3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Losers and Friends - Jan 5 - Jan 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/160380-losers-friends-jan-5-jan-11-a.html)

Dairy Fairy 01-09-2009 10:09 AM

Ok, Day 3 and I am still on board. I was not "POP" yesterday but I was well within calories/points any other way you slice it. It seems kinda pointless to throw out healthy things in my house because lawl is pretty much defunct here anyway. I have lost 1 lb, maybe more since I am having TOM. It's 9 am and I have had 2 servings of veggies...I figure I'll shove them in while I'm too drowsy to realize it ;)

Weight watchers: great plan...really works. Unfortunately I will eat my weight in starch points and then try to eat free veggies to fill up if I get hungry. Maybe after I have done this a while and buckled down I can do WW again. I abused flex majorly, too. I know I can lose weight on lawl so I'm hoping I can lose enough to keep motivated to not backslide.

Nicole, what better thing to worry about than your kids. Like I said, I dunno what to tell you, but I wish you the best. Parenting is hard and I dread the day I have 3 teens to wrangle.

Amy-I don't do Grey's Anatomy, but my other shows are the Office and Pushing Daisies (canceled- ARGH), and heroes.

Kimphin 01-09-2009 10:47 AM

I too, was a WW abuser. If I did go baack to it, I'd have to do a blend of LAWL and WW, so that I made sure I used my points for good and not evil.

amylou7777 01-09-2009 10:58 AM

Morning. Where is everyone on this fine friday?

I have to agree about the potential for WW abuse. That's exactly the reason I chose LA over WW in the first place. The whole saving your points thing didn't seem healthy to me. But now that I've had LA engrained in me, I'm really able to blend the two and while the weight will probably come off slower, it's very easy to see this as a reasonable lifestyle. We'll see!

Dairy-congrats on day 3 of POP. Make it through the weekend!!

I have bunco tonight which is always a challenge. Thankfull there are two ladies who are WW veterans and always know how many points are in what, so I can use them to figure out what I"m up against. I guess this is where saving points does come in handy.

Ok-so I have some extra time this morning. I rented Leslie's 5 mile DVD and I'm going to attempt 5 miles.....I'll let you know how it goes!

JLem311 01-09-2009 11:49 AM

hey everyone. so i decided to be brave and go to the grocery store. omg. what a painful experience. as soon as i got there and started walking..i just about wanted to leave. my toe/foot hurt so badly. it seriously sucked. so after that, and then having to bring all the bags in myself and put everything away..i decided to make myself a yummy sugar free caramel soy latte (the baby loves them!) and now i'm resting. i like getting my stuff done early in the morning, so then i can relax the rest of the day and the best part is..the shelves are fully stocked at the store and i don't have to fight the crowds. i usually do that on fridays since that's the day i don't have the kids.

anyways..so yeah. i hope everyone has a good weekend.

ps-- did i ever reveal the name we chose for the baby to everyone on here? i can't remember if i did or not? (prego brain!)

Repo girl 01-09-2009 11:57 AM

Morning everyone!

Mary- My twin.....I love the Office and Heros. I am also a raving Psych fan, and my new fave is Leverage. That is about the only things I watch on TV. Oh, and Charmed. Sounds like you are doing great!!

Amy- Have fun at Bunco!

So, my DH got laid off last week. Permanently. He went to work, his boss in Utah called and said that the company had been foreclosed on, and to lock up and go home. No notice at all. Anyway, we are fine on my income and his unemployment, but he is making me crazy. I love my husband, but man, I need him out of my hair!! The bank that foreclosed has hired him to work on doing the inventory and liquidating of his store, so today he went to work. I am totally enjoying getting back to my routine. After that though, I don't know. I think he will end up staying on unemployment for awhile, because jobs are really scarce right now. In fact, the only jobs in this area are so low paying that he gets more from unemployment than he would from working. I believe that all things happen for a reason, and I fully believe that the right thing will come along. Until then, I have to budget and be more responsible with money, but that is okay. It keeps us from eating out way too much, so that is good on the diet.

Repo girl 01-09-2009 11:59 AM

Jillian- If you did, I don't remember.

Hoochie 01-09-2009 12:13 PM

Happy Friday or is it? I am flying to Toronto tonight at midnight with my Dad. We are hoping to see my Grandma one last time before she passes. I am going to be an emotional wreck. I just can't deal with death stuff but my hubby works for Air Canada and I can get my Dad there cheap to see his Mom so I am doing the honorable thing and taking the weekend to fly my Dad from California to Toronto. I just hope she doesn't pass away while I am there.
I just wanted to quickly tell Joni that I think that is amazing how hard you are working....you go girl!!!! You are incentive!
Amy- You are the most postive person on this board all the time. It's really nice. By the way, what is Bunco????
Jillian- have a good weekend and hang in there! I don't recall you giving a name either. I would love to know.
Nicole- Decisions are tough but I am a believer in things happening for a reason. You guys will make the right decision whatever you decide to do. You will always have our support!
Have a nice weekend ladies...oops and Dan!!! sorry!!!!!!

Mama Nicole 01-09-2009 12:26 PM

WTG Dairy.......your name is Mary, right? 3 days is such a great start to a new habit. Only 18 more to go before it is second nature.

Jersey Amy.....DD knows who the mama in our house is.........we have always had house rules and we don't treat our kids like our friends at all.........that being said.......DD is entering adult hood, and these decisions are decisions she has to live with for the rest of her life. When I was struggling when I was younger, when I was trying to decide if i should divorce my first husband........I did what my parents thought was best.......unfortunately, I had to find my own way and married the man again a couple of years later, only to re-divorce him. I am not blaming my parents in any way........but what I needed from them at the time, while dealing with adult matters, was their love and support..not their decision making and influence. I was too young to realize that I didn't really have a mind seperate from them yet. We have time......and my hope and prayer is that DD will come to the right decision for her and her baby. She has been raised right and I have faith in her ability to make a good life for her and her child. She is just overwhelmed and confused, and EXTREMELH honest with me about how she feels.......:lol:. Sometimes too honest for my liking :) And don't worry, I am not at all offended by your posts........each post here helps me to think things through and look at it from different persepctives. So, thank you.........mostly for taking the time and caring :)

Oh, and check this out....my neighbor stopped over and asked me if DD wanted a job at the Dr. office where she works, answering phones and filing, three days a week. I am going to mention it to DD later today and see how she feels. They say things go the way they are supposed to.....maybe this will help DD make a decision.

Ok, so how did everyone do this week? Let's all post our victories today.......whether it is staying POP, a good WI, no BLT's, changing a size......whatever it might be. I will start a thread for that :)

Have a great day everyone :)
XOXO

amylou7777 01-09-2009 12:29 PM

Dairy-sorry I misread your post up there. Being close to POP is all that matters. You are back in this game!

Jillian-you poor little thing. I wish I lived closer so I could come bring you groceries. Do any of your stores deliver? We have a couple that do (free of charge the first time you use it) and one that you just pull up and pick up. You order everything online. I've never tried it, but sounds like it may come in handy. Way to go making it through the store. Reveal the name!!! You didn't tell us!

Katie-so sorry to hear about hubby's job. What a blow. You are so lucky that you make enough to live on. I can completely understand feeling out of your routine. I hope you guys can find a balance since it sounds like it may be this way for a while.

Hoochie-oh goodness, it's going to be a hard week for you. I'm so sorry. I've been there and there's just no easy way. Lean on your family. We'll be pulling for you.
Bunco is a very easy dice game. My mom has always played, and when I moved up north, DF's cousin started a group so now I'm part of it. It's a 10dollar buy in and then a handful of winners take some money home. Easy and fun!

Guess what? I just walked 5miles with Leslie!!! I got super bored during the third mile, but I didn't want to quit. I knew I had the time and I knew I could do it. Time to hit the showers!!

amylou7777 01-09-2009 12:31 PM

Hi Nicole, I was writing as you were writing! Hope you have a great weekend!! Sounds like a nice oppty for DD!!

Mama Nicole 01-09-2009 12:32 PM

Oh, I missed three posts during my mega post and visiting with my neighbor.

Katie.....you poor poor girl. A man must work. I love spending time with my DH too.......and I love it when he takes a day off for nothing, or comes home early.....but if he got laid off, it would drive me insane. It's as if they don't know what to do with themselves. Hopefully he wont' be off for too long. :)

Hoochie....it iwill all be ok. You are a wonderful daughter for taking your day to see his mom. Even though it will be hard, you will not regret it.

Ok, have to run...........I am not even dressed yet. What a slacker, huh?
XOXO

Kimphin 01-09-2009 01:58 PM

Katie - I'm sorry about your DH's job. I'm glad you guys will be OK for a while. I too believe that in situations like this, you generally end up in a better place. I hope that your DH is handling this OK.

Hoochie - I completely missed your last post about your grandmother. What sad news - your Dad is very lucky to have you bring him to see her. I hope that the weekend goes as well as possible for you.

Jillian - I agree with Amy - I wish we were all closer so that we could help! I hate grocery shopping (and putting away) on a good day, much less preggers and one-footed. I like the attitude though, it's DONE! Time to relax! Oh, and TELL US OUR LITTLE GIRLS NAME ALREADY!!!!!!!

Nicole - Yes, things do tend to work out. I think that it's nice that DD feels like she can talk to you, I'm sure she doesn't want to dissappoint you guys. The job offer sounds interesting - do you think she'd like that?

OK, crazy chickie here just signed up for THREE masters classes for the spring. I'm insane. Certifiable. But, I want to get this done before I'm 110.

BarbaraB 01-09-2009 02:18 PM

Nicole, I'm sure that Emily is a lovely person, but still going through the normal development of a teenager. I found the research that they have done on the brain functioning of teenagers to be fascinating. They react with their primitive brains first, so first there will be much emotion, and maybe some thought later. As a loving parent, all the emotion is hard to deal with, when it is often out of porportion to that which has occurred... I'm sure that you can reach whatever logic centers are still functioning there with Emily, and that in the end you will come to a compromise that is livable for all. I wouldn't make any serious decisions right now, perhaps she should just apply to several schools. See what kind of financial support she can get first. Now is the time to be doing that. You can at least help her by gathering your financial data so she can attempt to prove her need and get aide. Once you get back the financial aide packages from several places, then the way to go might become clearer. If she has applied, then her options to go different ways will be open.

Katie, So sorry to hear that your DH lost his job. Actually getting out of the house and working for a few days might lift his spirits. I don't know if he is the sort prone to worry and depression, but losing your job can take the wind out of anyone's sails.

Amy, 5 miles is a long ways! How did you feel about your first hearings besides nervous? Was it how you expected being a lawyer to be?

The flat belly diet seems to be making my belly flatter. I don't know why I find this very surprising, but I really am losing more around my middle than I normally would.

Kimphin 01-09-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraB (Post 2539794)
The flat belly diet seems to be making my belly flatter. I don't know why I find this very surprising, but I really am losing more around my middle than I normally would.

Well, at least it is truth in advertising!

I have looked into that too - seems like a very logical plan. Keep up the good work!

jewljz 01-09-2009 02:23 PM

Ok Barbara - I'm sold - how do you do the flat belly diet?

Kim - on the master's classes, please talk me out of it! I have 2 down and have to take my gmat to continue, but have been dragging my feet...