Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Ruth Ann and Lisa - your topics are always so helpful and right on the topic - what a great inspiration. I posted on the Daily Chat my experiences today trying on clothes. I made a point when I was struggling to get in to the size 12 and size 10 not to look until the dresses were settled on my hips.

I did not want to fall into a funk because of the "battle scars" and just wanted to see the effect of the dresses being worn. For me to be able to put on (albeit snuggly) dresses that size sent me into heaven. Inspiration, motivation and a bit of pride. What others see and what I see in the mirror need to be proud moments and I am going to work to try to reset my 'filters' to get to that point.

When I can get that size 10 on properly, then I will know I have really made it! Until then, 100% OP and I will be great buddies, going through every day together, by the book...no Easter candy, no 60th birthday cake, no Mother's Day treats...I'll take good jewelry instead?
I believe in you .......
Old 04-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I believe in you .......
Aww - thank you! You just wait until I post the photos with me in the lovely dresses - I was STUNNED that I was able to slip them on, even though I still have work to do on the fit. One thigh would not have fit in the evening gown a year ago.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

quote=schenectady;4987833]Aww - thank you! You just wait until I post the photos with me in the lovely dresses - I was STUNNED that I was able to slip them on, even though I still have work to do on the fit. One thigh would not have fit in the evening gown a year ago.[/quote]

Below: You at the events...
Advice: shop for comfy shoes....!!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #169  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I mean really, how silly is it to complain that I don't like the way size 3 pants look on me?
Quote:
I actually took a stapler to the bathroom one day at work and stapled the back of the waistband of my pants because I was afraid they would come off.
I just had to laugh out loud at both of these! Isn't it just crazy to think how much your body has changed!?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #170  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

NSV today was my sisters birthday and we had 15 people here (family) there was cupcakes galore around my house, I purchased for everyone could have them for b-day/easter. I have to say its been almost 3.5 months OP and nothing has tempted me as much as today. But I boxed up the left over sweets and took them out of my site. No frosting for me!

I hope everyone is having a great easter weekend!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:05 AM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
NSV today was my sisters birthday and we had 15 people here (family) there was cupcakes galore around my house, I purchased for everyone could have them for b-day/easter. I have to say its been almost 3.5 months OP and nothing has tempted me as much as today. But I boxed up the left over sweets and took them out of my site. No frosting for me!

I hope everyone is having a great easter weekend!
Please share how you planned ahead to get yourself thru that. I think some people think we are either lying or that we possess some special diet gene they don't have, when 100% is totally in the planning!

I'm going to a restaurant with friends today (my family will be in town next weekend). I've already reviewed the menu and chosen my food. My meat meal will be mid-day today.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I have a work function next Saturday - twice a year - everyone from all our offices come together for a few days - training etc - ends with a very nice dinner at the Officers' Mess - I'll be eating before I go & bringing along a bar for on the way home in case I get hungry - I have a lot to do during the event so my food will just get moved around my plate!!! the dress I bought a few weeks ago for this is now too big!!! hurray
Old 04-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

I planned ahead for today by purchasing a dessert to take to my parents' house. I could have made it myself for less, but didn't want the added temptation of handling the cake batter and melted chocolate (ordered "cake balls" dipped in chocolate). I will make a pound cake myself, but it won't be cut until it gets there. I feel safer with that. My restricted bar will be used while everyone else is having their dessert.

I cooked a plain chicken breast yesterday and cut into bite-size pieces and roasted some rutabaga. I have spring mix and regular lettuce to round it out. So, I will carry my own meal.

The Easter candy in the stores has been SO tempting to me. I will be glad when it's gone!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
I planned ahead for today by purchasing a dessert to take to my parents' house. I could have made it myself for less, but didn't want the added temptation of handling the cake batter and melted chocolate (ordered "cake balls" dipped in chocolate). I will make a pound cake myself, but it won't be cut until it gets there. I feel safer with that. My restricted bar will be used while everyone else is having their dessert.

I cooked a plain chicken breast yesterday and cut into bite-size pieces and roasted some rutabaga. I have spring mix and regular lettuce to round it out. So, I will carry my own meal.

The Easter candy in the stores has been SO tempting to me. I will be glad when it's gone!

Good job! I actually think about how long the holiday candy sits around because they put it out there forever before the holiday. It is full of chemicals and unwanted sugar and costs way, way, way too much. Groceries are too expensive as it is without adding the garbage. So far it works.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #175  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

drd - did I tell you how cute your new pic is? Just adorable!

Good job everyone on the planning! You guys are so inspiring - figuring out ways to make things work instead of whining about what we can't have is such a good thing to learn. Every time I get through an event 100% I feel so much more capable and confident that I will be able to keep this weight off!

So kudos to all and

I will be flying out this evening and then back again tomorrow afternoon. I suspect there will be no restaurants open, but I'm packing chicken and roasted Brussels sprouts that can be reheated in the hotel microwave for dinner, got packets lined up along with a couple of hard boiled eggs and some cut up veggies. Supplements all ready to go. Good thing I don't need many clothes for the trip - my "supplies" take up a lot of room!

Happy Easter to all!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #176  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Luckily the treats don't lie around much in this house. The kids grab them and take them to their room so their dad doesn't eat them. I will be making a dessert for everyone tonight but I'm confident I won't be tempted. I can't believe how easy it has been for me to not be tempted while OP. I have never had this king of success or level of commitment. Every time I walk past the mirror and see my profile my efforts are rewarded!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Friday, we went shopping for my niece/goddaughter's wedding gown. It was a wonderful day, followed by a 3hour, 4 course meal at one on my favorite restauants. I had planned ahead by checking the menu. I stuck to my choices, seared tuna, soy sauce on the side with a bed of mixed greens. This was by far my hardest event challenge so far. But... I want to hit goal by the end of May more!!!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

I will be flying out this evening and then back again tomorrow afternoon. I suspect there will be no restaurants open, but I'm packing chicken and roasted Brussels sprouts that can be reheated in the hotel microwave for dinner, got packets lined up along with a couple of hard boiled eggs and some cut up veggies. Supplements all ready to go. Good thing I don't need many clothes for the trip - my "supplies" take up a lot of room!

Happy Easter to all!
RuthAnn - I just bet that those size 4 clothes take up a WHOLE lot less room that those size 20++ did? Another unforeseen benefit of IP!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #179  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
RuthAnn - I just bet that those size 4 clothes take up a WHOLE lot less room that those size 20++ did? Another unforeseen benefit of IP!
Absolutely true! When dh and I traveled before, I would use my bag and 1/2 of his (granted, some of it was for shoes!) but now I can get by with just my bag!
Old 04-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:

Good job everyone on the planning! You guys are so inspiring - figuring out ways to make things work instead of whining about what we can't have is such a good thing to learn. Every time I get through an event 100% I feel so much more capable and confident that I will be able to keep this weight off!

So kudos to all and

Happy Easter to all!
Thanks, I cut out the drink I was toasting my daughter with when she snapped that.
Closed Thread