3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Losers and Friends - Jan 5 - Jan 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/160380-losers-friends-jan-5-jan-11-a.html)

dawn78 01-06-2009 10:54 AM

Lettie - are you still doing LAWL or NutriSystem? I'm sure you already mentioned this, but I must have missed it!

Joni135 01-06-2009 11:46 AM

Dawn - too funny - I just sent Lettie an IM asking her the same thing....
After last night's RPM (cycling class), I'm down 1.5 lbs (that's since Sunday). I'll take it...
Anyone going to watch TBL tonight? I'm a sucker for that show....I plan to watch it while on my treadmill! Maybe that will motivate me to up my speed and my incline!

amylou7777 01-06-2009 12:01 PM

Yes! I can't wait for TBL. I've been watching teasers on youtube. That show definitely motivates me if I watch it every week. I wish I had a treadmill, but I think I'll try Kim's commercial exercises that she posted in the vday challenge.

I just walked another 2miles with Leslie which puts me at 10 miles. My goal was 12 by friday so looks like I'll surpass! It took me a while to finally put my shoes on and do it, but having this mini goal is really helping.

2lbs lost Joni-that's great!! Did you come up with a team name for your hometown challenge?

Glad to have Nicole back!! How were your holidays my dear?

I got some great news at work yesterday! I am still in shock that they offered me this opportunity, but I'm more than happy to take it. I was feeling a little stressed and worried about $ and such on Sunday, and on Monday I felt like my prayers were answered with this new offer. It's been a great year so far!

Hope you guys are having a great week. If you haven't gotten any exercise in a while, get movin! It really is amazing what 15 min of sweat can do for you. Set a little goal for yourself and get up from your computer and do it!

amylou7777 01-06-2009 12:06 PM

I just went back in the threads and realized I missed the end of page 1.

Angie-WELCOME!! Congrats on making the decision to re-dedicate yourself. I can only imagine how hard it is for you and your bf to lose your baby dog! Believe me, I know what it's like to have a dog that is your child, so thoughts are with you. Don't turn to food, turn to journaling your meals and getting on here for support!

Cecil-thank you!!

Kimphin-yes, so far so good on WW. And I haven't even looked at their online community, I could never imagine finding a group as great as this!

Kimphin 01-06-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngieH75 (Post 2529239)
Morning/Afternoon everyone,

I've been absent for a while, fell off the wagon, but am re-dedicated today. I'm doing take off today and tomorrow and will then be OP. I want to lose 15 pounds by my birthday in April, a do-able goal I think.

The holidays around our house were - challenging. My boyfriend had a 10 year old choco lab that we put to sleep on New Year's eve. We found out about the mass on his spleen on X-mas eve.
I never thought it would be as hard as it was, I only knew Andy (the lab) for the last two years, but if you're like us, your dog is your child. It's horrible when they can't tell you what they want. You have to hope and pray that you made the right choice, for them not for yourself. :(

So with all that going on for a week, I kept myself going mostly on sugar and not so healthy carbs. And my scale and clothing have paid the price. So back onto the wagon I climb!!

Have a great day, chat with you all soon!

Oh, Angie - I missed your post too. I am soo sorry about your Lab - I hate it when my dog is acting differently and I can't figure out what's wrong - so I can only imagine how you both felt over Christmas.

Kimphin 01-06-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni135 (Post 2531653)
Dawn - too funny - I just sent Lettie an IM asking her the same thing....
After last night's RPM (cycling class), I'm down 1.5 lbs (that's since Sunday). I'll take it...
Anyone going to watch TBL tonight? I'm a sucker for that show....I plan to watch it while on my treadmill! Maybe that will motivate me to up my speed and my incline!

Joni- Les Mills RPM? That's what they have at my gym too - and it petrifies me. I keep "accidenty" missing the mandatory introductory session. The appeal of 400,000 calories burned in an hour is apparently outweighed by the potential for sheer mortification.

So, that said, how is it?

Oh, and I'll be watching TBL, and TiVOing the National Body Challenge, and then watching the TiVo'd version of DieTribe from last night. DH will want to put a bullet in his head by 11:00PM.

Hoochie 01-06-2009 12:34 PM

Just thought I'd check in as its been a while. December was a killer. I went on a cruise for a week and then came home to Christmas functions. I am not sure if it was the food or the drinks that did me in. I enjoyed myself immensely and was a little worried to step on the scale January 1rst. To my surprise, i was only up 2 pounds! yippy!
My husband bought me a workout set for Christmas so I have begun my New Years resolution and I think with the support of this group, i can do it!!!!!
I now have my treadmill and my home gym so I am going to try rotating my exercises. Its been really nice to have my hubby or son work out with me. They really push me which is excellent.
Well I have set a goal to lose 4 pounds this month, one a week. I need to start my year being realistic.
For those of you on WW, my neighbor lost 50 pounds on Weightwatchers this year and she looks fantastic. I have heard good things about it. I am not going to LAWL centre anymore but I am going to try and stick to their program. Gotta run..talk to you soon. Nice to see everyone again!

Joan

JLem311 01-06-2009 12:43 PM

hey everyone. yesterday was absolutely horrible for me. i don't even want to get into it either. it just sucked so bad. there was lots of tears that's for sure.
not sure how much better today is..we'll see later i suppose.

glad to hear that everyone is in good spirits and doing well!

JLem311 01-06-2009 12:45 PM

oh and nicole--thanks for the compliment. i still feel like a huge cow. but a few people in person have commented on how "cute" i look pregnant. funny, i never got those comments last two times..but that's probably because i was double my size then. ha. anyways..just thought i'd say thanks. it makes me think that i actually do look semi-decent, even though i don't feel like i do. :)

BarbaraB 01-06-2009 12:55 PM

Kim, I love all the diet shows. I really enjoy that Ruby show, I don't know if anyone else has caught it. I saw an ad for Diet Tribe and was thinking it looked good too. I can feel you being at one with your POPness from here.

Joni, I bought a gel seat to put on the bike, so I can wear whatever and still be comfortable. I highly recommend getting one. They are not too expensive, but it makes a big difference for me to use one. How is RPM different than spin? They don't have the RPM at my gym, just what they call "reaction cycling" which is just a spin class.

Lettie, 3 pounds already? Wow you are really shrinking lately.

Dan, I'm sure you'll soon be giving Lettie a challenge. My scale has crept up too, and I just am not going to let it defeat me.

I'm trying something a little different, the flat belly diet. It is really more or less calorie counting with 3 meals of 400 calories each and a snack with the same for 1600 calories a day. Plus you are supposed to get some good fat with each of these meals, so it is a lot more fat than LAWL. So far I feel really good, and it is a break from the bars, as after two and a half years, I needed a break. I still think I'll go back to LAWL in a few weeks, this is just a change to see if it helps flatten my belly and gets me back on track... Plus I have to pay a lot more attention to what I'm eating if I'm calorie counting, as I'd gotten to sloppy.

jewljz 01-06-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimphin (Post 2531762)
Oh, and I'll be watching TBL, and TiVOing the National Body Challenge, and then watching the TiVo'd version of DieTribe from last night. DH will want to put a bullet in his head by 11:00PM.

Kim - you crack me up! I wanted to watch all of these also, but even with a DVR I'll never find the time to keep on top of all that, unless I give up either work or sleep... maybe I just combine the two and sleep at work! That'll do it! :)

Kimphin 01-06-2009 02:33 PM

Since finding my true love (TiVo) I have found that you can watch a 1 hour show in about 40 minutes. And with all of the repeated junk on TBL, their 2 hour shows take about 1:15 to watch.

You will find that you can no longer stand to watch TV without the DVR. I never realized how impatient I am until I lived at SIL's house for 3 days when the power went out and I had to watch TV without it.

petitelapin 01-06-2009 03:25 PM

No longer MIA

I am finally back after almost a month of MIA. I am up about 2lbs from where I left off which isn't nearly as bad as it could be. So I am about 10 lbs away from goal. Probably because I was sick over Christmas so I didn't overindulge and in CR I mostly ate beans and rice (too bad about all the malibu though).

Doing second day of TO today (w/ oranges instead of TO juice). And I went to swim laps yesterday and back to the gym today. It has definitely hit me this afternoon, I am exhausted.

Happy that someone posted on a thread about how to do stabilization as I doubt I'll head back to my COD (if it is even open).

Tan

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091...120/130.5/.png

bradleys mom 01-06-2009 03:36 PM

Kim, I agree, WW community is nothing like this!! There is a LOT of negativity on their boards. I posted a few times and really didnt like some of the responses, at least here, I KNOW I have support! DH and I used to have Tivo at our first place when we first got married (we had Dish Network) when we left from there we left the satellite and went to cable! I really hated sitting through commercials for the longest time after that!

Amylou, slow down!!! I am just chalking up 2 miles for today! We may have to make a "miles" challenge next week!

I really want to find a cycling class, I think they may have one at the local rec center. I think I will go to their website and see!

Kimphin 01-06-2009 05:06 PM

Kimberly - That's what I thought about the WW boards too. I don't think I posted more than 2x there.

Heading home, hoping for a snow day tomorrow!