Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 07:06 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Posted this in the daily thread but need to share with my "summer" peeps..

WI yesterday has me up 2! Huh??? I was so damn mad yesterday, but me and my coach looked over my journals and figured out I am out of Ketosis because of my long work weekend where I had gone 5+ hours without food for 3 days. She says I put body into starvation mode and probably knocked myself out of ketosis....It makes sense, but I am still mad LOL... Anyway back to business yesterday. Ate every 3 hours like I had been in the beginning and hopefully I will get myself back into Ketosis .... Sadly I will have times like this. kind of hard to eat every 3 hours if I have clients in the car with me...cant whip out my salad while driving. LOL.....Anyway I don't have another client like that in for 2 weeks so I am going to do my best to eat every 3 hours and make it work!

So Ugh! LOL.. I need to tighten the boot straps and get this moving again... I downloaded an app called Happy Scale to keep a chart of my Weight Loss...Kind of like that graph. Sadly the ap says I will not reach goal till August based on my history of losses.... I need to prove that ap wrong LOL.. I want to be at goal before my California Vacation July 12!

Hope everyone else is good....

Cen~ Woo Hoo on your major accomplishment! So happy for you...
Old 02-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Oh Sue! That really stinks, how frustrating. But at least your coach was able to help you identify some possible culprits and things to work on. Maybe next week y'all can talk about strategies to help you when you have your next client and wonky schedule?
Old 02-11-2015, 10:47 AM   #138  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Congrats, CenTxChk! And, Sue, what a bummer! But glad you figured it out. When you have those long hours with clients, can you carry a bar with you and eat some it in the car, or at some moment when you are alone (sneak off to the ladies room?) The crisps or soy puffs might work too - you can pop a couple in every time you get a chance.

I was unaware of the limit on how many hours to go without food. I occasionally have a day that gets away from me and I find I have lots of food to eat late in the day. I hadn't connected that to slower losses, but now I will pay attention.

My weigh in day changed a few times because of snow, so now it looks like it might stay on Thursdays, so I will be posting tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #139  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Definitely round it!! Congrats on a huge week and hitting that 90-pound mark Sounds like you made a good plan for success during your upcoming events.

I dropped 1.6 this week, small loss but I'll take it considering all that I have going on right now.

Hope everyone's having a great IP week!!!
I missed congratulating you on your loss, JJTx!!! It may seem small, but it's twice my WI last week, and it's headed in the right direction. I hope to do as well at my WI tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1
Posted this in the daily thread but need to share with my "summer" peeps..

WI yesterday has me up 2! Huh??? I was so damn mad yesterday, but me and my coach looked over my journals and figured out I am out of Ketosis because of my long work weekend where I had gone 5+ hours without food for 3 days. She says I put body into starvation mode and probably knocked myself out of ketosis....It makes sense, but I am still mad LOL... Anyway back to business yesterday. Ate every 3 hours like I had been in the beginning and hopefully I will get myself back into Ketosis .... Sadly I will have times like this. kind of hard to eat every 3 hours if I have clients in the car with me...cant whip out my salad while driving. LOL.....Anyway I don't have another client like that in for 2 weeks so I am going to do my best to eat every 3 hours and make it work!

So Ugh! LOL.. I need to tighten the boot straps and get this moving again... I downloaded an app called Happy Scale to keep a chart of my Weight Loss...Kind of like that graph. Sadly the ap says I will not reach goal till August based on my history of losses.... I need to prove that ap wrong LOL.. I want to be at goal before my California Vacation July 12!

Hope everyone else is good....
Bummer, Sue!!! I know exactly how you feel - I had an uptick two weeks ago at WI. I have been trying to take extra care with all portions and weights, and tracking my water vs coffee with more care... that got me a .8 loss last Thursday, but I hope it gets me twice that amount when I weigh in tomorrow. It feels so frustrating as well as unrewarding to do your best to stay OP, have the days go by as the week passes, then to get to WI day, and have very little loss or, worst of all, an uptick. I get it!!!! And I soooo wish it had not happened for you!!!

I am glad your coach seems to be on top of the science behind IP, and could help you look back at what's been happening to figure out what to do.

Like you, I am trying to do what I did last summer -- lately, I had been spreading a Vanilla or Cappuccino RTD over 2-3 days in order to use it as creamer in my coffee.... I think I have been having too much coffee relative to water, and slipping that extra IP drink into the mix is probably no longer ok (now that I am less than 30 lbs to goal) if I want to continue to lose efficiently. Last summer I was having one RTD a day as one of my 3 packets -- so I have gone back to that mode the past couple of days and will continue to do that and see if it helps me improve my losses.

Like, you, Loser58 - my WI is Thursdays. Let's check back in tomorrow evening.

Did you guys see that Tanklan is back on 3FC IP? She took a sabbatical from the program, but she's back to continue her journey - I so look forward to having her back here with us Summer 2014 Starters!!!

I sure wish Kissi would come back, too....

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-11-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:08 AM   #140  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Sue When you least expect it, that 2lb will disappear in a cluster. Stay positive.

CenTxChk 90lbs is so inspiring, congratulations!

JJTx Congrats on your 1.6lb down this week - every step takes us a little closer to goal.

Oneuh amd Loser58 Tomorrow is your WI - fingers crossed.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:40 AM   #141  

Thanks guys for the encouragement I'm over it for now and will chalk it up to one of those bumps in the road. Yesterday was a good day. Had that 4th packet due to a late dinner because of hockey....don't want to mess up and be hungry...

DS' s hockey team won the first round of playoffs tonight so on the a game Saturday night against a team we have never beaten in regular season probably means their journey will end Saturday, but we move on to the state championships in 2 weeks....
Old 02-12-2015, 08:00 AM   #142  

Sue - thats exciting!! Their team must be really good
My son plays tball and we start practice this week for the spring season.

Sending good WI vibes Oneuh2 and Loser!!!

I've been having a weird week - I feel like I'm hungry all day. I haven't done anything differently as far as following program. Don't know if it's stress or what? I'm going to pack some extra cukes for this afternoon.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:23 PM   #143  
oneuh2

Sue - great hockey results for your DS! Glad you are past the upset over the uptick, too - you definitely HAVE this!!

JJTx, Briael, CenTXChk -- thank you all for the good luck wishes for my Weigh In -- I had a terrific WI today - down 3.4lbs - the most I have lost in one week for quite a while!

And -- it moves my BMI to the point where I am no longer OBESE -- I am simply OVERWEIGHT!!! I have not been at this weight, in low the 170's, since 1992 when I did TOPS for a few months.

But I know that I am not overweight -- I am just under-tall!!!

Old 02-13-2015, 12:27 AM   #144  

That's awesome!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #145  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
thank you all for the good luck wishes for my Weigh In -- I had a terrific WI today - down 3.4lbs - the most I have lost in one week for quite a while!

And -- it moves my BMI to the point where I am no longer OBESE -- I am simply OVERWEIGHT!!! I have not been at this weight, in low the 170's, since 1992 when I did TOPS for a few months.

Woot Woot, that is wonderful news. Congrats Cheryl. That was a really psychological moment for me hitting overweight instead of obese. It definitely spurred me on.

Enjoy it!
Old 02-13-2015, 06:35 AM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Sue - great hockey results for your DS! Glad you are past the upset over the uptick, too - you definitely HAVE this!!

JJTx, Briael, CenTXChk -- thank you all for the good luck wishes for my Weigh In -- I had a terrific WI today - down 3.4lbs - the most I have lost in one week for quite a while!

Woo Hoo! So happy for you

Quote:
Sue - thats exciting!! Their team must be really good
My son plays tball and we start practice this week for the spring season.

Sending good WI vibes Oneuh2 and Loser!!!

I've been having a weird week - I feel like I'm hungry all day. I haven't done anything differently as far as following program. Don't know if it's stress or what? I'm going to pack some extra cukes for this afternoon.
Ugh weeks like that I live on celery and cucumbers... Funny I don't get TOM anymore but those weeks still seem to be the weeks I would normally have TOM.

Off to Khols this AM. I have 30 % off and need a few outfits that fit for my work trip to Vegas in March. Hopefully I can find a few dress pants. Also my kitchen aid was not working well when I was baking for Christmas so I need to get a new one. Was waiting for the 30% discount lol...
Old 02-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #147  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

I am having such a difficult few weeks. I was within 1 lb of my goal and have had a few "bumps" in the road....so am now 5 lbs from goal. I know it's because of water weight, glycogen stores, food in my gut etc...I have gone to phase 2 and am supposed to start phase 3. Worried about adding that breakfast into my day but maybe it will help with my diet fatigue and cheats. Out with friends the other night and had some yummy bread and dessert....could feel the swelling immediately. My rings got tight, my eyes got puffy. Def. extremely carb sensitive. Thanks for listening.....I need and value your support and understanding.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:41 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Oneuh2, you are a Roskstar!! Awesome WI!! Enjoy your loss girlie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
I am having such a difficult few weeks. I was within 1 lb of my goal and have had a few "bumps" in the road....so am now 5 lbs from goal. I know it's because of water weight, glycogen stores, food in my gut etc...I have gone to phase 2 and am supposed to start phase 3. Worried about adding that breakfast into my day but maybe it will help with my diet fatigue and cheats. Out with friends the other night and had some yummy bread and dessert....could feel the swelling immediately. My rings got tight, my eyes got puffy. Def. extremely carb sensitive. Thanks for listening.....I need and value your support and understanding.
You have come so far. Look at the losses you've had! I know all about diet fatigue and I totally feel you. But once I had carbs during IP all those cravings started returning. This will be life for us....balancing maintenance with real world temptations. You can do this! My coach was telling me how the last 10lbs is the hardest. You are so impatient by that point. Don't undo all of your hard work. You can do this!!
Old 02-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #149  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Crazy busy yesterday, so did not have time to post my WI. Down 3 lbs this week! That's a bigger number than I have seen in a while, so I was really happy. Also, it puts me down 80 (30%) pounds overall.

I was at an event last night where someone said that I looked like I was half my previous size. I was happy to reply that in fact I am almost 2/3rds my previous size!

Congrats to to Oneuh!
Old 02-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #150  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
Crazy busy yesterday, so did not have time to post my WI. Down 3 lbs this week! That's a bigger number than I have seen in a while, so I was really happy. Also, it puts me down 80 (30%) pounds overall.

I was at an event last night where someone said that I looked like I was half my previous size. I was happy to reply that in fact I am almost 2/3rds my previous size!

Congrats to to Oneuh!
Fantastic, Loser58 - we both have had nice losses for the past week, only to prove to ourselves once more that low loss weeks will not last forever if we stay on program.... somehow this learning requires frequent repeats...

JJTx and Briael - thanks for the kudos - and thanks so much for the good wishes and crossed fingers - wishin' and hopin' can be so powerful!

Sue -- squeeze every thing you can from the 30% coupon! Although I am surprised you Kitchenaid mixer is letting you down - the company should make good on it - those are a big investment, and I thought they had a pretty good lifetime warranty. Either way - I want to hear about your new duds!

OhZoe -- Oh Zoe!!! CenTxChk is so right on!! C'mon - be good to yourself with good care and smart food choices... the good features of that bread and dessert lasted only seconds on your tongue, and all it did was make you feel bad, physically and mentally.

You really do deserve to benefit from your hard work that has gotten you this close to goal - don't let the self-saboteur get the best of you! The day by day choices you make about food, fitness and self care, are a testimony to how much you allow yourself to feel worthy and deserving.

Please don't forget that you are special - you are you! And we, your IP buddies, want you to succeed with this -- in part for you, but in part for us, too -- because your success will help us believe we can succeed too!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-13-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Closed Thread