Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #166  
sscott

Hey all! I just wanted to check in again. I hope you guys have had a great day. My day was alright. I just finished a long assessment with my daughter. We have been concerned about her development so infant development came into the home today to assess her. We should find out the assessment results tomorrow. It sounds like she might qualify, which is a good thing and a hard thing as the mommy. I want her to have therapy if she needs it, but deep down I just want everything to be normal. I just need ot keep praying!

I went to the COD this afternoon. I wasn't planning on going and before I went I downed a ton of water, which wasn't smart. The scale was up, but only slightly. The lady was so rude to me! She told me that obviously I am stuggling and that I must do TO every 14 days if I want to see success. I haven't even been on the program for 3 weeks and I have lost 10 pounds. I don't think that is too bad, do you? Every time I go I leave feeling defeated and down. I haven't told you everything about todays trip to the COD because it would be too hard to do over a post, but trust me it was BAD! My husband wants me to call someone because he thinks that after paying so much money they can atleast be kind and encouraging! Ugh! I am so frustrated. I don't even like going in and I am supposed to go 3 times a week. I am tempted to just do it myself and weigh at home. I am sure it would be harder to stay accountable, but then I wouldn't have people telling me that "obviously you're struggling". What do you think? Any experiences similar or any advice on what to do? Thanks again for really being supportive and not pointing out all my faults.

Stacy
Old 11-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #167  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambejaly5 View Post

Nicole, we moved here to arkansas from the chicago area, we lived in bolingbrook and would go up to six flaggs alot, so I am very familure with the area you are talking about. have a safe trip!
No way!!! DH worked in Bolingbrook on Tuesday. For real. It is about 4 1/2 to 5 hours from here, and he usually doesn't do a same day trip for that far, but he only had one appointment there. Seems so silly to me, but what do I know The six flags in Gurnee is the best one I have seen so far. They have great roller coasters I was born in Highland Park, lived in Deerfield, Mundelein, and then in Kenosha. Most of my mom's family is in Kenosha. My dad also has some family out in Kenosha County. It's a small world, isn't it? Is Bolingbrook where you first started raising kids?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #168  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Stacy- I know just what you mean. DBf has suggested that I call someone as well since I have has such a bad experience with my COD. Besides the fact that my counselor acts like she could care less about how I'm doing and like she'd rather not be there, but I also think she doesn't have a clue as to what she is doing! Good luck with your daughter! I'll be praying for you!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:29 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Dinner for breakfast

Linda, I like to have dinner for breakfast as well. I like left overs best. I had left over broccoli with my Slim Down this morning! Then I had some cheese. I never feel satisfied with cereal in the morning. T
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 AM   #170  

Stacy,
Good morning.

First of all, I hope that the evaluation for your daughter brings you the answers you need. If she does need help, they say the earlier that you get help, the more difference it can make. Take care.

Then, I am sorry that your experience with your COD is upsetting to you, but I do have a question for you. Did you sign up for an accelerated program that promised that you would lose 25 pounds in 8 weeks or something like that? Often times, these “specials” are advertised on TV. These are programs out there that both LA weightloss centers and Pure Weight loss centers sell from time to time and they promise big losses in a short amount of time and therefore, the cost is a set amount, maybe $199 or $250. I am not trying to excuse the behavior of a counselor, but I am trying to understand. This is one area that I do not remember a discussion on in the last 9 months since I have been reading this board.

With accelerated programs, the rules for clients are more restrictive than they are on the regular color coded or numbered plans. I believe that they (COD) expect the client to do a TO every 2 weeks, not eat frozen meals, or eat out and in addition have more limited food choices.

If you or anyone reading this signed up for an accerelated program, the counselors are tougher on the client because the program “promised” a high weight loss within a short amount of time. They (the counselors) push hard because of the type of program – faster weight loss than the “regular” programs.

I don’t know if this is the case in your situation. I just thought I would ask the question.

Again, take care and please let us know if we can help in any way or try to answer some questions for you.

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 54 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #171  

Good morning and TGIF-
I got so caught up trying to answer Stacy's question, that I forgot to say hello and keep up the good work to everyone else.

week 44
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 54 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:20 AM   #172  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Mornig ALL and TGIF!!!!

Stacey - Hope all is going well with your daughter. I just love her picture. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we were all that happy?

Felicia - Please tell us how the meeting went with Father of Problem Child yesterday.

I hate that the CODs are nasty to some, but I find a little come back or sarcasm to them usually tones that down in most situations or just point blank tell then that their attitude is not necessary.

At my last visit (4 Weeks ago), I told them I would be traveling for two weeks and NOT to call me I was not a two year old. I just haven't been back in since I am on maintenance, maintaining and I don't want any of their products. I don't see the point. Their scale is no better than mine at home. If I get out of control, I may need to drop back in.

Having a Pet Scan done today to see if I have any of the big C anywhere. This is suppose to be routine, but still it is like a test that you cannot study for and change the results. Keep me in your thoughts today. I won't know the results until next week.

Last edited by aguerin; 11-09-2007 at 08:21 AM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #173  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Amy- GL with your scan, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Stacy- Sorry to hear that your COD was so rude. I can honestly say that my COD has never been like that. The girls there are so sweet. Is there one couselor there that you do like? If so, just request her when you go in. You can do that, and avoid the hose beasts that make you feel like crap. Also, you may want to meet with the manager and explain to her how you have been feeling. It is okay to expect good service, after all.

I was POP yesterday until dinner, then....not so much. I am going to WI this morning however, so we will see how things have gone this week. My home scale show me down a lot, so I will be excited to see how that turns out.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
No way!!! DH worked in Bolingbrook on Tuesday. For real. It is about 4 1/2 to 5 hours from here, and he usually doesn't do a same day trip for that far, but he only had one appointment there. Seems so silly to me, but what do I know The six flags in Gurnee is the best one I have seen so far. They have great roller coasters I was born in Highland Park, lived in Deerfield, Mundelein, and then in Kenosha. Most of my mom's family is in Kenosha. My dad also has some family out in Kenosha County. It's a small world, isn't it? Is Bolingbrook where you first started raising kids?

kinda, we moved there when my oldest was 2 1/2 and my second oldest was 1. and then we had the other three there. so yeah, for the most part. we lived in Bolingbrook for 8 years, lived in Willowbrook for about 8 months when we first moved to the chicago area, before that we were in the Quad Cities, for about 3 years. I love chicago. I am really glad to be here in AR, we have a great community for raising kids, but I still miss the windy city..... who knows maybe some day we can move back, although friend wise the longer we stay here the harder that would probably be. I picuture us living here into retirement and being old farts playing card in the eveing together........ heehee.

Have a safe trip
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #175  
sscott

Good Morning all! Thank you for all the well wishes in regards to my daughter. We should find out the eval results today, so I am a bit on edge.

Emily - Thanks for the encouraging words. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced similar problems. Hopefully things will get a little better. We need to stand up for ourselves, I think!

Lynn - No I am not on an accelerated program. I have 40 weeks of weight loss, 6 stabalization, and 6 maintenance.

Amy - I will be praying for you as you go through the scan. Think positive thoughts!

Have a happy Friday! Any big weekend plans? We are just hanging out at home this weekend. I am looking forward to it!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #176  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi everyone.. Busy day on tap for me, so I'll be brief..

Feeling much better, so thanks for all the well wishes...

Amy.. Good luck with the scan.. It's good that you're being proactive about that stuff..

Katie.. Hope the WI goes well..

Stacy.. Sorry you're having to deal with such a prat at your COD.. Before you call the home office, talk to the manager and express your concerns... We pay big bucks for this program and shouldn't have to take rudness from anyone... Stand your ground and be strong.. Luckily, when our COD's were open, we had really helpful and supportive counselors so I never had to deal with what you and some of the others have to go through..

I hope your DD's results are promising.. We did a motor skills evaluation with our son when he was little.. He showed absolutely no desire or inclination toward walking, so we had him tested.. They showed that while he was a late bloomer, it wasn't much to worry about.. Now that he's 7, we can't seem to stop him from running around..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Good Morning All and TGIF,

Amy - good luck with your scan

I have a WI today and I hope it goes better than the other day.

Jamie
Jamiep03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #178  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. Hope you all have a great Friday!! I'm at work and trying not to do too much. We'll see how that works out for me. Usually not that great. Going to DD's in St. Louis this weekend. Better go to the store and take my own vege's and stuff. She doesn't eat the same things I do.

Stacy - I hope everything turns out well with the eval on your daughter. She is a cutie with the happiest little face.

Amy - Good luck with your scan. You'll be in my prayers for good results.

Katie - Good luck with the WI. Keeping my fingers crossed you are in the minus column.

Jillian and Nicole - Have safe trips, have fun but be careful.

Lettie - I used to live in Galesburg and now live in Peoria. Not too far from the Quad Cities.

Have a good day everyone. I'll be back later.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #179  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Whohoooo! Down 4 lbs!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #180  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Great job Katie!!!

Went to the COD yesterday and they told me that it appears I'm at a plateau. Ya think?? I've only been stuck at this weight for the past 3 months. Anyway they told me that I might want to think about the fact that maybe this is the weight my body wants to be at and this is my "ideal" weight. I'm OK with the way I look and the size clothes I wear and all. It's just the number I'm having a hard time time with since I had it in my head that I wanted to weigh between 160 and 165. Now I don't know what to do. Anyone else have or had this dilema?
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote