Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 05:38 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Just went down the hall for ice and ran into an out of town co-worker. She asked if I had done something to my hair....it may be a long evening.

Ps - I told her I had been growing it out.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:42 PM   #167  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Ah well, at least she noticed that something's changed and felt free to comment on it!
Old 02-17-2015, 09:01 PM   #168  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Just went down the hall for ice and ran into an out of town co-worker. She asked if I had done something to my hair....it may be a long evening.

Ps - I told her I had been growing it out.
CenTxChk: You crack me up!! I hope you are going to do some Texas 2 Step while there in Fort Worth... BBQ is a tough meal for P1, but I hope you find some flexibility on menu.

Sue - I hope you made it to weigh in - delay is agonizing sometimes.

JJTx - You continue downward at steady pace -- that's great, and your inches off sound fabulous!

We had 7 inches of snow in Northern Virginia outside Wash DC... I did some shoveling last night and then had shoveling to do today. So much easier this year than it was last year for two reasons - lighter snow, and lighter me! And, my very nice neighbor with a snow blower cleared a big portion of my driveway for me. I gave him a bottle of champagne and homegrown strawberries from freezer.

I woke up on Saturday morning with a twinge of sore throat.... that has advanced into a respiratory infection in my sinuses and is heading for my ears... I am sure this will mean some inflammation and perhaps water retention.

I weigh in on Thursday, and am hoping to continue my downward trend, however small my loss might be while my infection is running its course. I hope to get into doc tomorrow for some meds - probably 10 days of antibiotic... I'll let y'all know how it goes...

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-17-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #169  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

I woke up on Saturday morning with a twinge of sore throat.... that has advanced into a respiratory infection in my sinuses and is heading for my ears... I am sure this will mean some inflammation and perhaps water retention.

I weigh in on Thursday, and am hoping to continue my downward trend, however small my loss might be while my infection is running its course. I hope to get into doc tomorrow for some meds - probably 10 days of antibiotic... I'll let y'all know how it goes...
Oh no, Cheryl. Hope you're on the mend soon. Nothing worse than feeling sickly in that awful weather. Feel better!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:45 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
WI this morning, down 1.8, and about 3.5 inches from two weeks ago. Last week was kinda rough so I'll take it. Talked to my coach about being hungry a lot, so she's having me add 2 oz. protein each day this week and see how that goes. She also said to definitely add a packet on days when I go walking. I was thinking this morning about going back to my first couple of journals and reviewing them, to see if I've made a lot of changes unaware that I made need to get back to.

Sue - hope you get to WI, stay safe!!
I have added a packet on days that I am seriously hungry....it helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
JJTx - Congrats on your loss! WTG.

Just checked into my hotel at the Ft Worth Stockyards. Eating BBQ for dinner...wish me luck I can find something OP. The eating and drinking will commence in a few short hours. I am feeling strong and am stoked my hotel room has a mini fridge for my salad, veggies and dressing. Walked in wheeling a cooler which I am sure most people thought was full of booze.

Got my new pearl snap shirt ironed and my cowboy boots polished. Funny how Texans can get excited about getting dressed up country. Not my normal attire by a long shot but when in Rome!
Have fun....you have planned and prepped and you will do fine.

Quote:
CenTxChk: You crack me up!! I hope you are going to do some Texas 2 Step while there in Fort Worth... BBQ is a tough meal for P1, but I hope you find some flexibility on menu.

Sue - I hope you made it to weigh in - delay is agonizing sometimes.

JJTx - You continue downward at steady pace -- that's great, and your inches off sound fabulous!

We had 7 inches of snow in Northern Virginia outside Wash DC... I did some shoveling last night and then had shoveling to do today. So much easier this year than it was last year for two reasons - lighter snow, and lighter me! And, my very nice neighbor with a snow blower cleared a big portion of my driveway for me. I gave him a bottle of champagne and homegrown strawberries from freezer.

Sorry about the snow - I feel your pain but seriously it's so much easier to shovel this year lol...I hope you feel better. It's that time of year to be sick. No fun.

Made it to WI. Down 3! Kicked that uptic of 2 and a friend to the curb lol....officially I have hit 70 pounds down

I could not have done it without this board! You guys are the best support!
Old 02-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Sue - what a whoosh!!! Congrats on your 3 pounds outta here, and 70 pound milestone!

I've added an extra packet here and there too. What I find weird is that I've been feeling hungry more often over the past couple of weeks, when I wasn't really noticing it so much before. My husband said maybe it's because I'm becoming more active in general? We'll see what the adding of extra protein does this week - my #'s on the fancy scale showed my fat stayed the same, the loss was all muscle, which is also weird since I walked 2-3 times last week and started my yoga class on Sunday.

CenTxChk - you've got this! It sounds like you planned to a T, and you know what to do to get through the next few days!

Oneuh2 - I'm so sorry you're sick! Be good to yourself try not to worry about the scale this week, just get better!
Old 02-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #172  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Sgrealtor1 WooT Sue, congrats on the 3lbs gone AND the 70lb milestone. That is awesome!

JJTx I've found that the less weight I have the more active I want to be. Before I would happily park my butt on the computer or in front of the tv. Now I tend to sit down for 10 minutes then bounce up and find something else to do - and it's more active and burning more calories. Maybe you're the same. The walking will definitely make you hungrier, too!
Old 02-18-2015, 02:58 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

JJTx I've found that the less weight I have the more active I want to be. Before I would happily park my butt on the computer or in front of the tv. Now I tend to sit down for 10 minutes then bounce up and find something else to do - and it's more active and burning more calories. Maybe you're the same. The walking will definitely make you hungrier, too!
Me too! I used to send my husband outside to play with our son because I didn't have the energy. Now I've been getting out there with them - which is one of the many reasons I started IP. I do add a packet on days when I walk to school or the park, which my coach affirmed as well.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:44 PM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Me too! I used to send my husband outside to play with our son because I didn't have the energy. Now I've been getting out there with them - which is one of the many reasons I started IP. I do add a packet on days when I walk to school or the park, which my coach affirmed as well.
That is fantastic! Last year I would have rather poked both eyes out than go volunteer at the animal shelter with my son for a few hours on a Saturday....now I look forward to it! So much better when your lighter! LOL

All thru hockey season driving @ 4:30 am I did an extra packet every day and it never effected my weight loss....
Old 02-18-2015, 06:22 PM   #175  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post

Made it to WI. Down 3! Kicked that uptic of 2 and a friend to the curb lol....officially I have hit 70 pounds down

I could not have done it without this board! You guys are the best support!
Wonderful!!! when I saw no posting of your WI yesterday, I was fearful that you had a zero week or you had gained again... SOoooo glad it was a 3lb loss!!!

Ding Ding Ding --- 70 lbs down --- YAY!!!!

Jen, Amanda, Sue -- you have all adjusted your activity levels as your weight has declined. That has to be helping you lose pounds more quickly.... I feel that I continue to be too sedentary... some dancing now and then but no ongoing commitment to classes or regular lessons yet.... I really do feel I need to get activity into my regular routine... You guys inspire me! When my bout of respiratory infection has passed, I am going to do it! Poke me about this in a couple of weeks, okay?

ADDENDUM at 10:45PM
Tomorrow, Thurs is my weigh in -- I do not expect much change... my home scale has wavered up and down by fractions of a pound all week.

...But today, when I saw my internist to get meds for my respiratory infection, he saw that my weight one year ago today was 236 and I weighed in today at 175 on the same scale in his office..... YAY!!! I got lots of good kudos from him. My blood pressure was 102 over 72 -- compared to 129 over 78 from a year ago. We agreed we will re-do my blood work when I get to goal. I loved being able to show such good results, and to hear his encouragement to finish P1 and take on the challenge of maintenance -- I am basking in positive glow!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-18-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:48 AM   #176  

Quote:
Wonderful!!! when I saw no posting of your WI yesterday, I was fearful that you had a zero week or you had gained again... SOoooo glad it was a 3lb loss!!!

Ding Ding Ding --- 70 lbs down --- YAY!!!!

Jen, Amanda, Sue -- you have all adjusted your activity levels as your weight has declined. That has to be helping you lose pounds more quickly.... I feel that I continue to be too sedentary... some dancing now and then but no ongoing commitment to classes or regular lessons yet.... I really do feel I need to get activity into my regular routine... You guys inspire me! When my bout of respiratory infection has passed, I am going to do it! Poke me about this in a couple of weeks, okay?

ADDENDUM at 10:45PM
Tomorrow, Thurs is my weigh in -- I do not expect much change... my home scale has wavered up and down by fractions of a pound all week.

...But today, when I saw my internist to get meds for my respiratory infection, he saw that my weight one year ago today was 236 and I weighed in today at 175 on the same scale in his office..... YAY!!! I got lots of good kudos from him. My blood pressure was 102 over 72 -- compared to 129 over 78 from a year ago. We agreed we will re-do my blood work when I get to goal. I loved being able to show such good results, and to hear his encouragement to finish P1 and take on the challenge of maintenance -- I am basking in positive glow!!!
great doctor visit!

I went to the movies last night and for the first time EVER had not popcorn or drink in the theater....what a huge accomplishment for me. I did have an emergency packet stashed In my purse lol, but neither of my friends I was with bought anything so it really made it easy. So proud of me! Then we went to dinner and had salmon and broccoli...yeah totally on plan day.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:49 AM   #177  
oneuh2

Way to go at the movies! It is very hard to resist that popcorn smell at the theater... Good for you, Sue!
Old 02-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #178  

Oneuh2 - what an awesome NSV on your BP!!!

Sue - way to plan ahead and resist that yucky popcorn

I am already done with today, it's gone splat and it's just 9:00 a.m.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #179  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:

Sounds like two wonderful NSVs today, Cheryl. Good luck with your WI today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post

I went to the movies last night and for the first time EVER had not popcorn or drink in the theater....what a huge accomplishment for me. I did have an emergency packet stashed In my purse lol, but neither of my friends I was with bought anything so it really made it easy. So proud of me! Then we went to dinner and had salmon and broccoli...yeah totally on plan day.
Did you actually miss the popcorn, or just the habit of having it when you go the movies? Mmmmm, jealous of the salmon and broccoli, that's my favourite meal.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:16 PM   #180  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Yay, Sue! It was tough to hang in there after a gain, but it paid off. And a great no popcorn NSV, too. I have gone to the movies fairly frequently since beginning IP, and I miss the popcorn and diet coke. I usually bring an RTD (mango or straw/banana) to drink very slowly during the movie. That way the popcorn and candy that hubby and kids are eating don't bother me.

oneuh2 - Hope the doc gave you something to make you feel better. Isn't it great to go to the doctor and look forward to being weighed instead of dreading it? The last time I went I mentioned to the nurse during intake that I had lost weight. When she looked at my chart she did a double take and said "You've lost a ton of weight!" Not the reaction I was used to at the Dr Office.

I am down my typical 2 lbs this week. Very happy with that as I have been REALLY hungry the last few days and had an extra packet or some extra protein on a couple of days. I am so used to not being hungry on IP that it is kind of shocking to wake up hungry and be hungry again a few hours after breakfast. My coach is encouraging me to move to phase 2 before I get to goal because she thinks perhaps I need more real food. I am not sure, she is not the most knowledgeable about the program, so I may look for some advice in the daily chat.

I am trying to add more activity as my energy increases, but the cold and snow have made it quite challenging the last couple of weeks. Counting the days till spring!
Closed Thread