Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #421  
IP start 8/15/13

S/C/G: 244/211/195

Height: 5'7

Schenectady - You have great stats. Very impressed. You are so upbeat with your posts. Thanks
Old 09-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #422  
IP Start date Aug.11,2013

S/C/G: 291.8/258.8/180

Height: 5'5"

Thank you ladies
Old 09-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #423  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

WI5 for me - down exactly 20lbs and 17.75 inches! let's see what the next week brings.

I ended up switching over to alternatives and ran into a problem. I have known all along that my home scale is 7lbs off (heavier) than the scale at the clinic. My home scale had a tendancy to give different readings, back to back. So I bought a new scale, did some testing between old and new and had to adjust my weight. I will use this new (higher) number.

But at least I had been recording my weight at both home and the clinic so I had enough data to make a calculated measurement. I will be using the new scale exclusively from now on.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 298/262/150

Height: 5'4"

I have been out of pocket for a week now, but I had to share some good news. Went on my first out of town trip to the in-laws, and I did eat several things that were not on plan during that time. I did try to behave myself; for instance, when I was at a Mexican restaurant I ordered a fajita taco salad and just ate the meat the lettuce and veggies. No chips or salsa, which was really hard! Anyway, I just weighed in and I had lost 5 pounds in two weeks! Very, very happy with that result. I was so afraid I would gain. Any loss is super!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #425  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2sparky View Post
I have been out of pocket for a week now, but I had to share some good news. Went on my first out of town trip to the in-laws, and I did eat several things that were not on plan during that time. I did try to behave myself; for instance, when I was at a Mexican restaurant I ordered a fajita taco salad and just ate the meat the lettuce and veggies. No chips or salsa, which was really hard! Anyway, I just weighed in and I had lost 5 pounds in two weeks! Very, very happy with that result. I was so afraid I would gain. Any loss is super!
Glad it worked out for you and hope you enjoyed your visit! But, back on plan now, right??? We've got to stick together here!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 323/305/200

Height: 5' 8"

On week 4 and for some reason I am hungry all the time! Drinking all my water, plus extra. How can I stop this hunger without cheating? I have not been this hungry since the first few days. Help...
Old 09-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKitty View Post
Schenectady - You have great stats. Very impressed. You are so upbeat with your posts. Thanks
That is so nice of you, MsKitty to say that. I have worked hard and been 100% OP.

However, fate struck me the blow we will all face at some point or the other with the scale going in the WRONG direction!

So I am being meticulous about eating exactly to the plan, no even teeny little variations. I am hoping tomorrow he needle will turn in the opposite direction.

That is not a complaint - it will be what it will be I am still charging on ahead and enjoying shopping in my closet. Two more sizes and my closet will be empty. You know what that means -SHOPPING - even if it is only at the local Value Village thrift.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 323/305/200

Height: 5' 8"

Vachinyc,

Thank you, for the rtd idea. I will buy some tomorrow and try it.

Susie
Old 09-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzaq View Post
On week 4 and for some reason I am hungry all the time! Drinking all my water, plus extra. How can I stop this hunger without cheating? I have not been this hungry since the first few days. Help...
Pickles work for me - it seems to disrupt the sweet hunger pangs.

If that doesn't help, I take one of my chocolate pudding mixes, some Walden Farms peanut spread, and my morning cold coffee. I whirl it through the blender with ice until it is very fine (sometimes I add WF chocolate sauce).

Then I set it in the freezer for a little bit and I have a very cold, tasty treat.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #430  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Hi everyone,

Have been a busy bee at work the last few days and haven't had a chance to post, but have been reading your encouraging posts when I get the chance! Thanks for keeping the good vibes rolling!

My 5th weigh-in was today, down a little bit more to bring my total to 13 pounds so far! Not too shabby for just over a month. I'm actually excited for my annual doctor visit at the end of January. I don't think I'll be at goal by then, but if things keep progressing as they have been, I'll weigh a lot less than I did at last January's check-up! I'm encouraged by the positive effects IP is having on my health!

Happy dieting to all!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzaq View Post
The same thing happened to me this week!!! It only lasted two days and nothing really helped it. I chewed gum to help myself not be tempted and I did pop a couple of the peanut soy puffs even though I had already had my restricted for the day!! Better today so who knows. It's probably hormonal or something. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Wine Festival Weekend!!!

I am volunteering this weekend at the Maryland Wine festival, and it will be sooo hard not to go taste everything when my shift is over! But, I know I can persevere, I feel great, am wearing size 12 jeans for the first time ever, and just am amazed at my progress!

If anyone out there s from maryland and coming to the festival, look for me in the Detour Winery tent from 10 until 2 tomorrow!

Here is a pic from today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wendy sept 2013.jpg (7.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 247/232/175

Everyone sounds like they are doing great. I'm stuck. 2 weeks of nothing. I was drinking a lot of water with Crystal Light which I have ditched, and I was still having diet coke, which I have also ditched. And no more yummy bars for me as I've cut out restricted products. I know I'm smaller because the jeans I pulled out of the closet for this cool weather are now baggy- but I wish that stupid scale would budge!!!

Midgie Moon- I was just in Carroll county today for a Field Hockey game!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #434  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyllf2 View Post
Everyone sounds like they are doing great. I'm stuck. 2 weeks of nothing. I was drinking a lot of water with Crystal Light which I have ditched, and I was still having diet coke, which I have also ditched. And no more yummy bars for me as I've cut out restricted products. I know I'm smaller because the jeans I pulled out of the closet for this cool weather are now baggy- but I wish that stupid scale would budge!!!
!
2 weeks in no change in scale OR measurements?
A stall would include both (and be longer than 2 weeks - as frustrating as that is to hear)

Good idea to ditch the extras. Some people are more sensitive.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #435  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Week 4 WI -- down 2.6 lbs for a total of 21.6 lbs (I see the ticker rounds things), and a total loss of 22 inches! Yay!

I hope you are all doing well.
Closed Thread