Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #1  
chirp

S/C/G: 186/176/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default September 2014 starters? Let's Do This!

So I'm technically starting next Tuesday, after a long vacation out of town. I spent yesterday with 10 gallon ziplock bags putting My IP foods in a bag for each of the first 10 days. Hope that helps the ease in getting out the door.

Until then, I've been trying to do a modified IP with alts and not quite yet on plan. Can't believe all the veggies I have in my fridge. Have been doing a shake for bfast, big salad with WF dressing and protein for lunch, going stark raving hungry in the afternoon, and protein and veggies at night. Not much weight progress, but I'm training my brain.

What are YOU doing to get ready? Or what are to doing to GO?
Old 09-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #2  

I started on 9/1! Since veggies have never been an issue, I already had plenty in the fridge! Also, I received a "variety pack" to start with so I'm just trying them all so I can decide what I want to buy next time.

So far it hasn't been too bad! Good luck!
-Amanda
Old 09-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #3  

The very best spot to engage as many people as possible is right on the daily chat. That is where you'll get the most support and the most knowledge from people who have been doing the program. The monthly threads tend to segregate and separate us, rather than bring the community together. Please intro yourself on the daily chat and join in!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #4  
Restart Sept 2013

Height: 5'9"

I restarted on 9/2, does that count? Good luck!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

I started on 9/2. It's been easier then I thought it would be. Today was the first day that I got very light headed but I realized I didn't drink enough water
Old 09-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/244/150

Height: 5'4"

I just started on 9/13...but didn't start until 9/14 (I hate starting things in the middle so I wanted to make sure I started at the beginning of my day and carried through with it) So far, it's not been to bad. I was just doing what was listed on the packets to make things and loathing some of the soups and cereals. Now that I've joined here I see there are tons of ways to change them up and make better items so I'm looking forward to trying that first thing tomorrow morning with the Pancake packet....I'm going to make them thin like savory crepes and stuff them with veggies
Old 09-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/153/145

Height: 5'5"

I started Sept. 3. I've used Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig and had good luck, but I've always preferred Low Carb eating...so this is a good plan for me.

I feel great and look forward to seeing what my 3rd weigh in will bring the day after tomorrow! I'm very thankful for this board! I look forward to learning a lot from you all.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #8  

I started Sept 7th. So far, so good. I am feeling really tired though. I am hoping that goes away soon. Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #9  

I started today Sept. 15. I lost 52 lbs the first go around and have now gained 23 back!! Yikes I need to focus! Good luck everyone!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/155/135

Height: 5'1''

Starting back next Tuesday (waiting for my food order) I went off program Aug26 due to some financial issues, thinking I could do things on my own. I still think I could probably continue to lose weight on my own but I have been fighting this battle for 20 plus years and I am tired and so down about it. So I have made some sacrifices financially to go back on program. I first started June 3 and ended Aug 26 losing 27 lbs. I have put 2 back on (not bad) I am still being very careful with my food choices but admit there have been a couple ice cream treats and some chocolate. Small victories are I have stayed away from the potatoes, white bread and pasta. But beans and cheese... uuugh. Total overload and feeling real yucky. My fatigue is back and leg aches, headaches. Just feeling gross today. I can commit to 8 more weeks on program. My hope is to get within 5 lbs of my goal. I can wrap my head around 5 lbs. way better than 25. I have to say this has been an awesome program so far for me and feel like I am finally living life again. Hoping this forum helps me through the change in weather. I tend to withdraw and eat when the cold air hits.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning! I re-started on September 4. I was quite successful with the program 3 years ago, but had some weight slowly creep back on over the last year (okay, it rapidly packed back on over a summer of bad living). Phase 1 is so simple compared to maintenance! I like the simplicity of it, but I haven't felt too great. I'm kind of dizzy every day and almost have vertigo most of the time. Very weird. I'm not tired, but plagued by hunger every afternoon! I remember being hungry a lot of the time when I was doing the program before.

Anyhoo - the diet works! I'm already down 13 lbs. You just can't beat that with any other plan.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

Day two and feeling good! We can do this!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 128/128/112

Height: 5'2"

Default Day 2: IP

I have trying for months to lose 15 pounds and I am stuck, so I am hoping that the IP plan will boost my metabolism and finally shed those last few pounds. So far it's not too bad...

Last edited by Yellowdoor; 09-16-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8

I start thursday the 18th assuming my order gets here on time
Old 10-08-2014, 07:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

I started on labor day and so far am enjoying the diet. I've lost about 10 - 12 bounds and feel like I can do this. I was following my own low carb diet before IP (south beachish) so I have found that adding back in the IP packets and bars has actually helped me feel less deprived. The first week I actually lost very little but it was my TOM but I could tell immediately in my clothes. I am also a fact gathering sort of person so I am enjoying finding recipes that work, trying the different IP packets, and dipping my toe into alternatives. I'm also reading ahead into Phase 2-4 which scares me alittle as it seems so complicated. But, since I've always gained back after maintaining for awhile I figure I have to try something new. Or realize that I have to have tools to not let the weight creep back on without catching it sooner.
Closed Thread