Old 07-08-2015, 01:17 AM   #16  

Hi Mimi welcome back

Thank you Marci …. I haven’t run for a long time, I don’t know what’s possessing me right now but I’m going with it. I registered for a 5K today, it’s in 8 weeks.

I realized tonight I don’t want to play victim/excuses games anymore in my mind. I don’t want to reach the end of the season or this year and have a really good excuse as to why I gained weight or didn’t get stronger. There will always be good reasons but I am a smart woman and I can figure out how to maintain my weight. I have bigger fish to fry than this problem - many things to accomplish in this lifetime, many people to help and love.
And, There are a lot of things to consider - my health is tricky, but I am up for the fight.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-08-2015 at 02:03 AM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:32 AM   #17  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Hi Mimi welcome back

Thank you Marci …. I haven’t run for a long time, I don’t know what’s possessing me right now but I’m going with it. I registered for a 5K today, it’s in 8 weeks.

I realized tonight I don’t want to play victim/excuses games anymore in my mind. I don’t want to reach the end of the season or this year and have a really good excuse as to why I gained weight or didn’t get stronger. There will always be good reasons but I am a smart woman and I can figure out how to maintain my weight. I have bigger fish to fry then this problem. There are a lot of things to consider - my health is tricky, but I am up for the fight.
Atta girl! You've got this!
marcibeaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies, I'm not a big poster, but I do lurk around regularly and occasionally put my two cents worth in. Amber, I too am like you, not wanting to do a P1 to make up for extra food intake, so I try to move daily. I have a beat up old body so am limited to mostly doing yoga and LOTS of walking. Fortunately I have a dog that doesn't like me sitting around and because I am an educator I am home for the summer so we are taking nice, long, brisk walks. I like when MFP says I've used 300-600 calories! I'm experimenting with new dishes, enjoying the abundant fruits and veggies that are available right now, but I've also been enjoying maybe a few too many glasses of wine on the deck as I take in our unusually hot summer in the PNW! I am so thankful to be on maintenance now and not struggling through the losing phase but sure have to be diligent not to let myself get too lenient!
Lori T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:37 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Ishbel - way to go on your first 5km. Lol you waited for hubby and he finished one second faster. I'm envious that you get to do this together. My DH has no interest in exercise right now and it is such a big part of my life, often 9 hours a week with 2 days off

Amber - so proud of you for getting out there and running! You are doing such a great job. Doesn't matter how fast you go you're doing it. I think the exercise helps with the inches, burning calories more effectively as you build the muscle.

Marci - great job running on the treadmill and interville training is a great way to exercise, seems to be what lots of the gym classes are focuses on, you work hard and recover, build your base etc.

Liana - ug, Pan Am has arrived and traffic is a mess! Thankfully I live outside Toronto. They turned all our HOV lanes (2 or more people) into 3 or more people per car. Yesterday someone got caught with 2 manikins in their car. I'll watch the tri stuff for sure thanks!

Lori - great to hear from you. Sounds like you are on track

I have been doing 85% P1 this week and the scale has been slowly creeping down. I've added the extra snack for working out and sometimes Taziki for veggies, and a little PB (I think the hard works out help accommodations, going to have to make serious adjustments if I get injured). Like Amber said, it is hard to go back to strict P1 but I feel like I have the tools, will eat the IP food, and make it work for me which is good.

Hi to everyone, happy Wednesday

Last edited by Jenny38; 07-09-2015 at 06:39 AM.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:05 PM   #20  

Hi Lori

Jenny & Ishbel, so great to have your inspiration for the 5K. Very sore muscles still but I've had that with other new exercise so I know how to handle that mentally. Had to walk today instead of run but will do the run tomorrow. It does wear you out though, that first week. Went to Walmart today and had trouble even walking around the aisles. I also got on the scale and about had a heart attack when I saw the number - 3 lbs up with no change in food - but then remembered it's the water retention from the muscle building (right? I think that's it). But.... onward and upward!

I have definitely pudged out in my stomach and fluffed out some in general. Still working with that in my mind... taking it day by day, remembering there is a learning curve to maintenance, and I have medications that play in. Have my monthly Doctor/coach visit Monday, it always helps me to talk things through with them.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Default traveling - so hard to be good

Hey all-

I have been on maintenance for less than a month. I have been traveling for a week, weighed in this morning and have put on FIVE pounds, but it is also my TOM. While I was gone, I indulged here and there, but I also exercised EVERY day- 3 mile trail runs that were brutal! (One day I got in 30,000 steps because we went to the NC zoo and I ran!) So now I am leaving again tomorrow for a beach trip with my family. Today I am going to have a perfect P1 day and then on the road again tomorrow. I will try to have a P1 day while I am driving. Then I am going to be at the beach for a week. My plan at the beach is to try to follow the maintenance plan and still exercise. My fear is that I am going to be up a whole 5 more pounds after this next trip and then be out of maintenance and back where I started in March.

Any suggestions, thoughts, etc are welcome!

Amber - good luck with your 5K.
Bootros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Bootros - stay calm and breathe, like you said you have TOM so that can make a difference. I think doing P1 tomorrow is smart and then what about eating P3 at the beach, no carb at dinner and be careful with snacks, maybe a whey based shake in the afternoon. Get lots of water in and mane no alcohal, it's not really worth it and will lead to impulsive eating, or at least it does for me.

Amber- oh my legs ache for you. I can barely walk after long runs. It can take the scale a couple days to settle after the inflammation dies down. Don't forget to stretch.

I hit my goal goal weight today, feel like it has been a bit of a struggle for the past 4 weeks, back to 162, with inches lower than my lowest weight of 157 so I know I have built more lean muscle in the past 10 months. I feel like I have to re think my range now but really feel 163 or lower is my happy place.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #23  

Height: 5'2

I don't post in this thread often (or not at all really) but I am just thrilled that every summer item I bought last year at goal still fits this year. The maintenance life is good!
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:37 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
I don't post in this thread often (or not at all really) but I am just thrilled that every summer item I bought last year at goal still fits this year. The maintenance life is good!
Wow Stephascope! That is AWESOME!
Old 07-10-2015, 11:39 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Bootros - stay calm and breathe, like you said you have TOM so that can make a difference. I think doing P1 tomorrow is smart and then what about eating P3 at the beach, no carb at dinner and be careful with snacks, maybe a whey based shake in the afternoon. Get lots of water in and mane no alcohal, it's not really worth it and will lead to impulsive eating, or at least it does for me.

Amber- oh my legs ache for you. I can barely walk after long runs. It can take the scale a couple days to settle after the inflammation dies down. Don't forget to stretch.

I hit my goal goal weight today, feel like it has been a bit of a struggle for the past 4 weeks, back to 162, with inches lower than my lowest weight of 157 so I know I have built more lean muscle in the past 10 months. I feel like I have to re think my range now but really feel 163 or lower is my happy place.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend.
Jenny- Good plan. I love phase 3. I can make that work. Thanks for the advice. A glass of wine is a must at night so I am going to exercise to try and earn it. Not sure if my body works that way, but it is my last vacation for the summer.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:30 AM   #26  

Hi everyone. I am in the mountains at a Hot Springs resort with family –very nice. Had a few nice dinners - still staying no gluten and very little sugar, overall low carb, smaller portions, but some nice indulgences like a glass of wine each night and a few bites of someone's dessert last night ... Careful to just have a few bites of the carbier items, and that satisfies. But between the water rentention from starting the running, the wine, and the extra sodium and hidden stuff in the restaurant food, it packed a hearty punch on the scale this morning plus some swelling. I won't worry about it until i get back but drank a lot more water today. But the most wonderful thing is eating consciously without guilt, fear, shame, or anxiety.

Not sure when or how, but after this trip will need to dial it back for a bit, not a fan of the swelling.

Jenny I liked your suggestion of leaning P3. And I did notice the wine making me feel looser about food so I kept that in check tonight and feel lighter.

Nice though family hadn't seen me for a year, so even though I feel fluffy, to them I look awesome so that's nice encouragement.

Tomorrow we go on an adventure course with ropes, zip lines, climbing, jumping, trapeze, swinging. A year ago I would never have considered it. Even though I was active when overweight I would not have been able to do it, no way.
Feeling fluffy in the 160s I asked what the weight limit was and it was 275 and it made me feel very happy as a reminder that I am more than healthy enough to do it. Wish me luck!

Hope you all are well

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-12-2015 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #27  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone. I am an IP maintainer for almost 3 years now. I have gained about 10 pounds above my comfort zone and can't seem to get it off eating my low carb lifestyle. So I decided to come back here for some support and guidance as I try to do a phase 1 or 2 reboot. I will update my stats when I log onto a normal computer sometime this week. I look forward to chatting with everyone.
mooselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:17 AM   #28  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

Amber Hope you had a great time! Sounded like so much fun. I'm not in maintenance yet but I should have transitioned by now. My goal was 150, I'm at 144 but still reluctant to go to the next phase. I went from people not noticing I'd lost weight to last week someone saying I shouldn't lose anymore. It was weird because no one had ever said anything about noticing I had lost weight at all.

But Amber, I wanted to thank you for encouraging me when I really needed it back when I was ready to quit 3 lbs short of my goal. You told me it was easier to do it now than go back later. For some reason it is so much easier right now and since I added Chromium to my daily vitamins my weight loss has been consistent every week. So thanks!

Mooselover congrats on your successful maintenance. I was wondering if you had ever gone over 10 lbs and if you are on any particular low carb plan. I just saw on another site that someone recommends just eating South Beach style for maintenance.
3bigdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

Lori T & mooselover good to see a familar face

Jenny Actually that was my second 5k, did my first 6 weeks pregnant and then had to stop running (I didn't glow while pregnant and had some health issues) so I'm pretty pumped that I had almost the same timing (a few min off due to hubby's wanting to walk and me trying to pull him along) LOL Good to hear your 85% of Phase 1 is going down. I've added a lot of excersise these past weeks so I'm fighting with 3 lbs that I wish would just disappear.

Grateful4Health walking is still awesome. Generally as I'm starting to run again (started a few times) I will walk/run. Sometimes I'll say "ok lets do this" but most times I'm 9 min run 1 min walk. My 5Km goal was to not walk. Trying to keep my goals somewhat simple and keep the competition out of the loop as that always gets me into trouble.

So I'm signing up for a 11k run or a 10k run both on the same day, not sure which one I want (not doing both! and they are in different cities). I am also doing another 5k run one or two weekends later (I think it's only a week later). Again these goals will be to not walk. My mom was kind enough to gift us with a bob jogging stroller and it's kinda cute to see how relaxed my little missy is in it. She loves being outdoors which is one of my motherhood goals. Her dad is a gamer so I can't stop that so I'm trying to balance that with a love of being outdoors. (I am NOT a gamer...I do love my real house wives of whatever...that's my doritos for my brain)

See you all lighter!

Last edited by Ishbel; 07-14-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #30  

Hi Everyone.

Welcome Mooselover Good luck with your reboot. And, maintaining for 3 years with only 10 lbs up is also very inspirational.

Ishbel love hearing about your races. I have managed to do the first week of C25K exactly as it lays it out, and am now starting into Week 2. It's been just the right amount of difficulty. Enough that it's a challenge for sure but not so much that I can't do it. The muscle soreness has gone down some.

3bigdogs great to hear from you and great to hear you are doing so well.

Bootros I hope your trip is going OK for you. Mine went well, I ended up feeling really satisfied by having really nice meals but staying away from carbs, and didn't lose or gain. I had one glass of wine each night and that was really fun, and one or two bites of dessert. When I take trips I like to be really active so that always helps. And when we weren't out I just stuck to protein and protein bars so it worked fine.

Jenny and Liana hope things are well. Congrats Jenny on back to goal weight. I hope I continue to follow in your footsteps and get there also.

I had a good appt. with my doctor, they got several tests back and when over them with me. My blood sugar, fatigue, water rentention and dizziness has gotten worse and not better, and my blood sugar in the tests was not at all good. So they are figuring out that I likely can't eat fruit or anything in that glycemic range. They are putting me more of a protein/low glycemic veg plan similar to P1 but with fats, but still want me to stay around 1700 net calories and eat every few hours. They want me to make sure I'm getting some kind of protein every few hours. They said for me likely yogurt isn't even quite good enough, need to be more in the 20 g protein range. If I eat a little yogurt need to add nuts and a 1/2 20 g protein bar, things like that.
Started today and already starting to feel better.
Goodbye to my lovely P3 breakfasts though..... ah well. I'd rather feel better.

They also said for my body, doing P1 VLCal for a day is NOT good, I basically should never do that unless I am going to do a supervised reboot. So that is good that I was trusting my intuition on that one.

I guess genetically I am like a Viking, kind of built to survive on venison for the season, not berries and such.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-14-2015 at 05:52 PM.