is to throw the alarm clock across the room and go back to bed in the morning! Kudos for sticking to your to-do list!! That's a toughie to do.

bill - I *love* doing that to burritos and wraps. The tortillas never taste as good as you'd think, and the inside is where the flavor is at (which the tortilla takes away.) Kudos for thinking to do that!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:21 PM   #145  

Coaches/Buddies Another on plan day. I seem to be doing mental planning this week, but as long as it's working, and I'm willing to start writing it down again if things get off track, I suppose that is OK. Some back pain today, but as of a couple of hours ago, I noticed it felt completely OK. Maybe something popped back? Still being careful, but hey, cool! Follow up with the chiro tomorrow.

Bucket I eat pizza about once a week. I eat a piece or two and try to pair it up with a big salad. It is also possible to do a healthier pizza. Many places will do whole wheat crust, extra sauce, easy on the cheese, and a mound of veggie toppings. Don't know if that would satisfy your dad, or you, but there is more than one way to do these things. Some work, and some don't.

Bill Nice work on skipping the tortilla. That is probably the least interesting part of the lunch anyway, right?

Tera Lots of dancing purple today. Good to see. Your new mattress sounds cool.

We grew up with lots of snakes, including lots of copperheads and water moccasins. Never much liked them, although I mostly just try to avoid them these days. At least the rattlers around here let you know, instead of the water moccasins, which would just come visit. Yikes.

maryblu Controlling the autopilot is a fantastic description of what I do CT for. If I can just get the stupids out of the decision making process I do fine, but if I don't work it, I'm always asking "Why did I do that?"

Sounds like your spring is shaping up!!

ChinaMaine Nice work on the 16s and hope the 14s work out for you too!

Yeah, food gets a lot of my attention. Trying to undo some old habits. They seem to last something like forever, and I'm wondering if my brain will ever get rewired. I'm always grateful that I don't seem to have normal caloric needs instead of those typical of the "reduced obese" (see the recent leptin discussion), but always shake my head in wonder as people say their cravings for junk subside. If only. Didn't work that way for me, but I did develop, and redevelop recently with BDS/CBDL strategies that help me deal with them.

Robin for on plan.

Getting tired suddenly! See you all tomorrow.

Anne
Old 05-20-2009, 04:44 AM   #146  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Ploughing through a crunch at the office that's throwing me off. The good news is that I don't think of the vending machines as a quick fix. CREDIT moi for that. Need to work a bit at catching up on sleep that's taking the hit, as is walking. I did walk after work when all I wanted to do was veg out - CREDIT moi, although the walk was a tad brief - Oh Well.

Have been enjoying my NSV of being able to put my socks on standing up; CREDIT moi. (OK, it's not that hard since I do it one foot at a time.) But I had no chance of doing that before I started my journey.

Loonie (maryblu) - You wrote, "my favorite joke suitable for all audiences is the one about the atoms walking out of the bar." So are you going to tell us the joke or what?

Thanks for the reminder that "the thought comes first." I do carry the fear that I'll just walk up to a pizza and wolf down the whole thing before I think. Not so; I will think about eating it and will have the opportunity to work some Beck resistance techniques.

So jealous of your Trumpeter Swans - we only have the d*rn Mute Swans around here. As well as your white pelicans - a flock of those would make the Boston Globe. We did have "wonderful, melodic, amazing Orioles" this weekend - both Baltimore and Orchard. Can't believe that someone other than me (who has two copies) remembers Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

Robin (RobinW) - Waving back. Can't do better than "op all the way!"

Sorry that you guys had to relive the trauma of your airplane crash with three days of hearings. I, for one, wish that cockpit conversations were not replayed in public. The families don't need that.

Anne (wndranne) - That's an amazing recovery on your back; keeping fingers crossed that it stays that good while it heals.

Kudos for being on plan. Again. Ho-hum.

Tera (twilit tera) - That's a lot of happy purple!! Congrats on the lower average pain level. Would seem like your chiropractor is doing magic there. Kudos for taking over doing some of it yourselves at home.

That mattress sounds fantastic. Neat that you assembled it yourself - not bad for a person who could barely get out of bed just a few weeks ago.

ChinaMaine - Yep, MONSTER WOOHOO for fatigue level 1 all day. That's great news.

Amazing that you have multiple Rose-breasted Grosbeaks. A single is a good spotting around here. Last week we saw two Bobolinks in a tree near here - a first; we usually only see them in a big meadow on Plum Island (a NWR an hour north of Boston). Don't know what was up with them.

bucket (bucketwithapurpose) - Congrats that the scale treated you kindly. Sounds like you've done the best thing by giving your father all that info and have a good plan in place to enlist your mom to help you out. It's a big step to get the difficult food out of our face. LOL at feeding the pizza to your brother - now that's a convenience.

Thanks for the reminder that I don't need to eat the flour tortilla on my burrito. I just wolf that down since I think it belongs there.

Readers -
Quote:
resistance technique 10
Do a positive fast-forward.
Imagine, in detail, how you will feel 10 minutes after resisting the unplanned food. Visualize how you will feel: Strong and in control? Proud of yourself? Hopeful that you will get to your goal? Delighted that you exercised your resistance muscle? See yourself tomorrow morning when you get on the scale. Think about how good you will feel that you didn't give in. Once you see the entire picture, ask yourself, Which seems better: eating or not eating unplanned food?

The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 101
Old 05-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #147  

Default I'm so glad you asked

Ah, BillBE,

"You wrote, "my favorite joke suitable for all audiences is the one about the atoms walking out of the bar." So are you going to tell us the joke or what?"

I am sooo glad you asked. I figured everyone knew it. It is soooooo old. Well, then, that may explain it. You and I are the ones of the "ripe" vintage. Btw, I, too, have 2 copies of JLS!! Couldn't find my original copy, thought I had given it to someone, so bought another for a song, then found the first one. In my hippie days I gave that as a graduation present. These days I give Victor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning, hoping that it will get read someday..hopefully sooner rather than later. But I digress. This is for Bucket:

2 atoms are walking out of a bar and the first 1 says, "Oh, no, I left one of my electrons back in the bar!"

The second one asks, "Are you sure?"

The first one nods, "Yes. I'm positive."

Enjoy your day, Beckies!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #148  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 149/128/123(next goal)

Height: 4'11"

Default Wednesday Morning

Coaches/Buddies: Aggh, how did I miss a day posting already??!! Yesterday was crazy busy and because it was beautiful (yeah!) my kids were outside all day, which makes it very difficult for me to get on the computer. In addition, my sister is here visiting and my father arrives on Friday. I always find it very hard to stay in my routine when there are visitors here. Anyway, I finally tried running for the first time yesterday (after a long hiatus to let my hips/knees heal and recover) and it went very well! I'm going to take things very slowly, but I want to make sure that I'm consistent too.

I've been doing everything kind of 1/2 assed, but at least I haven't thrown it all away. I'm still dealing with the death of my brother (it's been 8 months now and is first just beginning to feel real) and I'm still completely enmeshed in all this divorce stuff. I think I'm putting this out there to remind myself that given the circumstances, I'm really not doing badly at all. I have to realize that things are tough and I'm doing the best I can. It's definitely not an excuse to give up or not try, but it is a reason to give myself a break and realize that there's only so much I can handle at once! Okay, so thanks for listening to my little pep-talk to myself

Things I have been doing well:

Weighing in
Keeping track of the calories I'm consuming
Exercising
Counting my "mini" binges and not letting them get too out of control (can't quite give myself a broc for that)

Posting here
Reading my Advantages Deck x 1

Things to work on:

Reading my Response Cards regularly
Reading my Advantages Deck 2 x per day
Eating consciously and slowly
Posting here more consistently

Hope to see everyone again soon.

BTW, I want to say that again I looked at the replies to me and again found it very helpful. (Which of course makes me feel badly that I haven't responded with personals to others-- but I'm going to try to let go of that and know I will when I am capable.)

Anne, great idea about the virtual training buddies and I hope you're feeling better really soon. Please don't push yourself, it's not worth it. Remember, we want to run for life, not just for this one race, so make sure you take care of your body and heal completely. I started yesterday with 5 min walk/ 5 min run x2 and then 5 min. walk cool down. It killed me to walk (so boring to me!), but I'm going to do that for 2 more days (as suggested by my running coach) and then increase slowly from there. So if, it makes you feel any better about being sidelined, I'm kind of starting from scratch. Feel free to PM me or email me klgreenstein (at) gmail.com to discuss running and virtual training together.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #149  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Its a beautiful day here in Buffalo, and its suppose to get up to 25C today! I may even get out of here early so I can go home and work on the yard!!

Bill~ you're too funny....you sounded just like my husband, wasting time adding all those extra letters in my words
...about those recordings from the flight crash. I have such strong feelings about how those were presented!! I truly believe with all that I am, that those should have been kept for ONLY the people that wanted to hear them. Yes let them be accessable to who ever wants to hear them, but I do not think they should have been played on the news the way they were!
Yah for your NSV!!

Anne~ Yah for something popping back!!

Kim~ Yah for all the !!! You are doing great!

Tera~ Awesome for the new bed!! I hadnt even thought about that, but I bet it makes a huge difference. A better nights sleep would help alot in dealing with the daily pain. Good for you!

ChinaMaine~ "I was able to buy ‘real’ size 16 pants before I went on my business trip" That is just awesome!!

bucket~ Big Kudos for getting back on track!! "doing a little extra cardio today with the extra energy I had stored," This is great too!! I always find it amazing how much energy I have stored up when I think I should be really tired! Good going!

Got my workout in this morning....but I did it on the treadmill at home. I figured it was a good time saving plan for today since I have meetings this afternoon. Going to the gym would have gotten me back to the shop a little later than I wanted. The only thing with walking at home, its too friggin hot!!! Hubs still has the heat on

Tomorrow dh goes to his networking meeting, so he'll drop me off at the gym on the way....this gives me lots of time. Plus he pushes me out of the bed! (well, he actually bribes me with coffee)

Ive been getting on the scale like a good girl. The last 2 weeks havent showed any loss. Just lots of up and downs...all within a 6 lb range. I was starting to get discouraged. But I had Michelle do my measurements this week, and Im 2inches less than I was when I started. But the weight is the same. Ok......I'll take that This takes some getting used to.

Im off........have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #150  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

WI: -2.5 NEW LOW MINIGOAL
Pain: 0/1/5
Activity: 3

Credits: calorie counting , water , , vitamins , shoes

Had a peculiar attack of insomnia last night. My head was just too busy when I went to bed last night. I finally nodded off around midnight thirty.

The book I was reading didn't help. "Driven to Distraction" by Dr.s Hallowell and Ratey. My aunt gave me this book because she believes she has ADD. From their description I'd say about 1/4 of the adult world does as well. I really think we've gone overboard with diagnoses in this country. So what if some of us think better in motion, prefer working multiple projects at once, or need a lot of structure to complete tasks? Why does this have to be a "disorder?" This describes me to a T but I don't think of it as something wrong with me, it's just the way I operate! It's just another case of 'experts' telling us how we 'should' be and then trying to 'treat' us, instead of letting us be who we are!

Ack. soapbox. off-topic at that.

I checked my grades just a moment ago (the Internet is truly amazing) and discovered that my 4.0 is intact! Biology did not trip me up after all!

I'm going to reward myself by being totally on plan today!

Maryblu: I didn't know the atom joke. Thank you for sharing it! The only joke I can ever remember is one my dad told me about the strings in a bar (hence that's the one I tell every chance I get)... I'm sure you must know that one!

ChinaMaine: It was quiet in here for a while! Must have been a busy day for everyone (not just Robin )

for another ho-hum-completely-on-plan-day! Hooray for working from home! It's been gorgeous down here too! Huzzah for your pants!! NSV's are rewarding, and the warm fuzzy feeling I get from them last longer than the numbers being good to me. Hope this one sticks with you til you're in your size 14s!

About the exercise while away from home... I know the Wii isn't the most portable device, but... could you carry it with you? Probably not if you're flying... just a thought.

Robin: Varoooom! for OP. for the inches lost - a sure sign that you're doing the right thing for your body!

Bucket: for jumping right back on track. Sorry it's so difficult with your dad, but at least Mom's an ally. Who knows, maybe as your Dad gets more used to your healthier lifestyle, he'll see the benefits and hop on the bandwagon?

No dangers of throwing my alarm clock... I quit the alarm clock months ago! I'm taking college classes online, and hubby has a flexible schedule at work. We try to get to bed relatively early (around 9:30 and no later than 10) and wake up whenever we do. Best decision we've made in a long time, as our combined stress level has gone down quite a bit since.

Anne: Hooray for the back pain being gone and that you've been able to stick to your mental plans.

Bill: that you have overcome the power of the vending machines! for your socks!

Kim: for a good run! for giving yourself permission to be human and take time to recover from the losses you've experienced. Thank you for pep-talking yourself here, and giving us the opportunity to agree with you!

to my beckbuddies!

Last edited by twilit tera; 05-20-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Closed Thread