Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun April 27-28, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #2  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone hope you all have a great weekend. I tried the 1 cup of spinach in my shake this morning. I must say it wasnt that bad never even noticed it was in there. I am back to working the am shift on Saturdays & when that alarm went off at 4:45 I did not want to move.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #3  
Sojourner

S/C/G: 168.8/138.2/125

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone, hope that y'all have a great weekend. Yesterday marked 12 weeks since I restarted IP and been able to lose 23.5lbs. Am so happy, glad I have been able to stick with it this time after so many failed attempts to restart. This time the loss is slower than my first time but I know I didn't gain the weight overnight it will take time to come off. Am re-learning patience everyday.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Good Morning everyone hope you all have a great weekend. I tried the 1 cup of spinach in my shake this morning. I must say it wasnt that bad never even noticed it was in there. I am back to working the am shift on Saturdays & when that alarm went off at 4:45 I did not want to move.
Ohh, that's early for a Saturday morning! I wouldn't want to move either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by putenpie View Post
Good morning everyone, hope that y'all have a great weekend. Yesterday marked 12 weeks since I restarted IP and been able to lose 23.5lbs. Am so happy, glad I have been able to stick with it this time after so many failed attempts to restart. This time the loss is slower than my first time but I know I didn't gain the weight overnight it will take time to come off. Am re-learning patience everyday.
Congrats on your loss. You are doing great!

__________________________________________________ ______________

My plans for today include making radish and rutabaga chips. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to a friend's for dinner tomorrow night, and she is having either pizza or Chinese. Of course, I will eat ahead of time. But I thought of bringing a veggie tray, but depending on the chips, I might bring a big bowl or radish, rutabaga, kale and zucchini chips. I bet the kids would like it!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, everyone! Weekends are the hardest for me. Glad it's going to be tolerable outdoors so that I can fill my day without outdoor activity! Have a great weekend all!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/156/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everyone!
This is my second post. Before I started IP, when I googled it, I found this forum, read a lot of the posts, and decided that I could do it! So, thank you!
I have now been on IP for 4 weeks. I am looking forward to getting my ticker on my posts.
So, today for breakfast I am having the ready made vanilla in some coffee. For lunch I am going to spray a pan with the olive oil spray and cook 2 chicken patties (one package). I am going to put it on a lettuce shell and dress it with horseradish mustard, red onions, and WF ketchup (My WF mayo is on its way). My favorite 2 cups of veggies is cauliflower or jicama. Today I will have jicama with lunch maybe with a little WF sesame ginger or just lemon juice. Jicama is so amazing by itself...
For dinner, I have 6 oz of beef tenderloin ready to grill on my George Foreman. Season it with some steak seasoning (O sugar) and throw some brocolli florets on the grill after the meat cooks with a little spray of OO.
Finally, for desert...chocolate drink made with lots of ice and water and blended in my Ninja - it comes out so BIG and frothy! What a dessert!
LOVE this diet!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #7  

Height: 6'

Fridays are my official WI day at home and yesterday i was at 0 loss. Well, this morning, I'm down 2 for a total of 27! Of course, I will wait to officially mark my ticker when I see where I'm at next Friday. But this was a great boost to get through the weekend. It's beautiful here in Chicago. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Default All Freakin' Right

A most excellent start to my weekend - A Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure there.

I stated a day or two or ago that my mini goal to hit before May 1 - my birthday - was to have the scale reading 300 pounds,

My old nemesis - the scale - has delivered. The reading is 300 on the dot. I had to check it 5 different times so far this morning just to make sure there wasn't an anomaly - you know things like different gravitational fields in my bathroom that would throw the accuracy of the scale off.

Truly a nice surprise considering that I only seem to lose weight every second week and this is my non-losing week. My next mini goal is to lose even 1 pound between now and May 1 to break the 300 pound mark.

My total loss thus far has been 75 pounds in just over 10 weeks. Not to be overshadowed or forgotten about, DW has lost 31 pounds as well and is doing great.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
A most excellent start to my weekend - A Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure there.

I stated a day or two or ago that my mini goal to hit before May 1 - my birthday - was to have the scale reading 300 pounds,

My old nemesis - the scale - has delivered. The reading is 300 on the dot. I had to check it 5 different times so far this morning just to make sure there wasn't an anomaly - you know things like different gravitational fields in my bathroom that would throw the accuracy of the scale off.

Truly a nice surprise considering that I only seem to lose weight every second week and this is my non-losing week. My next mini goal is to lose even 1 pound between now and May 1 to break the 300 pound mark.

My total loss thus far has been 75 pounds in just over 10 weeks. Not to be overshadowed or forgotten about, DW has lost 31 pounds as well and is doing great.

Spiritman, this is AMAZING!

Congrats, and Happy Birthday from a fellow May Day baby!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:

Congrats!!

Enjoy the weekend!

D
Old 04-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #11  

Spiritman
Yay!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Morning everyone - Perfect weather in Massachusetts today!!! After coming home from work with a foul belly bug yesterday, I broke down last night and had some OFF PLAN food. Not good, ate a banana and toast with peanut butter. Still have a belly ache but am back on track today.

Have learnt that I will have to make choices, learn from them and move on!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Absolutely gorgeous day in good ol' Rhode Island. Brought the puppy to her play social this morning and ended up doing a fair amount of running around myself (have to stay on your toes and make sure her play is "appropriate").

Have been dealing with some inflammation/water weight gain and a small stall over the last three and a half weeks (allergies and TOM). FINALLY saw the scale move in the right direction today! Woohoo! Hoping it keeps going in the right direction!

Have a great OP weekend IP peeps!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #14  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Way to Go!!!
And I know exactly about weighing yourself multiple times when you see that number you've been striving for! That's why my requirements for a scale has also been that I could weigh myself 5 times without deviation.

Enjoy your special day!!

Last edited by rubygirl05; 04-27-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #15  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday everyone. Been working some alternative products into my IP packets. Just finished the proti-diet sweet roll - delish. Bought a huge bag of kale from Costco, going to try my hand at kale chips this morning. Then off to one of our local nuseries for a class on potting hanging baskets...for a reasonable price, you go home with the finished product (includes pot, soil and plants).

Bit of a windy, cloudy, cool day here in the PacNW. Yesterday was sunny and in the 80s. Oh well...will be a good day to plant what I bought yesterday. Still finishing landscaping around our new house.

And much more capable of digging, bending over and kneeling these days!

P.S. kale chips are now in the oven.

Last edited by Msbehaving; 04-27-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Closed Thread