Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #331  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'4"

Finishing Day 4....hunger comes and goes, funny to hear my stomach rumble, cause with my old eating habits, that never happened before...LOL. A few things that are keeping me going, are having a cup of Romaine at about 4pm when I'm really seriously hungry, in the long gap between lunch and dinner. And, at night, to help with the munchies, I have a cup of unsweetened hot tea....fills the hole. And water, OMG, I've never drunk so much water. And finally, the biggest benefit of this so far, is that within 24 hours of starting IP, my blood pressure went down to normal. WwwooooooHoooooo!!!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 01:49 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Thumbs up for normal BP - and so quickly too! Good goin', Stanski! There's your first NonScaleVictory already.

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-18-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:15 AM   #333  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
I pray that I can get rid of this extra weight and KEEP IT OFF. I woud LOVE for my 50's to be better than my 40's and 30's!

Looking forward to supporting others as well as being motivated by others successes.
Welcome Visionary. Good decision to make your life a better one! Personally, I can vouch for the 60's being even better than my 50's - IP being part of that! Stay with the program & you will lose the weight & gain some life in the process - it's not ONLY about the weight, actually

Support is where it is at, all right. Great to see you starting
Old 07-18-2014, 07:02 AM   #334  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Happy Friday! Hope to hear how everyone's week has gone. Maintainers and in progress to goal as well. Just in case any not quite 50's are out there reading, feel free to post. We don't check intentification or anything.

My week has been good. I'm so glad it's Friday though. One of these weekend days I'm headed to the Atlanta Aquarium and hope to get a selfie with something fishy :-) I've never been there before. I'm going to Google for yarn shops too. It's always fun to see what other areas have stocked. Often we can find local treasures in various yarn stores. Seeing in person is so much nicer than trying to tell by a photo what you are buying. However, my suitcases really can't take much more - (hush my brain telling me I can always mail a purchase home). LOL I don't NEED more yarn, I just like to oggle it... I collect yarn (or so it would appear).

I have gone out to eat a couple times this week with co-workers. I believe I've done really well staying on plan. The testing I'm doing goes through next week and fortunately the table o'carbs has slacked off after the first couple of days. They still bring in the breakfast breads/cakes/etc, but lunch thankfully has moved over to a ticket to get a free lunch in the cafeteria that has a salad bar and a variety of other options. I did get a grilled chicken patty the other day for lunch with lettuce and tomato, but I'm sure it was not fully compliant with the oil or whatever it had on it, but it wasn't horribly off plan either. I've still been packing my salad daily since the lettuce is much fresher tasting. The salad bar is sold by weight. I get the smallest dish and put in some salad extra's to dump on top of my salad. So turkey, red onion, broccoli, and whatever else they have that I can jazz up my salad. It's worked out really well. I sure wish the WF dressing packets were easier to open. I have a devil of a time getting them open. Guess I could pre cut the little tear area a bit when I open the box.... that would be thinking huh?

I'm away from my home scale and my spread sheet I use for tracking my progress. This must be week six coming up on Tuesday. I had to pop out a EAS shake out of my cooler bag yesterday about 3 PM as I was hungry and they brought in cookies to the table o'carbs offering. I was so glad to have that chocolate flavor drink to help curb the hunger and feel like I had a "dessert" too... yes I suppose that dessert comment is a bit of a stretch - but it felt like that when I was drinking it. Only thing with it is it leaves a coating/taste that lingers. I ended up drinking a lot more water in the afternoon though.

My DH sent me a care package of more home made jerky. He rocks. Well enough about me and my thoughts. Let's hear how your week has gone and if you have any big plans for the weekend.

Barb
Old 07-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #335  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Smile Newbie

Hello all, I'm 58 and yesterday (7/17) was my first day on IP. It went well. A couple of hunger pangs which I quieted with water and celery. Who'd a thunk it? Like others, It has been a long time since I have actually truly felt a hunger pang, just what I thought was hunger... I'm very hopeful that this will work.

I lost weight back in 2002 (50 lbs) slowly but surely it all came back. I guess I didn't learn anything on WW like I thought I had.

I'm trying to keep a headache from really taking hold. Cutting back on coffee and giving up the diet coke are the culprits there. I actually don't miss the diet coke, and I thought I would.

Anyway, I'm feeling like this is totally doable, I didn't even wake up hungry and that's a good thing.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #336  

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroling56 View Post
Hello all, I'm 58 and yesterday (7/17) was my first day on IP. It went well. A couple of hunger pangs which I quieted with water and celery. Who'd a thunk it? Like others, It has been a long time since I have actually truly felt a hunger pang, just what I thought was hunger... I'm very hopeful that this will work.

I lost weight back in 2002 (50 lbs) slowly but surely it all came back. I guess I didn't learn anything on WW like I thought I had.

I'm trying to keep a headache from really taking hold. Cutting back on coffee and giving up the diet coke are the culprits there. I actually don't miss the diet coke, and I thought I would.

Anyway, I'm feeling like this is totally doable, I didn't even wake up hungry and that's a good thing.
Salt can help with headaches, too. Either add some to your water or put it in your hand, lick it off, and then follow with a water chaser.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #337  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'4"

Well...just finished day 6, noticing that my eye's don't look so puffy, and my husband who can be so blunt (but very supportive) said that I didn't look so "rotund"....gotta love him!!!! LOL. Going for my first weighin on Tuesday morning...can't wait, cause according to my home scale, I'm down about 6 lbs.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Happpy Monday too all, down 2 lb this week YEA! For all you newbies keep it up this way of eating works, lost 79 lbs in 2012 but let it get away fr me, went back up about 55 lbs but got serious and am down 31lbs. When I lost before and felt amazing I just seem to slip into that bad eating but Im here and shooting for the life long goal this time, feeling really good.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I'm going to Google for yarn shops too. It's always fun to see what other areas have stocked. Often we can find local treasures in various yarn stores. Seeing in person is so much nicer than trying to tell by a photo what you are buying. However, my suitcases really can't take much more - (hush my brain telling me I can always mail a purchase home). LOL I don't NEED more yarn, I just like to oggle it... I collect yarn (or so it would appear).

Barb
Hello, my name is Andrea and I'm a yarnaholic. I may need a support group if this keeps up. I keep buying yarn for the next project. Yay for knitting! I just started a new scarf this weekend. Are you on Ravelry?
Old 07-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #340  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Hello, my name is Andrea and I'm a yarnaholic. I may need a support group if this keeps up. I keep buying yarn for the next project. Yay for knitting! I just started a new scarf this weekend. Are you on Ravelry?
Hi Andrea! I'm right there with you on the addiction. Lol
I am on Ravelry but don't put much up there. I'm "barbs". I cast on a lot more than I finish.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #341  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Default The end of day five

It's been a quick five days, and I am proud to say I have done very well. Weigh in is on Wednesday or Thursday. I know I'm losing, my scales say so, and I just feel like it. I'm happy with any progress. I hope everyone has a good week.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #342  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroling56 View Post
It's been a quick five days, and I am proud to say I have done very well. Weigh in is on Wednesday or Thursday. I know I'm losing, my scales say so, and I just feel like it. I'm happy with any progress. I hope everyone has a good week.
Great job! The first week weigh is exciting for sure.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Cross posting..esp for those who hear the clock tick so much louder....

Most of you don't know me. Recently, I don't post much, but had great success on IP in 2013. I'm 65 and looking 66 down the bridge of my nose in a few weeks, and lost OVER 65 lbs last year in about 8 months. I've been off line a good bit the last few months..but have been reading and trying to stay current, esp with the members who have been around since my own journey to goal was unfolding.

Have a few thing to share with the newbies:

*I believe in daily weighing..get over yourself..that number is important. Take it as a plus. It's info on YOUR body. Learn to use it. It a necessity for managing your life after the "phases" . This is a lifelong journey and do not mistake that truth.

*100 % compliance (doesn't mean buying IP products ..alts work)... will buy you the best outcome ...faster.
How long do you think you have? At my age it was clear..why drag it out..

So .. you are 45 or younger...?
You should GRAB every day. You will live to regret not doing so. Everyone does not make it to 65. Read your local obits. Longer is the brass ring, esp if you have a weight issue. Quit kidding yourself about how young you are or are going to be around...

* Everyone does not deserve to know-understand or get to weigh in on your decision to do IP or a PSFB protocol!!!!
They also don't have a right to what you weighed before, after, or the total number of pounds you lost. Many..(I dare say most of us), are mortified we have gotten so overweight an extreme system to lose is necessary....even if there is a metabolic issue. MYOB is a natural response. More PC ...is to look them in the eye and say.."gee your questions/comments make me uncomfortable..." That's a show stopper..usually allowing you to change the subject..or...just ignore their response.NO one has the right to make you uncomfortable..or to discuss your weight ( esp if you are not present!! Sharing that info casually at any point will open that door for a long time..decide if you want that...and only you can make sure that does not happen). Now.
Of course there are some who are sincere..you MAY want to give more info..do be careful...most won't sign on...and will not be kind in future conversational reference.)

Be good to you. You deserve this. Get your head in the game...this losing stuff is the easy part. If you spend time and money now..you are investing in you. Figure out how you are going to maintain. Most of us have broken metabolism. You are not going to go back to donuts, pizza, daily wine and sugar. There may be a few who are on this journey who are not broken..but they do not have a significant, even shocking number of pounds or % of body weight to lose. A lot of other diets may well work for them . If you have not been successful elsewhere ....there is a reason.

Wishing everyone success in their journey, because I have tasted the honey. And it was not dessert.

Also..am realistic...and feel that message should be shared honestly.
Absolutely. My age plays a HUGE part in my attitude. I feel obligated to tell it like it is... Honesty can be unpopular..but it still has value.

Just because you are younger than I, is no guarantee you are going to get a chance to do this...later.

Many of us wish we had known about this 10 years ago..or more. Days lost can never be regained. Every day is a gift. I hope I did NOT miss my window. Everyone's is different. And no one knows what they got.

Celebrate today and your decisions... Hope for a wonderful tomorrow..everyday from now on! You deserve nothing less.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #344  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Excellent post 65 and so full of wisdom!

Good to see you!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Like NIKE says, "Just DO it!" Love your post 65! So true, don't waste time dicking about (pardon the expression), get healthy NOW! The sooner you do it, the less weight you have to lose, and the longer your healthy life will be.

"You are not going to go back to donuts, pizza, daily wine and sugar."
So many people on diets think that they can do this after the weight is lost. I see this around me all the time and I just want to grab them by the shoulders and give them a little shake - that mindset is just crazy! If you do the same things, you get the same results - no way around it.

Liana
Closed Thread