3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Losers and Friends - Jan 5 - Jan 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/160380-losers-friends-jan-5-jan-11-a.html)

zambejaly5 01-05-2009 09:17 AM

Losers and Friends - Jan 5 - Jan 11

Ok, where is everybody? Get up people. Lets get at this stuff.

Dan2112 01-05-2009 10:06 AM

Right behind you boss!! Now that the holiday are officially out of the way (sniff!), there are no longer any good excuses..

I even went out and bought some bike pants this weekend so I won't have an excuse not to get out there and hit the trails while the weather is cold!

JerseyMadchen 01-05-2009 10:15 AM

Hey guys!

I feel like absolute crap today. I have a nasty cold passed on to me by my DH! I think I slept about 4 hours last night.

Nothing going on today. Have to go to school to take care of my bill, but that's it. My skinny mini sister wants to join a gym, so I said I would with her. Her fiance is in Iraq, so I am sure this will help with her depression!

Kimberly R- COWBOYS?!!? Well, I guess that's ok. Sorry about last week!

Have a great day!

zambejaly5 01-05-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 2528643)
Right behind you boss!! Now that the holiday are officially out of the way (sniff!), there are no longer any good excuses..

I even went out and bought some bike pants this weekend so I won't have an excuse not to get out there and hit the trails while the weather is cold!

oooo Dan in bike pants! I want Pics!!

JLem311 01-05-2009 10:41 AM

morning everyone. just thought i'd stop in and say hi.
dh has been gone since about 5am saturday morning..so i spent the weekend alone, doing absolutely nothing. it sucked.
DD went back to school today, so we got back into our daily routine. i woke up completely exhausted today too. not a good combo with a 3yr old either.

jewljz 01-05-2009 10:53 AM

Morning everyone :) I'm soooooo tired today and did not feel like coming to work AT ALL! I've been off since last Wednesday and it was a bit hard getting everyone out the door this morning, but I'm really glad to be back in a routine. I even brought my gym bag today and plan to squeeze a workout in after work. I decided that I do not need to belong to 2 gyms this year and that I need to take advantage of the fitness center that I paid for all of last year here at work and used only about 10 times! It's cheap, fully equipped, convenient, and they give you all your money back if you use it enough times... what is my problem??? So the plan is to do my cardio here at work a few times a week and to use the DVR to record some other fitness shows the other days. I need to firm up, I'm beginning to feel floppy...

Starting Take Off tomorrow, haven't done it in a month!

Hope everyone is having a great morning, I'll be back later... just too lazy right now...

amylou7777 01-05-2009 11:34 AM

Happy Monday all!

I had a pretty good weekend. Got some exercise in and even made it to the gym yesterday with DF. Whew-I've got to get back into some sort of shape.

I saw that Kimberly came out and mentioned that she joined WW, so I figured I might as well come out of the bag and let you all know that I am also doing WW online. I haven't been to any meetings yet, but I've really enjoyed the online site and have been learning the point system etc. I was very hesitant, as I completely believed in LAWL's principals etc, but I think my brain just needed a restart. I'll keep you posted, but so far-so good.

Jillian-hang in there girl!

Amy-hope you feel better soon!! Once you are well, get to that gym-it really is amazing how great you feel after.

Hi Lettie and Dan!

Julie-WOW. You have lost a lot of weight girl! You are so, so close! GL with t/o.

Off to work! My scale is showing a loss from last week, but my "official w/i" is tomorrow so I'm motivated to make good choices today!

Dan2112 01-05-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zambejaly5 (Post 2528700)
oooo Dan in bike pants! I want Pics!!

Yeah, well considering how uproariously Liz was laughing at me when I tried them on, I wouldn't hold your breath!

Sige 01-05-2009 12:25 PM

Dan, you crack me up!

I am very excited...I haven't gone to my COD for 3 weeks (over the holidays) and finally went to weigh in today and see the damage...I'm DOWN a pound. How the heck did that happen???

Hello to everyone...it's a NEW YEAR!!! Let's do it!

JerseyMadchen 01-05-2009 12:34 PM

Amylou- I too am online! We can do this. I thought the same thing. I just needed something new. I have a few cookbooks and such, and I love to cook, so I am thinking this will be fun.

Hope you guys are having a great day!

BarbaraB 01-05-2009 12:48 PM

Amy (s), Better to sign up for WW and keep working on it, than to do nothing and regret it later. LAWL is an excellent program, but their doors are not open in a lot of places anymore, so if you want/need the extra support of a program, WW seems like a good choice to me. Especially if you try to take whatever you learned from LAWL and apply it there too.

Dan, Hey my profile picture is in bike pants, and no I guess they are not overly flattering on anyone.... LOL... I need a new picture...

Got a meeting better run

AngieH75 01-05-2009 01:22 PM

Morning/Afternoon everyone,

I've been absent for a while, fell off the wagon, but am re-dedicated today. I'm doing take off today and tomorrow and will then be OP. I want to lose 15 pounds by my birthday in April, a do-able goal I think.

The holidays around our house were - challenging. My boyfriend had a 10 year old choco lab that we put to sleep on New Year's eve. We found out about the mass on his spleen on X-mas eve.
I never thought it would be as hard as it was, I only knew Andy (the lab) for the last two years, but if you're like us, your dog is your child. It's horrible when they can't tell you what they want. You have to hope and pray that you made the right choice, for them not for yourself. :(

So with all that going on for a week, I kept myself going mostly on sugar and not so healthy carbs. And my scale and clothing have paid the price. So back onto the wagon I climb!!

Have a great day, chat with you all soon!

cecil 01-05-2009 01:28 PM

Hi All!

Lettie, Nice to see you up early and motivating! Hope you had a great weekend!

Dan, Bike pants that does sound like something I would like to see! HA!

Amy, Hope you feel better! Good luck with the new gym membership! I love mine!

Jillian, hope the week gets better as you go!

Julie, that is what I do too, I bring my gym stuff with to work and change when I am done. It really helps!

Amylou, Love the positive attitude! Sooo excited for the challenge! We can do this!

Soooo this weekend I got a post card from LA and they said that I can come back for free to have my lost weeks? I am not sure what they are talking about but if it’s free I think I should take advantage. Has this happened to anyone else?

I hope you all have a great Monday!

zambejaly5 01-05-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecil (Post 2529254)
....Soooo this weekend I got a post card from LA and they said that I can come back for free to have my lost weeks? I am not sure what they are talking about but if it’s free I think I should take advantage. Has this happened to anyone else? ......

Basically they are trying to get you back in their doors first of all, then once you are there, they might try to talk you into buying more than just the "free"weeks that they want to give back to you. but most of all they want you in there to try to sell you more bars and products. so just keep all that in mind when you go. and keep your eyes wide open.

Kimphin 01-05-2009 02:14 PM

Darn - just typed a book and lost it!

Starting over...

Glad that we are all charging ahead into the New Year! It's good to hear everyone's plans.

I too brought my gym stuff to work - and will be stopping on my way home. I've been making it to the gym 2x week during the holidays, but want to up that to at least 4x. I figure once with the trainer, once on my own and 2x at classes, or a mix of stuff. I'm so happy to be back at a gym, you'd think I was a gym bunny.

Amy/Amy/Kimberly - Good luck on WW. I've done the online thing, and it's pretty good. I do have to say that I think our online community is better than theirs (I am sooo biased though!) With LAWL going the way of the dinosaur and the 8track tape, I guess it is inevitable that more and more of us move on. Glad you are still on here, though - keep us up on how you're doing!

Sige - it always seems that when you dread the results the most, it is not as bad as you've imagined! Great job on the loss.

Dan - bike shorts are evil. As if spandex isn't bad enough, then they add that (necessary, but still...) padded butt thing! Oh the horror. Glad Liz had a laugh.

Cecilia - I used to get those postcards every now and then when my center was open. Go for it, there's no catch, they just try to sell you supplements and stuff ("to help you succeed this time..."). If you say no I just want my weeks, there's nothing they can do but give them to you.