Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Coach got an email from IP Headquarters today about new products.

First is a Phase 4 meal replacement shake. It will cover the requirements of your breakfast meal and is only supposed to be used if you're in a pinch. They want to encourage dieters to eat "real" food (Whole grain toast, fruit, yogurt, etc).

Second is a Phase 4 ready to eat Chicken Curry meal. Again, to be used only when you're in a bind.

Another is a Mango flavored, calorie free drink enhancer similar to MiO, but with sodium and electolytes.

Now the exciting news...new NON-RESTRICTED packets!!!
- cornflakes
- potato chips
- brownie
- cappucino RTD
- ready to eat chocolate pudding cups (already available in Cananda)
Old 02-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #227  

Ok, so weigh in today...my home scale, which is always off by 1 pound, showed me down 2.5 pounds.

When I stepped on the clinic scale 1/2 hour later, it showed a 0 loss. However, I was 100% and it is what it is. Not changing anything because there's nothing for me to change.

On to next week!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
it's funny how we all respond to people's posts differently. i read the cheat posts with interest because i face temptaion, too, and sometimes it is helpful to hear how other people deal with it. insead of being turned off by it, i learn. i do not avoid the daily because people there are willing to be human.

i find myself avoiding this thread, however, because of the complaints about the cheating and discussions about how much better the people on this thread are than other people. when it happens, i leave for a while and come back when everyone has flushed it out. i just don't have room for negativity and unkindness (very superficially veiled as "tough love") in my life.
Like! Thanks for posting! I sure find I get more done at work when this doesn't feel like a safe, welcoming place to be. I don't cheat but from comments made to me on others topics I have become a lurker.

I do love to read when you all are kind and upbeat and joking with each other.

Have a GREAT weekend!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #229  

I totally agree Scorbett, Lisa and KitKat.

If you're doing IP, do it all the way.

If not, do Weight Watchers and construct your points so you can eat all the cake, cookies, bread, etc. you want.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #230  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Ok, so weigh in today...my home scale, which is always off by 1 pound, showed me down 2.5 pounds.

When I stepped on the clinic scale 1/2 hour later, it showed a 0 loss. However, I was 100% and it is what it is. Not changing anything because there's nothing for me to change.

On to next week!
Ah, that sucks on the clinic scale, but you're right, it is what it is. That's the way I take it too. We're doing it 100%, so nothing to change. Congrats on the -2.5 at home!! It'll show up next week on the clinic scale.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #231  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Monica Welcome to One-derland!!!

Lisa, Kitkat and Scorbett- your posts on the daily about cheating were well said.

Idealproteinnewbie I totally agree with you. WW is a better way to go if someone wants to have small cheats.

BTW I would use your morning home scale weight for the official one each week. There are less variables that can affect your weight if you always weigh first thing am and without clothes.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #232  

Thanks Starshine and Ragdoll!

Yes, I've thought about using my home scale as the "official" one but I prefer to use the clinic scale because it's a real doctor's scale so for some reason I think it's more accurate. Who knows?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 245/185/165

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=lisa32989;4634174]Ugh
Cheats on the daily today. So glad I have all of you non-cheater/excuse makers!

LOL - I just wandered over here (its my first day on the site) and read your frustrations after poking around on the other thread. I was so glad to read your "voice of reason" over there. I suppose we could all pat each other on the back and say "it happens", but that's not the support I'm looking for. Sometimes we need a - so please keep it up. I'm off to a good start, but if I feel a waver coming on, I will seek you ladies out!!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Thanks so much ladies!! Just got off of my 3rd absolutely crazy shift and am sooooooo drained but I did get many compliments from co-workers who had not seen me in a good while. That was nice. Now time to unwind and have a nice weekend with my husband.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #235  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

I'm feeling good tonight as I successfully managed a big whoops! For my lunch today I made chocolate pudding with WF caramel sauce and salt as my protein portion. I got to work and realized "no pudding!". For other reasons, I had lunch a little later today even though I had stomach growls at 10am. I managed to stretch my veg longer and then ate my Apple Cinnamon soy puffs at 1:30 instead of having it as a later snack. I left work at 5pm which is on time instead my usual late and got home in time to make the dinner I had already prepped. Just had my pudding snack as a late evening dessert. I prefer not to eat this late by like I said, I had to make it work.

I do have an emergency blueberry cran pom drink packet at work but I just couldn't bring myself to have that instead of the yummy pudding in my fridge.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #236  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Thanks Starshine and Ragdoll!

Yes, I've thought about using my home scale as the "official" one but I prefer to use the clinic scale because it's a real doctor's scale so for some reason I think it's more accurate. Who knows?
Ah, and I'm one not to trust authority figures.

[QUOTE=meinvt;4634865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ugh
Cheats on the daily today. So glad I have all of you non-cheater/excuse makers!

LOL - I just wandered over here (its my first day on the site) and read your frustrations after poking around on the other thread. I was so glad to read your "voice of reason" over there. I suppose we could all pat each other on the back and say "it happens", but that's not the support I'm looking for. Sometimes we need a - so please keep it up. I'm off to a good start, but if I feel a waver coming on, I will seek you ladies out!!
Welcome, meinvt! Come over here anytime you like. We love the 100%. And good luck on IP! It does get easier as time goes by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Thanks so much ladies!! Just got off of my 3rd absolutely crazy shift and am sooooooo drained but I did get many compliments from co-workers who had not seen me in a good while. That was nice. Now time to unwind and have a nice weekend with my husband.
Congrats on all the great compliments, Monica! Hope you have a great weekend with your husband!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #237  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I'm feeling good tonight as I successfully managed a big whoops! For my lunch today I made chocolate pudding with WF caramel sauce and salt as my protein portion. I got to work and realized "no pudding!". For other reasons, I had lunch a little later today even though I had stomach growls at 10am. I managed to stretch my veg longer and then ate my Apple Cinnamon soy puffs at 1:30 instead of having it as a later snack. I left work at 5pm which is on time instead my usual late and got home in time to make the dinner I had already prepped. Just had my pudding snack as a late evening dessert. I prefer not to eat this late by like I said, I had to make it work.

I do have an emergency blueberry cran pom drink packet at work but I just couldn't bring myself to have that instead of the yummy pudding in my fridge.
Aw...that's nothing to worry about. I almost always have my snack between 9 and 10pm, it's just how my schedule has always worked out. Plus I think I sleep a little better with something before bed. Since starting P2 there have been times when I've had a restricted as my last snack - not often, but it didn't hurt anything so I don't worry
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #238  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Aw...that's nothing to worry about. I almost always have my snack between 9 and 10pm, it's just how my schedule has always worked out. Plus I think I sleep a little better with something before bed. Since starting P2 there have been times when I've had a restricted as my last snack - not often, but it didn't hurt anything so I don't worry
I know it isn't bad for a lot of people but I happen to be one where my hunger happens in the afternoon and I rarely eat after my dinner time (which is usually 7pm). After tonight's snack, I'm feeling uncomfortable like I'm over full. I'll need to stay up a little later tonight to digest or I may have a hard time falling asleep. I'm trying tea now to see if my stomach settles.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #239  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
it's funny how we all respond to people's posts differently. i read the cheat posts with interest because i face temptaion, too, and sometimes it is helpful to hear how other people deal with it. insead of being turned off by it, i learn. i do not avoid the daily because people there are willing to be human.

i find myself avoiding this thread, however, because of the complaints about the cheating and discussions about how much better the people on this thread are than other people. when it happens, i leave for a while and come back when everyone has flushed it out. i just don't have room for negativity and unkindness (very superficially veiled as "tough love") in my life.
I think we all react differently to things, and especially with an "emotional" diet like this one. But I try to "respect the threads". This is a 100% thread because some people need that. I don't think anyone here is trying to make anyone think they are better than others -- it's a daily struggle for everyone. I am not always 100% -- thus my ticker movin' at a snail's pace -- but I'm trying and some days am more successful than others. But I need to be here to read that people CAN do this and ARE successful. I wouldn't take an alcoholic friend to a bar, and for some of us, food is a drug and there needs to be some place for people to go where there is no talk of cheating. I do hope however, that everyone feels welcome and can just appreciate some days we're and some days a little more

Quote:
Coach got an email from IP Headquarters today about new products.

Now the exciting news...new NON-RESTRICTED packets!!!
- cornflakes
- potato chips
- brownie
- cappucino RTD
- ready to eat chocolate pudding cups (already available in Cananda)
Unrestricted chips and brownies!?? Don't tease me! That's right up there with my dream of an IP cruise! I haven't heard of most of those, but the ready made pudding cups are pretty darn yum so glad they're heading south!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
We have "family day" weekend in Ontario, so a nice 3 day weekend comin' my way. Congrats on Onederland Monica! You know I'm humming "John Mayer" as I type! ".....your body is a one-derland..."

Last edited by IP43; 02-15-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
We have "family day" weekend in Ontario, so a nice 3 day weekend comin' my way. Congrats on Onederland Monica! You know I'm humming "John Mayer" as I type! ".....your body is a one-derland..."
Now I got that song in my head thanks IP43

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 02-15-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Closed Thread