Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Congrats to everyone who is doing such a good job! I don't post very much but I do read these boards often. I've been on IP for 8 months and just past my 80 pound mark! This is crazy! I never thought I could do this, much less in only 8 months. So stick with it - it does work!

I am only 4 pounds away from my original goal, but I think I'm going to lower it by 15 pounds. I figure I'll immediately put 5 pounds back on and then that is where I want to maintain. As other people have mentioned, the last few pounds are VERY SLOW!
Congratulations!!! You have done so well and look so great!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]
If you are curious about the number, the scale was down 9.2 pounds. Yes, really! That puts me at 165.4. Pretty cool, eh? So here is my plan. Phase 3 for 1 more week and what ever the scale says next week will be my goal number (I will decide later if it is a temp or perm goal number). Then I will move to maintenance so I can celebrate my birthday with a fun day this year. Coach is on board with the plan.

Ishbel - how does my butt look in almost maintenance???

See less chatty as promised! Thanks again everyone!!
Wow talk about a whoosh!!! Congrats!!! You plan sounds fantastic, enjoy this birthday you deserve it.
---------------------------------------------------
I have a question to ask of you ladies but I am not sure how to phrase it so if I confuse anyone I am sorry in advance. Does anyone else find that as they are losing weight and there body is changing the are both happy and disappointed all at the same time. I will try and explain. As I am losing the weight I love the way I look in clothes, how they cling to me and the curves I am developing but without clothes I am disheartened by what I see a little. This is stupid to me a bit because before IP I did not even want to look in the mirror, but I think because I used to avoid it so much I never really cared about the little things that were "wrong" with my body, teeth, skin, hair, etc" because they were all overshadowed by my weight. So now as the weight is becoming less of an issue I find myself picking out and being a harder judge on myself about these other things. These are my issues and I will need to find a way to work them out for myself I was just wondering if I was the only one?

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 03-28-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #107  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

You're not the only one who thinks that way Monica. My hubby laughs at me as now when I'm getting dressed or getting ready (for work or to go out with him) I'm questioning him on everything....do I look good, does my middle area look big in this shirt, is my hair ok, should I put makeup on to even out my skin (I never wear foundation as I hate the feel of it), should I get a boob lift (age and the weight loss has left them a little lower then I'd like). It takes me ten times longer to get ready to go anywhere. He of course goes on and on about how great I look and how proud he is of me but I think it takes us longer to see the good things in the mirror. I'm still a bit surprised every day when I look at myself in the mirror and see how much smaller I am. I'm truly happy with my weight now (can't wait to start working out to tone it all up).

Oh and today is my last day on P1....I'm starting P2 tomorrow....yippppeeee. Although honestly I'm quite comfy in P1.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I have a question to ask of you ladies but I am not sure how to phrase it so if I confuse anyone I am sorry in advance. Does anyone else find that as they are losing weight and there body is changing the are both happy and disappointed all at the same time. I will try and explain. As I am losing the weight I love the way I look in clothes, how they cling to me and the curves I am developing but without clothes I am disheartened by what I see a little. This is stupid to me a bit because before IP I did not even want to look in the mirror, but I think because I used to avoid it so much I never really cared about the little things that were "wrong" with my body, teeth, skin, hair, etc" because they were all overshadowed by my weight. So now as the weight is becoming less of an issue I find myself picking out and being a harder judge on myself about these other things. These are my issues and I will need to find a way to work them out for myself I was just wondering if I was the only one?
It is so easy to only see the imperfections.
We basically have a new body to look at but all the old "stuff" is still there. I have lower belly "apron" skin/fat. I know more will go with 40 more lbs (but probably not all) but man-o-man if I could choose a spot for a reduction, this would be it! But then I look at my wiggly, dimply thighs...

See? There are lots of cosmetic changes we can all make if there is unlimited $$$ -- hair extensions, teeth whitenting/caps/straightening, plastic surgery, liposuction...etc, but in the end we get to live in the bodies we were given. And we've all done some disservice to these bodies. Right now, we're doing the best we can for the bodies each and every day to get them into some kinda healthy shape again. AND we're not done yet. We're still IN the journey. But it is SO EASY to be self-critical. I sometimes wonder if this is the inner fat girl's way of trying to come back out: "See, you won't ever be perfect...eat some nachos!"

Let's let the inner skinny girl have the fun right now...choosing new outfits, updating hairdos, buying new makeup, while we learn to accept our imperfections. IP won't fix it all, even tho it does a fantastic job on the weight. And if we had unlimited $$, we could end up looking like a freak show from too much intervention (Joan Rivers, Michael Jackson come to mind)

I remember when I had my breast reduction in 99. So many people wanted a "transplant". I told them then: the grass might look greener but it still must be mowed. We might choose to make some cosmetic changes based on our personal finances but not all of us will be able to.

Today, I'm celebrating going up & down stairs without needing a railing! (and having hardly any pants in my closet...I gotta rectify that this weekend before I'm bottomless )
Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #109  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Week 9 WI a day early as coach taking Good Friday off. Down a tad less than 1lb and a little over an inch lost. It appears that I have a sensitivity to Soy so no more Restricteds for the next couple of weeks to see if that stirs things up any. I'm really going to miss that Vanilla Crispy Square.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #110  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Monica-I feel the same way. With clothes on I am really happy with how I look, but when I'm just out of the shower and standing in front of the mirror it's another story. I automatically zoom into my upper body and all I can see if the fat covering my stomach and arms. Since the skin isn't firmed up all the way everything looks so droopy and fatty. Obviously there is a lot less, but sometimes I can't see the difference from before.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #111  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Hello! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood - I have reached ONEderland! 199.6 on my home scale this morning. I have not seen that number in about 23 years - IP ROCKS!

Official weigh in today was 2 lbs down, making my official weight 202.5, but come on, I'm not using that as my official weight today, lol! They are consistently 2-3 lbs different which accounts for the clothes I'm wearing and shake I drink between the two WIs.

Getting ready for Easter at my house on Sunday. I'm the cook, so it will be chock full of good veggies. Happy Easter to everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Shout-outs to MomPattie, Starshine, and Stargirl66!

Hope you're all doing well
Hola, time to catch up with everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Good to hear from you even if your struggling. Remember the journey isn't always easy but the destination will be worth it. What were the reasons why you were motivated to lose weight to begin with? Write them down if you haven't yet and re-read that list every day. I've changed the tone of my list now that I'm at the end:
1. I look better
2. I wear a smaller size (size 20/22 to size 8/10!)
3. I'm happier when I look in the mirror - tall and lean
4. I don't feel so self-conscious
5. I'm in better health
6. I feel better physically
7. I have more energy
8. I feel more in control
9. I have more confidence
10. I've increase my self esteem
11. I feel more outgoing

My bad little secret right now is a sweet craving after dinner. I am anxious for another week to go by so I can have a small yogurt and fruit snack after dinner in maintenance. In the meantime, I have been known to do a little sip of WF Pancake syrup. It sounds disgusting but it gives me that little sweet I want to finish my dinner.
Love the list, and OMG your bad little secret made me laugh :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

I took the week off so I could stay home with the kids during their spring break. Finally finished the trim in the office today, it was the last thing left to do since we redecorated that room back in December.

I also cleaned out some closets. I still had some t-shirts in my closet that were 2X. Amazing to think that I was wearing them last summer, and now I'm wearing a small.

I've got plenty of spring cleaning left to do for the rest of the week. The kids aren't going to be very happy about spring break. Tomorrow I'm sending them down to the basement to go through the old boxed up toys to see what they don't need anymore. They were hoping to go to an indoor waterpark.
I'm going through the all the closets now too, and what a chore it is! Not only do I have to be ready for a kid's consignment sale in a week, but my own entire wardrobe is in flux right now. I've been making purchases, but still need to contend with everything that's in there. The shopping part is fun though, I just got an order from Kohls yesterday, and found I'm size 16/1X for the most part, down from a 26/4X that I was last year, holy cow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I appreciate all the kind words and it helps me remember to be kind to myself. At my WI today, the scale moved DOWN!!!! Yippee!!! I am sure that the weird scale movements over the past were a combination of too little water while traveling, plumbing issues & stressing myself out about what my goal is/could be/should be.

If you are curious about the number, the scale was down 9.2 pounds. Yes, really! That puts me at 165.4. Pretty cool, eh? So here is my plan. Phase 3 for 1 more week and what ever the scale says next week will be my goal number (I will decide later if it is a temp or perm goal number). Then I will move to maintenance so I can celebrate my birthday with a fun day this year. Coach is on board with the plan.

Ishbel - how does my butt look in almost maintenance???

See less chatty as promised! Thanks again everyone!!
Awesome whoosh, and great plan you have!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I'm glad I could help. So many people on these boards have helped me but I used to be really quiet in my posts because I felt useless to return the favour. But now I'm one of the old-timers and maybe I really have learned a thing or two. My coach affirms my actions and thoughts all the time so it is my turn to do the same for myself.

I wish I knew what "thin" felt like but at least I feel thinner and usually lean. (as long as I have the right body shaper on!!!)

Friday will be my first official day of maintenance. I plan to go all out with carrots and onions with my slow cooker roast. Life on the wild side! On Saturday I have to shop in the morning but then get to enjoy a massage, getting my hair done and finally getting my nails done. That is my easter basket treat. I have a family dinner to go to on Sunday but I know they have healthier options and I'll bring a salad of some sort.
You're a great inspiration Kitkat! Congrats on getting to the Maint phase, hopefully you'll still stick around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
It is so easy to only see the imperfections.
We basically have a new body to look at but all the old "stuff" is still there. I have lower belly "apron" skin/fat. I know more will go with 40 more lbs (but probably not all) but man-o-man if I could choose a spot for a reduction, this would be it! But then I look at my wiggly, dimply thighs...

See? There are lots of cosmetic changes we can all make if there is unlimited $$$ -- hair extensions, teeth whitenting/caps/straightening, plastic surgery, liposuction...etc, but in the end we get to live in the bodies we were given. And we've all done some disservice to these bodies. Right now, we're doing the best we can for the bodies each and every day to get them into some kinda healthy shape again. AND we're not done yet. We're still IN the journey. But it is SO EASY to be self-critical. I sometimes wonder if this is the inner fat girl's way of trying to come back out: "See, you won't ever be perfect...eat some nachos!"

Let's let the inner skinny girl have the fun right now...choosing new outfits, updating hairdos, buying new makeup, while we learn to accept our imperfections. IP won't fix it all, even tho it does a fantastic job on the weight. And if we had unlimited $$, we could end up looking like a freak show from too much intervention (Joan Rivers, Michael Jackson come to mind)

I remember when I had my breast reduction in 99. So many people wanted a "transplant". I told them then: the grass might look greener but it still must be mowed. We might choose to make some cosmetic changes based on our personal finances but not all of us will be able to.

Today, I'm celebrating going up & down stairs without needing a railing! (and having hardly any pants in my closet...I gotta rectify that this weekend before I'm bottomless )
Hooray for no railing - great NSV!

Yeah, the imperfections are many, but I'm oddly not really concerned about all the extra skin and jiggly parts at this point. I've never been happy with my body, but I think I've learned to become more accepting of it, and proud of myself for staying on the journey, and getting closer to my destination. Will I ever have surgery? I hope so after a year or so of reaching goal. I don't think I'll be going sleeveless this summer, and my thighs will require longer shorts for now, and that's ok. I'm not Barbie and never plan to be.

Last edited by stargirl66; 03-28-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #112  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
You know how skinny people complain about their lumps and bumps that no one can see and you think, "You look great!"...well, that's YOU! You're the skinny person I think this is something everyone, regardless of size, goes through...we see our own imperfections, whatever they may be, and they seem significant to us, but to everyone else, they are invisible...
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #113  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Exactor - you look absolutely AMAZING - WTG!

Delgen - I agree, we want our foods to be good, but not too good lol!

M35A2 - sorry about the soy sensitivity; Lisa is living through this. Hang in there and I hope it gets figured out!

stargirl66 - Welcome to ONEDERLAND. So very happy for you! I agree that this is the time you should count your scale instead of the clinic's, lol!

Monica, Cheekyskeeter, Lisa, Ragdoll, Stargirl66, and benice - great points! Nice conversation to bring up and share, Monica!
I especially related to Lisa's and benice's, really spoke to my heart!

I agree with benice that others have always seen our flaws and our weight. So, as we lose weight - all they notice is us losing weight. I don't believe they focus on our flaws any where near the amount we focus on our flaws. We are always going to be our worst critic. Lisa's point about being concerned that the inner fat girl may be whispering to us that "we might as well give up now, because even if we lose weight we still won't be good enough" is very valid. We all know where to tell that inner fat girl to go, right?!?!!

Yes, I see my flaws. And I agree that it was easier to not notice them as much when we were heavier because the extra weight was sooo much more noticeable, that the other flaws were in the background.
I feel losing weight is a BIG enough challenge and don't think it wise to focus on any of the other flaws at this time. So, if my mind wanders to "well, I'd be happier if my .......... looked better", I immediately change gears in my thinking and tell myself how proud I am of conquering this weight issue.
I am not going to address any other flaws that I might want to change UNTIL I have gotten to goal and maintained for at least 6mo-1yr (this time frame might even be pushed out to 1-2yrs)
I don't want to bite off more than I can chew and speaking for me will address everything in it's own time. At some point, we are going to have to accept ourselves as we are and the sooner we can begin to do that and truly love ourselves (inside and out) the better we'll be for it!

~ Jen

Last edited by JenRem; 03-28-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #114  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

stargirl congrats on making it to ONEDERLAND
Old 03-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Congrats to everyone who is doing such a good job! I don't post very much but I do read these boards often. I've been on IP for 8 months and just past my 80 pound mark! This is crazy! I never thought I could do this, much less in only 8 months. So stick with it - it does work!

I am only 4 pounds away from my original goal, but I think I'm going to lower it by 15 pounds. I figure I'll immediately put 5 pounds back on and then that is where I want to maintain. As other people have mentioned, the last few pounds are VERY SLOW!
Congrats! You look great!!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Hi everyone! WI today I am down 1.4 lbs and 3.5 inches! Can't believe I have lost this much in only 6 months! Coach says I am going to Phase 2 after next week. I am excited, but nervous....Congrats everyone on the losses!

I have the body image thing you guys are talking about too...but I look great in clothes!! LOL Guess it's something I will have to get over.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone! I'm still here, just been out the last week and also hanging out on maintainers more lately. It's nice to catch up on the journey and see how wonderful everyone here is doing. All those tickers have been just ticking down for the last two weeks while I was away!

Congrats on onederland, Stargirl!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #118  

Congrats Stargirl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
It appears that I have a sensitivity to Soy so no more Restricteds for the next couple of weeks to see if that stirs things up any. I'm really going to miss that Vanilla Crispy Square.
I had a total hissy fit when I gave up soy and gluten. What I missed the most were my munchy crunchy: sw curls, salt/vinegar, dill zippers.

I found simply chips (by the makers of simply bars) and of course I'd already known about Quest Bars but started ordering them, when I hadn't been. There was also soy in several packets: dk choc pudding & IP butterscotch ( to name my favs), in addition to the soups.
I had to make a BUNCH of adjustments but I'm still here!
--------–----------------

So, my weight has been bouncing up and down all week but won't go DOWN below my last WI last week. TOM reminded me why today.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-28-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #119  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
--------–----------------
So, my weight has been bouncing up and down all week but won't go DOWN below my last WI last week. TOM reminded me why today.
Yes, you are still here and rockin' it!
Aawww! The joys of TOM! Hopefully, you'll get a nice wooshh after!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #120  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Quote:
There was also soy in several packets: dk choc pudding & IP butterscotch ( to name my favs), in addition to the soups.
I just bought the butterscotch pudding for the first time last week. That may have been what tipped me over the edge as I had 4 of the packets between Friday and yesterday.
Closed Thread