Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 11:35 PM   #121  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Oneuh2 – Yikes! Sorry about your flood. Hope everything is okay. Nothing like a little stress after a nice relaxing mani!

JJTx – Another great loss. So exciting that your coach is taking progress photos. Can’t wait to see the before, during and after. My coach took photos when I hit 70lbs lost (although she hasn’t shown me the before or during yet).

Had a good 4.2lb loss this week, which is nice since I only lost .2 last week.

Question for you ladies, I have gone off plan for a scheduled vacation last summer (had just started the plan and had lost 20lbs at that point) as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas day. I have been invited to my company’s executive retreat at the end of this month which is a really big deal. I’ve never been invited before so I’m not totally sure what to expect. I work in the restaurant industry so food and drinks are always in excess at any company event. I’ve been to a couple dinners and been able to stay OP but I am starting to hear about agenda for this trip and am thinking there is NO WAY I am going to be able to be 100% OP. BBQ, drinking, fancy awards dinners. Breakfast and lunch are buffet style. Initially I thought about making it work but now I am leaning towards taking a couple days off. I’ve been dealing with some diet fatigue so it is enticing. I haven’t had any problems getting right back OP to date but hate to extend P1 any longer than possible. I am really on the fence….

I also have friend who’s DH is planning a surprise 40th birthday party with a daylong winery tour around the hill county for a group of us in April. It crossed my mind of taking that day off too.

Is my resolve weakening or are these realistic exceptions after being OP 8 months?
Thanks to all of you for the kind words regarding my weekend of parlor tricks -- I drop off the car tomorrow for wheel replacement, and the repair guy comes tomorrow to look at the cooktop that continues to try to ignite when all burners are turned off... it's constantly snapping as that little ignition spark appears every 2 or 3 seconds..... I cannot tell you how much I look forward to a return to normal when I wake up Thursday morning --

JJTx you are a losin' machine! Losses at or above 2lbs pretty consistently at each weigh in -- that's all the result I am looking for!

Sgrealtor -- I hope your delayed weigh in is a nice number that turns out to be well worth waiting for - I know you are looking for a payback after that rude experience of a one lb gain.

Briael-- nice to have you share with our July group!!! After you shared your food log info etc., I became somewhat inspired...
I just finished posting monthly weight and measurements, from IP start to this month, on my Fitbit dashboard -- pretty cool to let it create the nice downward sloped lines on the graph... My hips and waist have reduced the most, and I am on the verge of dropping into 'overweight' neighborhood when it comes to BMI. I also logged food in my Fitbit food diary -- created some stuff not in their database (like the Packet Muffins I made this week).

I was surprised to see that with all my intake following IP 100 percent, my intake was just at 1200 calories... this is not as low calorie as I was expecting to see... but I am glad to be taking steps to actually log specifics. This is a good habit to build in anticipation of maintenance.

CenTxChk -- first off..... over 4lbs loss!!! Fan-tas-tick!!! You must be young... or you are doing something I am not doing that's really working great!!! No slumps on losses happening with you!!!

I don't know what to say regarding your upcoming 'real food events'... on one hand, I know you are feeling diet fatigue and I bet you would really enjoy abandoning the IP protocol at your work thing. On the other hand, it's a slippery slope - definitely risky.

I'd say take JJTx's advice and go to P2 for a few days before the event - do your body that favor of preparing it for increased carb intake. I would also try to stay with the P2 protocol (sh/be pretty easy at the buffets) but pick one special meal to enjoy as a 'Fun' meal - maybe the fancy award dinner thing, for example. Savor and enjoy every morsel of that meal... and then the following day get right back on P1!

For the April winery thing -- you ought to be down another 20 lbs or more by then, and only 20 lbs more to go to get to goal. If you want to enjoy wine and munchies etc. that day, I would definitely do the phase off, have your Fun Day, and again -- get right back on P1 the following morning. Give your body that help (the prep with P2) to deal with the change so you minimize long term effects and make it easier for your body to get back into ketosis to finish your journey.

Whatever you decide to do -- let's all have a discussion like this after each event - we can all learn from your experience, ya know... Actually, it would be really good for you to pause and take inventory of how you felt in the gut, and how it affected your sleep quality, level of energy, etc., after each 'fun' experience. It may be that those results after the work thing might influence what you decide to do about the winery trip... it will be interesting to see how all that turns out. ( I must be reading too many of Avery's posts... I am looking at this like a science experiment.... )

final thoughts from my soapbox...
When I read thru the threads that have been created by IP re-booters, I am reminded of how hard I have found it to be to get back on the horse after leaving the saddle... I spent a year and a half getting my head together to begin IP for the first time last July. During that year I had done HCG homeopathic drops 3 times, dropping 20 lbs each time, and regaining it all, plus some, each time. It's spoooo easy to fall into that yo yo cycle and then it's so frustrating that I felt 'to heck with it' and just fell off altogether and slipped back into the dreaded continuous gaining cycle. My all time high weight rose from 210 to 240 during the year before I began IP, a 15 percent increase.... unbelievably grim.

As depressing as diet fatigue can feel, in my experience, the misery that comes with slipping into a U-turn on a successful weight loss journey is particularly excruciating. I would feel terrible for that to happen to you, when you have made such great strides so far.

Lisa's signature line quote is so apropos when tackling these kind of decisions:
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. -- Ishbel
Old 02-04-2015, 07:18 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Love this thread and all its activity! LOL

Still riding hi from my loss yesterday...again today wearing a pair of too big pants. Lol. So after the day they will be washed and put in the donate pile....

Booked vacation yesterday...we are going to California this summer. My nephew and his wife had a baby in December and I want to meet her lol....booked so far 3 days in DisneyLand. Then we will do a few days in San Diego then up to LA to spend a few days with the family.... So that gives me 5 months to be at goal!
Old 02-04-2015, 07:38 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Sue - If that's not motivation, I don't know what is! That sounds like such a great trip! Maybe I need to book a vacation.

There is a post here somewhere that someone started about what you'll do when you lose the weight. Amusement park rides was one of them for me. I have been too scared to even try and get on some of them because I didn't to be mortified if I didn't fit.

Oneuh2 - Darn you and your words of wisdom. It IS such a slippery slope. One that I haven't struggled with much to date but as I get closer and miss certain foods more, I find myself saying "Oh, when I'm in maintenance I can have that." The reality is this with that attitude I will gain the weight back in no time. I guess that's why maintenance scares the heck out of me so much.

I read the maintenance thread and things about P2 & P3 and I think where is the wine and cheese? How about some ice cream? I am a grazer. I love to snack. Slippery slope, slippery slope.

Also, I forgot about my neighborhood WL competition. I am starting to move up in the Lbs lost as everyone's first weeks big losses are starting to wane. I am the tortoise. There is like $500 on the line that I could win.

I just really need to think about it. Sometimes fate steps in and tells you what you should do. I just have a hard time listening.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Love this thread and all its activity! LOL

Still riding hi from my loss yesterday...again today wearing a pair of too big pants. Lol. So after the day they will be washed and put in the donate pile....
Awesome NSV!! I had to borrow one of my husband's belts this morning because the one I've been wearing is on the last hole and was still too loose....
Old 02-04-2015, 10:34 PM   #125  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Awesome NSV!! I had to borrow one of my husband's belts this morning because the one I've been wearing is on the last hole and was still too loose....
How terrific that your husband's belt would work for you! Great NSV!
Old 02-05-2015, 09:17 PM   #126  
oneuh2

Weigh in today -- .8 lb loss... not much to write home about but I will take it cause it's .8 lbs DOWN!!!

Last 3 days have not been very good for me with water and supplements - I have been doing well with portion size, though. I am learning that I really need to keep the focus on these details, but also a couple of other details.

My coach told me also to watch out for some of the new IP formulated foods -- e.g. the now-unrestricted oatmeal offerings... they are very close to nutrient content for restricted, just barely below those levels. They are about to come out with a new chili that will be unrestricted, and of course they had reformulated the pancakes packets.... so my coach says if you make a practice of having one of these in a day and then had a restricted item that day, it could easily bring your carb intake enough to notably slow your losses.

Of course... I have been having oatmeal every day this week... sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for lunch, sometimes for snack.... and I have had an IP bar (restricted of course) almost every day too.

So there you have it.... I learn something new about this program all the time.

Ohhh but I forgot to mention-- my inches were down noticeably despite the small scale loss. That's definitely something good to celebrate!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-05-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:59 PM   #127  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Today's WI was down 1.4 for me. Not fabulous, but like Oneuh2, I'll take it!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #128  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
We can celebrate movement in the right direction- YES WE CAN!!!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:36 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Sue - If that's not motivation, I don't know what is! That sounds like such a great trip! Maybe I need to book a vacation.

There is a post here somewhere that someone started about what you'll do when you lose the weight. Amusement park rides was one of them for me. I have been too scared to even try and get on some of them because I didn't to be mortified if I didn't fit.

Oneuh2 - Darn you and your words of wisdom. It IS such a slippery slope. One that I haven't struggled with much to date but as I get closer and miss certain foods more, I find myself saying "Oh, when I'm in maintenance I can have that." The reality is this with that attitude I will gain the weight back in no time. I guess that's why maintenance scares the heck out of me so much.

I read the maintenance thread and things about P2 & P3 and I think where is the wine and cheese? How about some ice cream? I am a grazer. I love to snack. Slippery slope, slippery slope.

Also, I forgot about my neighborhood WL competition. I am starting to move up in the Lbs lost as everyone's first weeks big losses are starting to wane. I am the tortoise. There is like $500 on the line that I could win.

I just really need to think about it. Sometimes fate steps in and tells you what you should do. I just have a hard time listening.
Fitting into the rides was one of my big motivators. We own DVC (Disney) time share so we go quite often. I have been embarrassed by those ride photos on more than one occasion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Weigh in today -- .8 lb loss... not much to write home about but I will take it cause it's .8 lbs DOWN!!!

Last 3 days have not been very good for me with water and supplements - I have been doing well with portion size, though. I am learning that I really need to keep the focus on these details, but also a couple of other details.

My coach told me also to watch out for some of the new IP formulated foods -- e.g. the now-unrestricted oatmeal offerings... they are very close to nutrient content for restricted, just barely below those levels. They are about to come out with a new chili that will be unrestricted, and of course they had reformulated the pancakes packets.... so my coach says if you make a practice of having one of these in a day and then had a restricted item that day, it could easily bring your carb intake enough to notably slow your losses.

Of course... I have been having oatmeal every day this week... sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for lunch, sometimes for snack.... and I have had an IP bar (restricted of course) almost every day too.

So there you have it.... I learn something new about this program all the time.

Ohhh but I forgot to mention-- my inches were down noticeably despite the small scale loss. That's definitely something good to celebrate!!!
Down is down...take every bit of it! would love a new chili that is not restricted. I eat a pancake every morning and I always have a restricted snack. To me there is no other non restricted crunchy snack for the afternoon...I need something to bite into at that time

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
nice job....

There is becoming less and less of us LOL...
Old 02-06-2015, 10:11 AM   #130  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post

There is becoming less and less of us LOL...
We are casting smaller shadows.....
Old 02-06-2015, 11:36 AM   #131  

Yay Oneuh2 and Loser for moving in the right direction!! and inches lost is fabulous
Old 02-10-2015, 07:33 AM   #132  

Checking in on my summer starters this morning. . Hope everyone is having a great OP week.

Down 4lbs at WI yesterday so I hit 90 lbs lost at the clinic too. okay, well 89.something but I'm rounding to 90.

Talked to my coach about my business trip next week and a co-workers who just started IP who will also be going. The big formal dinner will have chicken or fish options with roasted veggies. May not be made 100% IP but I think I can world with what they've got. Also my co-worker is bringing a cooler with salad stuff and pelligrino which I think is a smart move. My last outstanding concern was the booze. I was reliably informed that since I haven't had any liquor in 8 months, much more than a glass or 2 would give me the hangover from **** since my liver is not used to processing liquor. A business trip really isn't the best place to go to town for the first time. And you don't want to be "that" employee. KWIM?

Anyway, she liked the idea of taking a day for my friends winery trip in April where I hopefully will be close to goal by then.

So the plan today is to stay the course. A couple weeks of good losses can do that to a girl.

Oh, my hairdresser commented on how thin my hair has gotten. This has been a concern of mine during this diet. My mom and sister have *very* thin hair and losing my hair non-IP related has been a concern for years. My coach swears it is the hormones that are floating around in my body due to all the fat loss (she says fat stores hormones). I know everyone here says it will come back after P1. I guess the race is on to loss the rest of my weight before my hair gets noticeably thin to others. Gulp.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:37 AM   #133  

Checking in on my summer starters this morning. . Hope everyone is having a great OP week.

Down 4lbs at WI yesterday so I hit 90 lbs lost at the clinic too. okay, well 89.something but I'm rounding to 90.

Talked to my coach about my business trip next week and a co-workers who just started IP who will also be going. The big formal dinner will have chicken or fish options with roasted veggies. May not be made 100% IP but I think I can work with what they've got. Also my co-worker is bringing a cooler with salad stuff and pelligrino which I think is a smart move. My last outstanding concern was the booze. I was reliably informed that since I haven't had any liquor in 8 months, much more than a glass or 2 would give me the worst hangover since my liver is not used to processing liquor. A business trip really isn't the best place to go to town for the first time. And you don't want to be "that" employee. KWIM?

Anyway, she liked the idea of taking a day for my friends winery trip in April where I hopefully will be close to goal by then.

So the plan today is to stay the course. A couple weeks of good losses can do that to a girl.

Oh, my hairdresser commented on how thin my hair has gotten. This has been a concern of mine during this diet. My mom and sister have *very* thin hair and losing my hair non-IP related has been a concern for years. My coach swears it is the hormones that are floating around in my body due to all the fat loss (she says fat stores hormones). I know everyone here says it will come back after P1. I guess the race is on to loss the rest of my weight before my hair gets noticeably thin to others. Gulp.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:27 AM   #134  

Definitely round it!! Congrats on a huge week and hitting that 90-pound mark Sounds like you made a good plan for success during your upcoming events.

I dropped 1.6 this week, small loss but I'll take it considering all that I have going on right now.

Hope everyone's having a great IP week!!!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #135  
oneuh2

Sue - ride that high all week!

CenTXChk - 90 lbs!!!! That's my total loss goal - I am green!
So glad you are going to do all you can to stay Op
P for the bus meeting, and great point about the alcohol. Definitely do not want to be out of control at a business function!!

I bet there are WI's in our group today - I am not scheduled till Thurs but I will be looking for your results - you all inspire me!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-10-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Closed Thread