3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Intuitive Eating #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/105438-intuitive-eating-4-a.html)

Obsidianbbw 02-28-2007 01:18 PM

Ok, I need to vent. Firmly planted on the soapbox:mad:

I really believe people have to be ready to accept things into their life...weightloss being one of them, and i try not to shove things down peoples throats...but it amazes me the amount of stuff I have learned on 3fc and just wanna smack some sense into them.....

On to my point. There is this really nice lady who works in my office and she and I are the same size, but she is smaller and it is all in her stomach. She wants to lose some weight for her sisters wedding and we were talking.

She is going to eat pretzels and soup today and see how she goes. She went to the doctor and he told her she would have to eat 1200 calories a day to lose a pound a week and 700 to lose 2 lbs a week. She also feels in order to lose serious weight you have to basically not eat anything.

I just wanted to shake her. I told her I'm not on a diet, I've lost 22 lbs and going strong and there isn't anything I can't eat. So it is possible...then she said she has PCOS...and I showed her the forum on 3fc.....and sent her the link. I think whatever she does I hope she picks something reasonable and something that doesn't have her following horrible diet advice...

CinnamonGirl 02-28-2007 02:11 PM

Obi, I can't believe her doctor told her to eat only 700 cals to lose 2 lbs/week! That poor woman if she does that she'll lose no lbs/week. What kind of horrible doctor is that?!

I'm finding IE easier and easier everyday. I am also trying very hard to stick to whole foods 90% of the time. So far so good. The funny thing is that the more whole foods I eat the less bad stuff I crave. Lately I've been eating a lot of Yams. They are so good! I've also been eating more eggs and feel so much more satisfied. I do need to find more things to crunch on because I'm a real "cruncher".

Do any of you have foods that you know you just can't have around even while doing IE? I found I just can't have Fritos and sour cream. We were going to have friends over for home made chili so I bought all the fixin's. Well one of them got sick and DH and I were left to eat chili for days. I ate 6 Fritos with too much sour cream then flushed all the sour cream down the drain. My DH hates it and I knew I'd eat the whole thing if I kept it. Just can't IE the super salt/fat of Fritos and sour cream.

Beth

Obsidianbbw 02-28-2007 02:20 PM

When IE goes out the windows.

Applebees (although slowly coming to terms with it)
Ben and Jerry's
Scallops with bacon (no idea why) It is a specific brand and I had to just say no because I would by a pack and eat a pack...I would make sure I was hungry to justify it, but they giving them up for lent.
Used to be fruit juice but seem to be ok witht his.

meg on a mission 02-28-2007 02:47 PM

Obi- That's so sad, that that poor woman received such ridiculous advice from her DOCTOR...wow...I don't even know what to say about that!

But on to the real reason I hopped on here...does anyone know of a good book about Intuitive Eating that they can recommend? I have been trying to eat intuitively, but problem is, I am having trouble trusting my own intuition...lol...and reading more might help me to be more comfortable, as I am a recovering psychotic calorie counter (not an insult to calorie counters, but when I do it, I become completely obsessed...not healthy). Anyway, it would be great if anyone has some good book suggestions...thanks! :)

Obsidianbbw 02-28-2007 03:48 PM

I think most of us liked the overfed head, and I personally liked the intuitive eating book (the title is actually intuitive eating).

Ok I know carol does alot of IE reading...

carolr3639 02-28-2007 06:55 PM

My favorite is The Overfed Head by Rob Stevens because it is short and to the point. Fiddler and Jo, What a nice picture!!!! Beth, If you eat nothing but your trigger food for a few days it will not look good anymore. The Weigh Down Workshop has some good IE ideas and most of her strange doctrine is not in her first book. Naturally Thin By Eating More by Jean Antonello is old but has a newer version.......I don't know the difference in the 2 versions. Obi, Hope you can help your friend.

Spinymouse 02-28-2007 06:55 PM

Well, I was hoping to start a trend by that picture I posted on page 2 -- come on, lets see you all post some pics!! Ah, but I never was a trend-setter!
jo

carolr3639 02-28-2007 09:02 PM

Jo, I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how to put pictures on here. I'm not sure I could do it if you told me how. ha!

CinnamonGirl 02-28-2007 09:23 PM

Carol, I've done that in the past since I only make a huge crock pot of chili a couple times a winter. I can eat a whole large tub of sour cream and a large bag of Fritos in a two or three days aways followed by hours of sugar cravings. Yuck! It's a total trigger food for me so no that idea would just not work for me. That's part of how I got fat through the years. I am doing very well with IE but I know there are certain trigger foods that I probably will chose to not bring into my life again. To me it's really not that big a deal because I really don't like how that tastes anyway and it really reaks havoc on my body.

Beth

Obsidianbbw 02-28-2007 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spiny has spoke, LOL hopefully there is a picture attached to this. It isn't the best, but I won't subject you to the others. It was taken while I was on vacation last summer.

Spinymouse 02-28-2007 11:11 PM

Obi! Wow! Thanks for posting your pic! YOU Rock with gorgeousness! I can see the SPIRIT in you!

2frustrated 03-01-2007 09:51 AM

Hello chatty bunch!

If you have to ask then you're not hungry. Yes I see the logic there. However I think when I KNOW I'm hungry I'm too hungry. I get the teatime tantrum! :tantrum: and I nearly bit DH's head off last night while I was getting something to eat! I'm very definitely not dehydrated - I drink about 6L of water a day, about 1 and a half gallons I think that is!

Spiny and Obi, great pictures! Let's see if I can get one of me up here!

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...s/IMG_0848.jpg me looking reasonably normal

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...jengloves2.jpg Me like I usually look when I'm training!

As for foods I can't have in the house. Any kind of biscuit. :p They will be GONE! Vamoose if I get my little paws on them! I'm trying to learn though. But I figure I don't really need them so I just don't buy them any more.

Obsidianbbw 03-01-2007 10:09 AM

I have to say we have a nice looking bunch women here....

Spiny you might be seeing the several rum runners I had....

-Obie

Obsidianbbw 03-01-2007 10:23 AM

Challenge...wondering if any is a member of one here. I've noticed we're pretty relaxed.

I am sorta in the Lent challenge. I don't post to it regularly, but trying to stay away from what I gave up.

Obsidianbbw 03-01-2007 10:50 AM

I post mine in the 300+ monthly excercise thread and another Sista going from NY to LA (every min= 1 mile) makes it more interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jusj5571 (Post 1592579)
May I join in?

It looks like I've been following you guys plan with knowing it.

I love and I think it's great.

I've been posting my excersing minutes daily in the SBD forum because I used to be on it but I can't find anywhere else to post it.