Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #61  

I don't know much about Beck diet solution but I think it uses a lot of IE principles. Quite a few of the diets are getting on the IE bandwagon. Even Bob Green who manages Oprah's diet had an article on it not long ago. It does make sense........eat when you're hungry......stop when you're not.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #62  

Height: 5'4"

Hmm, it's interesting to me that Bob Greene is promoting Intuitive Eating. I think he thought his plan was IE, but I didn't experience it as IE at all. For example, he is all about the eating cut-off time. That is very anti-IE, IMO. I think there are some aspects of his plan that may qualify though. For example, the first stage of his plan is very intuitive as I recall, and he de-emphasizes calorie counting quite a bit.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #63  

Hi Amy. On Wed. I take fosomax and of course you can't eat for half an hour. Why is it I always wake up so hungry on Wed.? Must be a psychological thing. So I came here to post to use up some time. Amazing how it can take your mind off your stomach. So if nothing else, that' what 3FC can do for you. I think I've been eating a little too much lately but weight isn't changing.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:47 PM   #64  

Oh boy, work sucked today and my poor officemate is being treated like a puppet. And we all had to go to lunch together at Chili's and pretend to like each other. I think I did a pretty good job with IE at least!

Wish me luck, I have a job interview tomorrow. I know most of the people I'll be interviewing with (it's a 3 hour long process!) which makes it easier in some respects but harder in others. But man, if I get offered the job I will take it in a minute and leave this place with no more than two weeks' notice.
It's a bad bad place and bad things happen here.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #65  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Good luck Amy! A toxic work environment is not good for your health so hopefully you can get out of there. A 3 hour long process--oh my.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #66  

Praying that you'll get the new job, Amy. I'm a stay at home mom so never had to deal with that......just the 10 kids. ha!
Old 04-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #67  

Ha Carol, I think your job is the hardest of all! I couldn't handle two kids. Well, the interview process is over and I've gotten a little feedback through a spy friend. They are interviewing about 4 people and I'll hear next week probably. I hate waiting, but I guess that's all there is left for me to do. Thanks for your support!

I'll try to get more on topic now. I'm still reading Mindless Eating, it's very good. I'm planning on re-watching parts of Paul McKenna over the weekend as I aim to get my Intuitive Eating butt back into gear!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #68  

I'm having a hard time trying to decide what to eat lately. I get in a rut and eat the same thing for breakfast for a week and then nothing sounds good. But I'm really hungry so must eat. Maybe I should make a list of things I like. ha! We had a chuck roast last night and it was just too rich for me. Paid with a stomach ache for part of the night. I have a nice cookbook with lower fat recipes. Guess I'll check it out. My FIL left today after a 2 week stay so I was probably cooking more for that reason. Weight is staying the same so that's good.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #69  
My Evolution

I agree with you Carol. My problem right now is not knowing what I want to eat then being forced to settle. I really gotta work on keeping a good variety in here or I get bored or even worse start eating fast food. Which is fine every now and then because sometimes you just want that cheeseburger but I don't want to eat just because I don't know what I want. Well tonight I do. I am making corn casserole.

Last edited by Shay; 04-25-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #70  

I've just been rereading Bob Schwartz's book Diets Still Don't Work. He says that people who have lost weight are often obsessed with dieting and exercise and compares it to keeping a beach ball under water while trying to swim. I thought that was interesting. Lately I lost another 5 or so pounds and was surprised by that. I don't think I'm doing anything different. But is was a good surprise.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:52 AM   #71  

Hi carol. good for you what a good loss. glad everyone is doing so well. going good here to. those scales are moving downward so that is good. been wanting something and no idea what. ha ha i just get in rut to.. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #72  

Hello! Thanks for sharing that analogy, Carol. That is very interesting. I think the fact that I lost a lot of weight about 7 years ago and kept it off for a long time has played some interesting games with my mind. I KNOW I can do it because I did it before. I KNOW I learned to just eat food and not eat too much, because it's just food. (Funny, it started out as a diet and I unknowingly learned IE). But it's also hard to know that I'm not able to get myself together enough to actually do it. I try not to be too hard on myself because my life is so different now than when it was then. It's just that I had a taste of what it was like to lose weight and how good that felt. I don't know, I guess I'm still sorting through a lot of thoughts.

Anyway, one observation I have from eating this weekend is that I know I'm not savoring my food enough when I barely chew and have to swallow hard. I don't know why I eat like that sometimes, I guess I'm in a hurry or something. But if I'm eating and notice that I am literally gulping my food down, that's become a cue for me to SLOW DOWN. That is not a pleasant feeling at all and there's no reason for me to feel like that. I think it's progress that I'm noticing that feeling, because I'm sure gulping food down is not a new development.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #73  
My Evolution

Congrats on the weight loss Carol.

Amy--I think because we are eating consciously (sp?) we will learn more and more about ourselves. Matter of fact I have been saying for years that I don't like orange juice, coconut, or chocolate without peanut butter. What I have learned is I do really, really like pure non processed 100% orange juice. I love coconut sorbet. And its milk chocolate I don't like--too rich & sweet--but I can deal with dark chocolate. I am loving this.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone!

I was recently given the book 'Intuitive Eating' and I knew there was a thread for it somewhere on 3FC! I am going to start reading it tonight but I just wanted to pop in and say hello
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #75  

Rocknroll, There are lots of good books on IE. I'm reading an old one right now.....Bob Schwart's book Diets Still Don't Work. I have been searching for a website for him but can't find one. Anyone know of one?