Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 04:52 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Loser - WTG on your whoosh this week!!

OhZoe - you are SO close!! I know the road is long, but stick with the phases into maintenance. It seems like those who keep it off best are the ones who phased off properly.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:41 PM   #152  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

CenTexChk, Oneuh2, JJTx- thank you, thank you, thank you. I appreciate the words of encouragement, support AND understanding. I will re-focus and look forward to continuing my phase off!!!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:12 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
I am having such a difficult few weeks. I was within 1 lb of my goal and have had a few "bumps" in the road....so am now 5 lbs from goal. I know it's because of water weight, glycogen stores, food in my gut etc...I have gone to phase 2 and am supposed to start phase 3. Worried about adding that breakfast into my day but maybe it will help with my diet fatigue and cheats. Out with friends the other night and had some yummy bread and dessert....could feel the swelling immediately. My rings got tight, my eyes got puffy. Def. extremely carb sensitive. Thanks for listening.....I need and value your support and understanding.
Hang in there my friend! You are so close and I have come so far.....try to think back and remember what it was like before you lost the weight....maybe find a photo of yourself pre IP. Compare it to now! That should help you maintain your confidence in the program and get you back into the game! I'm cheering you on to the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
Crazy busy yesterday, so did not have time to post my WI. Down 3 lbs this week! That's a bigger number than I have seen in a while, so I was really happy. Also, it puts me down 80 (30%) pounds overall.

I was at an event last night where someone said that I looked like I was half my previous size. I was happy to reply that in fact I am almost 2/3rds my previous size!

Congrats to to Oneuh!
. Yeah! Love compliments like that. They are the boost we need to keep going sometimes.

One- re: the kitchen aid....I didn't look into the warranty, but it is almost 25 years old. I saved $100 on it today so I was happy. I bought 6 pair of pants with my coupon. All size 16's and they fit perfectly. I felt so good in them. Amazing what wearing the right size can do for the ego! I also picked up a bunch of sping tops from the regular woman's department and a few stretchy legging! So cute and cheaper then the + sizes (unfair) lol....also got some new undies that fit. A cute pair of boots on clearance and my bill for the clothes was just under $ 200! Happy Valentine's Day to me! Lol
Old 02-14-2015, 08:03 AM   #154  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Hang in there my friend! You are so close and I have come so far.....try to think back and remember what it was like before you lost the weight....maybe find a photo of yourself pre IP. Compare it to now! That should help you maintain your confidence in the program and get you back into the game! I'm cheering you on to the end!

. Yeah! Love compliments like that. They are the boost we need to keep going sometimes.

One- re: the kitchen aid....I didn't look into the warranty, but it is almost 25 years old. I saved $100 on it today so I was happy. I bought 6 pair of pants with my coupon. All size 16's and they fit perfectly. I felt so good in them. Amazing what wearing the right size can do for the ego! I also picked up a bunch of sping tops from the regular woman's department and a few stretchy legging! So cute and cheaper then the + sizes (unfair) lol....also got some new undies that fit. A cute pair of boots on clearance and my bill for the clothes was just under $ 200! Happy Valentine's Day to me! Lol
Sounds like a spectacular shopping trip! It is a great feeling to dress in clothes that fit and show off the smaller waist and hips... And I bet you will work that new Kitchenaide machine - your postings show you are a great cook!
Old 02-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys,
Just restarted last Tuesday after falling off for several months and regaining some of my weight. Glad to report that I have been on protocol every day since recommitting. What a great feeling to have my head back in the game and a strong control over my choices. It is hard to restart, but what can I say, it's so much of a mind game. Hope to connect with y'all more and cheer everyone on!
Old 02-15-2015, 12:25 AM   #156  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanklan View Post
Hey guys,
Just restarted last Tuesday after falling off for several months and regaining some of my weight. Glad to report that I have been on protocol every day since recommitting. What a great feeling to have my head back in the game and a strong control over my choices. It is hard to restart, but what can I say, it's so much of a mind game. Hope to connect with y'all more and cheer everyone on!
SO glad you found your way back, Tanklan - and good work this week staying with the protocol - you know you can do this!

Great photo too!!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:05 AM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Sounds like a spectacular shopping trip! It is a great feeling to dress in clothes that fit and show off the smaller waist and hips... And I bet you will work that new Kitchenaide machine - your postings show you are a great cook!
I love to cook! I think that is what helps me not be bored on this program...sure some things I eat out of ease, but I love trying new stuff. Can't wait till I am at goal though....cooking 2 meals every night is a pain in the neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanklan View Post
Hey guys,
Welcome back! Good luck with the rest of your journey! We are all here for you.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #158  

Wb Tanklin!! So glad you're back with us
Old 02-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

I posted on daily chat but wanted to check in with my summer peeps.

Sue – I am feeling your pain this morning with a gain on WI day.

OMG, I have been starving since Sat. I don’t know what is going on.

I gained 0.4 this week. Annoying because I was out of town over the weekend for a soccer tournament for my DD and I brought all of my salad stuff with me and only ate out one dinner (ate a tasteless grilled chicken and broccoli). I sat through 2 breakfasts at Waffle House and Denny’s with the team sipping on a cup of coffee with a dribble of 2% milk while everyone else gorged themselves on my favorite breakfast foods. I snacked on my soy nuts while everyone was drinking wine and eating pizza Sat night. The sad thing is I was starving all weekend. I know I didn’t get enough protein and veggies. How can I see a gain?!?

I am not that upset, just annoyed. And I am leaving for my work trip tomorrow which now has me thinking that I can expect not to see a loss again next Monday. Even 100% OP, there are too many foods out of my control when traveling.

My coach suggested boot camp. Has anyone heard of this? She said to substitute my animal protein for dinner with 2 IP packets. So I am going to do that today and starting Thurs when I get home through Sun….unless I need some meat I will do it tonight and reassess when I get on my home scale Fri morning.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by CenTXChk; 02-16-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:22 PM   #160  

Yes I have info on boot camp - my coach gave it out before Thanksgiving as a "here's what you do if you go off the rails at the holidays" thing. My original coach had mentioned it to me as well a long time ago, when we were talking about stalls.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:53 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

CenTXChk: 'Boot camp' doesn't make sense in your case.... if you didn't get enough food that weekend why would they get you to use packets (even less food) instead of real protein and its accompanying nutrients??? Sounds like a cash grab.
I'd just keep on with real P1 protocol.
Weight loss is not linear so you won't be losing the same amount every week. That's not how our bodies work.
The body will rebel if you are getting insufficient food. That is what happened to me when I was losing my weight on P1, I ended up having to go to the Alternative P1 (Diabetic Protocol - even though not diabetic) so that I had enough fat, carbs, and calories to start losing weight again. That might sound counterintuitive but it's really not, my body could not do its job of burning fat efficiently without enough nutrition.
Hang in there, and just get back to normal plan and you will be fine again.
Liana
Old 02-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Quote:
he body will rebel if you are getting insufficient food. That is what happened to me when I was losing my weight on P1, I ended up having to go to the Alternative P1 (Diabetic Protocol - even though not diabetic) so that I had enough fat, carbs, and calories to start losing weight again. That might sound counterintuitive but it's really not, my body could not do its job of burning fat efficiently without enough nutrition.
Hang in there, and just get back to normal plan and you will be fine again.
Liana- I am sure you have said this before, but how long were you on regular P1 before you became stalled and then how long were you on the diabetic plan for? Was there a transition period between the two or did you jump from P1 to diabetic the next day. Considering revisiting this...

Last edited by CO_6; 02-16-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:54 AM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
I posted on daily chat but wanted to check in with my summer peeps.

Sue – I am feeling your pain this morning with a gain on WI day.

OMG, I have been starving since Sat. I don’t know what is going on.

I gained 0.4 this week. Annoying because I was out of town over the weekend for a soccer tournament for my DD and I brought all of my salad stuff with me and only ate out one dinner (ate a tasteless grilled chicken and broccoli). I sat through 2 breakfasts at Waffle House and Denny’s with the team sipping on a cup of coffee with a dribble of 2% milk while everyone else gorged themselves on my favorite breakfast foods. I snacked on my soy nuts while everyone was drinking wine and eating pizza Sat night. The sad thing is I was starving all weekend. I know I didn’t get enough protein and veggies. How can I see a gain?!?

I am not that upset, just annoyed. And I am leaving for my work trip tomorrow which now has me thinking that I can expect not to see a loss again next Monday. Even 100% OP, there are too many foods out of my control when traveling.

My coach suggested boot camp. Has anyone heard of this? She said to substitute my animal protein for dinner with 2 IP packets. So I am going to do that today and starting Thurs when I get home through Sun….unless I need some meat I will do it tonight and reassess when I get on my home scale Fri morning.

Wish me luck!
Sorry about the gain....good luck on your trip. I'm sure you will do fine!

I have WI this AM but with a fresh coating of new snow on the ground I'm thinking clinic may not open on time. Waiting to get a text from my coach.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:08 AM   #164  

WI this morning, down 1.8, and about 3.5 inches from two weeks ago. Last week was kinda rough so I'll take it. Talked to my coach about being hungry a lot, so she's having me add 2 oz. protein each day this week and see how that goes. She also said to definitely add a packet on days when I go walking. I was thinking this morning about going back to my first couple of journals and reviewing them, to see if I've made a lot of changes unaware that I made need to get back to.

Sue - hope you get to WI, stay safe!!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

JJTx - Congrats on your loss! WTG.

Just checked into my hotel at the Ft Worth Stockyards. Eating BBQ for dinner...wish me luck I can find something OP. The eating and drinking will commence in a few short hours. I am feeling strong and am stoked my hotel room has a mini fridge for my salad, veggies and dressing. Walked in wheeling a cooler which I am sure most people thought was full of booze.

Got my new pearl snap shirt ironed and my cowboy boots polished. Funny how Texans can get excited about getting dressed up country. Not my normal attire by a long shot but when in Rome!
Closed Thread