Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
Good afternoon everyone..had my 2nd WI..down 3.6 for a total of 11.6 in 2 weeks..It was a more challenging week for me,,more hungry than I remember when I did IP in 2012. I didn't have any off plan foods, but I did find myself having an extra packet 3 days this week. Also Didn't do that the first time around . I am also eating the chips which I didn't do either, but find the crunchiness good when I am having those cravings. Also by the time I am finished taking care of my SO it's pushing 10 or 10:30 pm and I have a lot of pent of frustration. so the cravings really kick in. Any suggestions for something crunchy to eat besides celry or IP chips?
Hi CScape,
How about cucumber wedges with favorite spices? Or how about baking the oatmeal as a thin round until crunchy and topping it with your favorite spices/herbs?
Old 09-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

CScape: Pickles are allowed, and they have a good salty crunch if you get the good ones. I like cuke thickly sliced and topped with a dash of Braggs Aminos or soy sauce and a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar. Not pickles but probably a bit healthier for you. Oatmeal 'cracker' sounds interesting as a sweetish sort of treat with a cinnamon dash, Blueskies...
Old 09-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 207/192/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi, everyone! I'm 59 and thrilled to find this group, as we simply don't lose weight as quickly as our 30 yr old IP friends. I started in September, right after I dropped my daughter off to college. I have lost 15 lbs. I wanted to lose 20 by the end if September, but that is not going to happen! I had a couple weeks where I lost one pound each week. I don't know why that happens, I stay op. I even work out lifting weights 3xs/week, besides my walks. Any tips?
Old 10-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #499  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Bummed,about what?!?
You lost weight and 1.2 is still faster than most diets!!!
Every loss is a celebration!
Do you own The Beck Diet Solution? Get reading!!!
What is The Beck Diet Solution? I have never heard of it.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #500  

S/C/G: 145/145/124

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Hi all
Molly your success is very encouraging! I am currently beginning IP alternatives and purchasing WF products, etc. Will begin Oct 5 trying!
Age 60
Old 10-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #501  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hi All,
It's been a busy past couple of weeks. Yesmyqueen, I just saw your post about your old center. How disturbing to have your clinic and coach changed diets. If I remember right some clinics were selling other than IP foods as well. Makes me wonder if IP isn't passing on as much profits to their clinics on the sale of the foods.

We purchased a "instant pot" which is a combination pressure cooker and slow cooker. It has a low setting as well and a saute setting. We tried the pressure cooker on a small beef roast last night. I have to say the meat came out like it does in my stove top pressure cooker - tender but like it's been boiled. We will try the slow cooker option later this week on the other 1/2 of the roast that we froze. Figured the same roast would give us a better idea on how we liked to cook them. We have enjoyed crock pot cooking a lot over the years - so I'm hoping that this turns out as well - not sure why it wouldn't other than we found out our old crock pot that broke (that we liked for so long) was rated very poorly on amazon saying it cooked at too high temps. So now this new machine may cook differently. No sense worrying over it - I'll just cook something and find out!

I will be traveling for work again within the next month. I know I'll feel better for the trip physically. Not looking forward to being away from the family though. I'm glad my last cloths purchases will qualify as business casual attire so I don't need to do any last minute cloths shopping.

Have a great day all.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
What is The Beck Diet Solution? I have never heard of it.
Hi there: check out Amazon or similar:
quote from book reviews:
From Publishers Weekly

Can thinking and eating like a thin person be learned, similar to learning to drive or use a computer? Beck (Cognitive Therapy for Challenging Problems) contends so, based on decades of work with patients who have lost pounds and maintained weight through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Beck's six-week program adapts CBT, a therapeutic system developed by Beck's father, Aaron, in the 1960s, to specific challenges faced by yo-yo dieters, including negative thinking, bargaining, emotional eating, bingeing, and eating out. Beck counsels readers day-by-day, introducing new elements (creating advantage response cards, choosing a diet, enlisting a diet coach, making a weight-loss graph) progressively and offering tools to help readers stay focused (writing exercises, to-do lists, ways to counter negative thoughts). There are no eating plans, calorie counts, recipes or exercises; according to Beck, any healthy diet will work if readers learn to think differently about eating and food. Beck's book is like an extended therapy session with a diet coach. (Apr.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. --

'The most empowering diet secret ever' - O, The Oprah Magazine * 'The Beck Diet Solution is the only diet book I would recommend to friends. Her honest straightforward, no-nonsense approach can not only transform your body, but change your mind and your life - permanently. Beck is the the go-to expert for anyone looking for a sane, healthy way to lose weight and keep it off.' - Rachel Combe, Elle magazine health columnist * '....that's because it's perhaps the best diet book ever to focus on the psychology of permanent weight loss.' - Newsweek" --

Hope this helps... Lots of the gals are using/have used this to retrain their eating habits/brain.

Liana
Closed Thread