Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 01:36 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwillow View Post
Liana, I am on the central east coast of Vancouver Island. BC'ers, stickin' together. Are you nearby, by any chance?
Nope, sorry... living in paradise - Okanagan area
Vancouver Island is great though, been to Uclulet, Tofino, Nanaimo, Victoria, and canoed through the Gulf Islands (used to live in the Vancouver area 30+ years ago). Still have the Northern tip on our bucket list, lol. Parksville is lovely too, so I hear.
Liana
Old 06-30-2014, 02:04 AM   #272  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Nope, sorry... living in paradise - Okanagan area
Vancouver Island is great though, been to Uclulet, Tofino, Nanaimo, Victoria, and canoed through the Gulf Islands (used to live in the Vancouver area 30+ years ago). Still have the Northern tip on our bucket list, lol. Parksville is lovely too, so I hear.
Liana
Not too many parts of BC to dislike, eh

I love the Okanagan too - spent some time there 2 summers ago. Let me know if you are considering completing your bucket list.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello all, WI today and stayed the same but im ok w that, last week was a 3.5 lb lost and I have been walking everyday and can tell my muscles are stronger so im shooting for next weeks WI. Have a nice day everyone!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #274  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello all, WI today and stayed the same but im ok w that, last week was a 3.5 lb lost and I have been walking everyday and can tell my muscles are stronger so im shooting for next weeks WI. Have a nice day everyone!
Great Attitude. Sometimes after a nice loss we hold on a little bit before another drop, I'm sure you will be saying these words back to me over the next year My WI is tomorrow. It will the end of week 4 so that's sort of a nice milepost. 100% for 4 weeks.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #275  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Great Attitude. Sometimes after a nice loss we hold on a little bit before another drop, I'm sure you will be saying these words back to me over the next year My WI is tomorrow. It will the end of week 4 so that's sort of a nice milepost. 100% for 4 weeks.

Thats awesome! Your doing great, heck we are all doing great. Are you doing the once a week WI? thats what Im doing on mondays only, if I miss with the scale it makes me crazy. Got up and did my walk 2.5 miles hurts real good, lol.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #276  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Thats awesome! Your doing great, heck we are all doing great. Are you doing the once a week WI? thats what Im doing on mondays only, if I miss with the scale it makes me crazy. Got up and did my walk 2.5 miles hurts real good, lol.
You have a great start to today. Me, two meetings, a cup of coffee... I did put the fitbit in my pocket... let's see.... 163 steps so far today... not counting pre get dressed steps. I need to shake a leg! Ugh I feel so sedentary.

All,
I lost 2 lbs this week, and have been happy with my food choices and life in general. No huge plans for the holiday. Getting together with family some, but no huge events. How about you all?
Old 07-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #277  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
You have a great start to today. Me, two meetings, a cup of coffee... I did put the fitbit in my pocket... let's see.... 163 steps so far today... not counting pre get dressed steps. I need to shake a leg! Ugh I feel so sedentary.

All,
I lost 2 lbs this week, and have been happy with my food choices and life in general. No huge plans for the holiday. Getting together with family some, but no huge events. How about you all?
Hey yea 2 lbs! Good for you, got up and got in a awesome walk, feeling good. Dont have any big plans for this weekend, husband is working.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #278  
6/26/12 start 355

I have to work a bit tomorrow morning, but looking forward to the majority of the day off. We bought a little chief smoker last weekend. I smoked some salmon for the guys, and I've tried a taste only. It turned out really good. I'm not sure how to calculate marinade and if the small amount of sugar in there really absorbs all the way and how much, so I don't want to chance it.
Tomorrow is walk day! and veggie restocking day.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #279  
Restarted IP June 2014

Height: 5'2"

Halfagain....we smoke salmon without any sugar or molasses ( years ago started using a low carb marinade found via " low carb friends" set online- using a bit of soy sauce, sea salt, sometimes some grated ginger, sometimes some smoke flavour. It's really good.
I'm looking forward to what's supposed to be a great salmon run in BC next month. Yum!!
Old 07-04-2014, 02:07 AM   #280  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermom View Post
Halfagain....we smoke salmon without any sugar or molasses ( years ago started using a low carb marinade found via " low carb friends" set online- using a bit of soy sauce, sea salt, sometimes some grated ginger, sometimes some smoke flavour. It's really good.
I'm looking forward to what's supposed to be a great salmon run in BC next month. Yum!!
Wow nice! Thanks for the tip. We will definately check it out.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #281  

Happy 4TH everyone! Got up and got my walk in early, now going to a parade, have a great day!
Old 07-04-2014, 11:58 PM   #282  
6/26/12 start 355

We had a parade in our town too. We drove thru just before they closed the road, and waved to the early crowds :-)
Just did a shorter walk today with hubby. It was a lovely day.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 226/198/162 (or lower)

Height: 5'5"

I didn't see this thread before! I turned 50 in December. Love that I will look and feel better at 51 than I did at 49 - or maybe even 45!
Old 07-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #284  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotrips3 View Post
I didn't see this thread before! I turned 50 in December. Love that I will look and feel better at 51 than I did at 49 - or maybe even 45!
It's great to have you join us Momotrips! I totally agree with you, and feel the same way. I'll be turning 53 in November. Sort of cool getting senior discounts with the AARP thing we joined. I thought I'd be trying to deny being 50 when I got there, but give me a 10% or 15% or whatever discount, and I'm all for it. LOL the older I get the younger the "older" generation appears.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I got asked for the first time if I was eligible for the senior discount (55 at the store I was at) - kinda wanted to say yes but afraid of getting 'carded', lol. We laughed when I told her it was coming soon enough - could I get an honorary senior discount on those days I feel crappy? I was pretty sure it wasn't because I looked even older than I am; since I've gone summer blonde with red streaks and was strutting around in my boardshorts, tank, & flip-flops I got a few looks from men in their late 30's (feeling somewhat like a 'cougar' or maybe 'sabre-tooth tiger' an older version of cougar, lol).
Anyhow, I was just feelin' good on a sunny day and I think that's attractive on anyone .

Liana
Closed Thread