Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 06:06 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 10/2/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-02-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:25 AM   #2  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Good morning

I have my just missed going to Kindergarden by two days five year old grandson today. I have him Tuesdays and Thursdays. Today is swim lessons but since it is raining no outdoor park. We will have fun regardless.

WI tonight at five hope for two pounds but as I near goal that is a real big goal.

I have decided at the end of the month 4 weeks to go to phase 2 no matter what the scale says. That way I will be on phase 4 for Thanksgiving boy is that scary.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!

Wishing you a great Thursday, yay! One more day for Friday!!! Good luck today on your WI Not so fat anymore!

Last edited by Ariel13; 10-02-2014 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Good morning

I have my just missed going to Kindergarden by two days five year old grandson today. I have him Tuesdays and Thursdays. Today is swim lessons but since it is raining no outdoor park. We will have fun regardless.

WI tonight at five hope for two pounds but as I near goal that is a real big goal.

I have decided at the end of the month 4 weeks to go to phase 2 no matter what the scale says. That way I will be on phase 4 for Thanksgiving boy is that scary.
Good Luck! And enjoy the time with your grandson...

Today is WI for me and I am praying the IP Gods let me release the 240's and I never look back.
Read day 2 of Beck this am while I was eating my oatmeal. I know I should be further along in beck but life is preventing me from a lot of downtime.
Bringing it along to work today and hopefully I can sneak a chapter or 2 in

My California trip is 2 weeks away. Getting nervous for the food challenge, but excited to see family and friends I have not seen since last year. Need to find some summer clothes that fit. It is still warm in LA.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Morning all. Interesting conversation yesterday about just "going through the IP motions" and not really having your mind in it as much. I have definitely been slacking on following the plan to a T and it's shown in my losses, which have slowed down significantly. Of course I am just a few pounds away from goal, but I'm really trying to refocus and do the last bit completely 100%. I too will be transitioning to P2 at the end of the month, even if I hit my weight goal before that (I want to give myself some cushion). P4 by Thanksgiving (US) is my target.

On another note, I'm po'd this morning cause I think someone has been eating my quest bars. I thought last week that it seemed like I had less than I thought but chalked it up to crazy brain. My apple pie bar was missing this morning and I was planning on having that for breakfast today, so now I KNOW someone has got their hands in my IP basket. So annoying! I keep all my food out in a basket on the counter because my roommates have the pantry overflowing with junk that I can't eat. You'd think that'd be enough for them.

Anyway, hope ya'll have a good Thursday. Looking forward to watching the O's first playoff game tonight.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post

On another note, I'm po'd this morning cause I think someone has been eating my quest bars. I thought last week that it seemed like I had less than I thought but chalked it up to crazy brain. My apple pie bar was missing this morning and I was planning on having that for breakfast today, so now I KNOW someone has got their hands in my IP basket. So annoying! I keep all my food out in a basket on the counter because my roommates have the pantry overflowing with junk that I can't eat. You'd think that'd be enough for them.
Ugh! Time to have a conversation with your roommates about keeping their paws off your food & discussing replacement. If someone fesses up and apologizes, you'll know you live with trustworthy people.

Too bad you may have to hide food from others. I hope somebody comes clean!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #7  

Good luck to all having weigh-ins today!
I am trekking to a nearby city this afternoon for what I hope will be my last "stuff I need my trip" shopping adventure. I like the planning part but could do without the running around and errands part, lol.
Walked and worked out with my coach on Power Plate this morning so I am taking advantage of the endorphin rush and trying to finish preparations for the Blessing of the Animals that I am doing on Saturday. Always a fun event and the weather is looking good.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Anyway, hope ya'll have a good Thursday. Looking forward to watching the O's first playoff game tonight.
Applesauce,
Sorry to hear someone is swiping your quest bars. Agree that a talk is in order. You might have to keep them in your room, that might help if they at least respect the bedroom boundary.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #9  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All! I have my WI tomorrow and I feel like it's going to be another week before I bust into the 140s, which I'm okay with. I know I am sitting on the cusp of the 150s but it took me so long to get through the 160s what's another week.

I'm super excited about finding LizRR's "Sweet Fauxtato Pie" Recipe since I've been having pumpkin pie cravings. I'm taking my time and making this up on Saturday. TOM is definitely on the horizon.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4527843-post9.html

Last edited by kissi; 10-02-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #10  
Started IP 6/12/14

Quote:
Oh NO NO NO NONO.

How many roommates do you have? Do you know which one may be the culprit or are you going to have to sit them all down. Not only are Quest Bars and other IP Foods pricey, they are yours and so you stay on plan. You would think they could find ANYTHING in the pantry if they are not on a restricted eating plan. If I woke up and my vanilla shake was MIA, people wouldn't hear the end of it.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178.8/178.8/155

Height: 5'10

Pishposhappelsauce,
So sorry to hear about your food disappearing. Not a great way to start the day. Hopefully, the day will get better and end with a win for the Os! I will be there looking less like a pumpkin in orange than usual thanks to IP.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Ugh. Like, not to make a bigger deal than it is, but it is very uncomfortable living with people you can't trust, even if it's just around food theft. Sorry, that sucks.

Good morning everyone! I had a bit of a slip last night Not carbs, but fat. But I perservere. Anyway today is my 2nd thyroid biopsy and I am stressed about it cause it hurts super bad. Wish me luck!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

this girl is awake - Good luck on your thyroid biopsy...hoping it won't be so painful!

pishposh - I would be super mad about my bars being gone! I agree a talk needs to happen!

kissi - just wanted to say that I was stuck in the 140's for sooo long and all of a sudden I had a big whoosh so sit tight, your whoosh is coming to get you out of the 150's!!!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/12/14

SallyE- I was like a month and a half or longer in the 160s so I am not gonna sweat sitting in the 150s for a while. A couple weeks before TOM (pretty sure when I'm ovulating) I want to hold onto my weight and I am pretty sure that is this week, so I'm going into WI tomorrow with zero expectations and just gonna stay on plan and know my whoosh is coming.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Ugh. Like, not to make a bigger deal than it is, but it is very uncomfortable living with people you can't trust, even if it's just around food theft. Sorry, that sucks.

Good morning everyone! I had a bit of a slip last night Not carbs, but fat. But I perservere. Anyway today is my 2nd thyroid biopsy and I am stressed about it cause it hurts super bad. Wish me luck!
Fingers crossed that your biopsy goes well and the pain is minimal.
Closed Thread