Old 11-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #421  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
I am sure you will have a fantastic official WI

I've been on a peanut butter kick - but this works with both Quest protein powder and the pudding powders.
1 scoop Quest PB (or pudding powder)
1 packet organic stevia
4oz water
ice...sorry, I use the bowl I am eating out of, but a good guesstimate would be 1.5C...& I had to experiment b/c too much ice thins the flavor (but makes a TON), too little and it stays 'pudding-like'
Place everything into a blender and blend...again, I can only give instructions based on what I use, but on my mini Cuisinart, it is "GRIND". I usually hold it for a minute, stir, then another 30 seconds.
That sounds delish! I'm going to have to try it with the Salted Caramel powder.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:19 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

YUM!!! I will have to give this a try!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:27 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Hopefully it scratches an "itch" if you have one
I readily admit I am not an ice cream aficionado so what this makes more than satisfies me I think too, mentally just having more than a small serving of pudding is worth the effort
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:41 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Beth OMG! thank you for the PB ice cream recipe.
I've been missing PB and tried this tonite with the Quest powder, So good!
Although it's more like a thick cold pudding ( I used about 1c ice, maybe use less? Is it more, well, solid like ice icream, when you make it?
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:10 PM   #425  

Actually it is more like a Milk shake? Definitely doesn't get hard like real ice cream...yah, more akin to eating a thick milk shake in a bowl...sorry if I got anyone super excited
Old 11-05-2015, 08:19 AM   #426  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Actually it is more like a Milk shake? Definitely doesn't get hard like real ice cream...yah, more akin to eating a thick milk shake in a bowl...sorry if I got anyone super excited
No worries, I'm still super excited
That thick milkshake in a bowl was YUMMY!
Going to try some other flavors. I've tried the IP Caramel pudding as a pudding, and ...meh... but I bet it would be better this way too!

Weigh in later this morning, a bit off schedule since my coach is away this week, so a substitute from another clinic. My home scale doesn't show much movement, if I'm down 1, I'll be happy.
Yesterday was a volunteering morning, then a funeral in the afternoon (one of Dad's old friends, he was in his 90s and had been ill. Dad's been gone for 10 years, and this is the last of his lifelong friends). A sad day, but lots of memories.

It looks like this is the last of the 70+ days, what a bonus!! cooler tomorrow and all next week (but still really nice for November!) Hope it's just as nice where everyone else is!
We have some big tress that have to be taken down, the tree guys are coming today to do that. We have a gazillion trees out back, quite wooded at the back of the property, but these are a bit too close to the house; we had a couple of big ones down in a storm last year (just missed the house), so, as much as we'd like to keep them, down they come today!
Old 11-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #427  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I'm reading all these ice cream posts while Blue Bell ice cream (THE standard by which all other ice creams are measured, at least in TX) is making its return to stores this week. (The plant had shut down for months due to a listeria contamination.) There was a story in our local paper about how the stores are already selling out of it, accompanied by a photo of two women with their BB purchase. And, sadly, both women looked to be about 400 pounds. It was a good reminder to me to think of (real) ice cream as a very occasional treat, not something I can have every day or even every week.

Still hovering around 156, and hoping my hot coffee kicks my small intestine into action this morning. I may have to resort to more aggressive measures this afternoon.

Blue, the weather is cooling off here, too, down from the 60's into the lower 50s during the day. Saturday morning's run should be in clear but cold-ish weather, around 52 at start time. That's actually pretty comfortable for me, and I won't need a jacket, although I might need to find a pair of light gloves. Our first round of really chilly weather usually shows up on Thanksgiving weekend, when it's often in the 40s and rainy/blustery.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #428  

Glad it was ok Blue I admit, I doctor mine outside the protocol boundaries using dehydrated peanuts (PBFit) when I don't use the Quest Peanut Butter flavor.
Actually, my favorite protocol-friendly version is the Proti-Thin chocolate pudding/shake with 1 stevia packet and a decent splash of Watkins Coconut emulsion - it's reminiscent of a Mounds Bar

I wish I could put into words how much better I am feeling - even with TOM finally starting to you all for the positive thoughts.

BTW - you know I love you all <3 but just want to put this out there - I know these boards are suppose to be for Ideal Protein / following protocol and at this point, I am really not doing IP (regardless of what I say)...I also know we don't really have an admin anymore - although one found someone who could close a thread...and I think Lisa still peeks at the boards from time to time
My long-winded way of saying: if anyone finds what I am posting to be an issue, please feel free to IM me - or even post publicly, that I shouldn't post certain things...
I can't tell you how invaluable this forum has been for me on this journey. I wouldn't be where I am at today without everyone's support and the years of accumulated information available.
I also don't want folks new to IP to get confused

Also, I'm not leaving I think it's more in terms of posting about food, protocol, IP in general... kwim?

I think you guys understand where I am coming from and if there are opinions one way or the other, I am all ears

Fact of the matter is I am not phasing off "properly". 8 extra ounces of protein doesn't equate to the amount of fat I have added to my diet...and P3 is about adding *carbs* (oh to someone who's been low carb(ish) for 12 years that is going to be difficult) - but as I had to find out the hard way, health > weight loss - and I was more afraid to jump straight to protocol P3 (calories from carbs) than to try and do this in a manor I believe will work & has worked for me (calories from fat)...but then that other voice in my head speaks up and says "well if low carb / fat worked so well why were you 234 pounds..." - even if I know the answer (& it wasn't low carb / fat...it was ALCOHOL and Doritos)

At the end of the day, weight loss is an individual journey for us all. Right now, what I am doing is working for me and the most important thing is I am feeling better and stronger! I even took a walk yesterday

It's off to the mall today for a splurge outfit - we have a meet and greet with our favorite band tomorrow. So excited / nervous...these guys are just the best and go out of their way to make every fan feel like a friend we've talked to them dozens of times, but this is very one-on-one (just us / them in the "green room")...we also get a private acoustic performance.

Last edited by hysteria_625; 11-05-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #429  

Beth - MHO, for what it's worth, since you asked.

I don't know what the actual board rules are, never saw them anywhere.
But we've been on this journey together, and I see your posts, and mine, and everyone else's, as a learning process, a support group, a place for help and motivation. You say how much it's helped you. Me too. Absolutely!

You've had some problems lately, and have experimented with ways to adjust - and so far, it seems to be working. Would staying strictly OP be working? Probably not, from what you've shared. Maybe I won't have these same issues ....but maybe someone else will, and maybe what you've tried will help them. Heaven knows how easy it is to get frustrated and just give up! So, good for you, for not doing that, and trying to figure out the best way for you to go forward.
I don't know if anyone will have an issue with this, but for me, anyway, I say...Keep posting.

So, enough about you. let's shift to me!
Got back from my WI, better than expected. Down 1.4
That brings my total to 49.4, I was hoping to reach 50 this week, but SO close. Next week for sure. When I started this, the thought in my head was, oh wow! if I could lose 50 lbs, I'd be so happy. And now I'm almost there!.
I might just celebrate this afternoon with Quest chocolate ice cream with coconut
Old 11-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #430  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Beth, I agree with Blue. We're all in this together, and just trying to do the protocol the best we can, with adjustments needed as necessary. That's what clinic coaches do - they give the clients modifications when there are significant bumps in the road. I'm cool with everyone sharing what works for them, as long as we remember to occasionally note that what we're going isn't official protocol, just so any newbies don't get confused.

Blue, w00t! So close to the big 5-0! Next week!!
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Beth I agree with Blue and HIS We are all in this together, sharing our experiences, finding our way and I think that it's a good point that occasionally it is pointed out that some people aren't 100% IP. I have learned so much here, I can't imagine this without all of you!!
Blue50 is right there!! That's awesome!!! Hope that your ice cream is a wonderful treat!! ☺
HISI don't want to forget to wish you best of luck for your run this weekend!!!!
BethLet's see this splurge outfit!!
On "TheBook" (Facebook) we have a page (several really) Upscale Clothing-just met a gal and bought 5 pairs of Silver Brand (? never heard of em, but) jeans 29" waist for 25 bucks. Even if they are "cheap" jeans- 25 bucks for 5 pairs even if I only wear them 2 or 3 times and throw them away (right, because that's what a clothes hoarder does right??) it still has to be a deal.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:28 PM   #432  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Beth I agree with Blue and HIS We are all in this together, sharing our experiences, finding our way and I think that it's a good point that occasionally it is pointed out that some people aren't 100% IP. I have learned so much here, I can't imagine this without all of you!!
Blue50 is right there!! That's awesome!!! Hope that your ice cream is a wonderful treat!! ☺
HISI don't want to forget to wish you best of luck for your run this weekend!!!!
BethLet's see this splurge outfit!!
On "TheBook" (Facebook) we have a page (several really) Upscale Clothing-just met a gal and bought 5 pairs of Silver Brand (? never heard of em, but) jeans 29" waist for 25 bucks. Even if they are "cheap" jeans- 25 bucks for 5 pairs even if I only wear them 2 or 3 times and throw them away (right, because that's what a clothes hoarder does right??) it still has to be a deal.
Silver jeans aren't cheap. $50 minimum depending on the style. $25 for 5 is fantastic!
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I agree! Heck, technically I am not 100% IP because I am doing alternatives, I also exercise and I also have an extra packet each day after I workout. We all have to do what works for us. For people who want that, I believe that there are "100% threads", or at least there used to be.

Day 11 of reboot. Not much to say other than just plugging along. Sat. is my official weigh day, and I am hoping for another good loss.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks for the feedback. I assumed the programs were nearly identical- just given different names. So far it is still going well. Seeing the results you ladies have had in the long term is very positive for me. I have dieted and failed many times, so making it 3.5 weeks thus far is like a record, lol! I have had one previous attempt where I did 1200 cals a day and had a trainer, and lost 40 pounds back in 2010 (in about 4 months, 209 to 168). I maintained that for the most part for two years, then regained half (back to 190) and lost it again (back to 172). This last go around I let it pretty much all come back (207!!). I feel much more determined this time to stick it out. With your help, of course!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:50 AM   #435  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Just my opinion on the Quest banana powder in a shake....meh.....after yesterday's peanut butter shake, which was delicious, I had pretty high hopes....nice and thick but flavor is actually on the bland side. Going to try the syntax nectar double stuff cookie at lunchtime. Hopefully that will live up to my expectations.
So, got the jeans home tried them on, a little snug, they are all low rise...that's ok, another small goal to work towards. Hopefully hula hooping is going to get me there...1/2 hour this morning before I made my lunch and breakfast. I've got to start learning some "tricks" other than just the side to side and front to back. I wish there were classes close to home other than the once a month one that I went to for the first time last month.
Glad it's Friday, even if I have to work for a couple of hours tomorrow. I hope that everyone has a great day!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote