Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #406  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I is great to have you on board with us Dana. I went really off the path for a year. I had my Mom pass away after a long illness, etc - but I went off track before that happened. Anyway I'm back on track now, and I feel I will be able to maintain this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Dana - hello! It is good to see you again. For me this time is much harder and much slower than the first time around, but it will continue because the other option is unacceptable
Thanks for the welcome back. I'm feeling more positive this time back than in the past. I know it's helping doing it again with my friend who did it with me the first time around. Today is only my second day back and feeling a little low in energy. I know in a few more days ketosis will kick in and I'll be doing better. This time I've decided to go with alternative products, so I'll see how that goes. Looking forward to catching up with everyone again and meeting some new friends too.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #407  

Where are all of my 50 + girlfriends???? I know a couple of years ago when I started this group we were really active and then many of us left. But I know there are now others out there... Hello?

Since most of us are post menopausal on this group given our age, we just don't lose the same as younger women. Come and join and lets have some fun.

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 09-06-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 228/223/160

Height: 5'4.5"

I just joined this group! I'm on Day 4 of IP and going well, so far! Looking forward to encouragement and support here. Just not used to checking this forum yet!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #409  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Where are all of my 50 + girlfriends???? I know a couple of years ago when I started this group we were really active and then many of us left. But I know there are now others out there... Hello?

Since most of us are post menopausal on this group given our age, we just don't lose the same as younger women. Come and join and lets have some fun.
Are you ok with us 60+ players too? As much as I cannot fathom that I just turned 63, here I am..... spent my whole life doing the yoyo thing with my weight until I have gathered almost enuf extra weight to make another full grown person!

You are so right about how much harder it is to lose now than it was when we were 30 or 40... I am glad to be part of this group of older IP'ers who are trying to stay the course.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I'm here Dana! Mostly a reader due to being back at school. My energy seems to be a bit down, I hope that resolves soon. I lost 2 lbs this week for a grand total of 14 lbs. at week 7 WI. This is way slower than two years ago but I will take what I get.

Hope all the FabFif gals are having a great week.

Barb I ordered the Beck books this morning also. I hope I ordered the right ones.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #411  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Quote:
Hi there! I just turned 50 this year and cannot wait to be post menopausal. I've been perimenopausal for 12 years! I just want it to stopppppp.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
Hi there! I just turned 50 this year and cannot wait to be post menopausal. I've been perimenopausal for 12 years! I just want it to stopppppp.
I'm 48- so far nothing....I'm guessing id know if I was peri menopausal??
Old 09-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #413  

oneuh2: if you are 60+ then you are certainly over 50, which is the point of this group!

I'm here Dana. I just woke up from the nap I had when I started reading Beck Diet Solution. Maybe I'm best off with my audio version
Old 09-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #414  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Disney gal is in the "50's" house too!!

Just work in' it day to day.....reading and always getting great new ideas!!

Fifty is FABULOUS!!!
Old 09-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #415  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
oneuh2: if you are 60+ then you are certainly over 50, which is the point of this group!
oooohh Lisa -- it's just that, lately, 50 sounds so young to me... I thought maybe I should go find a 60+ group.... (grin)

Last edited by oneuh2; 09-06-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:21 AM   #416  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGal View Post
I just joined this group! I'm on Day 4 of IP and going well, so far! Looking forward to encouragement and support here. Just not used to checking this forum yet!
Hi and welcome. I'm just on day 5 of starting back again. So glad you are joining us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Are you ok with us 60+ players too? As much as I cannot fathom that I just turned 63, here I am..... spent my whole life doing the yoyo thing with my weight until I have gathered almost enuf extra weight to make another full grown person!

You are so right about how much harder it is to lose now than it was when we were 30 or 40... I am glad to be part of this group of older IP'ers who are trying to stay the course.
We are 50 plus, so yes you very much belong here. Glad you can join us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
I'm here Dana! Mostly a reader due to being back at school. My energy seems to be a bit down, I hope that resolves soon. I lost 2 lbs this week for a grand total of 14 lbs. at week 7 WI. This is way slower than two years ago but I will take what I get.

Hope all the FabFif gals are having a great week.

Barb I ordered the Beck books this morning also. I hope I ordered the right ones.
Always happy to see a familiar face. Stop in when you get a chance.

Quote:
Yes, those perimenopausal years went on what seems like forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

I'm here Dana. I just woke up from the nap I had when I started reading Beck Diet Solution. Maybe I'm best off with my audio version
Hi Lisa!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Disney gal is in the "50's" house too!!

Just work in' it day to day.....reading and always getting great new ideas!!

Fifty is FABULOUS!!!
Fifty is fabulous... most days.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:24 AM   #417  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
I decided I wanted to be post menopausal when I was 11 - enough was enough already, lol. At the rate things are going though, I will probably be one of those little old Italian ladies in their mid 60's who can still have children, BAH! I'm 50 and not yet having peri-symptoms as far as I can tell, but then again, I am taking Vitex (natural supplement); that is supposed to help regulate any potential nastiness like hot flashes, etc, so maybe if I'm lucky, 'things' will just suddenly come to an end! And I will save money on paper products.

Sorry, got carried away
Liana
Old 09-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #418  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I was worried that being over 50 would make the weight loss slower but for some reason it came off regularly and fast. Had a bunch of other issues come up healthwise, but the weight loss just chugged on along. I think the hot flashes were the worst - I didn't have that bad of hot flashes after my hysterectomy!

I'm so impressed with the women my age and older on this board (along with everyone else, of course) - making a major life change when you are older takes so much determination and focus. So many times we're battling a lot of years of habits that are really tough to break along with the "stuff" that comes with aging - health issues, family issues, closing in on retirement, etc. Finally taking time to focus on ourselves is difficult.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #419  

Yes, years of bad habits are difficult to break but I figure it this way: What choice do I have?

I can continue the bad habits & cause my own disability & early demise or I can make changes. And if I'm not perfect in my battle, I'm still alive so I pick myself up, dust myself off & start over again (or keep going).
Old 09-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #420  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I decided I wanted to be post menopausal when I was 11 - enough was enough already, lol. At the rate things are going though, I will probably be one of those little old Italian ladies in their mid 60's who can still have children, BAH! I'm 50 and not yet having peri-symptoms as far as I can tell, but then again, I am taking Vitex (natural supplement); that is supposed to help regulate any potential nastiness like hot flashes, etc, so maybe if I'm lucky, 'things' will just suddenly come to an end! And I will save money on paper products.

Sorry, got carried away
Liana
I still had my period with no hot flashes at all till I had a hysterectomy at age 53 which of course stopped everything. Now that I have to take a drug for at least the next 5 years after having breast cancer last year, I'm now having hot flashes. Not fun, but apple cider vinegar is helping a lot with them.
Closed Thread