Old 11-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #76  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Does anybody know if jokes are allowed on this forum? I received some good ones today in my email about marriage and I am sure you would enjoy them, but I don't want to over step the rules. I have never seen any posted, so I am guessing not.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #77  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Hey all! Sounds like everyone is having a good day.

Lettie - Congrats on staying on TO without a cheat. I bought the stuff I needed for TO last night and am planning on doing it next Mon / Tues. I'm up for the challenge today and so far so good, except for water intake and that is easy enough to correct

Nicole - congrats on your POP day yesterday.

SScott - great job resisting the doughnuts!

KimberlyR - your thanksgiving get away sounds great, they should have the holiday lights up by then - actually they are probably already up.

Kim2 - wow I'm impressed with your hike...I've not done that since high school, or was it middle school?

Katie - interesting point about the cravings after you got more starches on the numbered plans. I've noticed I tend to want to nibble much more than when I was on the purple plan. I was chalking it up to just getting bored iwth my plan and not varying things the way I should but what you said makes sense..... maybe I should cut out the extra starch I have now??? On purple I was having some 3lb per week losses and since changing the most I've lost in 1 week is 1 1/2. Any others have thoughts?

Amy - not sure about jokes on the forum but if allowed I would enjoy a good laugh

Well better get back to work. Have a great rest of the day, I hope to check in this evening.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #78  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Amy - I think it's allowed. There used to be a running thread called "Funny Stuff..." where people would post their jokes.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #79  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Thanks Dawn. I think I will post the best two anyway. I laughed my head off. If only I had known these when I first got married. Here they are:

Marriage - Part I

Typical macho man married typical good-looking lady and after the
wedding, he laid down the following rules:

"I'll be home when I want, if I want and at what time I want and I
don't expect any hassle from you. I expect a great dinner to be on table
unless I tell you that I won't be home for dinner. I'll go hunting,
fishing , boozing and card-playing when I want with my old buddies and
don't you give me a hard time about it. Those are my rules. Any
comments?"

His new bride said, "No, that's fine with me. Just understand that
there will be sex here at seven o'clock every night whether you're here
or not."

(SHE'S GOOD!)

Marriage (Part II)

Husband and wife had a bitter quarrel on the day of their 40th wedding
anniversary!
The husband yells, "When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that
reads: "Here Lies My Wife - Cold As Ever "
"Yeah?" she replies. "When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that
reads: "Here Lies My Husband - Stiff At Last"

(HE ASKED FOR IT!)
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

LOL Amy, those were great. Of course the kids in my class wanted to know what was so funny since it really did make me laugh out loud!!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:25 PM   #81  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Amy - those were funny!!! Thanks for posting them. I really needed something to lighten the mood this afternoon and that did the trick.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #82  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for sharing the jokes! As you can tell I'm really bored at work (I don't usually post this much in one day) so a good laugh always helps.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #83  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Katie…..I hear you about the numbered plans. I know they are working for some people, but I, too, need things to be a bit more strict. I am a carboholic…..and I have to be VERY limited!!! I am currently on regular old purple w/ lites. Not the real lites, but you get the idea. I switch to them every now and then, but never for more than a week or two, as my tummy says, “NO NO NO.” Sometimes I just eat them anyway, cuz it pisses me off that I can’t use the tools that work so well for me. Whatever. In any case, I am sooo happy you are back!!! This place just isn’t the same without you. Here’s to your first POP day back!!!!

Kimberly………..how kind of you to go sit with your old Sunday school teacher. I’m sure her daughter really appreciates your help. Isn’t it funny how the little ones brighten everyone’s spirits. When I had only 2 or 3 kids, I used to take them everywhere. They visited many family members and friends at the hospital, and always warmed the place up.

Linda….you know….I am learning to slow down and enjoy it a bit more than I used to. DS is three now, and I am starting to feel the pangs of having to leave my nice cozy house and go out to work. I really don’t want to work. I know that sounds selfish…..but I have been raising kids for 18 years now, and by the time Andrew graduates from H.S., it will have been 33 years of raising up kids, and somehow I just feel like I should beable to retire. I know……..not in this day and age, but I can dream.

Welcome Beacon!!!

Hey Val……….good to see you!!! Look at that ticker of yours go…….

Oh, Stacie……the Golden Corral is a fat girl on a diet’s nightmare!!! You can do it. You can do it. You can do it!!!
Really though……eating before you go will definitely help you, and maybe save a vegetable or two, and a fat to have a salad if you just must have something.

Jamie…..WTG staying POP. One day at a time. I hope your WI is fab!!!

Oh, Kim #2……..hilarious justification about the Whopper Junior……..and WTG making it a junior!!! Isn’t it wonderful to do the things you never thought you would cuz you were too fat? You are very brave to make that hike……….( said the girl who is afraid of heights). I bet if was nice spending time like that with DS.

Amy……….I think a planned cheat day is A.O.K., as long as you know you can get right back on track. Sometimes I can pull that off, sometimes I can’t. I have not decided what I want to do about Thanksgiving yet………….

Hi Katy

Ok, I really need to go do my laundry. We are going to Wisconsin this weekend….actually, I think Thurs. night…..so I really need to get the stuff clean so I can pack. Keep up the good work, ladies and Dan!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

[QUOTE=aguerin;1920286 I must be the only person in this forum that is just chaulking Thanksgiving up as a day to indulge. Why not? I think that would be a nice reward say if we were to be POP from now until then. Don't you think? That helps me not to cheat to have a cheater day coming to look forward to. [/QUOTE]

nope, count me in on looking forward to Thanksgiving! I am aiming to stay POP til T-Day, and then enjoying my thanksgiving. then I am going to be POP til I leave for florida. sounds like a plan to me!!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #85  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in for the day.
we got back from chicago last night. the visit wasn't great. with the situation and all, it was terrible to see dh's dad in such pain and it was a hard visit for dh because it may have been his last goodbye to his dad. very difficult.
eating over the weekend was super terrible and somehow i managed to lose 3lbs while i was there. weird. so i'm almost back at my ticker weight.

i then fly out again on friday for my trip to see the kids. i can't wait.

so much stuff going on in my life that is overwhelmingly stressful..so i'm not doing that great. physically i'm pretty much all healed, but emotionally i'm ruined.

sorry to be such a downer, but i wanted to check in with everyone before i fly out again this week.

hope everyone has been doing well.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #86  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Jillian it is good to hear from! And please don't apologize for "being a downer". You do have major and I do mean major stuff going in your life, I just hope you know are all here for you and more than willing to "listen" when you need us to!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #87  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Jillian- I'm so sorry things have been so hard. I hope your visit with the kids brings a huge smile to your face. We are definitely here for you!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 134/120/110

Height: 5'2"

Aguerin and Lettie: I am really really looking forward to eating at Thanksgiving...which is terrible since I'm really trying to focus on changing my eating habits but I haven't been back home in months! I can already smell my mom's sausage stuffing LOL!! If I can stay POP every day until Thanksgiving, I'm going to let myself indulge...but get right back to POP on the 23rd (or the 24th because I love leftover turkey sandwiches haha)

Katie and Nicole: How are the number plans working for you? Do you think they are better/worse than the color plans? How are they different?

Jillian: I completely understand how you feel. I just lost my grandmother a few weeks ago and had a terrible time dealing with it...I definitely gained a few pounds...WTG on losing those 3 lbs though even if it wasn't in the best circumstances...I'm sorry for you and your DH's loss

Everyone else: Thanks for the welcome, you guys are great motivators!!
Beacon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:17 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, Don't worry about being a downer, I would worry about you if you pretended that everything was wonderful right now, since well, it isn't the most wonderful right now, but give it time and it will be a better time for you soon. Seeing your kids is probably the best medicine.

Dixie Amy, I think I will at least take a meal off from plan for thanksgiving. I think if I put that whole day clause in there that I might be a little too over the top (I used to always make cinnamon rolls for breakfast that had to have a ton of calories). My wedding anniversary is the Friday before, so I think I will have a meal off then too. I think I will make my DH dress up and take me somewhere. I have a dress I want to wear out somewhere, and a bit of wine and lobster and cake might be necessary to complete the day.... Lucky for me that really eating lobster and turkey, if you watch what you have with it, well it is not that bad.... OK the wine and cake... well not so good.

Second day of golden POPness! I can do this gold plan! I hope to make it POP until my anniversary and then again until Thanksgiving.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

beacon--- OH I know!! every time I say, I am going to get right back at it the day after I think of turkey sandwiches!!! but that ought to be easy to fit into plan..... it think............

as for T-Day itself. I am planning on a few stradigies.....

1. no eating between meals or BLT's only eating at the table. for 3 meals only.
2. light breakfast...... like some scrambled eggbeaters and some fruit
3. light supper........ like cup of soup or half a turkey sandwhich. not a whole second thanksgiving day meal
4. as for the meal itself..... ONE PLATE and I am going to use a devided paper plate for protion control. (did anyone see that article in the latest Womans World.... interesting!)
5. WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER
6. one dessert....... mmmmmm

I think that about covers it....

anyone else have some stradigies they want to share?
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote