Old 11-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #151  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Joni – I’m so sorry to hear about Charlie dog. Just try to take comfort in the fact he’s no longer in pain. I know it’s not easy but hopefully time will help.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #152  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning all-

Joni-still thinking about you and hoping that you are doing ok today. Let us know if you need anything and definitely feel free to talk about it as long as you need!

Dan-hope you feel better soon!! Being sick is just the worst.

Felicia-good luck with your meeting today. I worked in a classroom in college one year with 1 very disruptive child. It took forever but they finally removed him from the classroom. It was like a completely different class once he was gone, so I know how class-changing it can be to add a bad seed. I had determined that the boy in our class was so desperate for a father-figure that he just no longer responded to me or the teacher. They moved him to a male teacher where he just did better. Obviously this boy has a dad who cares enough to come in-so I hope you get to the bottom of it!

Nicole-good luck getting ready for your trip. Sounds like DD needs a car to give you a break. The snide comment she made to you would have made me want to slap he too! Although I am positive I made a similar comment to my mom at some point....believe me it will get better!

Katie-thanks for the Jackson update! Sorry to hear the other little boy is still struggling!

As for me-the past three weeks have been exhausting. I've had a final, a state exam and now this week my Trial for my trial advocacy class. It is so much work to prepare witnesses, write an opening statement, deal with pre trial motions AND try to be at school full time and work! I know I am whining but I just need to vent. I stayed up all night trying to get organized, practicing my opening statement in front of the mirror and ultimately ended up crying in the living room at 1230 in the morning. I literally just felt exhausted and dragged myself to bed. I feel somewhat better this morning and am tempted to skip my morning class to get myself calmed down and give myself extra time. Not sure which is the better idea. I just wish I handled stress better.

The good news is that after friday at 6pm I wont have any serious assignments due until after Thanksgiving! Yay for a weekend off!

Thanks for allowing me to whine on here...

Hope you all have a POP day!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #153  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I haven't had time to post in a couple of days, so I'm going to try to catch up right quick..

Lettie- The dogs are adorable and the wedding cake looks yummy! Was is doggie cake or people cake? on the TO!!

Jillian- I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! I'm sure you will..

Val- for your NSV... it's so hard to tell for yourself sometimes, it's nice when someone you haven't seen in awhile notices right off!

Nicole- I hope things have clamed down with you and DD isn't giving you too hard of a time.. I promise it will get better!! Now that I'm out of the house my mom is my best friend!

Kim- Way to go on making the hike! The Smokies are beautiful.. I'm trying to get together a weekend to go up for my and DBf's anniversary next month..

Amy & Barbara- I am seriously considering a day after T-day TO. I've seen where some people do 3 days instead of 2? I've only ever done the 2 day.. Where did 3 come from?

Felicia- CONGRATS on the WI! That is awesome! I hope your meeting with your students dad went well and he wasn't as ill mannered as his son!

Joni- I am so sorry for the loss of your Charlie! It breaks my heart to even think of having to put one of my baby girls down. I know how animals can become much more than just pets in the family.. I hope you are taking some time and making it thru ok.

Tues- I am thinking of you as well with the loss of Leon. I'm not sure how recent your loss was, but I'm sure it is hard just the same..

Dan- Glad you are feeling better! Hopefully you'll be back at 100% before your meetings tomorrow!

AmyLou- I hope your Trial goes well!!! I'm glad you will be getting a little break before too long! I am so looking forward to the week off for Thanksgiving!

I've been reading everyones Thanksgiving plans and am thinking that going completely off plan for the day is definately not for me. I have ahd too hard of a time trying to get back on track. I will, however, make sure that I indulge enough to enjoy myself.. just a bite or two fo the yummies, and I will be making an OP strawberry cheesecake (my favorite!) so that I won't be tempted to dive face first into the dessert table!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #154  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies and Dan!

Joni I just read you post. You were/are such a great doggie mommy to your Charlie dog! You gave him every chance on this earth and allowed him to continue his journey without pain. I too have been there and my thoughts are with you.

Nicole I have 5 year old DS who is not so D these days! The last couple of mornings have been nothing but tears and attitude. I tried to blame it on the time change but I think he should be used to that by now!

I'm at work...gotta go!

KimS
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #155  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Thanks Emily!
I am with you on the Thanksgiving plan. I don't think I'm up for a TO afterwards bc I will be at home with my family and want to relax-but I can't get off track again. It's just not worth it for me.

Val-your new pic is great!! People better be noticing how awesome you look!

Ok-time to get off here and back to work!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #156  
MyBoysNMe2

Good morning ladies and Dan!

Joni I just read your post. You were/are such a great doggie mommy to your Charlie dog! You gave him every chance on this earth and allowed him to continue his journey without pain. I too have been there and my thoughts are with you.

Nicole I have 5 year old DS who is giving the D in DS a whole other meaning these days! The last couple of mornings have been nothing but tears and attitude. I tried to blame it on the time change but I think he should be used to that by now!

I'm at work...gotta go!

KimS
Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #157  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Beautiful picture KimS! Congrats on being BELOW your goal weight! Lookin good!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #158  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Love the new pics KimS. The ones of the boys is really good.

Good Luck AmyLou on your school stuff. I couldn't do it. Stress would kill me. I would have fever blisters all over my face. LOL
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #159  
MyBoysNMe2

Thank you! Sorry about the double post, I found a typo and thought I caught it in time...

There is a picture of my beautiful boys in my profile also if anyone would like to take a peek....we just had pictures taken, so much fun! I used to hate having my picture taken

KimS
Old 11-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #160  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Joni - I just read about Charlie Dog. I am so sorry to hear this, I know how hard you fought for him, and it appears that he fought hard for you too. My heart goes out to you.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #161  
Val

GM all!

WTG Felicia – Wow!
I just can’t imagine a child acting that way. That has to be the most difficult part of being a teacher.

Oh Joni! I’m so sorry about Charlie Dog. I know how much he meant to you.
Tear jerker alert – When I lost my beloved dog last year I found a “headstone” that I put in my garden, it reads “If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I’d walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again.”

Nicole – boy do I hear you on not being able to wait until they have cars of their own. I can’t believe how much free time, and how much easier it made my life after DD got her own car.

Dan – hope you’re feeling better soon.

KimS – what a beautiful picture and your boys are so cute! I’m afraid I’m still in the “hate pictures of myself” zone.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #162  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I just put up a picture of my babygirls [my two shih-tzu's libby and sophie] on my profile if anyone would like to see them =]
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

emily your doggies are such puff balls! and it was a people cake,,...... sorry puggies!

Nicole, we moved here to arkansas from the chicago area, we lived in bolingbrook and would go up to six flaggs alot, so I am very familure with the area you are talking about. have a safe trip!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #164  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hiya everyone!

I'm sorry to be MIA so much lately. The sclae is showing it too... darnit.

Joni - I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. I'm sending lots of hugs your way.

Not much going on here right now. I'm trying to get back into the swing of a normal life again and get back to POP. I'm doing so so with the food. Still not getting in all of my servings on this new plan and I really don't think the extra starches are my friend.

Is anyone having any success on the new plans?

I just woke up from a nap between shifts that was so cozy I took an extra half hour for it. It's cool, cloudy and a little foggy here today. My S**tty Kitty (Trust me, the name fits) had to sleep curled under my arm against my chest the whole time. Now I can't breathe and have to take an allergy pill but it was worth it. The pets have been so cuddly lately.

Anyway, I can't wait for the weekend. I'm on call for the chopper but hopefully I'll get to sleep without an alarm clock for two days. It's been a few weeks now since I've had that luxury.

And wouldn't you know as I was typing this I just got a message from COD. *sigh* I guess I'd better get in there. I think I have some water weight going on (smoked almonds are not our friends) so I'd better stop and get some lemons on my way to work and do the walk of shame at COD tomorrow.

The new pics all look wonderful! I miss catching up with everyone here!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #165  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in before i start packing for my trip (can you say procrastinator!) i totally had to nap for a few hours since i've been up since 330am. it was our holiday launch today, so we were freakin' swamped! omg. it was a nuts day. glad to be off for a week!

i'll try and check in while i'm gone. hope everyone has a great weekend and week next week.

thanks for all the well-wishes! i'll be sure to travel safe. i travel so much that i'm beginning to know some of the airport people on a personal level! ha!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote