Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 10:41 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Princess - here are the guidelines for alt-IP foods:

Here's a detailed breakdown to consider:
- under 160 calories = Unrestricted (though MOST IP packets range from 90-120)
- 160-200 calories = Restricted (once/daily)
slightly over 200 cals (or 30% fat) is super-restricted (once/weekly)
- less than 30% cal from fat (multiply cals from fat x 3; OK if lower than total cals.)
- under 8 g net carbs - unrestricted
- 9g-16g net carbs - restricted
- 17g net carbs - super restricted (only once/twice per week)
- above 17g net carbs is too high to be good for Phase 1
- at least 12-15g protein (don’t go much above 20g regularly)

* NET = Total carbs minus fiber (some people also subtract all sugar alcohols from total carbs; some subtract half; some choose to not subtract any...... sugar alcohols can affect your body similarly to sugar with spikes) Also remember NO Aspartame!

Great thread(s) to look through for more information

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-6-a.html

It takes a little work / research, but is totally do-able! And if you are reallly indecisive about a product, ask - lots of great folks here Good luck
Old 03-30-2015, 10:52 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Well, week one back on the diet is done and I lost about 7.5 lbs. It was up to 9 but I gained a pound back the day before I weighed. That's what I get for not eating all of my vegetables and drinking all my water! That is much bigger than my first loss when I was on the diet previously. I only lost 4 lbs that very first week (And I had much more to lose!). Since I have so much less to lose this time so I'm digging in my heels and preparing for the long haul, as being so much closer to goal means it will come off much slower. Eek!

It can be done!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:57 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpohani View Post
and the last question I have is does it work the same the 2nd or 3rd time around? When I did herbal magic, it only works once. The pills were only effective the first time, after that the body recognizes the pills and it doesn't work at all. But the weight falls off on Herbal Magic the first time. you don't even know how you got that slim that fast. Its unbelievable.
I have found that the diet definitely works multiple times. I have known people who have done the diet multiple times successfully. If my loss this week is any indication, it works just as well! The thing is, as you get closer to your goal the weight loss slows down quite a bit. So if you are starting at a lower weight now than when you first went on IP then it might be slower.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:00 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

If you have to do it multiple times, technically it isn't successful
lol, that's what phase 4 maintenance is for. Just giving you a bit of a ribbing - take me with a grain of salt.

BTW Herbal Magic pills have changed their formula over the past several years. They are no longer able to sell the combo of ingredients that worked amazingly 8 or more years ago. Same with Hydroxicut. They also had to change their formula which was very similar to Herbal Magic's.

Hang in there gang, it gets better!

Liana
Old 03-31-2015, 12:14 AM   #305  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Tomorrow I have my first reboot weigh in. I am hoping for good results because the last few days have been so hard. I can say I am pretty much starving all day. I'm getting all my required veggies, protein and water. I have found myself watching the clock waiting to see when my next meal is. It's 9 p.m. and I am so darn hungry I hope to get tired soon so that I can go to sleep and not think about it. I know I was very hungry the last time I did IP. It seems as though I am in the minority regarding hunger and found that last time too. Funny thing is is that I didnt eat huge amounts of food before just high calorie food. Oh well, I won't give into this hunger. My body seems to want to fight me but i'm not listening. Lol
Old 03-31-2015, 01:49 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 170/159/140

Height: 5'7"

Question IP and hormones

I have question for the ladies, experienced and or just starting out. In my coaching session and per one of the videos they discuss how our hormones can be affected. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My menstral cycle started on the very day that I began the IP program 2 1/2 weeks ago, I went through a normal cycle and just today I starte having my period again. A little frustrating having to go through that again so quickly after I just finished. Just trying to gauge if that's normal or if I shoul be concerned.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:24 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Tomorrow I have my first reboot weigh in. I am hoping for good results because the last few days have been so hard. I can say I am pretty much starving all day. I'm getting all my required veggies, protein and water. I have found myself watching the clock waiting to see when my next meal is. It's 9 p.m. and I am so darn hungry I hope to get tired soon so that I can go to sleep and not think about it. I know I was very hungry the last time I did IP. It seems as though I am in the minority regarding hunger and found that last time too. Funny thing is is that I didnt eat huge amounts of food before just high calorie food. Oh well, I won't give into this hunger. My body seems to want to fight me but i'm not listening. Lol
I was starving the first two weeks on IP and actually went to sleep a bunch of nights at 8:00. I literally put the kids to bed and then went to bed myself. The rest of the time on P1, I had to adjust my protein intake to have my a bar for snack at mid morning and then some of my dinner protein at lunch or else I got light headed. It got especially bad when I was about 10 pounds to goal. I actually went to the doctor because I thought something was really wrong. I think in the end, it was a combo of stress and TOM. But, I will say I never technically felt hungry after the first 2 weeks, but my body was telling me I needed food.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:18 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenEnglish View Post
I have question for the ladies, experienced and or just starting out. In my coaching session and per one of the videos they discuss how our hormones can be affected. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My menstral cycle started on the very day that I began the IP program 2 1/2 weeks ago, I went through a normal cycle and just today I starte having my period again. A little frustrating having to go through that again so quickly after I just finished. Just trying to gauge if that's normal or if I shoul be concerned.
Very normal -here is a recent thread about this issue:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...dies-only.html
Old 03-31-2015, 10:03 AM   #309  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

First reboot WI this morning and down 4.4lbs.. I had hoped for more but am glad to see the scale moving down.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:28 AM   #310  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

First Weigh in went GREAT!!! Lost 7.4 pounds on the scale, 7.1 pounds of body fat and lost 4 and 1/2 inches! I'll take it!

Last edited by asmuir; 03-31-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:15 PM   #311  

Default Hello

Hello, I am new to this group,

I am new to this forum actually, or anything like it lol
I started the Ideal Protein diet March 6, I am looking for some support and maybe some new recipes anyone wants to share?

Thank you
Old 03-31-2015, 02:22 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 215/173.5/140

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies, day 11 for me and I have to say it gets better! On Sunday I was so hungry most of the day, all I could think about was FOOD!! hehehe I did resist the cravings and did not have a single extra ip food!!! However, on Monday magically I had not much hunger at all, I switched to have my breakfast a little later, I was having it first thing in the morning at 7am when I get up and then at 10 I wanted to eat everything in front of me. Today I actually had to remember to eat and just realized it was time to eat when I glanced at the clock and remembered of the vitamins!!!!

I am really enjoying not thinking so much about food!!! What a great feeling not being hungry and having urge to eat. Before the diet I was often thinking of food. I have been experimenting a lot with different recipes and I am actually enjoying learning how to cook and eat in a healthy way. I think it helps that I like veggies! I recently started introducing bok choy in my recipes and I absolutely love it!

I cant wait for my next weight in but I feel fabulous and I think this diet will work. Hang in there ladies! There is a page of Chef Verati on facebook with many videos of recipes, I watch them and adapt according to what I like (and is ok with the ip phase 1 protocol!).

Also, I like the double chocolate brownie and the cookies and cream bars!! Yummmmm I eat them in the weekend and it feels like a weekend cheat, but it is not!! All ip foods!!!

Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/lowfatlowcarb?fref=ts
Check it out for ideas!!! Happy dieting.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 189/189/150

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Good afternoon ladies,

Sorry for the MIA the last 5 days! I was really battling some negative energy and didn't want to burden.

My box of alternatives arrived last Friday! I really like the Protidiet Pancakes. Very good with WF syrup :-) I discovered Quest bars and oh my delicious! I will definitely be getting more of those!

Sunday and Monday we're rough days. I was really dizzy and fatigued Sunday and have no idea why :-( Then yesterday I had my first weigh in. I lost 7.4 lbs the first week. I'm sure that's great, but it's less than the 10lbs I lost the first time around.

Does anyone have a hard time eating the lean protein for the actual meal we get? If so, what do you suggest? I can't eat red meat as it makes me sick. The turkey burgers I made last night were so awful I couldn't even choke all of it down. I ate SO much chicken the first time around, I don't find it appetizing any more :-( What suggestions do you ladies have????? For a short term fix, I've decided to have my daily meal at breakfast and have eggs, but I'd love any advice, tips and/or tricks that work for you.

Thank you for listening :-)
Old 03-31-2015, 02:55 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 189/189/150

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickinsp View Post
Hey ladies,

For the ones that are doing the alternative method, which shake do you use that qualifies as unrestricted? I heard of the Quest powder but it has 22g protein, and we arent supposed to go over 17g per serving... so what do you guys buy?
I use EAS Carb Advantage shakes. They're all good, but strawberry is my favorite :-) The vanilla can be good in coffe and my husband loves the dark chocolate :-)
Old 03-31-2015, 02:56 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 215/173.5/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattiuss View Post
Good afternoon ladies,

Sorry for the MIA the last 5 days! I was really battling some negative energy and didn't want to burden.

My box of alternatives arrived last Friday! I really like the Protidiet Pancakes. Very good with WF syrup :-) I discovered Quest bars and oh my delicious! I will definitely be getting more of those!

Sunday and Monday we're rough days. I was really dizzy and fatigued Sunday and have no idea why :-( Then yesterday I had my first weigh in. I lost 7.4 lbs the first week. I'm sure that's great, but it's less than the 10lbs I lost the first time around.

Does anyone have a hard time eating the lean protein for the actual meal we get? If so, what do you suggest? I can't eat red meat as it makes me sick. The turkey burgers I made last night were so awful I couldn't even choke all of it down. I ate SO much chicken the first time around, I don't find it appetizing any more :-( What suggestions do you ladies have????? For a short term fix, I've decided to have my daily meal at breakfast and have eggs, but I'd love any advice, tips and/or tricks that work for you.

Thank you for listening :-)

I eat fish, bought some cod and Salmon, but salmon is restricted cant have it everyday. Without eating red meat you are a bit limited but there are many things you can do with chicken and fish to be a little different.
Closed Thread