Old 10-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #226  

Jennydoodle we were posting at the same time. I had a very similar experience - ended up in maintenance after an injury higher than I wanted, and did a 6 week reboot that ended in October. Am still working on finding the balance but so far what is working best is dropping down a little lower calorie (1200 or so, and not many refined carbs - kind of an Alt P1 with mostly whole foods) for a day or two when the scale goes above my comfort zone, and not exercising on those days.

Good luck with your reboot. I didn't lose quite as much as I originally planned for the reboot, but my body rebelled after 6 weeks ("DONE" it said - actually it screamed), and also I think I'm figuring out my goal weight is a little higher as long as my inches are where I want them to be. Muscle truly does weigh more than fat, and I put on muscle when I came off P1, so I can't keep trying to get to that lower goal.

I have gotten more balanced with my exercise, so that I feel good but not always tired (I think I was creating a bit of an exercise compulsion). Btw at the end of the reboot I did put on a lb or two from the glycemic restore, and in this last month seem to go up and down within that range depending on TOM and eating out (the extra salt in restaurants).

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 10-27-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:58 PM   #227  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,

I am not in maintenance mode quite yet, but I have been planning for it especially while doing holiday planning.

I ran across a website as well as recipes for holidays that I thought you might be interested in.

There is a website called holdthecarbs.com. They sell low carb cooking/baking items. I came across a low carb pumpkin pie recipe. It is certainly not low cal but it is ketogenic. I calculated the macronutrients for it as their recipes do not have them. I am not sure if any of you are following a ketogenic type diet in maintenance. I think that is what I am going to do.

The macros for the pumpkin pie including whipped cream topping is as follows:
For 1 slice (1/8 of pie) and assuming crust is made with walnuts,
529 Calories, 43 grams of Fat, 30 Total Carbs, 17g Dietary Fiber, 8 g Sugar and 9 grams of Protein.

I have found some of their products mentioned they no longer carry so for the LC Golden Milled Flax, I replaced with Bob's Red Mill Organic Flaxseed and instead of the LC Natural Sweet, I replaced with LC White Sugar Sweetener - Inulin. You can buy their low carb products from their website.

For comparison sake, I looked up a slice of regular pumpkin pie without whipped cream and the macros are:
323 Calories, 13 g Fat, 46 Total Carbs, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 25 Sugars, 5 g Protein.

Just thought I'd share my findings...
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:41 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Amber- I am hoping that since it has been so long since I have been on P1, that my reboot will be as successful as my first time around on IP I phased off almost 4 years ago and I haven't been low carb in 2 years. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is enough time in between that my "forgot" about ketosis and low carb.

I am feeling good and think that I am getting into ketosis. I finally got some restricted items, so I can start moving them into the rotation. For the first couple of days it was only shakes, and man, did I need a bar! Ate it for breakfast this morning and it was nice to have something to chew. I am heading over to GNC after work and I am going to try the quest chips. They would probably make a pretty good afternoon snack instead of a shake.

I'm just plugging along and have my eyes set on 155#. Less than 5# to go to hit that mini goal and I am anxious for it
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #229  

Jennydoodle, I liked all the Quest chips - it took me a while to get used to the blandness but once I did I really liked them. They were my lunch "go to" on the reboot.

My doctor/clinic told me in their experience people actually do better on the reboot and often lose faster. They said the reason they've noticed people often lose slower the second time is that they simply aren't as strict.
That was true for me, after 3 weeks of good losses I was only 2 lbs from goal and starving and started adding an extra packet or two as I had a very busy and active few weeks with work/life etc. (Next time I do a reboot I'm going to plan it at a slower time).
I did lose a lot of inches during the last 3 weeks, but not many lbs.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #230  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Jennydoodle, I liked all the Quest chips - it took me a while to get used to the blandness but once I did I really liked them. They were my lunch "go to" on the reboot.

My doctor/clinic told me in their experience people actually do better on the reboot and often lose faster. They said the reason they've noticed people often lose slower the second time is that they simply aren't as strict.
That was true for me, after 3 weeks of good losses I was only 2 lbs from goal and starving and started adding an extra packet or two as I had a very busy and active few weeks with work/life etc. (Next time I do a reboot I'm going to plan it at a slower time).
I did lose a lot of inches during the last 3 weeks, but not many lbs.
I have lost 16 pounds more through 10 weeks as compared to 1st time but I attribute that to underlying health issues that didn't become known until I reached goal.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #231  

That is very interesting information! I am using alternatives, so I am not sure if that will make a difference, but I do plan to be strict. Ultimately I want to do this for as short of an amount of time as possible! It will be interesting to see if my losses are better, worse or the same this go around.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #232  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
That is very interesting information! I am using alternatives, so I am not sure if that will make a difference, but I do plan to be strict. Ultimately I want to do this for as short of an amount of time as possible! It will be interesting to see if my losses are better, worse or the same this go around.
I was very interested/worried about what would happen the 2nd time around because I made a number of changes from the first time but mainly due to using alternatives. I had read a post here that mentioned the golden opportunity or something like that of low carb dieting the first time. That worried me that this was going to be harder but instead I have found better results. But, full disclosure, I also found that once I reached goal and getting ill that I was hypothyroid along with a number of other issues. I don't know how long that had been going on that hindered my original results. I now get frequent blood tests to ensure all is good. My next one is Nov 9.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:38 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi

I have been MIA from here, the cold took awhile to go away and took a 5 day course of prednisone to clear up the wheezing. Maybe running the 18k was not such a good idea. I have a half marathon Sunday, going to take it easy.

Jennydoodle, great job on your exercise and getting to your mini goal.

Amber - I was smiling when I read your post about loving your body. So happy for you.

Hi to everyone
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:00 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
When your muscles are sore, they retain water? I have been stuck at the same weight for days (6 to be exact) but I have been SOOOOO sore from some of my workouts this week. I am also at the tail end of my period, so maybe both combined are preventing scale movement?
LOL, there's a reason bodybuilding contestants pump up immediately before a contest showdown... increases the size of the muscles due to increased blood flow and retaining water for a bit after.

Liana

Amber: Congrats on the realization and internalization - and YESSSS! the 'happy little cloud' dance!!!
Jenny.... be careful, there is always another race instead, get yourself feeling up to par first

Still at 134 even though I have been eating a lot of cheese & pepperoni, lol (just no Crispy Minis, lol)... Too busy with important health agendas (to continue Warfarin or try a more wholistic method - my MIL), and trying to get our old car fixed up, and then sold, and spending time with my parents, and getting our new car winterized ('baby needs new shoes'), blah blah blah..... the usuals. Just catching up. I have been off MFP for a bit too. All my screen time is research on PubMed, Kelly Blue Book car conditions & prices, etc....

Last edited by canadjineh; 10-29-2015 at 02:19 AM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone

Did you guys experience extreme hunger on phase III?
I feel I could eat everything in sight since starting Phase III

Plus I'm soooo extremely sleepy half hr after eating, I can barely stay awake at work. Tummy is also very bloated. OMG

Last edited by Sunflower40; 10-29-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Halloween Eve Maintainers!

Grateful: What a wonderful post about body acceptance. Good for you.

Jenny: Glad you are feeling better!

Jennydoodle: I used all alternatives after the first 2 months. Didn't make a bit of difference except to my wallet. IP products aren't magic, although some are way tastier than alternatives. Good luck on your reboot.

Liana: Super busy as usual. Good luck on all the things!

Sunflower: I don't recall that at all. Actually the opposite. I was so stuffed that I had to cut back the 8oz of protein at lunch and dinner to around 4 or 5. But I sure loved those P3 breakfasts! I still do. The bloat and sleepiness could be from the reintroduction of the carbs at breakfast. Try backing off a bit, like one piece of toast instead of two, and see if that helps.

I am staying steady on the weight. Little ups and downs every day but below my scream weight. I seem to be super sensitive to sodium as well as carbs. I know I haven't eaten 3500+ calories to gain fat so that has to be what it is. The weather is finally turning cooler here so it was time to break out some light sweaters and boots. I was so happy the other day when I was shopping for some black knee boots and I didn't have to buy wide calf!
As far as body acceptance: it is what it is. I have lots of saggy skin. I was obese for over 20 years. And now I'm in my late 50's. I don't think it's going to shrink. It's been almost a year since I lost the weight and my skin pretty much looks the same. But at least I'll be wearing a medium pair of Spanx instead of XXL. Gotta stay positive!

Last edited by catlady1981; 10-30-2015 at 09:23 AM.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #237  

Sunflower- what are you choosing for your carb sources? I get extremely bloated and sleepy if I eat gluten. And it makes me crave more and more.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:55 AM   #238  

Good morning! Still plugging along on the reboot.

OMG. Can I just say Quest Chips?!?!?!? I love them! The only complaint I have with them is they are not as filling as a shake or making a protein "cake / cookie". But they taste amazing.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #239  

Quote:
Sunflower- what are you choosing for your carb sources? I get extremely bloated and sleepy if I eat gluten. And it makes me crave more and more.
1 slice of whole wheat toast (sometimes 2), 2 eggs, 1 greek yogurt with almonds and 10 grapes.

Last edited by Sunflower40; 10-30-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:40 PM   #240  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Happy Halloween Eve Maintainers!

Grateful: What a wonderful post about body acceptance. Good for you.

Jenny: Glad you are feeling better!

Jennydoodle: I used all alternatives after the first 2 months. Didn't make a bit of difference except to my wallet. IP products aren't magic, although some are way tastier than alternatives. Good luck on your reboot.

Liana: Super busy as usual. Good luck on all the things!

Sunflower: I don't recall that at all. Actually the opposite. I was so stuffed that I had to cut back the 8oz of protein at lunch and dinner to around 4 or 5. But I sure loved those P3 breakfasts! I still do. The bloat and sleepiness could be from the reintroduction of the carbs at breakfast. Try backing off a bit, like one piece of toast instead of two, and see if that helps.

I am staying steady on the weight. Little ups and downs every day but below my scream weight. I seem to be super sensitive to sodium as well as carbs. I know I haven't eaten 3500+ calories to gain fat so that has to be what it is. The weather is finally turning cooler here so it was time to break out some light sweaters and boots. I was so happy the other day when I was shopping for some black knee boots and I didn't have to buy wide calf!
As far as body acceptance: it is what it is. I have lots of saggy skin. I was obese for over 20 years. And now I'm in my late 50's. I don't think it's going to shrink. It's been almost a year since I lost the weight and my skin pretty much looks the same. But at least I'll be wearing a medium pair of Spanx instead of XXL. Gotta stay positive!
I've also been exercising, so maybe that's why I'm so hungry?
I weighed this morning (exercised last night) and scale is only up .4 after 5 days of Phase III and 3 workouts.
So I'm not too disappointed....but want to shake the extreme sleepiness I feel after eating. I can handle the hunger, just have more veggies.