3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Intuitive Eating #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/105438-intuitive-eating-4-a.html)

CinnamonGirl 03-23-2007 03:22 PM

Hey Fru :wave: I'm better today. Inching my way back from the abyss. I just started re-reading the Relapse thread in Living Maintenance. I found this quote of yours...

"You become your I ams" - What you think about constantly can shape your behaviour. If you are constantly telling yourself that you are a failure for putting some weight back on and you'll never lose it again, then hey-ho what happens... You struggle. If you constantly tell yourself that you can't (won't) lose weight, then what do you think happens? As some famous dude once said, "The law of flotation was not discovered by the contemplation of sinking things." Think about what you want to become and you will be attracted towards that vision.

Thank you for writing this! It's really true. I have to remember that even though on the surface I'm a lazy slug that would like to dive face first into Ben & Jerry's on a daily basis deep down I'm really an athlete. I always was as a child and even during the first few years of college. Something happened on the way to now that's pushed that athlete out of my consciousness.

So starting today, right NOW! I am an athlete! I eat like an athlete, I think like an athlete, I train like an athlete. :bike: I'm not going to beat myself up when things go wrong I'll just start again! I'm going to print this out and tape it up all over my house to remind myself when I'm feeling low.

Thanks!
Beth

CinnamonGirl 03-23-2007 03:23 PM

Fru, forgot to add... sorry about your binge but sounds like you pulled out of it very well. Intuitively too!

2frustrated 03-26-2007 04:12 AM

Thanks for pulling that up! That's something I needed to hear to reinforce a few things.

I've had a pretty good weekend - I didn't order fries or dessert when we ate out on Saturday and didn't feel at all "deprived". I bought some maltesers for going to the cinema, but didn't finish the bag. In fact there's still some left! I put some in a bowl yesterday to eat, but I just didn't eat them! :dunno: :crazy:

Yesterday I went for a run and hurt my knee :p But I bought myself some jewellery and then came home and ate a brownie and ice cream that I'd promised myself after my run, but I only ate half the brownie! I have the other half with me today... In fact that might be next down the hatch! :lol:

I re-read the book "I can make you thin" by Paul Makenna (sp?) and it's basically all about intuitive eating with some NLP in there too. It comes with a CD that I haven't listened to yet because a small part of me thinks it's mumbo-jumbo. Anyway, what I learned, or re-learned is to eat consciously. He says that other diet gurus used to recommend to chew 20 times before swallowing. He also says to put your fork/food down between mouthfuls, so this is what I'm concentrating on at the moment :)

As for binging - it didn't do the scales any harm so I'm not too bothered. I know what happened and why it happened, so I will be able to be "eyes wide open" next time I'm in that situation.

Well I suppose I'd better get some work done... :D

Obsidianbbw 03-26-2007 08:11 AM

:carrot: :bravo: Yeah 2frus. Glad to see you doing ok. I didn't know about the fork thing, will have to try that from now on.

Got on the scales, lost the weight I gained plus some. Went home to visit the parents. Did better on eating there than I have before. Ate some stuff i probably wouldn't have touched anywhere else (white pasta) but not a huge deal I was bonding with the family. I think it also helped I brought fruit and some stuff I eat with me.

Nothing else to report.

Cin hope everything is doing better.

Fiddler, Carol, Spiny...what's poppin?

carolr3639 03-26-2007 10:52 AM

I'm really tired from a big weekend cooking for a crowd so will be back later. Thanks.

Obsidianbbw 03-26-2007 11:57 AM

Christian Intuitive Eating thread...the weigh down diet? I posted there

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=1#post1626811

carolr3639 03-26-2007 01:48 PM

Thanks for that, Obi.

carolr3639 03-27-2007 12:05 PM

After cooking all weekend I had an interesting experience with fullness. We were just exhausted but were invited to a hymn sing Sun. night after gospel meeting. It lasted until midnight. The funny thing was I couldn't eat one bite of the lunch that was served. I had had it with looking at food!!! I did drink a large glass of water but that was it. That night I thought I'd never be hungry again. ha! I finally go back to walking this morning and mangaged another long walk. It's go to be good for you, at least I hope so.

carolr3639 03-27-2007 12:06 PM

That should be got not go ..... in the last 2 lines.

2frustrated 03-28-2007 04:01 AM

Carol I know what you mean about not wanting to look at food! I used to work as a kitchen assistant and did salads, sandwiches and desserts. I used to get home and say, "Muuuuuuuuum, make me a sandwich..." And she'd refuse, so I ended up either eating nothing or just eating a bowl of cereal! I lost about 7lbs doing that job, even though we were allowed to eat free puddings :drool: :D

fiddler 03-28-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolr3639 (Post 1628458)
After cooking all weekend I had an interesting experience with fullness. We were just exhausted but were invited to a hymn sing Sun. night after gospel meeting. It lasted until midnight. The funny thing was I couldn't eat one bite of the lunch that was served. I had had it with looking at food!!! I did drink a large glass of water but that was it. That night I thought I'd never be hungry again. ha! I finally go back to walking this morning and mangaged another long walk. It's go to be good for you, at least I hope so.

Carol,

That's part of the reason I do so much cooking ;) It keeps me from wanting to eat. Ironic, isn't it?

Bunnababy 03-28-2007 01:07 PM

Good morning everyone. :coffee2: I am not new to 3FC but to this thread. I have been doing SBD but am tired of so many limitations in my selections and having to have special food in the fridge and cupboards. I decided yesterday to go back to intuitive eating. It is what works for me and I just need to stick with it. I am currently doing a workbook called "Don't Diet, Live It" and it helps with the emotional crap behind my binging. Last night at my TOPS meeting to the two women who are KOPS (have reached their goals) talked about how they lost their weight and it was just plain eating less food but otherwise they didn't change anything.

I am 55 with 2 children and 5 grandchildren from 3 yo (today) to 16 yo. We own a restaurant, work a lot of hours, take care of my 82 yo mil who is a huge pain in the a** but no one else will do it so we're stuck. Nursing home here we come. :D

Look forward to getting to know you all.

2frustrated 03-29-2007 04:20 AM

:wave: I had a bad IE day yesterday! :kickbutt:

I just about grazed all day. I think I was bored.

Then I got home hungry, but while I was waiting for my tea to cook I just ate... Then I ate my tea and the food in the cupboards was just singing to me. I was reading my book and I kept answering. :( Then DH came home and I had a 2nd dinner even though I wasn't at all hungry. Then we had ice cream :(

I'm fairly mad with myself but today is a new day and I think perhaps I need to eat bigger meals so that I don't feel the need to graze like a :moo: all day!

After dinner all the food was still singing to me but I just said no. I think perhaps that is a bit of progress, but I still feel bad about eating pizza and ice cream! :) :dunno:

Well today is a new day and I feel ok about things. I just feel a little heavy. :p I'm sure I didn't eat enough to put on weight, but it just gives you a bit of a self-esteem knock doesn't it?

Anyway, moving on! I've got the gym and some kickboxing today and I really want to work as hard as my knee allows :)

carolr3639 03-29-2007 10:45 AM

2frus, I had the same kind of day. And isn't it interesting how you can "feel fat" when you know nothing has changed. But, yes, today is a new day and I am feeling better about things. I'm rereading The Weigh Down Diet because I know I really need the Lord to get me through this.

Obsidianbbw 03-29-2007 10:46 AM

:wave: Welcome Bunnababy Hope you stay awhile

I don't have alot of time to cook, so for lunch I usually bring in a frozen meal. I finally got tired of the ones I was buying and switched to the whole food version which are 300-400 calories versus 200-300. I don't have the issue of being hungry the last 2 hours of work and raiding the vending machine. The extra 100 calories and I think it being better food for me....helped. Also I can get Indian frozen meals which makes it even better.

On the other hand completely slacked off on exercise so not going to make my 800 min goal this month, but ok with that. Hopefully my schedule in April will be pretty stable so I should be ok Weigh-in is Friday and no idea where I'm at. As long as I haven't gained I'm ok. March has been a real learning month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2frustrated (Post 1630942)
I need to eat bigger meals so that I don't feel the need to graze like a :moo: all day!