3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Intuitive Eating #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/105438-intuitive-eating-4-a.html)

2frustrated 03-07-2007 08:37 AM

Can't you ring in and have a snow day???

carolr3639 03-07-2007 09:41 AM

Hi everyone. Beth, Do you eat your yams plain? I have one in the cupboard and don't know what to do with it. I've never eaten them much. Eating has been going good lately maybe because our table is broken and we're just eaing leftovers. ha! It is a big table that can be made smaller by removing the leaves. We just happened to have it opened way up because of company. My SIL was chasing my daughter and thought the table would hold him as he rounded the corner. It didn't happen. It needed fixing anyway. He felt really bad, though.

Spinymouse 03-07-2007 11:48 AM

Oh, man, where did that list of abbreviations go? SIL - Somebody's Irritating Lumberjack???

Spinymouse 03-07-2007 11:55 AM

Speaking of abbreviations, I have one that I really like. It's SEP. An example of usage would be: "Just forget about that ex-boyfreind, Fiddler. He's SEP."
(Somebody Else's Problem.)

CinnamonGirl 03-07-2007 12:44 PM

Spiny (Somebody's Irritating Lumberjack, LOL), SIL = Sister in Law

Carol, I eat my yams with a little Smart Balance, salt and pepper. I just scrub the heck out of it under water with a little soap, cut the ends off and throw it in the microwave for about 3 minutes or so depending on the size. I like them better in the oven but have a hard time justifying heating up the whole oven for one little yam. Once it's cooked I mash it up, add SB and S&P and eat. Sooooooooooo good! I don't like them sweet so don't go in for the brown sugar or marshmallows like others do. I'm going to try some salsa on one to see if that's good too as salsa is so good for you.

Yesterday I ate a huge yam and then felt "Turkey Dinner" full after. Yuck, haven't done that in a long long time. Ugh. I won't do that again. I'm starting to discover that my stomach is happiest if I eat about a fist sized portion of food in one sitting. If I eat more than that I get cramps or other stomache issues (sorry, TMI). I can recognize that after the fact I just have to start remembering it while I'm making my food. My eyes are always bigger than my stomach. ***Got to remember - "eat less but more often" and I feel so much better.***

Beth

carolr3639 03-07-2007 02:14 PM

Sorry........that was son-in-law.

Obsidianbbw 03-07-2007 02:16 PM

After a 2.5 hour commute made it in. Going home is always better. I second whoever is talking about making the yams. I usually try and cook a few at time and then nuke them when I am ready to eat one.

CinnamonGirl 03-07-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolr3639 (Post 1601449)
Sorry........that was son-in-law.

Oh, DUH, of course in your context SIL is Son in Law. Sorry, guess I wasn't reading very well, LOL!

Beth

Obsidianbbw 03-07-2007 04:00 PM

2frustrated. I owe you a pint if we ever meet? Do you drink guiness? I probably shouldn't assume. The blogs were ok, but the town and country and frm chunk to hunk were really great.

complete unrelated have you ever read Pratchett? I forget his first name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2frustrated (Post 1599551)
I was googly woogly-ing this morning and found some links you might like to try.

http://intuitive-eating.blogspot.com/

http://intuitive-eater.blogspot.com/

http://www.chunktohunk.com/main/

http://magazines.ivillage.com/townan...596740,00.html

http://www.geocities.com/intuitiveeaters/

I think that's it....

It's quiet in here today eh?

I've had a so-so day today. I had a tiny breakfast and then spent all morning snacking on fruit, nuts, dried fruit, ryvitas until I cracked and had a chicken pita - however that kept me full till about half 2 and then I had some malt loaf. I just ate a few cherries that might tide me over until I get to the sports hall where I train for kickboxing. I might get a vending machine treat if I'm still hungry or some more malt loaf or something. I think I'm going to have to start eating more substantial breakfasts, but I think that's hard when you've eaten later the night before (unavoidable for me really). Perhaps I should start packing a "second breakfast" that's breakfasty that I can eat about 2 hours after a small brekky... :chin: yes.. That sounds good! :lol:

Spinymouse 03-07-2007 04:29 PM

TERRY PRATCHETT???!!! I LOVE TERRY PRATCHETT!!!

Obsidianbbw 03-07-2007 05:42 PM

I went to nothern ireland when I was 21 I think, A friend loaned me guards guards for a flight and I have been hooked ever since. What else do you read Spiny?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinymouse (Post 1601631)
TERRY PRATCHETT???!!! I LOVE TERRY PRATCHETT!!!

2frustrated 03-08-2007 04:20 AM

:yes: I love Terry Pratchet too! I'm not a Guiness drinker, however they are supposed to be bringing out a guiness flavoured Marmite (yeast extract) which I am looking forward too! :T

Must rush off - we're out on a mission for work! Will update later :)

2frustrated 03-08-2007 08:51 AM

Ok update time! :lol:

My scales are up a pound this morning :mad: :tantrum: *BREATHE* it's one measly pound and I've been doing this for 2 weeks and it can't be that I've eaten too much. :nono: It's most probably a little bit of water retention from that slice of toast I ate before bed :rolleyes:

I had a really nice chill out night last night. Yesterday I was feeling a bit faint and shaky through the day, and I think I'm trying to fight off some sort of bug, so I took my rest day from the gym and didn't do much in the evening apart from a shed-load of washing up, some clothes washing and some other general tidying.

I was feeling really really sick this morning so I had about 4 spoons of cereal. Fortunately I came up with a great way to not waste the rest! I have this really expensive musli that I treated myself to at the weekend and I'd poured myself a bowl of that, so was really narked when I was going to waste almost the whole bowl! I was making cottage cheese pancakes for work, so I put the rest of the drained musli in that! :lol: :dizzy: Well at least it wasn't wasted! :)

I was feeling a fair bit sick this morning, and I'm kind of feeling a little queasy now, however not enough to not eat, just after I've eaten! :crazy: so don't know what's up with that! Not 100% sure I'll be going kickboxing tonight. Well at least I'll have a nice rest :)

ebb&flow 03-08-2007 09:20 AM

can I join you?

I think I want to try something new/old. I've done the diet thing before to lose weight. Then a few years later got pregnant with a beautiful little boy. I gained a bit of weight with that pregnancy and now my baby is a year and a half old. I think I can officially call this mommy fat, not baby fat. I say I want to try something new/old because I've done the diet thing, so I want to try something new to me (IE). I understand it's not anything new. I'm sure cavewomen didn't diet. I know in my history there was a time before I felt self-conscious about my weight when I didn't even consider a diet. Deprivation just makes me want to eat more and gives me cravings for the junk food I'd banned. Calorie counting just makes me obsessed and calculations. I want to lose weight with some ladies who are positive about their food choices. I have lots of non 3fatchick friends who are trying to lose weight, but who are always beating themselves up ("I had ABC food. I'm disgusting") and it really impacts how you feel and your food choices. I want a healthy relationship with food. I think unlabeling while consciously making the healthiest choices without weighing and counting and banning foods will be a step in the right direction.

Spinymouse 03-08-2007 11:48 AM

Hi Ebb, and welcome! I agree that a diet that makes you obsessive is hard to sustain, and beating yourself up doesn't do any good!
2frus: I hope you feel better! Rest when you need to!
God, I rest when I don't need to (ALL THE TIME) so I need to take some motivation from you to exercise! How do you motivate anyway??! I guess I am so OLD that I feel, "yeah, I've done that before...." so it's not new and exciting anymore.
Obi - Guards Guards! is great, isn't it? I read mostly non-fiction but when I read fiction I like it to be really out there kind of fiction. Have you read anything by Richard Brautigan?

If he taught his worries to sing they would make the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sound like a potato. - Richard Brautigan

jo