3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Losers and Friends - Jan 5 - Jan 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/160380-losers-friends-jan-5-jan-11-a.html)

zambejaly5 01-05-2009 09:17 AM

Losers and Friends - Jan 5 - Jan 11

Ok, where is everybody? Get up people. Lets get at this stuff.

Dan2112 01-05-2009 10:06 AM

Right behind you boss!! Now that the holiday are officially out of the way (sniff!), there are no longer any good excuses..

I even went out and bought some bike pants this weekend so I won't have an excuse not to get out there and hit the trails while the weather is cold!

JerseyMadchen 01-05-2009 10:15 AM

Hey guys!

I feel like absolute crap today. I have a nasty cold passed on to me by my DH! I think I slept about 4 hours last night.

Nothing going on today. Have to go to school to take care of my bill, but that's it. My skinny mini sister wants to join a gym, so I said I would with her. Her fiance is in Iraq, so I am sure this will help with her depression!

Kimberly R- COWBOYS?!!? Well, I guess that's ok. Sorry about last week!

Have a great day!

zambejaly5 01-05-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 2528643)
Right behind you boss!! Now that the holiday are officially out of the way (sniff!), there are no longer any good excuses..

I even went out and bought some bike pants this weekend so I won't have an excuse not to get out there and hit the trails while the weather is cold!

oooo Dan in bike pants! I want Pics!!

JLem311 01-05-2009 10:41 AM

morning everyone. just thought i'd stop in and say hi.
dh has been gone since about 5am saturday morning..so i spent the weekend alone, doing absolutely nothing. it sucked.
DD went back to school today, so we got back into our daily routine. i woke up completely exhausted today too. not a good combo with a 3yr old either.

jewljz 01-05-2009 10:53 AM

Morning everyone :) I'm soooooo tired today and did not feel like coming to work AT ALL! I've been off since last Wednesday and it was a bit hard getting everyone out the door this morning, but I'm really glad to be back in a routine. I even brought my gym bag today and plan to squeeze a workout in after work. I decided that I do not need to belong to 2 gyms this year and that I need to take advantage of the fitness center that I paid for all of last year here at work and used only about 10 times! It's cheap, fully equipped, convenient, and they give you all your money back if you use it enough times... what is my problem??? So the plan is to do my cardio here at work a few times a week and to use the DVR to record some other fitness shows the other days. I need to firm up, I'm beginning to feel floppy...

Starting Take Off tomorrow, haven't done it in a month!

Hope everyone is having a great morning, I'll be back later... just too lazy right now...

amylou7777 01-05-2009 11:34 AM

Happy Monday all!

I had a pretty good weekend. Got some exercise in and even made it to the gym yesterday with DF. Whew-I've got to get back into some sort of shape.

I saw that Kimberly came out and mentioned that she joined WW, so I figured I might as well come out of the bag and let you all know that I am also doing WW online. I haven't been to any meetings yet, but I've really enjoyed the online site and have been learning the point system etc. I was very hesitant, as I completely believed in LAWL's principals etc, but I think my brain just needed a restart. I'll keep you posted, but so far-so good.

Jillian-hang in there girl!

Amy-hope you feel better soon!! Once you are well, get to that gym-it really is amazing how great you feel after.

Hi Lettie and Dan!

Julie-WOW. You have lost a lot of weight girl! You are so, so close! GL with t/o.

Off to work! My scale is showing a loss from last week, but my "official w/i" is tomorrow so I'm motivated to make good choices today!

Dan2112 01-05-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zambejaly5 (Post 2528700)
oooo Dan in bike pants! I want Pics!!

Yeah, well considering how uproariously Liz was laughing at me when I tried them on, I wouldn't hold your breath!

Sige 01-05-2009 12:25 PM

Dan, you crack me up!

I am very excited...I haven't gone to my COD for 3 weeks (over the holidays) and finally went to weigh in today and see the damage...I'm DOWN a pound. How the heck did that happen???

Hello to everyone...it's a NEW YEAR!!! Let's do it!

JerseyMadchen 01-05-2009 12:34 PM

Amylou- I too am online! We can do this. I thought the same thing. I just needed something new. I have a few cookbooks and such, and I love to cook, so I am thinking this will be fun.

Hope you guys are having a great day!

BarbaraB 01-05-2009 12:48 PM

Amy (s), Better to sign up for WW and keep working on it, than to do nothing and regret it later. LAWL is an excellent program, but their doors are not open in a lot of places anymore, so if you want/need the extra support of a program, WW seems like a good choice to me. Especially if you try to take whatever you learned from LAWL and apply it there too.

Dan, Hey my profile picture is in bike pants, and no I guess they are not overly flattering on anyone.... LOL... I need a new picture...

Got a meeting better run

AngieH75 01-05-2009 01:22 PM

Morning/Afternoon everyone,

I've been absent for a while, fell off the wagon, but am re-dedicated today. I'm doing take off today and tomorrow and will then be OP. I want to lose 15 pounds by my birthday in April, a do-able goal I think.

The holidays around our house were - challenging. My boyfriend had a 10 year old choco lab that we put to sleep on New Year's eve. We found out about the mass on his spleen on X-mas eve.
I never thought it would be as hard as it was, I only knew Andy (the lab) for the last two years, but if you're like us, your dog is your child. It's horrible when they can't tell you what they want. You have to hope and pray that you made the right choice, for them not for yourself. :(

So with all that going on for a week, I kept myself going mostly on sugar and not so healthy carbs. And my scale and clothing have paid the price. So back onto the wagon I climb!!

Have a great day, chat with you all soon!

cecil 01-05-2009 01:28 PM

Hi All!

Lettie, Nice to see you up early and motivating! Hope you had a great weekend!

Dan, Bike pants that does sound like something I would like to see! HA!

Amy, Hope you feel better! Good luck with the new gym membership! I love mine!

Jillian, hope the week gets better as you go!

Julie, that is what I do too, I bring my gym stuff with to work and change when I am done. It really helps!

Amylou, Love the positive attitude! Sooo excited for the challenge! We can do this!

Soooo this weekend I got a post card from LA and they said that I can come back for free to have my lost weeks? I am not sure what they are talking about but if it’s free I think I should take advantage. Has this happened to anyone else?

I hope you all have a great Monday!

zambejaly5 01-05-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecil (Post 2529254)
....Soooo this weekend I got a post card from LA and they said that I can come back for free to have my lost weeks? I am not sure what they are talking about but if it’s free I think I should take advantage. Has this happened to anyone else? ......

Basically they are trying to get you back in their doors first of all, then once you are there, they might try to talk you into buying more than just the "free"weeks that they want to give back to you. but most of all they want you in there to try to sell you more bars and products. so just keep all that in mind when you go. and keep your eyes wide open.

Kimphin 01-05-2009 02:14 PM

Darn - just typed a book and lost it!

Starting over...

Glad that we are all charging ahead into the New Year! It's good to hear everyone's plans.

I too brought my gym stuff to work - and will be stopping on my way home. I've been making it to the gym 2x week during the holidays, but want to up that to at least 4x. I figure once with the trainer, once on my own and 2x at classes, or a mix of stuff. I'm so happy to be back at a gym, you'd think I was a gym bunny.

Amy/Amy/Kimberly - Good luck on WW. I've done the online thing, and it's pretty good. I do have to say that I think our online community is better than theirs (I am sooo biased though!) With LAWL going the way of the dinosaur and the 8track tape, I guess it is inevitable that more and more of us move on. Glad you are still on here, though - keep us up on how you're doing!

Sige - it always seems that when you dread the results the most, it is not as bad as you've imagined! Great job on the loss.

Dan - bike shorts are evil. As if spandex isn't bad enough, then they add that (necessary, but still...) padded butt thing! Oh the horror. Glad Liz had a laugh.

Cecilia - I used to get those postcards every now and then when my center was open. Go for it, there's no catch, they just try to sell you supplements and stuff ("to help you succeed this time..."). If you say no I just want my weeks, there's nothing they can do but give them to you.

Kimphin 01-05-2009 02:15 PM

Oops - Lettie beat me to it!

Mama Nicole 01-05-2009 02:29 PM

My entire post disappeared too.

So, let me just say, hello everyone :)

I am going to try to be good now. My attitude is better, and I have great plans. I am tired of typing, so I will fill you in later :) :lol:

But I have to say.......Jillian.......you look sooo adorable :) I miss being pregnant sometimes. I just can't wait to see pictures of this lttile one :)

Ok, have to go check out Lettie's race to 20 thread now :)
XOXO

Dan2112 01-05-2009 05:13 PM

Yeah, trying on those pants were weird.. Specially the padding in the seat.. But that's a necessary evil, considering how sore you can get after 20+ miles. OUCH!!

Ok.. Maybe if I make my race to 20 goal I'll post a picture of me riding... LOL

jewljz 01-05-2009 06:04 PM

Dan - some things are better left to the imagination... lol!

ljackson 01-05-2009 06:41 PM

hi all! many of you may not remember me, I was on Lawl a few years back and lost 28 pounds, I posted on this site once in a while. A few of you are still here. Ironically my last login was 1/5/08!
Well, I unfortuantely gained it all back plus an extra 19 pounds! But I am recommiting this year. Although LAWL was not a complete success for me it is the best I have ever done on a "life style" change so I am going to try it again. I have been very controlled with my eating the past 5 days and have worked out 4 out of the last 5 days as well.
I may not have as much to say as all of you, but know I will be out here "lurking" and working hard.

P.S. ignore my ticker down there, I can not bear to put up the real numbers. This make me real sad seeing where I was

cecil 01-05-2009 07:04 PM

Welcome back ljackson! A new year a new plan!

Joni135 01-05-2009 10:01 PM

Hi PostLoser Nicole and everyone else..I had to chuckle about the whole bike short thing with Dan. I did a cycling class at the gym tonight and realized way too late that I FORGOT to wear bike shorts...even with all my natural padding I am going to be sore tomorrow. It was the toughest workout I've done in a long time, but I feel great right now.

Even though I'm not going LAWL, I tend to really just like this group of folks...guess you can say we have our own little cult here. I'm counting cals and exercising and hoping this works....I'm going to see what the 20 thingie is!

WithFaith50 01-06-2009 12:28 AM

Hello All. Just popping in to touch base. I'm trying to "immerse" myself in the Express plan literature. I want to get to a point where I can say that I had a POP (perfect on plan) day. I'm having problems getting all of the servings in (veggies & fruit mostly) and spacing meals. I guess I need need to create a two-week menu plan instead of eating on the fly.

Have a great day! :)

Kimphin 01-06-2009 09:07 AM

Morning all!

Was 100% POP yesterday(that's redundant, I think). First in a long time, and it was OK. It's good for me to realize that it's not a terrible thing and that I don't really 'need' the other junk. Of course, it also helped that I worked out and went home and cleaned carpets and then was in bed by 9:30! Didn't give me a lot of time to get into trouble, LOL.

Welcome back LJackson - back on the wagon with the rest of us!

Have a great day.

jewljz 01-06-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WithFaith50 (Post 2530902)
I'm having problems getting all of the servings in (veggies & fruit mostly) and spacing meals.

I always keep low sodium v8 juice and pre-cut apples in the fridge for those types of emergencies - both are easy to grab and go and the v8 cans are so tiny and easy to chug! I am just careful about the v8's so as not to make it an everyday habit... fresh is better. I just remembered also - v8 fusion counts as a serving of each - 8 oz = 1 fruit & 1 veggie.

Kristinx 01-06-2009 09:53 AM

I was wondering about V8 Fusion and if it counts as servings. Thought it might contain too much sugar to count it. Maybe if used everyday...But I suppose if it's an occasional thing to get those servings in it's probably okay right?

Dan2112 01-06-2009 09:57 AM

Just remember that like regular V8, the Fusion isn't to be used as an everyday thing to get your servings in, especially since technically speaking, it's made from concentrate and has a higher sugar content.

zambejaly5 01-06-2009 10:39 AM

ok, tuesdays are WI days for me. I have lost all my holiday fluff and a little more. bringing me to 177. Which also puts me 3 lbs into my race to 20! woohoo! I will take it.

Dan2112 01-06-2009 10:46 AM

Nice job Lettie!! I did my first WI this morning and i'm embarrassed to say I'm at 212... But I guess admitting it is the first step...

jewljz 01-06-2009 10:46 AM

Day 1 of Take off for me - I don't know why I'm dreading this, it really is not that bad! Just to take the edge off - I'm doing it with the bars... wish me luck!

dawn78 01-06-2009 10:54 AM

Lettie - are you still doing LAWL or NutriSystem? I'm sure you already mentioned this, but I must have missed it!

Joni135 01-06-2009 11:46 AM

Dawn - too funny - I just sent Lettie an IM asking her the same thing....
After last night's RPM (cycling class), I'm down 1.5 lbs (that's since Sunday). I'll take it...
Anyone going to watch TBL tonight? I'm a sucker for that show....I plan to watch it while on my treadmill! Maybe that will motivate me to up my speed and my incline!

amylou7777 01-06-2009 12:01 PM

Yes! I can't wait for TBL. I've been watching teasers on youtube. That show definitely motivates me if I watch it every week. I wish I had a treadmill, but I think I'll try Kim's commercial exercises that she posted in the vday challenge.

I just walked another 2miles with Leslie which puts me at 10 miles. My goal was 12 by friday so looks like I'll surpass! It took me a while to finally put my shoes on and do it, but having this mini goal is really helping.

2lbs lost Joni-that's great!! Did you come up with a team name for your hometown challenge?

Glad to have Nicole back!! How were your holidays my dear?

I got some great news at work yesterday! I am still in shock that they offered me this opportunity, but I'm more than happy to take it. I was feeling a little stressed and worried about $ and such on Sunday, and on Monday I felt like my prayers were answered with this new offer. It's been a great year so far!

Hope you guys are having a great week. If you haven't gotten any exercise in a while, get movin! It really is amazing what 15 min of sweat can do for you. Set a little goal for yourself and get up from your computer and do it!

amylou7777 01-06-2009 12:06 PM

I just went back in the threads and realized I missed the end of page 1.

Angie-WELCOME!! Congrats on making the decision to re-dedicate yourself. I can only imagine how hard it is for you and your bf to lose your baby dog! Believe me, I know what it's like to have a dog that is your child, so thoughts are with you. Don't turn to food, turn to journaling your meals and getting on here for support!

Cecil-thank you!!

Kimphin-yes, so far so good on WW. And I haven't even looked at their online community, I could never imagine finding a group as great as this!

Kimphin 01-06-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngieH75 (Post 2529239)
Morning/Afternoon everyone,

I've been absent for a while, fell off the wagon, but am re-dedicated today. I'm doing take off today and tomorrow and will then be OP. I want to lose 15 pounds by my birthday in April, a do-able goal I think.

The holidays around our house were - challenging. My boyfriend had a 10 year old choco lab that we put to sleep on New Year's eve. We found out about the mass on his spleen on X-mas eve.
I never thought it would be as hard as it was, I only knew Andy (the lab) for the last two years, but if you're like us, your dog is your child. It's horrible when they can't tell you what they want. You have to hope and pray that you made the right choice, for them not for yourself. :(

So with all that going on for a week, I kept myself going mostly on sugar and not so healthy carbs. And my scale and clothing have paid the price. So back onto the wagon I climb!!

Have a great day, chat with you all soon!

Oh, Angie - I missed your post too. I am soo sorry about your Lab - I hate it when my dog is acting differently and I can't figure out what's wrong - so I can only imagine how you both felt over Christmas.

Kimphin 01-06-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni135 (Post 2531653)
Dawn - too funny - I just sent Lettie an IM asking her the same thing....
After last night's RPM (cycling class), I'm down 1.5 lbs (that's since Sunday). I'll take it...
Anyone going to watch TBL tonight? I'm a sucker for that show....I plan to watch it while on my treadmill! Maybe that will motivate me to up my speed and my incline!

Joni- Les Mills RPM? That's what they have at my gym too - and it petrifies me. I keep "accidenty" missing the mandatory introductory session. The appeal of 400,000 calories burned in an hour is apparently outweighed by the potential for sheer mortification.

So, that said, how is it?

Oh, and I'll be watching TBL, and TiVOing the National Body Challenge, and then watching the TiVo'd version of DieTribe from last night. DH will want to put a bullet in his head by 11:00PM.

Hoochie 01-06-2009 12:34 PM

Just thought I'd check in as its been a while. December was a killer. I went on a cruise for a week and then came home to Christmas functions. I am not sure if it was the food or the drinks that did me in. I enjoyed myself immensely and was a little worried to step on the scale January 1rst. To my surprise, i was only up 2 pounds! yippy!
My husband bought me a workout set for Christmas so I have begun my New Years resolution and I think with the support of this group, i can do it!!!!!
I now have my treadmill and my home gym so I am going to try rotating my exercises. Its been really nice to have my hubby or son work out with me. They really push me which is excellent.
Well I have set a goal to lose 4 pounds this month, one a week. I need to start my year being realistic.
For those of you on WW, my neighbor lost 50 pounds on Weightwatchers this year and she looks fantastic. I have heard good things about it. I am not going to LAWL centre anymore but I am going to try and stick to their program. Gotta run..talk to you soon. Nice to see everyone again!

Joan

JLem311 01-06-2009 12:43 PM

hey everyone. yesterday was absolutely horrible for me. i don't even want to get into it either. it just sucked so bad. there was lots of tears that's for sure.
not sure how much better today is..we'll see later i suppose.

glad to hear that everyone is in good spirits and doing well!

JLem311 01-06-2009 12:45 PM

oh and nicole--thanks for the compliment. i still feel like a huge cow. but a few people in person have commented on how "cute" i look pregnant. funny, i never got those comments last two times..but that's probably because i was double my size then. ha. anyways..just thought i'd say thanks. it makes me think that i actually do look semi-decent, even though i don't feel like i do. :)

BarbaraB 01-06-2009 12:55 PM

Kim, I love all the diet shows. I really enjoy that Ruby show, I don't know if anyone else has caught it. I saw an ad for Diet Tribe and was thinking it looked good too. I can feel you being at one with your POPness from here.

Joni, I bought a gel seat to put on the bike, so I can wear whatever and still be comfortable. I highly recommend getting one. They are not too expensive, but it makes a big difference for me to use one. How is RPM different than spin? They don't have the RPM at my gym, just what they call "reaction cycling" which is just a spin class.

Lettie, 3 pounds already? Wow you are really shrinking lately.

Dan, I'm sure you'll soon be giving Lettie a challenge. My scale has crept up too, and I just am not going to let it defeat me.

I'm trying something a little different, the flat belly diet. It is really more or less calorie counting with 3 meals of 400 calories each and a snack with the same for 1600 calories a day. Plus you are supposed to get some good fat with each of these meals, so it is a lot more fat than LAWL. So far I feel really good, and it is a break from the bars, as after two and a half years, I needed a break. I still think I'll go back to LAWL in a few weeks, this is just a change to see if it helps flatten my belly and gets me back on track... Plus I have to pay a lot more attention to what I'm eating if I'm calorie counting, as I'd gotten to sloppy.