Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello Happy Sat. I love being 50 but I am feeling really good, before when I lost weight I really didnt exercise but now that I have been walking faithfully I really can tell a difference, just like the comercial says "A body in motion stays in motion". Went on a 2.5 mile walk along a river walk this morning, so pretty.
Hope you all have a blessed day. Teena
Old 07-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #287  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Just touching base after a nice weekend. I ended up working Friday and Saturday some, but also had some great fun. We went to a national park and did a little walking along the river (darn near fell on my keester!) I sure hope my agility comes back with the weight loss. Anyway that didn't stop me from enjoying the walk along the nature trail. Heck with hubby holding my hand for the rough spots - I may still need a hand when I'm at goal just because.

I went to a party on Sunday and volunteered to bring the salad. That turned out to be a great thing because while the food was all healthy stuff, it was a lot of fresh fruit and things like bean corn salsa dip. There were cucumber slices though - so I did fine. I stopped at Super Supplements and got a quest bar for the hour drive home so I wouldn't be too hungry when I got home. Turned out I only ate about 1/2 of that - Strawberry cheesecake seemed way too sweet. It's been a while since I've had them. Glad I didn't get a box like old times, but then again they didn't have the flavor I wanted either (thought there was a peanut butter/chocolate or something along those lines).
Old 07-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Just want to say I love being 50. I look and feel better than I can ever remember feeling. I didn't gain a lot till I got married (hate being that "statistic"), but I was never satisfied with how I looked because I was never skinny. If only I had worked out and gotten toned back then but didn't. But I can do it now and it's great. For me, 50 is the new 30.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #289  
6/26/12 start 355

Default stopping the madness

Hi All,
I am usually a very honest and open person, but I was/am very embarrassed about the gain I put back on in the year since I hit goal. I cleaned up my tracker and apologize for the deception. It's all in sync now with my chart I keep at home. Going forward each week will now be much more rewarding to update that little flower moving along the bottom. My loss this time from last time on IP has been almost the exact same average, which might be helpful for those who are considering restarting or re-doing IP. Although when you have over 100 lbs to lose it does come off faster at the start it seems.

Not much new here. Garden is growing well. Slugs ate my dahlias in the front of the house. I dug them up and moved them to the back where they get better care. I'm out on the deck a lot more than out front. We have a little fish pond and the deck in the back yard, so that's the go to place to relax when the weather is nice.

Hope you all have a great day.
Barb

Last edited by Halfagain; 07-08-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I love the fishpond in the backyard idea. Hopefully all your mosquito larvae get eaten by the fish... or maybe you don't have that issue there? Mosquitos just love me (inherited 'yummy' blood from my dad who is also tormented) and I am the first person they head for - kinda like bug-bait, and a good idea to invite me to your party as I keep the rest of the guests bug-free.

Liana
Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #291  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I love the fishpond in the backyard idea. Hopefully all your mosquito larvae get eaten by the fish... or maybe you don't have that issue there? Mosquitos just love me (inherited 'yummy' blood from my dad who is also tormented) and I am the first person they head for - kinda like bug-bait, and a good idea to invite me to your party as I keep the rest of the guests bug-free.

Liana
LOL they love me too. I hear more garlic in your diet is supposed to keep the blood suckers away (seriously). But we put a screen tent up on the deck for the first time this year. They can get up through the deck floor, but I haven't noticed them doing it really. We put a large area carpet down too so that helps. I'm really spoiled this year and the great outdoors

I spin wool into yarn, so I do a lot of spinning out there. It's very peaceful.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #292  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hello Fabulous Fifties! It's official, I joined the group officially June 7th! Woo Hoo! I feel better now than I did in my forties for sure. What a difference a year makes. Last May13th I started IP with the goal of losing 50 lbs before I turned 50. I never really dreamed it was possible, but I was so ready. I have successfully been maintaining since October. I am ever thankful for IP and this site. I don't post often lately, but still pop in to read from time to time. It is nice to be with a group with so much in common and I appreciate the posts from all of you.

Have a great day!
Old 07-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #293  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Not much new here. Garden is growing well. Slugs ate my dahlias in the front of the house. I dug them up and moved them to the back where they get better care. I'm out on the deck a lot more than out front. We have a little fish pond and the deck in the back yard, so that's the go to place to relax when the weather is nice.
Barb:
I've read that if you put ground up eggshells in your garden, the slugs stay away. From what I understand, it is like "walking over glass" to them.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #294  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Barb:
I've read that if you put ground up eggshells in your garden, the slugs stay away. From what I understand, it is like "walking over glass" to them.
Oooo that's very doable. Have the Ninja, and hubby does go through the eggs. and environment/pet friendly Thank you!

dak1lls, Welcome! Glad to have you with us. Happy belated birthday
Old 07-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #295  
started IP Nov 21, 2011

S/C/G: Goal 140

Height: 5'5

Hi All, I am returning to my beloved site after 2 years. I did IP 2 years ago and lost 65 lbs, got happy and forgot the struggle it took to get there, hence all the weight is back!!! And here I am again because I know this works but this time I have learned my lesson. I'm 64 years and WILL NOT go thru this again. I will not spend my happy years worrying over my health and being obese so I'm glad to be back with my online family… I start today!!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #296  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme1 View Post
Hi All, I am returning to my beloved site after 2 years. I did IP 2 years ago and lost 65 lbs, got happy and forgot the struggle it took to get there, hence all the weight is back!!! And here I am again because I know this works but this time I have learned my lesson. I'm 64 years and WILL NOT go thru this again. I will not spend my happy years worrying over my health and being obese so I'm glad to be back with my online family… I start today!!!!
Welcome back! I too have come back recently, and I also have a new respect for maintenance and will not make the mistakes I made last time.
So nice to have you with us. Congratulations on your new start!
Old 07-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #297  

And I have huge respect for all who return for a "do-over". None of us are perfect or we wouldn't have needed IP In the first place.

I'll be back on P1 starting July 28, when I return from vacation. I'm HOPING against hope that my thyroid has gotten back in shape and I can finally get to goal. Although I try to remain positive, nothing has been harder than watching others get to goal when my body won't let me & I hover just above "normal" weight.

But, as we all know, goal is just Step 1 in the lifetime of changes necessary to stay there. I've said over & over I have the disease of morbid obesity and it WILL return if I'm not diligent. Damn it is sneaky!

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-08-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello to all, just got back from my morning walk feeling a bit TIM coming on, lost 1 lb this week was hoping for more but ill take it.

Halfagain I still have my weight loss chart from before and I agree w you, Im loosing at just about the same pace so thats a good thing.

Cindy, have a wonderful vacation. You are a great inspiration and you have really done great, good for you.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 205/196.2/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi, New to IP this week

Hi All,

I posted on the newbie thread that started in May, but since I'm also 50 "Plus" (53), I wanted to join you all here.

I didn't struggle with weight gain until my 40s. For a long time, I didn't mind being 30 pounds overweight (ugh.) But, in the last 4 years, I've inched up to being 50 pounds over my "last good weight". That was 15 years ago before the birth of my last child! I kept thinking it would magically drop off like it always did before.

I have cooked for so many for so long, it's hard now to cook for others and only eat on plan. I've talked about it with my husband and told him it's either this or surgery. He balked, saying no doctor would do it for my weight (bless him, I suppose I 'carry' it well, whatever that means.) However, I have high blood pressure and arthritis in both feet - had surgery to fuse joints in my left foot in 2011 and in right foot 2013. I'm a former college athlete but feel like I've lost control of myself here!

After the first few days of headaches, I feel really great the last two days.
Thanks for being the kind of people I can share with! I don't even like to tell people I"m on a diet for fear of the inevitable failure.

I'm determined and think I can do this!

Last edited by lgerl; 07-09-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #300  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgerl View Post
I'm determined and think I can do this!
Hi Igerl, Welcome! I'm glad you are feeling better. The first few days are the worst for getting foggy thinking and headaches etc. You have the right attitude for sure.

Barb
Closed Thread