3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Losers and Friends - Jan 5 - Jan 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/160380-losers-friends-jan-5-jan-11-a.html)

Sige 01-06-2009 05:56 PM

<--------is wondering how much her gallbladder weighs and when they take it out on Friday will it still count as *weight* lost? :dizzy:

JerseyMadchen 01-06-2009 07:59 PM

Hey guys!

WOW, I was on this morning at about 10:30am and I missed so much since then! It's nice having everyone back! Let'sal make a commitment to stay!

I have been feeling miserable and as you all know it's so hard to diet being sick. I either don't want to eat or eat crap.

I did make a big step yesterday and got new sneaks and apparel to workout in, so that motivated me. Nike has this cool thing you can put in your sneaker to track al your movement, but it's for an iPod Nano and I have a regular one. BOO. Not only do I have to go back to return it, I am just dissapointed in general.

Kim- I am DEFINITELY watching TBLtonight. Well, DVR-ing it. I don't watch any of my shows in real time since getting it. I actually got Jillian Michaels for Wii FIt which I have yet to open. My DH traded in all his old games and let me use the credit at Game Stop for the 2009 edition!

Amylou- how's WW? I don't even know where to start. I know it's a small hurdle and I guess I am a little overwhelmed... are you doing it online? And did I ask you that already?

KimberlyR- I love your mini-goals on your signature. Mini-goals are key.

I set my WW mini 4 week goal to 10lbs and3 days a week of exercising. It's a start, believe me!

It's actually a great document for mini-goals. I have it saved if anyone wants it. PM me your email address and I will send it along!

During TBL tonight I will start going through all my literature for WW andstart planning.

Oh, BTW, I LOVE RUBY! She is so sweet and loveable! She lost 100 lbs!

Repo girl 01-06-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sige (Post 2532609)
<--------is wondering how much her gallbladder weighs and when they take it out on Friday will it still count as *weight* lost? :dizzy:

Hmmm, well, surely 10 lbs, right? LOL. Good luck with that!

amylou7777 01-06-2009 08:52 PM

Sige-I hope it weighs a ton! GL with the surgery!

KimR-I'm addicted to leslie! I'm definitely thinking of a mileage challenge starting Friday. I love your siggys too!

Amy-I've been online with WW for about a month. It took me two weeks to really navigate the site and figure out who to divide my points up throughout the day. It's definitely different, but I'm coming to WW with so much knowledge from LAWL so I'm really trying to figure out how to combine to two. Don't be overhwhelmed, give yourself a week or so to really look around. The best part is that there are SO many foods already in the journal. Restaurants, product names-it's really nice and easy. Hope you feel better soon!

Kimphin-I'm a tivo snob too! DF bought me a separate tivo for our anniversary a while back, so we each have our own....I will have to check out dietribe. I don't get the channel that Ruby is on tho! I saw a preview somewhere and really wanted to watch. I'm so inspired by your POPness!

Hi Barb-your change of pace sounds great! Let us know how it turns out!

Hi Katie! Nicole!

amylou7777 01-06-2009 08:53 PM

Welcome back Tan and Joan!

Jillian-no more tears! Hope that today was much better than yesterday. Stay positive girl!

Dairy Fairy 01-07-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl (Post 2532932)
Hmmm, well, surely 10 lbs, right? LOL. Good luck with that!

Dunno- I had 12 lbs of babies come out and probalby lost 10 lbs :dizzy:

Ok, I have to buckle down. I posted regularly a while back and then quit posting when I got pg with twins. I gained 80 lbs with them BUT have lost most of it and just need to lose 35 lbs. They are gonna be 2 in February, so no more excuses. I saw that show Ruby on Oxygen and this woman is dieting with HUNDREDS to lose to be a healthy weight. I have to lose a measly 35 lbs or so, so why am I being so lazy about it!?!?!

I really liked LAWL (except the salt thing is so hard to manage!) and I like it because it forces me to get used to eating a balanced way. I like eating healthy, but sometimes I need that kick in the pants.

I don't recognize a lot of you from my time here, but I am hoping it means everyone is off in maintenence (sp?) land where I hope to be some time soon.

Later!
Mary

dawn78 01-07-2009 08:38 AM

Hi Mary!! I'm still here, unfortunately still in the weight loss phase. I’m also struggling to loss the same baby weight from almost 2 years ago. I really don’t know what my problem is. The first time around I was so motivated to get the weight off because I wanted to be at a healthier weight when I got pregnant, but this time I don’t have anything pushing me. I’m in my brother’s wedding this summer & you would think that would be enough of a push, but it hasn’t been. I know how to do this, I just can’t stick to the plan 100% like I did my first time.

BTW, how are the boys?

Dairy Fairy 01-07-2009 09:59 AM

I am right where you are-:hug: I wanted to lose weight so I did not start a pregnancy at 212 lbs. When I went in labor with the twins the nurse asked me how much I had gained with the twins and when I told her 80 lbs she looked at me and said "well dang you were a tiny little thing." hahaha. It's hard for me to find motivation as well because I am not getting pregnant again and my family doesn't have a ton of weight related health issues like some people. My husband is going to the gym more and I guess I am not wanting to be his fat wife if he loses weight.

How is your little one? Eli is almost 5 and the twins are almost 2. They are all doing well.

This morning I did really well and had 1/2p, 2v, 1fruit, 1 condiment for breakie. I'm really proud I was able to eat veggies for breakfast :D

JLem311 01-07-2009 10:32 AM

morning everyone. just thought i'd pop in and say hi. ugh. what a week. i'm so unbelievably exhausted. i feel like i haven't slept in weeks, even though i'm getting about 8hrs each night. i'm sure it's just because dh is gone and i miss him quite a bit. i've never been so thankful in my life that it's just 2wks this time around instead of 8 months. i'm definitely dreading when 2010 comes around and he has to be gone for a year. :( gosh i don't even want to think about that right now. ugh.

hope everyone has a good day!

Repo girl 01-07-2009 10:50 AM

Hi everyone!

Mary- Yahoooooo!! So glad to see you back here. We are doing it right this time. I HAVE to loose this @#%$ing weight.

Tan- Hey girl!

So, get this. I am working on my certificate to be able to do hypnotherapy in my clinic. I really wanted it to do past life regressions, but now I have people asking for hypnosis for lots of other stuff, like to quit smoking, and of course, WEIGHT LOSS!!! How the **** can I help other people lose weight when they come into the clinic to see me, morbidly obese? The right answer is, it is very difficult to do that kind of work on yourself, but still.......I gotta get a handle on this. Somebody kick me, please.....

jewljz 01-07-2009 11:22 AM

morning everyone - day 2 of take off - wish me luck again, I need it! Yesterday's take off was O.K... until grocery shopping in the afternoon. I went to the health food bulk aisle and found "toasted corn" - which is like corn nuts without all the bad stuff - it was only 40 calories per 1/4 cup. I bought some as a snack for DH, but decided to taste it in the car... a taste turned into waaaaay more than a serving and not something I should be eating on take off... I felt terrible after I did it and even more terrible after watching TBL (in real time because I don't have my DVR installed yet!)

Anyway - please send some willpower dust my way! I will be working out today also - workout number 2 of 4 for weekly goal.

Hoochie 01-07-2009 11:24 AM

Watched TBL last night. I had tears watching it...it must be my hormones!!!
Its such an inspirational show. Can you imagine losing 25 pounds in a week.
WOW!
Have a great day everyone.

JerseyMadchen 01-07-2009 12:07 PM

Hey guys!

Rainy, dark, miserable day here in Jersey. Perfect day to stay in the house and try to beat this being sick thing!

I watched TBL last night and was in tears too. My DH and I are still not living together 24/7 as he is still working in PA, and the White team (forget their names) had me balling. So what's up with sending so many home? That really sucked! Sometimes their twists don't make sense.

I love how after that I watched The Real Housewives of OC...it's addicting! I can't help it! AHH!!! Please tell me I am not alone!

Well, funny thing... I am a Facebook junkie, and it turns out there's about 6-7 of us from my alma mater (HS) on WW. I suggested that we do our own meetings as most of us are doing it online. So, now I am hosting! Yey!

Amylou- I feel better now that you told me you took 2 weeks to get organized. I have been going through all my WW magazines, cookbook, and online trying to get this clear in m head. I also bought a kit on eBay stupidly... if I had bought it on WW.com I would have saved $20+. UgH!

Well, hope you guys have a great day!

jewljz 01-07-2009 12:20 PM

Amy - I didn't like the twist on TBL either... so sad!!!

BarbaraB 01-07-2009 02:04 PM

Amy, I was especially struck by how sick TBL contestents are from their obesity. Seeing the lungs pushed up in their chest and how huge their livers are and how the fat had actually invaded their organs..... Wow.

Julie, Takeoff is hard, so don't be too down on yourself. You've done so great!

Katie, I know you have it in you to be a healthier version of yourself. You are always taking care of everyone else. Don't forget yourself. You are so worth it.

Jillian, How sweet you are to miss your DH so acutely. Young love.... I suppose after a couple of decades of marriage and after your kids are grown and gone from the house, it is somehow easier to say, yeah go ahead and go and do that..... and secretly set the thermostat higher, hog the remote and the bed and just leave the dishes in the sink all night long when he is gone (my DH can not rest if he knows there is anything in the sink, I on the other hand can sleep with dishes in the bed) So I enjoy my time to be myself. I can remember when we were apart and it was a misery though..... I just came to appreciate the time to be by myself more as I aged though.