Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 06:01 PM   #436  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealAnnie View Post
Welcome, TripSwitch! Sounds like you're well-prepared! Good luck, you've got this!
Thanks IdealAnnie!

I'm excited and a little bit nervous all at the same time... And I love that the IP forum is so active... I'm really looking forward to all the great support here...
Old 04-11-2015, 06:27 PM   #437  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
Thanks IdealAnnie!

I'm excited and a little bit nervous all at the same time... And I love that the IP forum is so active... I'm really looking forward to all the great support here...
Welcome TripSwitch. Best wishes for your first week.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Welcome and more....

TripSwitch, Welcome to IP! I'm also new to IP (two weeks tomorrow) so I won't be able to answer too many questions but I'll offer you support and encouragement! Like you said, I like that this is an active thread. It has gotten me through some tough moments and also clarified some issues for me. I look forward to your posts!

Jonquil, Good job on your continued successes! And this is such a great time of the year to be wearing smaller clothes. As your coach suggested, I will get rid of my larger clothes, good riddance! Don't want any reason to regain my weight losses!

I haven't been to any restaurants since starting this diet so I commend you for being able to stay on plan! To quote the very overweight Kate Moss, 'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels'--she really did say that! Somebody slap that b#@*h.

IdealAnnie,Way to go to you, too! Yuck to the rancid salad, I can understand why your stomach is still flipping!

Well I need to go heat up my dinner which I bought on the go yesterday. Southwestern Tilapia, Steamed Broccoli, and Roasted Cauliflower. And a few carbs (bread and cheese) for the Alternative Plan I'm on....
Old 04-11-2015, 07:17 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieCJ View Post
Well I need to go heat up my dinner which I bought on the go yesterday. Southwestern Tilapia, Steamed Broccoli, and Roasted Cauliflower. And a few carbs (bread and cheese) for the Alternative Plan I'm on....
Don't forget, SusieCJ, that Alternative P1 allows one group per meal; pick low fat dairy or starch carb, but not both together for the best results that won't throw off your plan.
Liana
Old 04-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Don't forget, SusieCJ, that Alternative P1 allows one group per meal; pick low fat dairy or starch carb, but not both together for the best results that won't throw off your plan.
Liana
My coach said I could eat 1/2 of my starch and 1/2 of my dairy together so today I had a slice of bread with 1/2 oz of cheese for breakfast and then the same at dinner. (I had blueberries at lunch.) Is this incorrect?
Old 04-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 141/131/118

Height: 5'0"

Just checking in. Weighed this morning and lost 2 more pounds! So happy I found a diet that actually works for me. 12 more and I reach my goal.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:36 AM   #442  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervousnelly View Post
Just checking in. Weighed this morning and lost 2 more pounds! So happy I found a diet that actually works for me. 12 more and I reach my goal.
Fantastic! Way to go!!!
Old 04-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #443  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Wow, this thread is bumping! I love that!

Welcome to the newbies and way to go to all of you experiencing such great weigh ins! You guys are rocking it!

SusieCJ - I was under the impression each extra (starch, fruit, dairy) was to be eaten at a separate meal, but I'm also not a coach. Maybe double check with your coach that there wasn't a miscommunication, or maybe someone on here with more experience with the alternate plan will weigh in.

As for me, I finally made it through a Friday AND Saturday with no cheats! As I've mentioned before, I can be 100% compliant during the work week, and then the weekend hits and I lose all my strength. Well this may finally be the end to that... knock on wood... I know if I can stick to the plan for 4-6 weeks I can be at goal, just in time for summer!
Old 04-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #444  

Congrats knm
Old 04-12-2015, 04:30 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'2

UGH! I have been in ketosis since like day 3 of this plan..Friday night as I was cleaning up from my families weekly pizza night ( I ate a yummy salad with chicken, homemade) yea me....I was fine until the garlic bread won the battle of temptation! And today, Sunday only trace ketones. Dang it all! So I feel like I am starting all over again...

So on a positive note, I love kale chips! First Rutabegas now Kale! I am trying new things and finding things on the list that I actually enjoy.

Has anyone found a bread-like substitute? I think of all the things that are restricted bread is the hardest for me.

I love reading everyone's successes and struggles. When I need a bit of motivation I always check in! Keep it up everyone!
Old 04-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 281.4/260.8/140

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hi everyone! Spring has finally arrived here in my neck of the woods (hope it stays!) and I can't wait to get outside. Starting my fourth week so my coach said it was okay to go ahead and start-carefully-exercising. She said to start with 20 min walk or similar three times a week and to have an extra packet before I walk. Part of me finds it hard to believe I'll really need it for just a 20min walk but I'm trusting that they know better than I do after my vast 3 weeks of experience =) Down 3.3 this week so happy with that.

Welcome to all the new members!!! Definitely come here for support and suggestions because we know what you're going through. And for all of those who have had a little slip...just get back on the IP bandwagon. We are human after all so as long as we don't let one little slip become a BIG slip I bet you'll be okay!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 04-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #447  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Having a good first day here now... But earlier I was feeling pretty bad... sort of shaky and weak... tried to lay down for a little while, but that didn't seem to help... So I decided to have my "restricted" that I was saving for a snack, earlier than I planned... took a while, but I feel better now... In fact I'm not really hungry for dinner now... Even though I was really looking forward to it.... I roasted a whole chicken for my family's dinner, so I'm planning on having that with asparagus and 1tsp EVOO...

Was definitely a bit surprised by how bad I felt... Since I've already been in ketosis for over a month already... I guess my body really didn't like the drop in calories and fat... Hopefully I'll adjust soon enough.... But I've have a feeling that my body is really going to " fight" me pretty hard for these last 15lbs...
Old 04-12-2015, 09:32 PM   #448  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redonkulous View Post
I want to share some advice for all you IPers who may have moments of "weakness" - this was invaluable advice given to me in my weight loss journey:

A LAPSE is falling off the wagon.
A RELAPSE is falling off the wagon, again, maybe several times, but still getting on again.
But a COLLAPSE - that is giving up completely.

We all have lapses. And yes, every now and then, we may even experience relapses (hopefully not too many!) But we don't have to make them collapses!

GO TEAM!
Fantastic advice, thanks for sharing it. In the scheme of things 1 day is just 1 day out of the rest of your life. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
I've been a member here on 3fc for a few years and it's been great... And I've sort of followed the IP forum and always thought it was pretty interesting... And of course I've always wanted to see if I'd be able to follow the IP protocol... Well I've decided that I'm ready to lose the rest of weight and IP is the way to do it!

I've been following a ketogenic plan already and have been in ketosis for the last month, but I am a little bit afraid that the reduction in fat and calories might be a bit of a shock to my system.... I guess we'll see... But I'm ready... I know I can do this... And I Will Reach My Goal!
Welcome Trip. Glad to have you on the keto-side of the 3FC house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidomom View Post

Has anyone found a bread-like substitute? I think of all the things that are restricted bread is the hardest for me.

I love reading everyone's successes and struggles. When I need a bit of motivation I always check in! Keep it up everyone!
If you have Facebook you should check out (request to join as it's a Closed group) Janeva's Ideal Recipes Cookbook - Phase 1. She has some bread recipes in the Files area.

You can make pseudo bread rolls using the potato puree packets combined with the crispy cereal (assuming you're not soy intolerant). You can also make good cinnamon bread using the crispy cereal with one of the pudding packets, or a banana cake with a choc pudding and banana pudding packets. They don't require much beyond the usual (some egg white, baking powder, little salt) and can often fill that "texture" void that IP packet foods can leave in our lives.

Janeva also has a great french toast recipe that I am going to try out as a supper treat later in the week.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:26 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieCJ View Post
My coach said I could eat 1/2 of my starch and 1/2 of my dairy together so today I had a slice of bread with 1/2 oz of cheese for breakfast and then the same at dinner. (I had blueberries at lunch.) Is this incorrect?
Interesting, when I re-read my sheets it doesn't technically say that you can't mix 1/2n1/2. It only says you cannot substitute to have more than one of each group. Sorry if I sent you 'down the garden path.' My clinic suggested keeping them separate. In maintenance the guideline is to separate fats & carbs (3:1 ratio in grams), because usually the combination of the two together is what got us here in the first place. In very simple terms the insulin release due to the carbs tells our cells to store the fat that is circulating along with it. It is good practice for later, trust me (speaking from experience in combining craisins and cheese, lol).
Let us know how it goes, SusieCJ! Are you diabetic or just doing Alternative because it works better for you?

Liana
Old 04-13-2015, 10:50 AM   #450  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Had a fantastic Weekend and turned my kitchen into an IP Test Kitchen! Made some zucchini chocolate cookies, made some rutabaga Fries that I LOVED, and tried cauliflower tator tots! I'm loving Rainbow's recipes!

AND Today is weigh in day! Down another 5.2 pounds, which makes 16 pounds!!!!

Last edited by asmuir; 04-13-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Closed Thread