Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Default Hi there!

I just completed my third week 100% OP, thanks in large part to all of the inspiration and advice I've gotten from "lurking". My fiancé is being really supportive and has been trying some new foods along with me (cauliflower "rice, for example). I just want to say thank you to all of you. - Jen
Old 04-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #242  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

1littlestar, Where did you get those cute charms from? I'm looking for something to start for my mini goals. I love the yes one! However, with your NSV this week, I think the boot one would be awesome for you!!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #243  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

Sansfilter: Welcome and good job staying OP! It is the only way to get up and get after this diet! Keep up the good work.

Littlestar: I like the YES one! You can look at it every time you need some encouragement knowing that YES you can do hard things!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #244  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

bellasamimom - Congrats on the 7 lb loss WI, WOW!

Lisa - I hope the positive spin for your 2 weeks on steroids is that they will really help your back to heal! Wouldn't that be a blessing!?! Not losing for 2 weeks or possibly slight gain would be worth it (IMHO) if it helped your back be healthier for the long run. You know how to lose the weight; you've proven that over the past 8 months.

1LittleStar - Congrats on your huge milestone, weighing less than 250. How awesome, WTG!
I do like the boot, also. I agree that you can get the "yes" as a future reward (maybe ONEderland?). Maybe someday you can swim with dolphins and get the dolphin then?

IdealProteinNewbie - wishing you a calm, smooth Saturday! Hopefully, you can sleep in on Sunday. That's one of my favorite things is to be able to go to sleep on the weekend and not have to set my alarm clock!
I'd just see how the day goes. If you are hungry after you've had all the P1 protocol food, you could try a pickle and or extra protein. You may not feel like you need the 4th packet, but I don't think it would hurt you to have one if you deem necessary.

M35A2 - Phenomenal before/current WL pictures! A picture is worth a 1000 words!

sansfilter - Jen: WELCOME!
I'm glad you have a nice and supportive fiance'. They are worth their weight in gold!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent a nice Pacific NW day at the zoo in Seattle with family. We all had a wonderful time. I guess we probably walked about 1 1/2 miles. After arriving home, my DH wanted to walk our dogs and was in the mood for a long walk. I'm estimating we walked about 2 1/2 miles. I'm enjoying an extra non-resticted after the 4 miles walked today! I love that Spring is finally here and we can get out and enjoy the warm weather!

~Jen

Last edited by JenRem; 04-04-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #245  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

So here's the three competitors for my next charm:

Dolphin - represents the recent trip I took to Texas.
Yes - Yes, I can do this, I am doing this!
Boot - represents the recent skiing day that I had, which was about rediscovering the old me again.

So everyone, let me know which one I should get for my next 10 lbs milestone, which I am hoping to reach officially at weigh-in tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I thought it was meaningful to start with the compass. And I feel like I am giving myself a new life.

Wow that is a hard choice!!! I would get all three

I think I would go with the boot. I think it is very cool that you were able to ski again!!! That represents so much of this journey.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #246  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

1littlestar I like the Yes charm.

JenRem I'm so jealous of your spring weather. We don't really have a spring here outside of Chicago. It seems to go from winter to summer with a flip of a switch.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #247  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I vote for the YES charm myself. I like all of them but I think that would be my next one.

Oh and I'm very excited....today is my last day of P2 and I start P3 tomorrow for 2 weeks but I hit my goal!!! I was so excited I actually went and grabbed my phone to take a picture of the numbers lol.

Last edited by Cheekyskeeter; 04-04-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #248  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! Just wanted to check in and let you know I've made it through three 100% days! And what's even more exciting, I'm only up 0.2 lbs from my lowest weight! Wahoo!
I was going to start phasing off on the 12th, but after talking to my coach I think I'm gonna hold off and stick to it for an extra week at least! I would love to get a few lbs below my goal so I have a little flexibility in maintenance.
Hope everyone else is having a great week!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #249  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Oh and I'm very excited....today is my last day of P2 and I start P3 tomorrow for 2 weeks but I hit my goal!!! I was so excited I actually went and grabbed my phone to take a picture of the numbers lol.
How exciting for you!!!! Have fun with those phase 3 breakfasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Morning everyone! Just wanted to check in and let you know I've made it through three 100% days! And what's even more exciting, I'm only up 0.2 lbs from my lowest weight! Wahoo!
I was going to start phasing off on the 12th, but after talking to my coach I think I'm gonna hold off and stick to it for an extra week at least! I would love to get a few lbs below my goal so I have a little flexibility in maintenance.
Hope everyone else is having a great week!
YAY for 100%. I think you have a great plan for your phase off.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #250  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Congratulations! I'm interested in seeing how you like P2. I've decided if I don't hit goal before then that Jun 14 will be when I phase off. I'll be visiting my dad in ID for a week and think P2 will be easier to pull off than P1 would be while I'm there.

DW left for work this morning in a sour mood. She's been stressing over work and wanted something real for breakfast. I offered to make her some eggs but that didn't seem to be what she wanted (I'm guessing bacon - one of her favorites). We're both hitting 10 weeks OP tomorrow and I know she'll stay strong. Just wish I could make it easier for her to get through the day.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #251  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Congratulations! I'm interested in seeing how you like P2. I've decided if I don't hit goal before then that Jun 14 will be when I phase off. I'll be visiting my dad in ID for a week and think P2 will be easier to pull off than P1 would be while I'm there.

DW left for work this morning in a sour mood. She's been stressing over work and wanted something real for breakfast. I offered to make her some eggs but that didn't seem to be what she wanted (I'm guessing bacon - one of her favorites). We're both hitting 10 weeks OP tomorrow and I know she'll stay strong. Just wish I could make it easier for her to get through the day.
I've been on P2 since last Friday (today is my last day on it) and I didn't find it all that different from P1. It was nice at lunch having that extra protein but honestly I really missed my morning snack. I used to have a shake for breakfast then a bar around 10:30 or so instead of with my lunch. This past week I've been incredibly hungry in between my shake and lunch. I'm thinking this may make eating the big breakfasts of P3 a little easier for me. I was never one for eating breakfast before starting IP. Speaking of hunger ....my stomach is growling like crazy right now
Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #252  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Cheekyskeeter: Congrats on getting to P3 and your goal!

knm: Way to stay OP! Seems reasonable to go a little longer if you can for more 'wiggle' room!

M35A2: Such a supportive husband! You guys are cute!

Had an emotional day yesterday but turned to my journal instead of food. I think I got most of my feelings out and feel better this morning. It helped that I went to a party last night and 3 people commented on how good I looked (they only see me once a month) and really went on and on about my weight loss! That made it easier to pass up dessert and all the candy that was around...that and my sugar-free gum !!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 245/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Just dropping in for some inspiration! I'm two months in and losing steam, but this site sure is motivating! Thanks everybody!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #254  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
JenRem I'm so jealous of your spring weather. We don't really have a spring here outside of Chicago. It seems to go from winter to summer with a flip of a switch.
The weather comes and goes, but us Washingtonians KNOW to take advantage of our gorgeous days. Today it's gray, cloudy and rainy but at least not cold (in the 50's F.) I don't think I could handle the Chicago winters; I'm too much of a baby if I get too cold!

Quote:
I hit my goal!!! I was so excited I actually went and grabbed my phone to take a picture of the numbers lol.
Nice to memorialize that perfect number on your scale with a picture, lol! Maybe, you should print a copy and hang above your scale for inspiration?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
I've made it through three 100% days! And what's even more exciting, I'm only up 0.2 lbs from my lowest weight! Wahoo!
We knew YOU could DO this! I'm so glad you're in a good mental place that you could consider extending your P1 days. Just keep on keepin' on! It will be over before you know it and you will be so proud of yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
Had an emotional day yesterday but turned to my journal instead of food. I think I got most of my feelings out and feel better this morning. It helped that I went to a party last night and 3 people commented on how good I looked (they only see me once a month) and really went on and on about my weight loss! That made it easier to pass up dessert and all the candy that was around...that and my sugar-free gum !!
That is so awesome that you took that emotional energy and directed it into your journal. Good for you! That will be such an important thing to be able to continue to do now and in maintenace.
Congrats on the compliments; they can be so uplifting! Just wait and see what happens next month, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinvt View Post
Just dropping in for some inspiration! I'm two months in and losing steam, but this site sure is motivating! Thanks everybody!
I'm so glad you come here for inspiration. We are all really here to support each other. No one knows exactly what it's like on this journey except those of us that are actually doing it. Please, let us know if there is an area you are struggling with, so we can try to help you better!

~Jen
Old 04-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ugh
Went back to the physiatrist with results from the spect scan yesterday. He wants a 2 week course of oral steroids to reduce inflammation.
I'm guessing this may stall WL
I'll stay OP tho.
No reason to let anything derail me now, not with everything else I've been thru. If I can lose weight thru developing hypothyroid, thru cutting out soy & "losing" my IP favorites, I can get thru this too.
You've got this Lisa! Love your attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
I'm going to give a before/after pic a try and see if I'm up to posting photos.
Looking Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
So everyone, let me know which one I should get for my next 10 lbs milestone, which I am hoping to reach officially at weigh-in tomorrow.
I'm torn between the yes and the boot. I think it's a major accomplishment to get back on skis! Maybe "yes I did" for final goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
Way to reach for the journal, it's empowering to know that you are in control!

I've surfaced after coming down with the flu and being bed ridden that last few days. It's always when spring comes and I think I'm out of the woods that I get sick! Blaming it on all the kids I saw for Easter, little germ factories! Managed to stay 100% even though all I wanted was some ginger ale and saltines, thankfully they were not in the house
Closed Thread