Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 03:31 PM   #76  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, I just read through this whole thread and decided to jump in. Wow Lisa your first post in the thread is awesome - what a WEALTH of information! Thank you!!!

I am in my 9th week and have lost 30 lbs! I absolutely cannot believe it has been 9 weeks - it only feels like a few. So for those of you that are less than a week or only a couple of weeks in, hang in there - you won't believe how fast it goes by!

I do have a question for you all - I'm struggling with getting the veggies in. I've never been a fan of veggies and I often have salad for my dinner with my protein so I don't eat salad at lunch too. If I have an IP omelet or soup I'll add veggies but other than that I don't eat them. Does anyone have suggestions for how to get more in or what to do to learn to like veggies more?

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2015, 07:39 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'9

[QUOTE=roxysmom;5192253]Hi all, I just read through this whole thread and decided to jump in. Wow Lisa your first post in the thread is awesome - what a WEALTH of information! Thank you!!!

I am in my 9th week and have lost 30 lbs! I absolutely cannot believe it has been 9 weeks - it only feels like a few. So for those of you that are less than a week or only a couple of weeks in, hang in there - you won't believe how fast it goes by!

I do have a question for you all - I'm struggling with getting the veggies in. I've never been a fan of veggies and I often have salad for my dinner with my protein so I don't eat salad at lunch too. If I have an IP omelet or soup I'll add veggies but other than that I don't eat them. Does anyone have suggestions for how to get more in or what to do to learn to like veggies more?

I hear ya! My idea of a veggie was French fries with gravy! Lol! Now, I cook my veggies in the oven using some coconut oil ( coach approved) and whatever spice I feel like, I love them! I wait until they're just crispy brown now have no problems eating any veggies that way. I still struggle with boiled/steamed, but try and do that once a week (just to get into healthy habits). My favourite is kale, wow, who knew greens could be this good. Also, I put spinach into my salads to bulk it up and add some veggies along with cut up cucumber, union, mushrooms. Very filling!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:27 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Roxy - a lot of folks blend spinach into rtd's - personally, I am more like Chris in that I've tried and been able to add a variety of new veggies to my life - rutabaga, rhubarb, brussel sprouts, zoodles, grilled zucchini, cauliflower rice love my veggies now!!!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yep, rhubarb as a veggie choice - and a couple cups cooks down pretty well. With a bit of stevia and cinnamon or with a squirt of berry Mio it's awesome - you could have 'fruit for dessert' every night...
I also like the crunch and fresh flavour of organic celery sticks - it doesn't take much to make a serving.
But then again I am the Veggi-nator! I eat approx. 6 c of veg a day in maint. and it ain't all salad, lol.

Liana
Old 08-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Yep, rhubarb as a veggie choice - and a couple cups cooks down pretty well. With a bit of stevia and cinnamon or with a squirt of berry Mio it's awesome - you could have 'fruit for dessert' every night...
I also like the crunch and fresh flavour of organic celery sticks - it doesn't take much to make a serving.
But then again I am the Veggi-nator! I eat approx. 6 c of veg a day in maint. and it ain't all salad, lol.

Liana
Mmmmmm - just finished a 1C serving of Janeva's rhubarb compote - SO easy to make - 20 minutes, start to finish

Growing up I had celery sticks in my lunch..every day I have found a new appreciation for them though on IP - quick, easy, and filling
Old 08-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #81  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxysmom View Post
Hi all, I just read through this whole thread and decided to jump in. Wow Lisa your first post in the thread is awesome - what a WEALTH of information! Thank you!!!

Today was my 9 week weigh in. Like you, I can hardly believe it! I haven't quite reached the 30-pound loss mark yet, but I'm close. And in just two more pounds, I'll be halfway to goal. I'm incredulous as to how well this protocol works for weight loss.

Okay, veggies. I have a Quest protein shake with a 1 cup of spinach blended in almost every day. You can't taste the spinach at all, and it's a good vegetable for fiber and some micronutrients like vitamins A & C.

I'm fortunate in that I love steamed broccoli and cauliflower. But you might like them better with some seasonings and a spritz of olive oil. I haven't tried chayote squash yet, but I've read that when you bake it with oatmeal, it resembles apples. There's also a recipe for baked zucchini that include apple pie spice, which makes the veggie taste like apples. It's pretty good.

And, yes, rhubarb! I like it just stewed with some Splenda. I like cucumbers, but eating them plain gets tiresome, so sometimes I'll marinate them in a blend of oil, apple cider vinegar, and Splenda.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:18 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

So I just discovered Walden Farms creamers. I think they are really good (and I don't typically like anything from WF)! I like the sweet cream one in coffee. I also like the regular or sweet cream one over my apple cinnamon oatmeal. But the best is a microwaved IP brownie with sweet cream on top for dessert. HOLY COW!!! Yum-o.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #83  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Thanks for the tips everyone - I do like steamed cauliflower and broccoli but get tired of them. I'll definitely have to try the rhubarb - never even thought of that before!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #84  
Ideal Protien

S/C/G: 221/212.4/150

Height: 5'2

Default Newbie

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the IP diet. As many of you I have tried several other diets and I'm hoping this one will work for me. So far so good I am on my 2nd week. I weigh in on Thursday mornings. Week one I was down 7 lbs so I super excited. I have a goal weight to lose about 75 lbs. I am looking for motivation and support for when the tough times jump up and bite me.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #85  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Welcome Arrrla3! If you are on your second week you have hit a good stride. That nice weight loss in the beginning is sooo inspiring! Keep it up!

Cindy
Old 08-10-2015, 05:11 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
So I just discovered Walden Farms creamers. I think they are really good (and I don't typically like anything from WF)! I like the sweet cream one in coffee. I also like the regular or sweet cream one over my apple cinnamon oatmeal. But the best is a microwaved IP brownie with sweet cream on top for dessert. HOLY COW!!! Yum-o.
OMG! Right? I like my coffee black, but my dentist suggested I add a little milk to prevent it from staining my teeth. I bought the sweet cream as well, I'll have to try it on oatmeal too! I don't do the brownie...sounds delish!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hahahah, laughing about the celery, hysteria! I could never eat it until I tried organic. The 'regular' always had a metallic taste and made my tongue a bit numb. Now I realize that it was probably the pesticides (they are pretty tenacious even when veggies are well washed).
As for school, I took a small single serving can of unsweetened grapefruit juice every single day of my school life as part of my lunch. I LOOOOOVE the bitter tanginess of grapefruit, it was the best part of lunch (& I was one of those weird kids who had 'interesting' lunches - traditional European kitchen at home so there were some pretty good leftovers in my lunches).
BTW, this picture is for you!!! LOL

Liana
Old 08-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #88  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrrla3 View Post
I wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the IP diet. As many of you I have tried several other diets and I'm hoping this one will work for me. So far so good I am on my 2nd week. I weigh in on Thursday mornings. Week one I was down 7 lbs so I super excited. I have a goal weight to lose about 75 lbs. I am looking for motivation and support for when the tough times jump up and bite me.
Welcome to the forum. The IP diet has worked for me and the people on this site have been so motivational and helpful I'm sure you will have the same experience
Old 08-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hahahah, laughing about the celery, hysteria! I could never eat it until I tried organic. The 'regular' always had a metallic taste and made my tongue a bit numb. Now I realize that it was probably the pesticides (they are pretty tenacious even when veggies are well washed).
As for school, I took a small single serving can of unsweetened grapefruit juice every single day of my school life as part of my lunch. I LOOOOOVE the bitter tanginess of grapefruit, it was the best part of lunch (& I was one of those weird kids who had 'interesting' lunches - traditional European kitchen at home so there were some pretty good leftovers in my lunches).
BTW, this picture is for you!!! LOL

Liana
Too funny! Isn't that weird about celery? Ever since I tried organic, I cannot tolerate the taste of the regular. Carrots too, which I will enjoy again soon enough 😇
Old 08-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #90  

Hahahahaha Liana - that even looks like my old school uniform
Closed Thread