Old 08-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #76  

Liana I'm not sure if I'm going to take any trips with you lol.
Maybe all of your bad luck is going to happen this year and next year will be coming up roses...
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good morning y'all! Just a note to say I am officially a maintainer as of today!
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:51 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Good morning y'all! Just a note to say I am officially a maintainer as of today!
Yayyyyyyyyy JJtx!!!!!!!! :congr at:

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 08-05-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:03 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Thats absolutely the greatest news!!!!! Congratulations to you and CONTINUED success!!!!!!:carr ot:
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:50 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

JJtx Congratulations!!!

Liana, bummer about the wallet. No one needs that kind of stress.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:31 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I am soooo looking forward to fall, serves me right for taking a proper vacation in the summer (we haven't done that for at least 8 yrs - just our superbusy time for work). Maybe all the crap will be done by September (we have a wedding to go to in Creston, BC on the Labour Day long weekend so that trip better go well).
The one good thing that happened was that DH's mum 'gifted' us her car as she realizes that she will not be driving anymore. Just in time too, as I have been randomly car shopping knowing our Toyota is on her last legs. Well, technically it's not a gift as the value goes on the spreadsheet that she wants the kids to keep of who is getting what money and gifts that she is giving out. That way no one is in any position to claim 'unfair.' 3 out of the 4 kids are fine, but 1 is a greedy beggar and is always trying to take advantage and whining that she is treated unfairly. It is a 2006 Honda Accord 4 dr sedan with 6 cyl, all interior bells & whistles, dual climate control, leather heated seats, sun roof, and only 79,000 km. Technically not our first choice for a car, but it is a solid vehicle that will last a long time and hold value, so who am I to turn up my nose at it (although we really wanted a Chrysler 300 with a Hemi, lol)? Now just going through all the fuss of transfer papers & registration (it is going to be strictly in DH's name for the transfer so no 'child' gets bent out of joint, then once it's his it will be changed to joint ownership).

On a sadder note... (sorry to end my post this way) this morning my mum was searching around the house before they went out to get their regular blood work up at the lab done, and asked dad where her mom was. Mum was 24 and I was 2 yrs old when Grandma died. The dementia is moving very fast...

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your support!

Liana - sorry to hear about your mom
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #83  

Liana I am sorry about your Mom. I remember when my Grandfather's situation came on like that - very similar - it was very hard on our hearts.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

JJTX - congratulations!!!!

Liana, great timing for the car and should last a long time. That must be so hard for you and your dad to see your mom struggle like that. My dad got officially diagnosed a few months ago with cognitive deterioration and is at risk for Alzheimer's. While at the cottage it was quite evident that he'd get confused and forgetful.

I'm sticking with my P1 and taking it slow and trying to be realistic. A small part of me wants to avoid my WI tomorrow cuz I don't want to disappoint my coach. Crazy. Anyway I'll do it and take a breathe and carry on.

Hi to everyone
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #85  

Jenny congrats on P1 - that's not easy..

I'm on a modified P1 for a week - so far so good - doing alt because I want to keep exercising and I can't go VLC because of blood sugar - but I can tell it's going to get the water retention off and at least get me out of the scream weight zone.....
wish me luck

Also my muscle pulls seem close to over, and I finally get to go back to hot yoga tonight and I think next week maybe can do some short runs... for now I can at least do my lunch break walks again.

Ahhhhhh August.... I feel like I can catch a breath finally.
Have a date this week with someone new and going to the mountains for a few days with a friend.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello Maintainers! TGIF

Liana: I sure hope your vacation karma gets better. But yay for a "newish" car that you don't have to put out money for. And so sorry to hear about your Mom. It's so difficult to see your love ones lose their bearings.

Jenny: I will be doing P1 when I get back from vacay as well. I am NOT looking forward to it. I'm going to try to have food freedom while there, but not all out gluttony so I don't have too much to lose when I get home.

JJTX: Congrats! You made it!

Grateful: Dates...I remember those. Hope you have fun.

My day has not been so great. I just got back from the Ortho. Ordinary things are causing knee pain, even the things that the ortho told me I could do like swimming, walking, and bicycle. So, we are waiting for approval from the insurance and then I can get a Synvisc shot. I've had one before and it worked well for about 8 months. I'm hoping they are quick about approval and I can get the shot next week, otherwise I have to wait until AFTER vacation, since we have to allow for adverse reactions. That will put a damper on things, since a lot of walking is on the agenda. Keeping my fingers crossed that the insurance company will move quickly. Is that an oxymoron? Also my 4 up lbs are not going away. OK. Whine/Rant over.

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely weekend.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:49 AM   #87  

Andrea I totally understand about the walking – I hope that works out. I kept thinking when I was reading though, thank goodness you're at your healthy weight now. It would've been so much harder on your joints to be carrying extra weight.
Best wishes for the trip

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 08-10-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:25 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all! Just trotting along here at 100 mph, hair straight back - one more co-worker down - this one with a C5 vertebral fracture - he's not even sure how that happened!! We are overbooked and overworked and looking forward to the end of the summer contracts. So I am not here very often...
Good news to share! Yaaaay! I am down 4.4 pounds since my weigh-in when I got back from my Coastal trip. Getting there.... 6 more would be lovely but even 3, I wouldn't complain too much. I had gotten to my 'stuck' weight that I was at during P1 when I stopped losing weight & felt ill (then I switched to Alternative Diabetic P1 to bust through it). Doing Alternative Diabetic P2 to lose the weight right now.
If I haven't said so already, YeeHaw, JJTx! Woot woot on first date and lessening muscle issues, G4H! Andrea, maybe the 4 up lbs are due to the lingering inflammation in the knees... I hope you get shot . How are you doing with the tummy issues, lex?

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:04 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 238.8/144.8/145ish

Height: 5'6

Sorry things are so crazy at work canadjineh - although I can totally relate! My schedule won't slow down until after November, and then there's only a few more months left in my contract so added stress of looking for a new position.

As for the unexpected and unwanted weight gain, seems like things are moving along in the right direction. After a week of P1 I managed to lose 11 of the 15lbs, so pretty excited about that. Am back to more P4 eating but hoping I can still do away with those last 4 lbs that are keeping me from where I want to be.

Just in case anyone was ever in any doubt... yup, you can gain 15lbs of water in a matter of days and then loose nearly all of it the next week. Sure makes fitting into my clothes an interesting adventure!
lexukc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Lex - that's great news the water weight is coming off, I am a little amazed that your body held on to that much water. Hopefully that doesn't happen again that would stress me out.

Andrea - I hope you get the shot in time for your holiday. That is hard that you're experiencing pain in what was a pain free activity.

Liana - woot woot to you and getting those lbs off. That is horrible news about your co worker and scarier still that he doesn't know how it happened. You have a busy job my friend, I'm amazed at all your energy.

I did my first du ahalon last weekend, no swim cuz the lake was too cold so it was a run bike run. I finished 7/112 in my age group. Disappointed to not do the swim, I rented a wetsuit and everything. Already looking for another triathalon for the fall.
Still need to work hard at eating on p1. Have some post race inflammation, finishing TOM, and of course just feeling like I want to snack on everything. Made food for next day and planned out what I'll eat at work pot luck.

Hi to everyone
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote