3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Losers and Friends - Jan 5 - Jan 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/160380-losers-friends-jan-5-jan-11-a.html)

bradleys mom 01-07-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraB (Post 2534784)
Amy, I was especially struck by how sick TBL contestents are from their obesity. Seeing the lungs pushed up in their chest and how huge their livers are and how the fat had actually invaded their organs..... Wow.

Me too Barbara, I was really wondering how much of my insides are like that! Major Motivation!

Sige 01-07-2009 02:45 PM

I watched TBL last night for the first time (part of it anyway). My first impression is that they were pushing their sedentary bodies far too far all at once...it doesn't seem like it would be very good for a morbidly obese body. Shouldn't they start off a little easier? Puking on the treadmill (in my mind) is your body's way of saying "too much too fast"...? I don't know, maybe there are extenuating circumstances?

I also wonder how realistic it is, after working so hard so many hours a day, to keep weight off. No one can keep up that pace forever...? Thoughts?

I too was quite surprised and more than a little bit disturbed at how fat just "invades" everything. Thank goodness I'm here!

Not being a **** disturber, but just my curiosity?

Hope all are having a good day.

Peggy

WithFaith50 01-07-2009 02:59 PM

Hi guys! I did not like the twist on TBL. It would be more acceptable to me if it was done later in the season...when the contestants would be more knowledgeable about how to get the weight off.

On a brighter note...I stepped on the scale this morning just to see where I'm at and was pleasantly surprised! I hopped off real quick just in case the scale changed it's mind and threw up the "real" number, lol. Now...I don't believe the number I saw, but it sure makes me feel good! I will NOT weigh myself again until my real weigh in day (Monday), so I can use this good feeling to help me try to stay on track.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Dairy Fairy 01-07-2009 03:09 PM

Amy- Real Housewives Junkie here!!! I was reserving judgment on the Gretchen situation but the previews for next week look VERY interesting. We'll see. It's sad what a crappy person Vicky is becoming. I guess her "fame" is going to her head because I just don't remember her being so mean in past seasons. She is letting material/superficial things ruin her life.

Katie, you need to work on telephone hypnotherapy...then give us your number ;) I have never had any "past life" stuff done and I have no desire, but when I was in college my friend Joanie was friends with a psychic lady named Carla who would sometimes say things about people Joanie knew. When I started dating my husband Carla told Joanie to tell me we have been together many many lifetimes but often as siblings. Not sure I believe all that, but we sure do fight like it sometimes!

I'm doing so good today so far...and I still have my beloved dairy serving left for an afternoon snack!!! Afternoon is my hard time. I have almost no desire to eat in the morning or at night- so why am I overweight again???

bradleys mom 01-07-2009 03:20 PM

Peggy - The contestants are very closely watched, as you saw with the older guy, Jerry (I think) there were medics right there when he started feeling bad. I think they are always on hand. I have watched all 7 seasons and even the "special" season in between and there havent been but a few episodes where someone had to be taken to the hospital from over exertion. And even when they were, most if not all got to come back to the show. I agree with the puking on the treadmill part though, I think that was a little much, I felt sorry for the gal!

The scale was very nice to me again this morning! I am loving weight watchers, I feel I have a little more freedom than I had with LAWL, but a lot of LA's principles have stuck with me, like knowing how many servings of each food group I should have (or close to it anyway).

Repo girl 01-07-2009 03:52 PM

Mary- It is a trend for souls to travel through lifetimes together. I regressed my sister last week, and in the lifetime she visited, her brother was our dad in this life. Good job staying on plan today!!!

Barbara- Thanks girl, I needed that.

Peggy- I wonder about the safety too. Also, I think that it is really degrading to have those women weighing in sports bras. How humiliating.

ljackson 01-07-2009 04:21 PM

i agree about the sports bras on TBL, did you ever notice that the women wear sports bras in the beginning of the season but as they get towards the end they keep thier shirts on, how embarrassing!

BarbaraB 01-07-2009 06:24 PM

There are some things about TBL that are troubling. Frankly I don't know if we need to see the guys without their shirts either.

They lose weight too fast and exercise too much, and no one can do that in real life. I suppose they have the added shame of having appeared on a show like that, and that would be motivating, since if they regain the weight, everyone will notice..... Most of the people on that show do regain at least some of the weight, but then again they usually starved themselves silly for the finale to win the money. I would... I would play every trick in the book to get my weight down, since they only go on weight. I saw the biggest loser Austrailia, and they did a combination of percentage fat loss and weight lost.

JLem311 01-07-2009 07:11 PM

ok, so my week has gone from bad to worse. let's see..today i broke my little toe. i like seriously broken. it's all black and blue and it hurts to walk. and of course i had to finish my day chasing around ds and doing all the other stuff that goes along with that. and then on my way home, a rock hit my windshield a gave it a huge crack that i now need to fix ASAP before th whole thing needs to be replaced. and it sucks even more because i just had a huge crack from a rock fixed just last week!
omg..seriously i had a breakdown in the car and it's still going on.
why does everything have to happen to me this week?!? i just don't get it. it's like the universe know that i'm struggling and just gives me one last kick while i'm down. ugh.

sorry. had to vent. i'm sooooo over this week. i just wanna curl up in my bed until the 18th when dh comes back.

Mama Nicole 01-07-2009 09:16 PM

awww, Jillian.........it's going to be ok. I get the same way when my DH is gone. I get lovesick....still.....and it just makes everything more difficult. And, soooo osrry about the toe.....I broke my pinky toe when I was 23, and it hurt way more than I thought it should. Hang in there........things will be better tomorrow :) :hug:

From the sounds of it, TBL is sounding a bit disappointing this year. I only watched it a coule of times a couple of years ago, and it was intersting to me, but they dragged it out too much for my liking. Like Kim, I am in love with Tivo. Lve TV is a pain in the butt.

Oh, and Jillian.........DD says to be sure to use Pampers. I have to agree......they are way nicer than they used to be.....and baby Maria leaks way less in them than the others.

Speaking of DD.........she asked me this weekend if she could go away to college in Wisconsin and leave the baby with me. What do you all think of that? I just don't know what to think. I know peole do these kinds of things, but I am not the kind of mom who could have done that. I keep reminding myself that when she told us she was pregnant.......and was considering adoption........we promised her we would help in any way she needed.........so what's a mamma to do???? I have no clue. We aer only in the talkign about it stages, and I guess I hope she will change her mind.....but seriously, what do you guys think about it all?

Ok, well, I am day 2 POP.....whoohoooo. I did sneak a lookie lookie at the sclae today, and it showed me with a nice little loss.....but I promised myself that I wouldn't officially WI until Friday. I am pretty excited about it.
XOXO

JerseyMadchen 01-07-2009 09:40 PM

Hey Guys!

TBL! I think the girl (Laura?) who threw up on the treadmill was acting a little bit… I agree that they just exercise them to death and let them go home. I wish they would talk more about their diet. I don’t think they have ever said anything about that… They’re obviously not eating what they used to! I agree too about the shirts… no one needs to see that… Hey, I don’t know about your COD’s, but we had to keep our shirts on. Now, I never wore jeans…I guess we take it where we can get it.

Jillian- I am sorry to hear about your crappy week. My girlfriend just replaced her windshield after a rock was dropped over an overpass onto her… It’s so funny, I know what you mean about things just never working out. It’s worse when I am alone too. I was so independent before!!! AHH!!! What happened to me??!?!? Hang in there chickadee… Keep your eye on your mailbox…

Nicole- that’s a tough situation with DD. You guys have been very supportive of the whole situation and a HUGE help I am sure. I have missed a lot since she was born… If it was me I would not allow her to go away to school. Are you raising the baby as yours? If not, she needs to step up to the plate and tae on her responsibility. Please do not take this as offensive… Just my worthless two cents.

DairyFairy- I know! Vickie is such a b*tch! She is going to lose her husband. She is downright CRUEL to him. Seriously, you are not all that… she needs a facelift. HAHA! Listen to me, I sound like them! But if she is going to act like that, she should get it back! Gretchen is a little “flirt!” I figured something would happen sooner or later. I can’t believe how much she goes on with her life with her fiancé sick too… wow, money does not make you happy! I have to admit, I LOVE Gretchen’s PERFECT hair! She is gorgeous…

KimberlyR- I am so glad WW is working for you! I am still setting up and researching. I bought a little magazine cookbook for WW at CVS tonight and was looking through it. Some recipes are a little too gourmet for me, but I will be using it a lot.

After talking to a few girls on Facebook about WW, we’re starting our own meetings. I am hosting our first on MLK day!

Well, hope you’re having a great night!

Mama Nicole 01-07-2009 10:31 PM

11/1/2008
Famous Quote #1
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

Don't you just love that? I do :) I copied and pasted it from someone's blog that I don't even know. :lol:

JerseyAmy.......I appreciate your honesty.....and your 2 cents is not worthless at all. I am lost....don't know what to do......and it helps me so much to have conversations about things like this. No, we are not raising the baby as our own....but I think she is wishing we were. She said the other day........"mom, I just wish she was my sister instead of my baby." I have so many thoughts I just need to sort them. I ask for advice to help me sort......and I don't take offense.....in the end, DH and I have to live with the decisions, and I'm sure things will work out. I just want to do what is best for our DD and our GD.

Ok, have to go chill with DH. It is late already. Keep your eyes on the prize b1tches.......we are getting closer and closer.
XOXO

zambejaly5 01-07-2009 10:52 PM

Nicole, I kinda agree with amy.....the first person that needs to be considered is the baby..... so. if it were me, I would tell her to chose, go to college and you formally adopt the baby. or take full responsiblity for her baby. the baby doesn't need to be yanked back and forth. think your the mommy for a few years and then be shoved back to her when they haven't even bonded that much.

but on the other hand. it is soooo much easier to say that when it is not my daughter...... :)

amylou7777 01-07-2009 11:48 PM

Hi Friends!

I cried during TBL too! Goodness, I'm glad it wasn't just me! It just really hit a chord and was also really scary. There's nothing on TV tonight, so I've got the people's choice awards on while I check my emails and Queen Latifah looks so good! I love the purple dress I just saw her in.

Oh Nicole, is sounds like there really isn't an easy answer. I have to admit that my first thought was , "how on earth could a mother leave her baby?!" It's hard bc I don't have kids yet, but after thinking about it, I think the reality is that she thinks that leaving you to raise the baby would be the best thing for her. It sounds like your daughter is really scared. She trusts you and probably thinks she could never raise a child as well as you. I think it's great she wants to go to college, but she now has a huge responsibility that prevents her from moving anywhere she pleases, and I think she has to really understand that. My DF has a friend who had a baby at 15, went on to college and took the baby with her. She is now a law school grad and trying to pass the bar. Your daughter has options, she just has to remember to think for two. I totally agree with Lettie, every conversation has to begin with Maria's best interest. I really hope that this works out for you and your family. ----sorry for the novel!! I just know that you are struggling and I really hope that it works out!!!!:hug:

I didn't get a workout in today, but definitely did my fair share of walking all around downtown today for client interviews.

Amy-how great to have a meeting with your friends!! WW is pretty much no-fail. Eat what you want and plug it in, you'll quickly learn what to stay away from and how much to eat. I know you can do this!!

Kristinx 01-08-2009 02:30 AM

I cried during TBL too...but my grandfather also passed away yesterday...it just really re-affirmed my goals to get healthy this year....I'm actually surprised he lived as long as he did with how he took care of himself. And unfortunately I didn't know him as well as I probably should have. But I am 26 and I want ot have kids and grandkids and want to be able to be there for them. My bf has a 10 year old son and he's already struggling with his weight....I want to be a better role model for him as well. He may not be mine so I may not understand completely how a parent feels but I just don't want him to have to go through the pain of being an overweight child and teenager...it breaks my heart.
Anyhow, a bit of a rant but I am so psyched for this lifestyle change! (I will not call it a diet :p)