Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
And no one noticed your "new hair cut"??
Hahaha nope, plus my hair is more than half-way down my back!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #197  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Happy Valentines day everyone! I'm single but can still find a way to celebrate and not with chocolate (I did have my yummy chocolate drink for breakfast though so a nice start to the day). I started a few months back with treating myself with flowers, specifically roses from Costco. Beautiful, special and they usually last a couple weeks. When I want to give myself a boost for what I've done well in my lifestyle changes, these are a great alternative to food rewards. I bought some last weekend and they are opening up now.

My special dinner is mini sweet red peppers stuffed with a ground turkey mushroom mixture. I will pour a bit of roasted red pepper sauce over top as they are baking and a little sprinkle of veggie cheese. The meat mixture also has WF Sun dried tomato italian dressing in it. I assembled it last night so I just need to bake it today.

The loves of my life may also get a special dinner tonight. My cats usually only get dry food but on special occasions like this, I'll give them a bit of canned food as well!!! Life on the edge in a crazy cat lady's house.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #198  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
The first one was when a patient walked in and called me "thin mint." Not quite there yet but felt great! An hour later another patient said she didn't recognize me from the last time she saw me 2 months ago and the third patient told me I was "melting away."
Love the thin mint one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I have definitely noticed a little more wrinkle where the fat was puffing things up - but I use a good moisturizer and I think eventually SOME of that skin (athough not nearly as much as in other places on our bodies) is just loose and will reabsorb. I had someone call me "miss" in the line for coffee today, six months ago I'd have been "ma'am"...so I'll take it
Very nice NSV!!!! It's been a while since I've been called "miss".
I started using all the clinique free samples of anti-wrinkle products and intense moisturizers that I've had sitting in my cabinet. I'm going to have to break down and actually buy some soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
WI tonight and down 2.1lbs. Woo Hoo!!!
Way to go!

Quote:
Btw....HAPPY Valentine's Day in case I can't get on tomorrow! Have a good one!

NSV: I am legitimately on this thread this week -- well 99.99% (not enough water today but...) I'm feeling better and re-motivated. I restarted in Jan but it has taken me literally a month to get my ... together. Back seeing my coach, preparing meals ahead and I had only one restricted each day -- those were all my 'nemesis' before. Now just to remember those dang vitamins and water!! I'm hopin' the "hunger hurdle" is over (again) and that I get to move my ticker this week. No more sittin' on the Onederland fence! I've fallen off the fence, but "toward the light" and ... voila...here you all are!
You've got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Happy Valentines day back at ya!!!! Way to go on committing. I'm back at er after a "modified" IP weekend for BFFs wedding. Lets get er done!!! I don't want that same fat feeling in my bathing suit as I did last summer!! I wanna be LESS fat!
I hear you on the less fat feeling in the bathing suit. Swimming is something I love, but have tried to avoid as much as possible for the last several years.

Last summer I didn't take the kids to the local pool at all, because I didn't want to run into anyone I knew while I was wearing a swim suit. They only got to swim if someone else took them or we were out of town. My poor kids I'm planning on making up for it this year!

Quote:
I've never been called "succulent" before... Some people have "freudian" slips. That was an "IP slip"-- I think you're wanting fresh fruit! LOL.... If I'm gonna be succulent, at least dip me in chocolate sauce for Valentine's Day!

Gonna go take my "schminkles" to bed... on my flannel/wrinkle causing pillow case.
Night all!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #199  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Happy Valentines day everyone! I'm single but can still find a way to celebrate and not with chocolate (I did have my yummy chocolate drink for breakfast though so a nice start to the day). I started a few months back with treating myself with flowers, specifically roses from Costco. Beautiful, special and they usually last a couple weeks. When I want to give myself a boost for what I've done well in my lifestyle changes, these are a great alternative to food rewards. I bought some last weekend and they are opening up now.

My special dinner is mini sweet red peppers stuffed with a ground turkey mushroom mixture. I will pour a bit of roasted red pepper sauce over top as they are baking and a little sprinkle of veggie cheese. The meat mixture also has WF Sun dried tomato italian dressing in it. I assembled it last night so I just need to bake it today.

The loves of my life may also get a special dinner tonight. My cats usually only get dry food but on special occasions like this, I'll give them a bit of canned food as well!!! Life on the edge in a crazy cat lady's house.
That sounds like a wonderful plan!!! I love the sound of the stuffed red peppers, I will have to try that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

Very nice NSV!!!! It's been a while since I've been called "miss".
I started using all the clinique free samples of anti-wrinkle products and intense moisturizers that I've had sitting in my cabinet. I'm going to have to break down and actually buy some soon.

I hear you on the less fat feeling in the bathing suit. Swimming is something I love, but have tried to avoid as much as possible for the last several years.

Last summer I didn't take the kids to the local pool at all, because I didn't want to run into anyone I knew while I was wearing a swim suit. They only got to swim if someone else took them or we were out of town. My poor kids I'm planning on making up for it this year!
Yeah I need to make an appointment with my local clinique counter, I've been using some good regular-store stuff for a while but I'm definitely reaching that point where using the better stuff actually can matter. I have a friend who deals Arbonne products and she swears by them - she also has AMAZING skin, looks maybe 40 and she's turning 60 next year. So maybe I'll talk to her

I hear you on the bathing suit - it's amazing how we discover how many ways we let our bodies hold us (and our loved ones) back. Even better that we are taking back all that control!!! We are gonna look HOT on the IPeeps cruise!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #200  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

KitKat- Wow, you're dinner sounds delicious! I'm going to have to make that this week.

Scorbett- OH YEAH!!! We are gonna look HOT on the IP Cruise.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #201  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

We are quiet today on page 2. Everyone must be celebrating Valentines day, hopefully OP. I thought I would post a picture of my dinner tonight, it was great! I'll try to assemble an official recipe onto the recipe thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (48.4 KB, 32 views)
Old 02-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #202  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Yeah I need to make an appointment with my local clinique counter, I've been using some good regular-store stuff for a while but I'm definitely reaching that point where using the better stuff actually can matter. I have a friend who deals Arbonne products and she swears by them - she also has AMAZING skin, looks maybe 40 and she's turning 60 next year. So maybe I'll talk to her
I went to an Arbonne party and bought their "primer" -- that's even a funny word for it -- but I don't wear a lot of makeup so I just put it on my skin. It "fills in and smooths out" like primer all right. It's the most wonderful, silky thing ever. SO if you only get 1 thing, that's my 'recommendation'. My friend bought the "travel pack" so she had a sample of everything to try for awhile before buying the full size. I'm not sure what she loved from it, but I know she thought it was a good deal at the time.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #203  

Happy VD!

DH and I had steak & mushrooms with grilled romaine. Rutabaga is still in the oven. I'm making a sweeter, "dessert"-type rutabaga mash tonite.

All of the VD treats at school today didn't even look appealing. Of course I didn't see any red velvet cake. I'll need to figure out a low carb version of THAT for the far-off day when I may ever get to maintenance.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #204  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
I went to an Arbonne party and bought their "primer" -- that's even a funny word for it -- but I don't wear a lot of makeup so I just put it on my skin. It "fills in and smooths out" like primer all right. It's the most wonderful, silky thing ever. SO if you only get 1 thing, that's my 'recommendation'. My friend bought the "travel pack" so she had a sample of everything to try for awhile before buying the full size. I'm not sure what she loved from it, but I know she thought it was a good deal at the time.
Thanks for the tip! I will see her at work tomorrow so I'll definitely mention that to her
Old 02-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #205  
Reboot 9/2014

I made an AMAZING beef stew tonight - rutabaga, cabbage, celery and onions....sooo good and filling! Only 1 cup of veggies in the serving of stew, so I got to have 1 cup of sliced jicama with cinnamon and WF caramel sauce
Old 02-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #206  

How did you get the stew broth to thicken?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #207  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
How did you get the stew broth to thicken?
It wasn't super thick, but I used shredded cabbage - after it's been cooking all day it gets kinda mushy and thickens things up
Old 02-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #208  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
We are quiet today on page 2. Everyone must be celebrating Valentines day, hopefully OP. I thought I would post a picture of my dinner tonight, it was great! I'll try to assemble an official recipe onto the recipe thread.
KitKat - that looks delish! Please, share the recipe. Thanks, Jen
Old 02-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Happy Friday! Weigh in this morning!

Good news...my coach told me IP is coming out with a NON-RESTRICTED brownie and chips some time in May or June!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Good morning 100%, : I have been not been looking in on the form the last few days as I have been crazy busy at work, but I had to share with you all that this morning my scale said 199.9!!! What makes me even more impressed is I continued to lose even while working which very rarely happens with all the running around for 12hrs straight. I am so excited!!!! I am really starting to see my stomach go down which is definitely my problem area for letting go of the fat. I have been sharing my journey somewhat with my facebook friends, and I have found out recently that my losses have inspired more then a few to loss weight as well . That makes me feel great that people are seeing such a positive in my journey. I have said many times I would not have done anywhere near as well without all of you ladies!!!
Closed Thread