Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Nicole.

The same for me I love checking in as it keeps me motivated.
Jamiep03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #32  
sscott

Happy Monday everyone! I am pretty new around here, but have really been enjoying reading peoples posts. It reminds me that I am not alone in this battle. I have only been doing the program for a little over 2 weeks. Things are going well, but have given into temptations a couple of times. Having leftover halloween chocolate has not been easy! But, today is a new day and so far so good. I am having a major sweets attack right now, but thankfully I don't have anything laying around here at work. Not eating the sweets has been the hardest part for me thus far! I think I am addicted to sugar

Well, thanks for letting me tell you all a little about my journey. I look forward to getting to know you all a little better as we work together toward a healthier life!
Old 11-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #33  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Nicole,
thanks ... I will keep that in mind, and do my best!
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #34  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

sscott......that baby in your profile is just adorable Want to share your first name with us? I, too, am addicted to sugar. It gets better. Are you doing lites? If you are, the honey nougat ones can really fix that sweet, if you know what I mean. When I first started, I only ordered chocolate varieties.......but one of my counselors talked me into trying the honey nougat. YUM!!! I can't really do lites, as I don't tolerate soy well......but once in a while I will eat them for a week or so, when I am feeling weak.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #35  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Got e-mail from my daughter today wanting to know what we were having for Thanksgiving dinner. Told her I hadn't decided yet so she told me to send her some recipes so she could make some of it and I would be able to enjoy it with the rest of them instead of making things they liked that I would not eat. That was awfully sweet of her I think. When she was young, she wanted nothing to do with cooking or baking or anything to do with a kitchen. Now that she's 28 and has an 8 yr old and another bambino due in February, she loves to be in the kitchen whenever she has a free night. Someone must have raised her right. Wonder who that was???
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #36  
Post-Master

awwwwww, that is sweet, Laurie. I hope my girls like to cook when they get older. I LOVE to cook and bake and such.

I just wanted to say that I hate netflix and I will never purchase tribal fusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #37  
Laurie

My son loves to cook. In fact his wife does very little of it. Why can't I find a man like that? Any my grandson's all like to be in the kitchen. My granddaughter could care less!!

I've never used netflix but my daughter does. She really likes it. What's wrong with it?
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:12 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I just canceled my netflix......... what did they do to get you riled Nicole?!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #39  
Post-Master

it's the stupid pop ups from this site. it drives me CRAZY!!!! Looks like American Express is also in on the annoying of the big girls!!!

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 11-05-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #40  

ooooooh ok. gotcha....... I get the netflix one from time to time but that is about it........
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #41  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

I'm with you Nicole, whatever the heck Tribal Fusion is I'll never purchase it

Proud to say that as of 4:30pm I've been on plan today. Wish me luck for the evening...that is the hardest time for me

Talk to you guys tomorrow!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

sscott, The sugar cravings get better with time. I used to love the honey nugat, but then they changed them..... I haven't tried them again in awhile, so perhaps they fixed whatever they changed so they are good again. They were my favorite for a long while though. As you get used to eating healthier, things like halloween candy will make you physically ill (OK probably not if you limit it to snickers licking, I've had the odd desire to lick a snickers ever since I read that!) I think it took me about 3-4 weeks before the sugar demons quieted down a bit. Not that I don't see a piece of cheese cake now and think that looks good. I will always love sugar, I just find that I can't eat as MUCH of it as I used to without feeling bad.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #43  
sscott

Thanks for all the encouragement about the sugar situation! My first name is Stacy. I am sitting at an afterschool staff meeting and they are serving hot apple cider, pumpkin bars, and brownies. I am resisting! I know I could eat them, but I don't want the guilt and ill feeling that will follow! I will keep trying to be strong!

I hope everyone has had a great Monday! I've got to run, meeting is starting...
Old 11-05-2007, 04:48 PM   #44  

ooo me too Katy. I just have supper left and then I am done with food for the day..... or supposed to be! Lets make a pact........ we will not eat off plan tonight! I will be checking in with you in the morning to see if you hung in there with me.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #45  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

I had an awful day. My new student is going to be a challenge. He's a toot!! Actually, he's something far worse than a toot, but I'm trying but to say anything too negative!!

I was doing well with TO until about 10 minutes ago and now I've got the shakes. I ate a Lite bar, so I'm sure it will subside soon. At least it didn't happen until after my students were gone.

I really need to make my kids something for supper that I won't even be tempted by. After a bad day like this, I'm liable to be tempted to cross over to the dark side!! If I heat up a can of ravioli for them, I'll probably have it dripping off my elbows!!! I think it's going to be fishsticks and macaroni and cheese tonight - although that actually sounds very tempting right now!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote