3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Losers and Friends - Jan 5 - Jan 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/160380-losers-friends-jan-5-jan-11-a.html)

Kimphin 01-08-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sige (Post 2532609)
<--------is wondering how much her gallbladder weighs and when they take it out on Friday will it still count as *weight* lost? :dizzy:

LOL, that's exactly what I wanted to know when I got mine out! Sadly, it is a small organ. Probably only a few ounces.

Good Luck!

Kimphin 01-08-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraB (Post 2534784)
Jillian, How sweet you are to miss your DH so acutely. Young love.... I suppose after a couple of decades of marriage and after your kids are grown and gone from the house, it is somehow easier to say, yeah go ahead and go and do that..... and secretly set the thermostat higher, hog the remote and the bed and just leave the dishes in the sink all night long when he is gone (my DH can not rest if he knows there is anything in the sink, I on the other hand can sleep with dishes in the bed) So I enjoy my time to be myself. I can remember when we were apart and it was a misery though..... I just came to appreciate the time to be by myself more as I aged though.

Oh, Barbara - you make me laugh! (esp the part about sleeping with the dishes in the bed):D

I too, love it when DH goes away. Bed and pillows all to myself! But, I can sympathize with Jillian, beacuse I don't know how I'd feel if DH were gone for long stretches of time. It has to be hard.

Kimphin 01-08-2009 09:30 AM

Jillian - Broken toes suck. It just sucks because there is nothing that can be done for it. DH has broken his pinky toe so many times that we say that they just grow back like crab claws. I really hope your week starts to improve!

Nicole - Yeah, this is a tough one. Part of you wants DD to chase her dreams, but another part wants her to take the responsibility for her actions. I know that you and DH said that you would support her, and you really have, but to what end? I agree with Lettie - give DD a choice, and make her decide what is best for her daughter. Is there a special reason that she wants to go to Wisconsin? I do like that she wants to go to college, though. She has goals for the future.

I cried during TBL too. The white team guy (Jerry) reminds me a lot of my dad (although Dad was not 300lbs) so, I cried during that whole thing. I laughed at the intro, though, where Bob and Jillian were yelling at us to put down the ice cream and DO something! I was glad that I was drinking water and not something else so I didn't have to feel guilty, LOL. I think it sucks that 1/2 got sent home, but I guess that 5 of them will be back in a month.

Trainer killed me yesterday. Ugh. Can't wait for that pain to set in in about 8 hours. She was impressed with my form though, so it felt good to hear that as I was crumpled in a heap on the floor, panting.

3 days POP! Woo hoo! We are going out to dinner tonight, so I'm worried, but I have looked at the menu ahead of time and chosed what I am getting.

Repo girl 01-08-2009 10:00 AM

Kristin- Oh, so sorry about your grandfather.

Nicole- Hmmmm, wow. That tough. I have total faith in you that you will do the best for all involved though. On one hand, it is awesome that she wants to go to college. I have had many young, single daycare moms through the years that have no ambition at all, work minimum wage jobs, and live on welfare with no end in sight. So, in that way, it is a good sign to me. Especially because this is the same kid that you had to beat out of bed with a stick to go to school for a long time. If I were you, I would consider asking Em if what she is really wanting is for you and DH to adpot Maria.

So, I weighed today. My god. 237 lbs. My highest non pregnancy weight ever. I am done with this today. I HAVE to get a hold of this weight right now!

jewljz 01-08-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimphin (Post 2536573)
3 days POP! Woo hoo! We are going out to dinner tonight, so I'm worried, but I have looked at the menu ahead of time and chosed what I am getting.

Kim - so proud of you! That is really key - to know what you are going to eat before the time comes - I always know in advance what I will order and I don't go anywhere I don't know what they serve!

amylou7777 01-08-2009 10:30 AM

Quick drive by before I head to work...

KIM you lost 6lbs already???!

Kristin-I'm so sorry for you loss. Good for you for caring so much about BF's son. Setting him on the right path now will only save him from years of struggles. I was 10 when I started getting "chubby" and it's been 15yrs of being the fat girl. That ends this year!

Katie-I know that the new number can seem frightening (I was down to 238 and had to change my ticker) but it's reality and you are definitely strong enough to handle it. Get that ticker up and do this!

Julie-I'm so envious of your ticker! You have really done great...I know you are going to get those last 8 off!

Sige 01-08-2009 10:31 AM

237 was my magic number...Katie, you can do this!

Dan2112 01-08-2009 10:41 AM

Hey gang..

Back from my one day road trip and I'm glad to admit I was pretty good.. Instead of taking the easy road and grabbing some snacks when I filled up (as I've started doing again when I go on road trips, sadly), I took a baggie of carrot and celery sticks and had a big salad for lunch when all around me were eating mexican combo plates.

Sadly, little move on the scale.. I figured I'd show a little water loss at least, since I've been POP for two days..

I think my trouble is that while I'm not eating crap, I'm eating what was should be eating for maintenance rather than weight loss... I gotta go dig up my plan guides (from whatever darkened drawer they're in) and figure out what I need to do.

I'm going carb (bread type) free today and will be focusing on lean proteins and veggies to see if that helps..

Suggestions would be appreciated..

amylou7777 01-08-2009 10:50 AM

Dan-I know that when I consistently choose all high fiber foods in addition to being POP-I generally see a loss. Fiber one cereal, apples, dark green veggies and my fiber supp.

I've also been trying to eat a larger lunch bc that is when I am the most hungry. I've been eating really small dinners and that has helped me tremendously. But, you know as well as anyone that sometimes the scale holds out on ya and then boom-a nice big loss. Hang in there!

jewljz 01-08-2009 10:55 AM

Nicole – what a dilemma! I personally would want to encourage your daughter to face her responsibilities and to learn a very important lesson about life – gone are the days when you can focus fully on one specific thing. The other thing I would want her to learn is that she can’t run anytime there is a problem. I was not faced with obstacles when I was college age, other than my own lack of ambition. It wasn’t until I had my oldest DS and he was 3 or 4 that I decided to go back to school, yeah it was hard and it took me longer and I had to study while everyone was asleep, but it was my goal and I finished it… It can be done.

Now the other side to this story is that you can’t force someone into something that they do not want. I have a SIL that recently had twins and got divorced, she needed so much help and the family was so resistant to help because she was not helping herself, all she wanted to do was sleep. They held this “tough love” attitude until it was apparent that she had a drug problem and was not caring for her children properly… had they just pitched in a little more, perhaps it would not have gotten to that point.

I hope everything works out for you, your DD, and baby Maria!

Repo girl 01-08-2009 10:56 AM

Okay, my new ticker is up. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Mary- How did your first day back on plan go?

Dan- You are my hero, man. Catching a little gain and getting it under control........wish I would have done that.

Hoochie 01-08-2009 11:18 AM

Kristinx- So sorry to hear about your Grandfather!

Jillian- I feel so bad for you. I went thru huge emotions with my second child and when bad days hit, I remember just crying. There wasn't anything that anybody could say to help me. Crazy emotions when your pregnant hey!

I too am having a few bad days. Yesterday I found out that my Grandmas kidneys have stopped so they have given her a day to 3 days to live. Is tough! I left work early yesterday to get a new hairdo and I don't know what I was thinking but its really short now and the colors are so dark and a little blotchy. I felt like crying this morning when I couldn't do my hair, how pathetic eh!! I know its just hair and it will grow back but aghhh!!!!
The only good thing this week is that I have been sticking to eating healthy and I am feeling so good. Tonight I am going to do a good workout and takeout all my bad hair emotions!!

dawn78 01-08-2009 11:21 AM

Mary – the kids are good, but boy is my little girl naughty! DS was never like this. With Noelle it’s like she hit the terrible two's when she was about 10 months old and she’ll first be 2 on Valentine’s day!

Nicole – that’s a tough one! Like everyone else said, it’s great that she wants to go onto college and better her future, but how could she just leave her baby behind. I agree with Letti, I think she needs to pick or come to a compromise and go to college closer to home. Would you and your DH consider adopting Maria? Maybe that’s what DD wants?? Is her boyfriend still in the picture? How do you feel about DD taking Maria with her to college in Wisconsin? I think that would be hard on you as well, being you’re such a big part of Maria’s life right now. I don’t know your daughter or what her lifestyle is like, but as we all know, college can present you with many challenges and put you in tough predicaments and putting a baby into the mix would be very worrisome IMO. Did that make any sense?? Where I’m getting to is college can turn into one big party, at least temporarily, and I wouldn’t want to have to worry about a baby’s safety in the “college” life. At least if she would go to college closer to home you could still be active in Maria’s daily life, or it would be easier. Where in Wisconsin does DD want to go?

Mama Nicole 01-08-2009 11:41 AM

Katie.........the big numbers suck a little, don't they? I feel ya.....I am up to, or was anyway on monday to 232.4. My altime highest ever.......I never even got this fat while pregnant. But, we have to know where we are in order to get it together.......so a lot of us had to face the evil sclae in order to push on. It's all good now. I have been very good this week, and I have every intention of winning the race to 20.

As far as DD goes.........she wants me and DH to get gaurdianship of the baby. My concern is her heart more than anything. Noone can force a person to grow up before they are ready. If having this baby was going to mature her, and seven months later she is still struggling with this......I just don't know. I know she loves Maria......but she sometimes seems somewhat detatched. And my other concern is Maria's well being. I don't want her to suffer while her mom finds her way. Yes, I know many children have to suffer their parent's mistakes.......but really should they have to if there is help? I just don't know. Also.......I have to believe that DD is attempting to be somewhat responsible by planning for their future. Sometimes we know our limits, and I have to give her credit for taking the time to consider that she may not beable to handle single motherhood and college. She wants to go to Wisconsin cuz that is where she grew up. We have only been in STL for the last 4 years or so. She wants to go home. All of her friends and family are there.....and she is lonely. Also........ I have to consider the rest of my family Heck, I don't know. I just know that like Julie said, tough love isn't always the right answer, and I just want them to be ok. I also khow as I was a single mom who did do all of the responsible things, like work, go to school, and pretty much take on whatever life threw at me......that eventually you have to go through all the normal stages of maturity. I didn't go through a lot of things normal 20 year olds go through until I was almost 30. Being a single mom means you don't get breaks......you don't get to go out with friends, somehow society expects you to go above and beyond.......do more than the average married mom. And it is an impossible standard to live up to. Eventually, you crack to some extent. I know I cannot shelter DD from the way the world works.......but I sure want to help her in any way I can while she enters adulthood with her baby. Also......many girls give their babies up for adoption to pursue exactly what DD wants to. My DD just happens to be honest to a higher degree than most....lol. . I am sorry for the counseling session I have not paid for.....:)

Ok, anyway........day three of POP. How are the rest of you surviving? One day at a time....and for those of us with a lot to lose........next year this time, we will be inspiring the newbies to push on :)
XOXO

jewljz 01-08-2009 11:46 AM

Jillian - So sorry its raining on you - maybe a good soak in the tub would help... that's what I do when i'm feeling defeated... things will get better!

Dan - make sure you're getting your water in and try to eat your last meal early in the evening - these seem to always help me in showing a loss.

Amy - thanks for being envious - it keeps me motivated!

everyone else that I missed - hope you are having a great day today!

I did workout #2 of 4 last night and have my gym bag again today! Day 2 of takeoff was almost a complete joke... I drank the juice, but I'm not sure what good I did with everything else that I ate! Back to plan today... I think my mindset is just not there for takeoff and it tends to make me feel too restricted and then I want to GO CRAZY! I'm doing fine today, back in my groove... I would reeeeeeaaaaalllllly like to be 132 by monday! and out of the 130's by the end of January! I'm hoping GOAL will be everything that I want it to be... I'm pretty ok with most of my body, the only part that really bugs me is the top part of my belly and a little bit of back fat... I sure hope that the 8lbs comes off in exactly those places!