Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:16 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelin Woman View Post
Hi all

My second day of my 100 day VLCD. I made changes earlier in the year and walk 3.6 miles to work and back each day to work. I thought that would be enough to lose some of the weight but instead it increased my appetite so the 730 cals burnt were soon replaced with carbs.

My boyfriend calls me the Michelin man (hence the nickname) and is often unkind about my weight so I really want to lose the weight and then lose the man! (He doesn't know my second part of the plan yet!)

His latest jibe when I asked him how his ex coped with is unkind remarks and he said "there was nothing physically wrong with how she looked...just her personality"...should I be flattered or hurt? A compliment and an insult in one maybe

Anyway here I am on the bus to slimdom and hope to make some mates along the way xxx
Good luck on your weight loss journey. I don't know what to say about your boyfriend...but if you are planning on getting rid of him after you lose weight, and he is unkind to you now...why not drop him NOW? No one deserves to be treated unkindly, no matter WHAT they look like!
Old 08-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

HereIStand, I actually went from 0 exercise, 0 walking, to doing a 5k. Not the right way to do things! But it got me motivated to get my butt in gear. I went to the park yesterday and walked/jogged 1.5 miles with my couch to 5k app. I know i'm a little backwards. I eat extra protein on the days I walk/run, but I'm not fully doing IP right now, i'm maintaining by eating a low carb, atkins type. I want to get back on IP totally and get the rest of this weight off. I'm just having difficultly doing so. I am proud to say that I have not eaten anything off plan in over a year, except for extra fat and cheese. No bread, sugar, pasta, soda, nothing. I don't crave it, desire it, or want it. My down fall is cheese and alcohol.

Michelin Woman, I am sorry that your boyfriend is such an ***. I was married to someone like that for 15 years. It took me losing weight and gaining enough self respect to leave him. I'm sorry you have to go through that.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:32 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 270

4 weeks today with IP, was going off track over the weekend and almost didn't keep my appt with the clinic. So glad I did, lots of inspiring words and coaching. Don't give up, don't give up........
Old 08-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #139  

Default newbie

Hi ladies!
I have been on the program for 2 weeks now. I am still trying to figure everything out. So far i have lost 14lbs. Im having difficulties getting the veggies in my system as my faves (carrots, tomatoes etc) are not allowed. Could you please help me out with some dinner ideas?! What has worked for you all?!
I appreciate all your suggestions!!!!
Thank you
Kasia
Old 08-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Hi MW - welcome!
I am obviously not 100% sure how safe your situation is with this verbally abusive man, but am making 2 suggestions:
1. Google "our place forums" - it is a safe place with a lot of resources and support
2. If you can, download and read "Why Does He Do That?" by Lundy Bancroft

I am glad to read you are already making plans to lose an extra 175 pounds (your bf)
Old 08-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 237/150.2/150

Height: 5' 5"

kaszuby2015, I too am having some trouble eating all my veggies. My problem personally is that I wasn't a huge vegetable-eater at all before I started IP 3 weeks ago, but soon realized that if I didn't eat them on this plan that I'd feel a bit woozy the next day, so instead of dealing with that, I got to researching!

I use a website called Yummly that's actually pretty helpful. When you set up an account, it asks you for preferences and allergies and things like that, and you can totally set it up to be IP-friendly by saying that you're dairy-free, low-carb, no gluten, etc. and then it pops out a bunch of awesome recipes that fit the plan. They all have yummy veggies that go with them too, so you don't have to think so much about an entree *and* a separate veggie. Oftentimes, the residual goodness of whatever you cook in a pan is used to flavor your veggies like in the case of a really good Shrimp Scampi and Zucchini Pasta recipe I found on that site.

I'd also recommend taking a look at the IP recipe forums on this site because all of these amazing people collaborate in all sorts of creative ways to provide insight and tips for improving your packets and making veggies less boring. I never would've found out about my pizza substitute, cauliflower 'bread' sticks without them
Old 08-25-2015, 10:26 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
I use a Ninja. I bought it a couple of years ago, mostly for making margaritas (which it is perfect for ) . I put spinach in my shakes and the Ninja just obliterates it. I bought a very basic Magic Bullet for my daughter, and it has nowhere near the power the Ninja has.
Which Ninja do you have? I just bought the magic bullet (waiting for it in the mail). Ordered it as a "maybe" but i also needed the it for my order to ship free and if i don't want it i'll just bring it back to the store.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #143  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

SHARK!!!! I'm so Proud of you! YOu look amazing. I phased off for summer, and have been able to maintain with the exception of my laproscopic surgery I had last week. I am just not ready to go back on plan right now, but when I do, I will kill it. I'm just maintaining right now, and trying to hang tight. I keep checking the blog every now in then, but still losing over 40 pounds for me is super awesome! Happy Wednesday EVERYONE!!!
Old 08-27-2015, 10:14 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning!

I have been rebooting for a few weeks (probably going to phase off again starting tomorrow).

I am scheduled to donate blood this afternoon. Is this going to be a problem donating blood?

I am planning to eat like a P2 day with protein for lunch.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:04 AM   #145  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszuby2015 View Post
Hi ladies!
I have been on the program for 2 weeks now. I am still trying to figure everything out. So far i have lost 14lbs. Im having difficulties getting the veggies in my system as my faves (carrots, tomatoes etc) are not allowed. Could you please help me out with some dinner ideas?! What has worked for you all?!
Thank you
Kasia
Welcome! You can have limited tomatoes so don't count those out. A fresh salsa is good because there is no added sugar. My hubby doesn't love vegetables. We make a lot of crockpot soups. He doesn't seem to mind when the spinach/green beans is cooked with the meat. Also have you tried roasting your veggies? Or you can add spinach or kale to your IP drinks and make a smoothie. Many people do that successfully too.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5'3"

3rd day of diet and it has been a bit hard. I just feel hungry at all odd times. I am sticking pretty strictly to the diet.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #147  
Started IP 6/10/2015

I struggle with the veggies too so I keep looking up ideas that other people post. I tried some microwave zucchini chips and they were pretty good - I also like turnip fries. There are recipes for Rutabaga fries too but those are limited veggies and turnips are not. If I have an omelet I'll add spinach to that and if I have salad I add spinach to the romaine lettuce I like too. I like steamed broccoli with rotini and there are some great ideas for "ricing" cauliflower too. You can just cook frozen cauliflower in the microwave then you mash it up - you can use a blender or bullet - it's actually really good! There's a great recipe out there to add mashed up cauliflower with an egg white to your IP potato puree and it makes a crepe! I have that with some walden farms sauce on it and spinach or whatever veggies - it's really good! To get in 2 cups a day is definitely a challenge though!
Old 08-27-2015, 01:50 PM   #148  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPetals View Post
3rd day of diet and it has been a bit hard. I just feel hungry at all odd times. I am sticking pretty strictly to the diet.
Hang in there - that first week or so is tough but it definitely gets better!
Old 08-27-2015, 02:28 PM   #149  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelin Woman View Post
Hi all

My second day of my 100 day VLCD. I made changes earlier in the year and walk 3.6 miles to work and back each day to work. I thought that would be enough to lose some of the weight but instead it increased my appetite so the 730 cals burnt were soon replaced with carbs.

My boyfriend calls me the Michelin man (hence the nickname) and is often unkind about my weight so I really want to lose the weight and then lose the man! (He doesn't know my second part of the plan yet!)

His latest jibe when I asked him how his ex coped with is unkind remarks and he said "there was nothing physically wrong with how she looked...just her personality"...should I be flattered or hurt? A compliment and an insult in one maybe

Anyway here I am on the bus to slimdom and hope to make some mates along the way xxx
Welcome MW ! Sorry that you have a jerk for a soon-to-be-ex, but I'd say lose him sooner rather than later. You don't need someone who can't be supportive and loving, especially not while doing IP. Again, welcome, fellow Brit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscoknits View Post
4 weeks today with IP, was going off track over the weekend and almost didn't keep my appt with the clinic. So glad I did, lots of inspiring words and coaching. Don't give up, don't give up........
Welcome Cisco! Glad you made your appointment and were inspired! Lisa often posts a daily quote from the maintenance books for us, that keeps us all focused on good habits. Just take it one day at a time until it becomes habit and you don't think about it anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszuby2015 View Post
Hi ladies!
Thank you
Kasia
Welcome and congrats on the 14lbs gone, Kasia! Veggies are one of those things that you simply don't know what is great until you try them all. If you have a slow cooker, you can make a kind of ragout with softer veggies (and meat if you wish). You can also use your daily "fats" allowance (2 tsp of oil - I use butter) to saute things like kale, yellow squash, shredded zucchini. You can also switch out one of your daily packets for a whole egg with 2-3 egg whites and make a veggie omelette. Roasted cauliflower florets with a little curry powder are out of this world yummy. You can use a crispy cereal or pancake packet with some grated and steamed cauli to make a kind of bread and blitz some red peppers, raw onion, yellow squash into a soup. Baked and stuffed peppers are wonderful with the chili packet, too! Be brave and adventurous - try out all the veggies on the list. You'll be surprised at how much your tastebuds change during IP; and veggies you have never liked in the past suddenly become THE food that you want.

If you are a Facebook member, check out Janeva's Ideal Recipes Cookbook as she is a phenomenally creative cook and has inspired many a tasty meal in this household.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Good morning!

I have been rebooting for a few weeks (probably going to phase off again starting tomorrow).

I am scheduled to donate blood this afternoon. Is this going to be a problem donating blood?

I am planning to eat like a P2 day with protein for lunch.

Thanks!
I was always told that the priority for easy blood giving is to be well hydrated; and that you should replenish strength after donating. I'd be inclined to eat your P2 lunch and have a half restricted bar immediately afterwards so you don't get that weakness. At least it would help you avoid the free cookie they toss at you afterwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPetals View Post
Welcome Petals! The first week is the hardest in terms of how you feel, but it definitely gets easier. Drinking water between meals really helps with hunger.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:48 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Default Ready to forgive myself

Hello ladies. I haven't been here in some time. On my 10 th day of reboot. I am what you call the Queen of Self Sabbotage. In March I was at 127 pounds...so close....went on vacation...gained a little back...but just could not forgive myself...so I spiraled out of control...now I'm at 155...I was back up to 167 went I started my reboot ten days ago...
I know I am my worst critic...I know what I have to do...I just don't know why I do this to myself...during the past months I would go to the store and buy junk...lots and lots (chips, licorice, jelly beans, chocolate...) and eat it all...to the point where I would feel sick and my stomach would hurt...and then a few days later...do it again...of course I would get on the scale and feel disgusted...do IP for a few days and then for some reason the junk would call my name. i cannot just have a bite of junk...not 1 chip, not 1 licorice...if I do...it' s over. My brain says ..well since you had one have all you wnat and start again tomorrow.
It took me some time to come back here. I LOVE this site and I know I have all this great suuport but I think I just did not want it. I just wanted to eat.
Well on this morning I am pledging to myslef and all you Ipeeps that this time if ever I do fall...I will come and talk to you.
I have cried many tears for what I have done to myself in the past months (my health not just the weight) but I know I am worth it, I love myself and I forgive myself.
Thank you for being there for me, Linda
Closed Thread