3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Intuitive Eating #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/105438-intuitive-eating-4-a.html)

2frustrated 03-05-2007 06:48 AM

I just noticed something

This is really new for me, but just excuse me for getting excited! :lol:

So I'm trying to eat a little less this week, and I'm waiting till I'm sure as sure I'm hungry.

So anyway, I've just had my morning snack, which was about 3/4 of an apple (it was bashed up), half an ounce of pecans and about 5 pieces of dried fruit (prune, apricot, peach, pear and apple). So I'm sitting here and I felt all faint and headachey and empty, so I ate my snack. And I STILL felt all faint and headachey and empty. But that was about 15 minutes ago. Since then I've had a bit of a drink and let my snack "go down" and now I don't feel so hungry. I think I forgot that it takes time to register that you've eaten. I've still got a headache though :(

Anyway it's gym soon, so I should be able to get through my weights session without falling over :crossed:

Obsidianbbw 03-05-2007 07:31 AM

We don't want you to starve...Me personally may not eat until I am a little more hungry. I might notice it at level 2 but not eat till I feel level 4. I think you might not want to feel faint and head-achey. I notice if I eat a piece of fruit I will be hungry again in about an hour or 2...so I eat another piece of fruit rather than a full meal. I think everyone else may have better advice...but I don't think faint and head-achey is a good thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2frustrated (Post 1597403)
This is really new for me, but just excuse me for getting excited! :lol:

So I'm trying to eat a little less this week, and I'm waiting till I'm sure as sure I'm hungry.

So anyway, I've just had my morning snack, which was about 3/4 of an apple (it was bashed up), half an ounce of pecans and about 5 pieces of dried fruit (prune, apricot, peach, pear and apple). So I'm sitting here and I felt all faint and headachey and empty, so I ate my snack. And I STILL felt all faint and headachey and empty. But that was about 15 minutes ago. Since then I've had a bit of a drink and let my snack "go down" and now I don't feel so hungry. I think I forgot that it takes time to register that you've eaten. I've still got a headache though :(

Anyway it's gym soon, so I should be able to get through my weights session without falling over :crossed:

2frustrated 03-05-2007 08:58 AM

I know what you mean. I don't particularly like faint and headachey, but it's like I miss out 3-7 and go straight from comfortable to starving hungry! I did manage to do my gym things well, so I think I ate enough at my little snack time.

I was speaking to DH and he says he never gets tummy rumbles just faint and headachey! :lol: So maybe it's a hunger symptom rather than an over-hunger symptom! :dunno: It's a bit trial and error at this stage since I want to see if I can lose a bit this week without feeling too hungry!

EDIT: No worries about me not eating enough!!!! I had lunch, then had a fruit and nut bar, and some ryvita crackers.. :lol3: I don't think I'm going to starve! I've totted up calories for today and I'm at 1560 already! It's only 4pm!!!! Although I proabably won't have the opportunity to eat until about half 8.

carolr3639 03-05-2007 04:51 PM

Off to a family get together. Eight of the kids plus spouses and grandkids will be there to see son John off to Alaska. He's got new job there. Have a good day.

Obsidianbbw 03-05-2007 05:04 PM

Well From Friday to Yesterday was probably my worst eating since I started IE. I would eat crap and then think I could still eat so much more. I think I just wanted to feel full...no idea why. Also have a sweet tooth. I wanted ben and jerry tried to use a substitute and that partial led to the horrible weekend.

I can't say I feel guilty about it, but just learning from it and trying to see where I go. I do see an big meal in my future.

-Obie.

2frustrated 03-06-2007 04:26 AM

:hug: Obie we all get a little like that sometimes! I like feeling full. Perhaps you need to eat a little bit more day to day? I find if I've been restricting too much I tend to want that fullness feeling more than if I haven't.

I tried Beef Jerkey today for the first time. It's rank! If I wanted to eat old boots, then I have a spare pare in my hallway that are going begging! :lol:

Obsidianbbw 03-06-2007 08:54 AM

friday and saturday are the days I ban myself from cooking or packing food to eat. Spiny has me wanting some Indian so maybe that will be my treat. I don't think I've had it since I've been doing IE. I have a salt tooth, so I love jerky. If you buy it when its softer its a nice snack. Actually I might some of that up to. I think the pther problem is the foods I've been eating are pretty bland and I'm bored with them. I Made a marinade last night to cook some chicken so we'll see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2frustrated (Post 1599131)
:hug: Obie we all get a little like that sometimes! I like feeling full. Perhaps you need to eat a little bit more day to day? I find if I've been restricting too much I tend to want that fullness feeling more than if I haven't.

I tried Beef Jerkey today for the first time. It's rank! If I wanted to eat old boots, then I have a spare pare in my hallway that are going begging! :lol:

2frustrated 03-06-2007 11:14 AM

I was googly woogly-ing this morning and found some links you might like to try.

http://intuitive-eating.blogspot.com/

http://intuitive-eater.blogspot.com/

http://www.chunktohunk.com/main/

http://magazines.ivillage.com/townan...596740,00.html

http://www.geocities.com/intuitiveeaters/

I think that's it....

It's quiet in here today eh?

I've had a so-so day today. I had a tiny breakfast and then spent all morning snacking on fruit, nuts, dried fruit, ryvitas until I cracked and had a chicken pita - however that kept me full till about half 2 and then I had some malt loaf. I just ate a few cherries that might tide me over until I get to the sports hall where I train for kickboxing. I might get a vending machine treat if I'm still hungry or some more malt loaf or something. I think I'm going to have to start eating more substantial breakfasts, but I think that's hard when you've eaten later the night before (unavoidable for me really). Perhaps I should start packing a "second breakfast" that's breakfasty that I can eat about 2 hours after a small brekky... :chin: yes.. That sounds good! :lol:

Obsidianbbw 03-06-2007 01:27 PM

Well I decide to check my plan out of the window today. Had a donut and milk for breakfast and Indian for Lunch. I am not stuffed, but pleasantly satisfied. I tried a new dish Lamb briyani (sp?) absolutely wonderful. Doubt I'll have a big dinner. Also I have no idea how many calories I've eaten today.

So thinking a few things. I need to try some new stuff for breakfast and lunch at work. I am going to attempt tandoori chicken tonight. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the link 2 Frustrated :hug: . My blog is actually called the intuitive eater. :D

carolr3639 03-06-2007 01:44 PM

2 frus., The first 2 links are by a girl who has an IE site on Yahoo. Sometimes it's pretty interesting. I think like Obi that food can get boring if we don't vary it. Sometimes it's hard, though, when you don't feel like cooking and live way out in the country. Out to eat means a half hour drive. Missing you dear Fiddler.

CinnamonGirl 03-06-2007 02:34 PM

Great links, Fru. Thanks for posting them.

So far today's been a good food day. I've not eaten much but I'm not feeling very hungry and that finally feels OK to say/think that. It's nice not to be stressing over food. Maybe my dieting head is finally stepping aside for IE.

breakfast: homemade scone and tea
snack: hard boiled egg
snack: organic apple with 2 tsp. Real peanut butter

Looking forward to a yam and green beans for lunch! I've sort of become a yam-aholic lately, LOL! No not too bad but have been eating at least 1/2 per day if not a whole one. They're sooooooooooo good. Wouldn't have believed that statement would have come out of my mouth a year ago.

Happy day everyone!
Beth

2frustrated 03-07-2007 07:26 AM

Obi - I've got your blog in my favourites ;) I figured you didn't need a link to your own blog ;) :lol:

Man I'm HUNGRY this morning! :faint: I've just been in a meeting since 10am and I took pecans, dried fruit and a fruit and nut bar and I'm starved already! I think it was the exercise yesterday. Not sure if I'm going to the gym today or not.... My gym buddy has just left her desk, so I'm not sure if she's gone to get changed or just the bathroom... I don't really want to go, but will go if she's going (I'm such a sucker!!!!).

Right, must get quick nibble before I fall over!

Obsidianbbw 03-07-2007 08:07 AM

Ok, Yesterday I ended up making a marinade that I got from here, grilled chicken and mixed vegetables. 2frus has me thinking about yams, but they looked like a science experiment so oh well. I think I am back from my bland food funk. Only did 30 min of workout this morning, will try and get in another 30 tonight.

Spiny, Fiddler and Cin, just saying hiya. Hope you're doing ok. Snowing here. suck to be me...blah...

2frustrated 03-07-2007 08:25 AM

It was cinnamon girl who had yams!

I'm trying to find a nice recipe for my dinner tonight and absolutely nothing looks appealing since I've very much just eaten and I'm nicely satisfied thank-you-very-much and I just can't think, "Oooooh that will be lovely tonight" with a full tummy... Strange! I used to be able to eat until I burst!!!! Now I can't even think about this evening's meal! :lol: :dizzy:

Obsidianbbw 03-07-2007 08:33 AM

Sorry...I'm all over the place today and only been up for an hour...I think its the snow....really dreading trying to get to work in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2frustrated (Post 1600831)
It was cinnamon girl who had yams!