Old 11-10-2007, 02:11 AM   #196  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi all!

My, my, my what a day I had! My trial is OVER! And it went really well. We didn't get the verdict but I guess that's what happens when you are forced to represent the big bad insurance company...but I feel confident about how I did. I was glad that all of my practice actually paid off and I didn't blow it! I hate trial preparation but there's nothing more exhilirating than giving an opening or cross examining a witness! So glad it is over though!

Joni-my mom sometimes calles me judging Amy (she was a big fan of that show). It was great to hear from you. I'm sure it is still very fresh to you-but I hope the pain is getting somewhat better day to day. I'm sure Emma is going through her own mourning. I will be a mess when it is Maverick's time. I don't think anyone understands how much he means to dbf and I. They really feel like they are humans after a while. I'm sure it just feels like your family is not complete without Charlie around. I'm so glad you had great vet techs no help you through this. Good luck catching up with work.

Emily-your babies are so cute! My mom just got a shi tzu a few months ago. I picked her name, Mimi and she is the sweetest little girl. My mom is totally in love.

Karen-Chloe has the sweetest little face! The dog story is SO touching. Loved it.

Shannon- good to see you back!! You can do this!! A COD right near your house?! Talk abou guilt if you don;t go in!! Just get started and it will all come back!

I still have more to go through and read-but a big HI!! To everyone else!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:19 AM   #197  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Amy-will be thinking positive thoughts and sending prayers your way until you let us know that your scan came back clean and clear!!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:59 AM   #198  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Everyone....was so busy last week at work I didn't get to check in as often as usual but had a few minutes this morning and scanned some of last weeks posts.

Felicia - so glad your meeting with the dad went well....the situations some of kids today have to deal with so young just breaks my heart....hopefully dad can make things better

Karen - great story - renews your faith in everyday people.

Joni - I hope you continue to feel better even though I know how hard it is....hopefully every day will get a little easier.

Katy - glad to see you back!

LawyertobeAmy - (stealing your name from Joni) congrats on finishing your trial.....I'm sure your mother is very proud of your accomplishments and the hard work its taken you to get here. (I was a big Judging Amy fan also, glad to see the actress on Private Practice)

Have a great weekend everyone! Whoo Hoo I have Monday off of work so I'm going to enjoy my long weekend and try not to do much but relax.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Amylou, Glad you made it through the trail.

Amy, Praying things are fine with your recheck. Let us know. I know you get uneasy evertime you go. Everytime my father has a pain, I freak out. He was in stage 4 before they figured it out.

Karen and Joni, I am praying for you guys too. Wow, I don't know how you make it through that. My dog is over 17 and she has been really ill twice. I absolutely fell apart. Second time she got sick I was working, I couldn't go to work, trying to get a dr. (hers was off), she is tempermental. Anyway she is definately my shadow. Of couse it will take years to get dog hair off of everything but she is worth it!

Well I haven't checked in for a while, been lurking and reading. Went to WI today and told her I was agravated that I was hanging out at the same weight. Didn't tell her that I munch all the time! Anyway she changed my daily menu so I need to stay POP and see if it will work. She promised 3 pounds by Saturday if I would do what she said. I am not holding my breath!

300 pounds??? Does anyone know what someone weighing 300 pounds should be on. I have a friend (male) that is trying to go by what I eat. I told him I knew he should eat more than what I am eating. So he is semi following the diet. He has lost what ever he is doing but I told him I would try to find out the exacts so if someone could PM me, I would appreciate it. Of course it would be without lights. His Dr told him to get the weight off now! He use to coach and was active now he got promoted to a desk job. (Yeh or not?) I would appreciate your help and so would he.

Have a great rest of the weekend. Stay POP till the next time.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #200  
sscott

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am having a great weekend. Knowing I don't have to work on Monday is very helpful. We got our DD assessment results back and they determined that her developmental delays are significant enough to begin in home therapy. It's been a little rough on Mom knowing how to deal with all of this. Scary to say the least, but we'll make it through!

I spent today making lefse. For those of you not from scandinavia-ville, lefse is looks similar to a flour tortilla, but it is made out of potatoes. We eat it with butter and sugar. I must confess, I have had a little of it, but not as much as I normal would have eaten. The rest is in the freezer for Christmas and Thanksgiving!

Well, I am going to get cack to watching the hockey game. I just thought I would chack in. Enjoy your weekend!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:50 PM   #201  
Amy- Red w/Lites

s-I know you are probably dissapointed in the news- but be so glad that you were proactive enough to have her tested and now she is getting the help that she needs! The help that will work! We are here for you if you need to tell us how it is going!

Lefse sounds YUMMY! I used to work at a school where 98% of the students were from Mexico-their moms would bring us homemade tortillas that we would eat with warm butter! oh man! that sounds goot. Lefse w/ sugar and butter sounds so good!

Thanks for all of your support guys! I finally had a day off today-and let me tell you it felt GOOD!

Kim-I'm going to join in on your challenge on the grandmother's house thread....I promise!
As for your friend I think he would probably be on Red 1-I'm not sure-I think they may get an extra 1/2 protein and an extra starch? Not sure where I'm pulling that from-I'm sure someone else will know!
Old 11-11-2007, 09:06 AM   #202  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Kim #3 - That's where DH and I started and our plan was (and still is) 4V, 4Fr, 4S, 2 1/2P, 2Fa, 2D. Hope that helps.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscott View Post
...I spent today making lefse. For those of you not from scandinavia-ville, lefse is looks similar to a flour tortilla, but it is made out of potatoes. We eat it with butter and sugar. I must confess, I have had a little of it, but not as much as I normal would have eaten. The rest is in the freezer for Christmas and Thanksgiving!...

OOOOOH LEFSE!!!!! YUM!!!!! we love lefse! I just bought a book for my sister for christmas that the whole book is about lefse. do you have a real lefse pan or do you just use a big reg. pan? we never put sugar on ours though just butter........ooooooh, now I want to go make some! it is not the holidays until the lefse comes out!!!

Last edited by zambejaly5; 11-11-2007 at 10:00 AM.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #204  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim0303 View Post
Karen and Joni, I am praying for you guys too. Wow, I don't know how you make it through that. My dog is over 17 and she has been really ill twice. I absolutely fell apart. Second time she got sick I was working, I couldn't go to work, trying to get a dr. (hers was off), she is tempermental. Anyway she is definately my shadow. Of couse it will take years to get dog hair off of everything but she is worth it!

Kim, thanks for praying for me ... but my dog is just fine. I was just sharing an email that I had received that I thought might have some meanin for Joni.
But I know what you mean though, I have lost a pet in the past, and it is very difficult.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

That is what I get for lurking and not reading better. But yes any type of prayer can't hurt. Glad you cleared that up for me.
Hugs
Kim
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #206  
Felicia

I'm on my way to do a portrait sitting for two little boys. We're going out to our airport. There's a big display of really old fighter jets mounted in a little park-like area. The boys have never seen the planes, so I'm hoping to get some awesome natural reaction shots when they first see them. It's a perfect overcast day for portraits. Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't start raining!! Their mom just called to ask if I thought we could still take the pics today. I told her that I would go a little early and would call her if it started raining.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #207  
sscott

Happy Sunday all!

Lettie - I have a real lefse pan. It was my grandfathers and he has since passed away so I really like being able to use it every year. My grandmother taught me how to make lefse. She was that last one in the family to make it so I figured I better learn from her while I could. It is a lot of work, but worth every minute!

Amy - I am glad you enjoyed your day off. It sounds like you are such a hard worker! Thanks for the encouragement in regards to my DD. I am sure I will lean on your guys shoulders from time to time as I go through this process. All the more reason to become a healthier mommy!

Felicia - Oh I wish you were her to take our first Christmas pictures of our DD. My DH and I were just talking about what we wanted to do for our Christmas picture. We have been holding out for some snow, but I think we need to get them done pretty quickly, snow or no snow! I just wish I had creative ideas! Enjoy your shoot!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #208  
Felicia

Sscott - Wish I was close enough. I would love to! We're shooting pictures over the Thanksgiving break of our kids for Christmas cards.

Today's shoot was a bust. 30 minutes before our session time, the bottom fell out of the clouds and the rains poured! It only lasted about 30 minutes, but that was enough to soak the area where we were going to shoot, so we're going to try again on Friday. Pooh! I already had the truck loaded with cameras, lenses, flashes, extra batteries, flash cards, strobe frame, lightspheres, and photo props. Maybe Friday will be a better day!